Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

How much product do I sell or store for Level 36 farm?

Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
I have read about the farming cycle of apples in the section on tips and hints for making money, but I have yet to read what to do with pigs, milk, cherries when operating a single Main farm.

My plan is to advance my main farm before I venture out with additional farms, but as non-gold playing, Level 36 farmer, I am definitely in need of a sensible production / sale cycle to further my goals.

Right now I am reducing my inventory when the extra product interrupts a mission, or the ship offers a good price. I clear my inventory when I have been at full capacity for several days. Surely, there is a better way to manage my efforts and funds.

I am currently in an upgrading phase. I just finished an upgrade to the second barn because it didn't require additional workers. With housing my next upgrade, any management suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Grandma Molly (US1) on

Comments

• jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 23.12.2014
    Most people feel the same way that you do, that is focus purely on the main farm until you're ready for the gourmet farm or flower farm. I am sorry to say this but:

When combined with being a member of a coop, you should really focus on venturing out and buying the gourmet farm and flower farm.

Particularly if you find yourself a coop that has maxed out research bonuses on the items you mentioned, having a bakery on the gourmet farm will earn you a lot of cash, that will allow you to fund upgrades on your main farm. It is ideal to upgrade your bakery beyond level 3 but after that, you can enjoy the extra revenue that will come in after making things like apple turnovers.

Next, at its most basic level, the flower shop on these farms will help you earn much more on items such as wild flowers, milk, cherries, wheat, etc. The goal here is to upgrade your flower shop as fast as you can because this farm will generate much more profit for you versus the bakery.

I hope this helps you. My apologies for pushing aside your intended approach to this game, but from experience I have to urge you to branch out.

Good luck :)

P.S. if you would like to try out a cooperative, to see what benefits I'm talking about, please send me a message in the game. Not here. I'll find a space for you if you are an active person. Take care.
  • Brissydigsu (AU1)Brissydigsu (AU1) Posts: 41
    edited 23.12.2014
    I agree with Jules314. If you get your gourmet farm you will have your bakery which earns good money from the products it makes. You ship will also benefit from your gourmet farm as it will often ask for peaches, almonds and fruit cakes with cream. It's not necessary to expand your gourmet farm quickly, however upgrading your bakery when you have the appropriate level and money available is definitely a good idea.

I've been playing since July and have already reached level 98 and I earn several million dollars a day from my bakery and flower shop combined. I am a gold buyer however, so my playing style may not suit you, but you would benefit from a co-op if you aren't already a member of one as you can get better prices for your eggs, pigs, milk etc as well as a larger yield/harvest on apples, cherries and bakery items.

To answer your initial question, when I harvest my 4 apple orchards (1 x level 6 & 3 x level 5) I sell about 2000 apples before each harvest and I have a barn capacity of 3150 from 1 red barn and 1 blue barn. I do the same thing with my pigs and eggs as needed. That way if the ship comes and needs something I still have plenty in storage to be able to fill my ship without buying anything which costs 10 times as much.

I hope that helps with your questions! :)
  • Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 23.12.2014
    Thank you for your input, Jules314 and Brissydigsu. I realize that co-op membership is encouraged at this in the point, but I am not ready. I am having far too much fun trying to figure out this game, but occasionally I do need a hint or two. . .

I will take a closer look at the ship's average requirements to plan a stable inventory.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 23.12.2014
    As mentioned, you get far more profits from being in an advanced co-op than not. But other than that, the only way to increase profits on the main farm, is play more, and have more chickens. Eggs are pretty much the best selling item/time you have available. Apples are 2nd best, but easer to manage because of their longer cycle. It's annoying, but always keep your inventory full, if you can. The ship is definitely a boon. As is the Powerhouse machine you can build up in your garage with certs.

That said, if you get to level 80, and you don't have a fully functioning flower farm (I realize this is a ways down the road!) you will be severely behind the curve. Because selling Honey Cream and Soap in your flower shop, which become available through Apiaries (lvl 63 I think) a upgrades through those levels, are the the greatest source of income you can control.

Good luck!

-Y

PS> You can start your own co-op as well. Not that you will get much advantage to start. But you could work on the research that increases the prices you get for your goods, and still be alone.
  • farmerjoyce1farmerjoyce1 Posts: 1
    edited 09.01.2015
    How can I increase the level number or product that the barn will hold? In my case it is 700. The problem is when the ship arrives and I need 728 of a product and I can not give more than 700, Is there a trick to this??
  • Brian RobertsonBrian Robertson Posts: 25
    edited 09.01.2015
    two barns
    will do the trick
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 09.01.2015
    You can also upgrade your barn, if you are high enough level. Also, upgrading your main farmhouse will add +50 storage space each time.

-Y
  • 1sttimer1sttimer Posts: 34
    edited 10.01.2015
    Hey Molly, I know how you feel about figuring it out on your own -- that's what I enjoy the most about BF. I didn't join a coop til level 50+ & was lucky to find a coop that fit my playing style. so while the coop helps, you can do well on your own, just a bit slower.

while you need a good MF, it's the bakery & the flower shop that make the money as everyone says. open the Gourmet Farm, but take your time building it up. think of the MF as supplying the bakery (apples, eggs & milk) & upgrade the bakery as soon as you can cuz the apple turnovers are the best deal of the 4. build fields & stables to keep the bakery going.
    When you get the flowr farm, think of the Bakery as supplying the cash to build it up (it's really expensive). upgrade the shop asap, & build fields/orchards to supply that. when both the flwer shop & bakery are going, the money starts to roll in.
    once I got that mindset, everything fell in place - don't think of the farms as separate entities , the 3 depend on each other.

I don't use a lot of gold. so far I've spent $3.98 & used it for water towers on MF & GF & a workshop on MF -- they really do help.

good luck & happy farming....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file