Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Word filter list

Comments

• tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 08.03.2014
    on Scandinavian: slut, slutte, slutter (to end something)

edit: And also afslutte (terminate)
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 08.03.2014
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    * Shitake (the mushrooms)

This word shouldn't be a problem if spelled correctly: shiitake has 2 i's.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 09.03.2014
    Thanks montuos. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 16.03.2014
    There need to be a rewrite of the software that finds the "bad" words.

When I was a programmer I wrote a filter which had a similar problem.

Basically, the software is matching words from the whole post without putting the letter combinations in context.

First of all, the text of each post should go into a function which strip it of all characters which are not letters or spaces. This is to stop someone from getting around the censorship with something like "K*I*L*L" or some such.

Then with the resulting string from this function, this is where it then looks for matches much as it does now. However, if it finds one, it then should note the position and the length within the string. At this point it looks at the word in context. If there is a letter before or after the matched word, then it is not a real match so move on.
  • edited 14.04.2014
    Hello
    Now that you have the words, why can we still use them when we write to each other. Should explain a member about "Klistermærkehæftet" (sticker booklet), which is the name you have given it, but could not write the word because it contains "mær" (bitch). So you call thing in the game, but we can not write it when we will explain how to use it. Them I would ask him to "prøve" (try) I got the problem again because it contains "røv"(ass). Please open the words also so that they can be used in the letters to each other. It makes things easier for os to help each other and have a conversation.
  • edited 22.05.2014
    On the skn 1 server the word 'titta' meaning 'to look' should be white listed.
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    edited 09.06.2014
    I got sooooo happy to read, that our problemwords were being acceptet soon...until I found out that this threath is already startet in 2011....And the same words or still a problem. Can they be fixet?
  • Godless Wench (US1)Godless Wench (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 23.09.2014
    I think the word Peacock should be white listed. Especially since they are in the game <G>. I couldn't believe while chatting with someone that the system told me I couldn't use that word because it had the word c*ck in it. We didn't name the animals, we're just farming with them. LOL
  • DragondamDragondam Posts: 22
    edited 01.10.2014
    peacock as we now have them on island and are part of conversation
  • Rogue Moon (US1)Rogue Moon (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    edited 16.11.2014
    Homogenous (as in all the same)
    Therapeutic (as in pertaining to therapy) we were talking about stress relief, how ironic.
    Assertive (as in my deputy needs to be more assertive)

We will not even start on how many Polish words are blocked.

Rogue
  • Margit kattMargit katt Posts: 153
    edited 21.11.2014
    Couldn't find another place for this. I was denied the name I wanted on my farm, which surprised me. It was a name for a little village where I used to live (farming land village) Sp I was denied Hemfosa Farm. Hemfosa is a very, very old swedish name and I think it means hem = home, fosa = is to herd. meaning herding cattles for ex. Actually "Herding to home" if I understand this ancient swedish right.
  • edited 17.12.2014
    Got a beautiful golden yellow horse. So pretty! Shall call it Topaz. Topaz? Topaz! Nope censored.... why grandma why.

edit
    Oh sorry. This is some serious necromancy. Should have checked last post.

Got redirected here somehow :P

Topaz = Pretty yellowish gem. Censored. My poor horse wanted the name so bad.

[Posts Merged by Wabbit]
  • edited 25.12.2014
    What's wrong with this word, "sparsely"?
  • Peggyegg (GB1)Peggyegg (GB1) GB1 Posts: 67
    edited 25.12.2014
    What's wrong with this word, "sparsely"?

'arse' is the likely answer
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 25.12.2014
    Sorry but thats funny prob right though:p
  • edited 26.12.2014
    Does that mean "assembly" is ok?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 26.12.2014
    maybe "ass" not a swear word but the rules around GS volcabulary seem to be make them up as you go along
  • mema2.7 (US1)mema2.7 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    edited 28.12.2014
    II couldn't name one of my horses Courage because of that and i figured it was rage that was the issue; then I went to send a message to someone about a skill level and got the same message + I'm thinking kill in that situation. It's kinda funny yet a bit frustrating - had fun trying to figure out different wording for that one. Was disappointed I couldn't name my horse what I wanted though LoL
  • mema2.7 (US1)mema2.7 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    edited 28.12.2014
    Couldn't name my hose Courage.....can see why, so could we add that to the list of words white listed? Thanks!
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 28.12.2014
    Couldn't use the word "Spice" to name my horse. I am guessing because of the derogatory 'Spic'? No clue.

-Y
  • VasiX (US1)VasiX (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 29.12.2014
    Went to name a new horse today, evidently "Horace" is verboten. Go figure.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 12.01.2015
    Is this going anywhere :?:

I know that words that has been mentioned in here, are still not allowed in messages.....question-mark-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 29.01.2015
    Yes it would be appreciated to be updated on what if anything is being done to allow these words.

I am not allowed to name my horse WillowSpice. Its parents were WillowSalt and Willowpepper. Its cousins were WillowNutmeg, etc. Where is any inappropriate word there?
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 30.01.2015
    Pameow wrote: »
    Yes it would be appreciated to be updated on what if anything is being done to allow these words.

I am not allowed to name my horse WillowSpice. Its parents were WillowSalt and Willowpepper. Its cousins were WillowNutmeg, etc. Where is any inappropriate word there?

Pic is a swearword in Danish so that's why it is not allowed to name your horse WillowSpice. Sorry about that.
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 01.02.2015
    PINJO1986 wrote: »
    Pic is a swearword in Danish so that's why it is not allowed to name your horse WillowSpice. Sorry about that.

Thanks for explanation, but I speak *English* and a spice is something you place in your food. The filter is too busy. I am not swearing in Danish. Please allow this English non-swear word in-game.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 04.02.2015
    In English:

Coarse - 1)
    rough or loose in texture or grain 2) (of a person or their speech) rude, crude, or vulgar

Thanks
    Raven
  • JustMe (AU1)JustMe (AU1) Posts: 170
    edited 02.03.2015
    Can't use the phrase "pick me" not sure what is wrong with it?
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    edited 02.03.2015
    kujhawkfan wrote: »
    Can't use the phrase "pick me" not sure what is wrong with it?
    PINJO1986 wrote: »

I am Danish, but I am not aware of, that "pic" is a swearword in Danish. I tend to use it as a short form of "picture" in english.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 02.03.2015
    Might I add that the word "pick" is a somewhat rude description of a certain bodypart in the Swedish laguage? I mean no offence but.. couldn't GGS have gotten a not-so-cheap word censor?
  • tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 09.03.2015
    Dearest Kat Nip.
    You started this thread over a year ago. Where is this going???? I mean WHEN!?
    If this is just a word game, it should be moved to the game section...

Oh, btw pic is not any danish word.
    A certain male bodypart is called pik, so now you all can swear in danish.
Sign In to comment.