Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Breeding - My Horse Is Gone!

Comments

• donnadargatz (US1)donnadargatz (US1) Posts: 28
    edited 26.12.2014
    I tried to get a second horse out for breeding ,but every time I do I lose my horse that I points on .how do I get my horses back .I've lost three horses now Minnie,angel ,and red neck.can you help me get them back Minnie was my ordinal horse I ad lot of points with that one ,angel was my second horse I had only 10 points n that one and redneck was my third horse I only had 0 points also o that one too.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 26.12.2014
    I tried to get a second horse out for breeding ,but every time I do I lose my horse that I points on .how do I get my horses back .I've lost three horses now Minnie,angel ,and red neck.can you help me get them back Minnie was my ordinal horse I ad lot of points with that one ,angel was my second horse I had only 10 points n that one and redneck was my third horse I only had 0 points also o that one too.

I'm sorry, donnadargatz, but that is how the horse breeding is supposed to work. If you look at the response by BriannaospamGame2 (reply #61), you will find a link to the horse breeding manual provided. Most helpful of you, Briannospam!
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 26.12.2014
    Not a bug its in the description and is clearly intended. Most horses aren't bred until they are done racing. Its quite normal for them to be put out to pasture after breeding. The one difference, of course, is that often there is more than one horse bred from another. :)

-Y
  • Rinker (US1)Rinker (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 27.12.2014
    What do you think is best? Train in one area like strengh for racing or a balance efffect on all three. For breeding should you train one horse to be strengh and the other agility?
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 27.12.2014
    I always train my horses in all 3 areas, so I don't know about it maybe could be an advantage only to train in 1 area.
    But logic is of course, if you only train a horse in one area, that will be the only area where it have good chances to win in competitions.
  • wolf313wolf313 Posts: 1
    edited 28.12.2014
    hi there i have a probleme in the stable they told for the mission make 10breeding value or more but when i do the breeding heart my first horse is missing

help me plzz

hi there when the task told me to make a breeding value 10 or more i click to breeding horse (the button of heart) my first horse are missing and i cant play with him anymore plzzz help me

[Posts Merged by Wabbit]
  • stefros (DE1)stefros (DE1) Posts: 115
    edited 28.12.2014
    From reading the comments it seems to me that many of you are not breeding very efficiently. It makes no sense to breed any horse directly with a level 0 "Goldy". For instance when you breed your fully trained level 20 horse with a level 0 horse you get a level 10 horse out and will have to train it back to 20 again.

You should furthermore try and get a second level 20 horse and then breed them both together. That is how I have done it. You then get a new level 20 horse with cheaper training costs. I have now managed to get it up to level 30. And I have never played any temporary farm beyond chapter 1. :)
  • LiqrbuttLiqrbutt Posts: 48
    edited 29.12.2014
    What happened to all my horses? What, when you breed them you just loose them? That wouldn't be to cool. All the time training them and then poof, their gone, not to mention the cost in horseshoes training them. If that's the case, how can you build a stable of horses?
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 29.12.2014
    Liqrbutt From the Official Announcement I posted part of the post that states you will loose a horse when breeding:

"You can mate 2 horses in order to get a new foal. The parents will leave after this process, in order to make way for the new generation.
    Breeding creates a new horse with different potential advantages over their parents, including attribute increases through breeding effects, decreased amounts of training points needed for an attribute level-up and a chance to increase their breeding quality."

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?127726-Update-December-11th-Horse-breeding-and-other-surprises
  • LiqrbuttLiqrbutt Posts: 48
    edited 29.12.2014
    I guess I missed that part of the announcement. Thanks for getting back at me. I thought you would be able to breed you horses and thereby enlarge you're stable and have different attributes for each horse.
  • buddybeau (US1)buddybeau (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 30.12.2014
    Well I had two horses when I left for holidays,Gemstone and Diamond. Upon returning home I have the one named Goldie. Gemstone was well trained and Diamond was just learning. Frankly, it is becoming tiresome, to have to start things over, when new things are introduced too quickly.
  • Brissydigsu (AU1)Brissydigsu (AU1) Posts: 41
    edited 30.12.2014
    Did you breed your original horses to get the new one? If so then they are supposed to disappear. The new horse is supposed to be easier to train etc than the originals.
  • PennyS (GB1)PennyS (GB1) GB1 Posts: 46
    edited 30.12.2014
    i WISH SOMEONE HAD MENTIONED THIS. i WAS SO ANNOYED WHEN MY ORIGINAL HORSE VANISHED,THINKING IT WAS SOME SORT OF GLITCH,THAT I HAVN'T BOTHERED SINCE.
  • JudithdlJudithdl Posts: 5
    edited 30.12.2014
    The whole horse stable is a glitch! Nothing about it makes sense or is fair!
  • JudithdlJudithdl Posts: 5
    edited 30.12.2014
    [Please don't insult other players, even if you are frustrated - that's really not necessary. Thank you - CM Latten]
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 30.12.2014
    Please keep in mind this thread is about a very specific problem in the game, please don't try to steer the thread off-topic. Thanks :)
  • clare972clare972 Posts: 14
    edited 30.12.2014
    How and when can I breed my horse?

I am on level 30

Thanks
    edited 30.12.2014
    It does seem like an extra line in the breeding box where it says:

"The horses you breed cost less to train..." Etc.

About the fact the parents will be retired out to pasture, and won't be available for racing, or breeding anymore is in order, no?

I'd post it in suggestions, but then it would lack the weight of this thread :)

-Y
    edited 30.12.2014
    Hi clare972.
    You can find the basic information on horse breeding in this announcement

Especiality notice that, if you use your first horse for breeding, you will loose you first horse. (But the new child will be a better horse than your first horse. :) )
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 30.12.2014
    clare972 wrote: »
    How and when can I breed my horse?

I am on level 30

You need to have 2 horses to breed them, of course. That means you need to win enough gold horseshoes to upgrade your Stable to have 2 stalls for them. You can't upgrade your Stable until Level 31, however.
  • clare972clare972 Posts: 14
    edited 31.12.2014
    Thank you both..
    Am now breeding horses.
  • Zonja3Zonja3 Posts: 2
    edited 02.01.2015
    I started breeding today and lost my first horse in the attempt.
    I know i did not set her free.
    I upgraded my second horse to level 10 and cross bread the 2. Then there was a 3rd horse, which I supposed to be the newcomer - strangelt it cost 10 gold horse shoe.

Now my strongest horse is missing...
    Any ideas?
  • loony_cz (INT1)loony_cz (INT1) Posts: 2,533
    edited 02.01.2015
    The new horse loses both of its parents after breeding. Strange as it is, it just works like that in this game :D But the new horse will be soon ready to compete and actually win (higher probability than in case of its parents) - the biggest advantage is that you need less horseshoes to get to the higher level of the atributes - now you can train your horse much faster (of course if you have enough horseshoes).
  • CoMtGrl (US1)CoMtGrl (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 02.01.2015
    So I bread my horses this morning and they disappeared. I got the new horse they gave birth to but they disappeared...Don't like this. Am I missing something? Where do they go? Can I get them back?
  • julie4 (GB1)julie4 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    edited 02.01.2015
    mine done the same but just lost 1 horse :S

just read another post, u lose the 1st horse on 1st breed

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • loony_cz (INT1)loony_cz (INT1) Posts: 2,533
    edited 02.01.2015
    You lose both of the parents after breeding.
    edited 02.01.2015
    All players in this thread who not know how horse breeding works in Bigfarm, I'll suggest that they read the breeding instructions here. :)
    edited 02.01.2015
    The problem, Brian is that most of these people's posts were moved to this thread, and they didn't actually post it here to start with, or they might have actually read the thread (not always). They just came to the forum, and posted their own 'problem' without looking to see if there was already a thread/answer.

-Y
    edited 03.01.2015
    I'm afraid your right Yakoska.
    I also remember the first days after the annoncements several players clearly expressed (with blah blah comments) that they really did not bother reading the long complicated explanation through.
    It's not easy to help that type of people who not want to read instruction manuals, and not want to listen to good advcises, but only want's to complaints when the fried pigeons not by themselves come flying into their mouth when they open their mouth.
  • CoMtGrl (US1)CoMtGrl (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 03.01.2015
    Well, I'm very sad! I never saw any announcement that explained that the parent horses would disappear after breading. I would have read it. I don't do facebook or anything else so if it was posted somewhere other than on the main farm page I never would have seen it. I understand the need to watch space but, if they are going to disappear everytime how are we going to have more horses. There is space for six horses, why can't we keep our horses, breed twice and then after we have six, we can release them if we want to breed any more, totally sad. I miss my horses. I think someone should read these and see about changing things. I'm not going to breed again until I think my horses are "too old". Thanks for all the info.
Sign In to comment.