Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cats

FarmerSamanthanFarmerSamanthan Posts: 2
edited 03.02.2017 in Archive (Read only)
I love having a dog on the farm.
Is there anyway to have a cat too? Barn cats are pretty popular on real farms, and although they don't do tricks they catch mice and such.

Just think it would be nice to see a cat walking around too!
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    edited 15.09.2014
    Yes. Absolutely. What is a farm without a cat? Maybe the game part of the cat could be kittens. And they could become a commodity like the pigs.
  • jean.zennerjean.zenner Posts: 4
    edited 15.09.2014
    Yeah, I could see cats helping. Especially as I know they can be friends to horses and help keep them happy.....
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 15.09.2014
    From the thread Anyone seen my kitty? nafaru, a Community Manager said
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey Adrienne,

our team knows just how much you love cats, but whenever they start thinking about what cats could do on your farms, they end up watching funny cat-videos (like this one) all day long! 8|

I'm kidding.
    We keep bringing up cats almost every feedback meeting and are pretty positive that one day, there will be something cat-related on your farms. ;)

Regards,
    Steffi
    But :( do note she said that in December 2013
  • Mirja (NL1)Mirja (NL1) Posts: 141
    edited 15.09.2014
    I would love to have a cat..:love: Maybe like the one in my avatar.

We could have it as a pet on the restaurantfarm, so he can eat the left-overs. (Although it's not very healthy I believe.)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 16.09.2014
    As an animal lover, (love my Big Farm dog!), I also would love seeing a cat on my farm. It would also be very amusing if it were chasing some kind of vermin off my farm! EEK! It's a MOUSE! 8|
  • Mirja (NL1)Mirja (NL1) Posts: 141
    edited 16.09.2014
    Catch mice in stead of worker bubbles.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 16.09.2014
    A kittyhouse for GF would be great, not minding the extra happiness of course :p
  • StephyJ3StephyJ3 Posts: 5
    edited 16.09.2014
    I think a cat would fit in on a farm perfectly! :)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 16.09.2014
    Attachment not found.
    Here you go
  • Adrienne_chilisAdrienne_chilis Posts: 141
    edited 17.09.2014
    You all know my view on it. I want my kitty soon!!!
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 17.09.2014
    Loved the cat video That is a fat cat, of course there should be farm cat,real farms have them to catch vermin. They are not pets,work hard for living not like my spoilt cat who gets me up all hours.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 17.09.2014
    Attachment not found.

Also another possibility for the Big Farm Cat
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 21.09.2014
    I'd rather have a snake.
  • farmer alireza3farmer alireza3 Posts: 7
    edited 21.09.2014
    cat! I love it
    but , I like it to have a house like the dog and have happiness and instead of XP , it can give dollars !
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 21.09.2014
    I too would love to have a cat/kitty along with the horse farm... :) Maybe it could give you the mice it catches, and there can be a mice-trading-for-rewards structure like the XP for feeding the dog.
    edited 21.09.2014
    Aphasia wrote: »
    I'd rather have a snake.
    Cannot really see a snake on farm slithering in bushes,eating baby animals
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 21.09.2014
    Lesley52 wrote: »
    Cannot really see a snake on farm slithering in bushes,eating baby animals

Snakes are very beneficial to farms. Cats only catch the stupid vermin - Snakes can go where cats cannot, which I firmly believe discourages genius vermin. If there'd been a snake or three around when Wilbur the pig got sold off, his days would have been numbered, as Templeton the rat would have had nowhere to hide. ;)
    edited 22.09.2014
    I like snakes,only seen 1 once in wild (sunning itself cow and calf rocks) but I live in city in UK Not used to idea of them helping out on farms though. Seen a few farm cats
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 22.09.2014
    Im gonna put the target on my back and say that your ALLLLLLL WRONG..only put a cat on the farm if there is an option for me to feed it to my dog..Awesome for keeping the vermin at bay yes i certainly agree. The rest of the time it will be a sleep.Its not catching the vermin because its helping YOU.only cause there cats and thats what cats do..Dogs aim to please there best friend..US..Loyal beyond compare unlike a cat thats really independant. For us who are on team dog..dont insult us with a farm cat.allow us to get a second dog insted maybe ?? OK let the insults begin ...nnnoooooo my fragile sense of selfworth..lol

go easy with the tar and feathers

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 22.09.2014
    This was pretty much an idea since the dog was known :) We'll see! No promises!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 22.09.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    This was pretty much an idea since the dog was known :) We'll see! No promises!

Thanks, Latten! A "We'll see" beats a "Definitely not!" any day.
  • Carvin3Carvin3 Posts: 15
    edited 13.01.2015
    have cats
    keep in barn w/ upgrade
    set loose on others farms to collect mice
    get xp for better cat
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 13.01.2015
    There may or may not have been some talk about cats, but so far there's nothing to announce :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 13.01.2015
    yeah a side option or something like this to keep pets or switch them..etc..for fun..i don't know..dog is also fine..or just introduce more things for the dog only ,which make it more fun to have a dog and which motivate others to upgrade it and this might encourage players to buy more gold...and their love towards pets,..
    This little feature could add more fun to the over all game :)
  • Tboneporkchop (US1)Tboneporkchop (US1) Posts: 105
    edited 20.08.2015
    every farm needs a barn cat or two. if you agree post a note here & if we get enough action perhaps the almighty might write some into the game. we shouldn't have to feed 'em. let them do what barn cats do & eat mice.
    whata ya' say farmers?
    Post edited by Tboneporkchop (US1) on
  • CRAZY CRITTERCRAZY CRITTER Posts: 60
    edited 04.02.2015
    puss n boots...lol awesome!
  • Carol SpringCarol Spring Posts: 1
    edited 04.02.2015
    looking for a couple kittens ,
  • KittyKatKlawsKittyKatKlaws Posts: 11
    edited 07.02.2015
    Definitely agree there should be a barn cat decoration, smaller space than the dog, but increased happiness (b/c it keeps rodents away). Instead of feeding/training like dog it should be petting, but also optional like dog & only earn points
  • TorgTorg Posts: 13
    edited 10.02.2015
    Domestic short hair for me please. Kitten or adult would be fine. Enough of this dog lover stuff :)
    And no I don't expect it to learn tricks. But It should cut costs.....
  • Cyn ThiaCyn Thia Posts: 3
    edited 03.03.2015
    Would love it... agree with KittyKatKlaws....
This discussion has been closed.