Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism: New Fruits for the Ship

Gruffydd (US1)Gruffydd (US1) US1 Posts: 9
Honestly? You're including the new products (cloudberries, gooseberries) in the ship's requests even before we've had a chance to earn funds let alone buy seeds and grow the products?

So, the ship will sit idle for six hours because you've designed a request which I have no possibility of fulfilling. Seems unfair to me.
Post edited by Gruffydd (US1) on

Comments

• rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 17.12.2014
    Well considering one of the early tasks on the Viking farm rewards you with greenhouse seeds, your argument is moot.
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 17.12.2014
    The reward seeds are no where near enough after harvesting to fill the ship. The only possible way to have enough of the new seeds is to have used gold to advance your Viking farm to the point of earning enough Runes to buy more seeds.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 18.12.2014
    Happens to us all, it par for the course. The Ship has automated offer. In theory, once you open the Island, you 'COULD' have them, therefore it asks. I find it annoying, but that's the way it is, and we cope. So we don't send the ship 3 times today. Oh well. It happens.

-Y
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 18.12.2014
    What gets me is that we were basically lied to about the tropical island. We were told we needed to earn shells to buy tropical seeds if we wanted to fill the ship. After a month of intensely working the tropical island I thought I had plenty to fill that ship for a long time. Now only a few days after the tropical island is over, they change the rules mid-stream: a Viking Island appears, and now that I've visited the island all those hard-earned shells and seeds are worthless for at least another month.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 18.12.2014
    It would be hard to change anything in a way that is going to suit every player, because we all do things differently, there are probably some people that already have berries to sell & are quite happy that the ship is asking for them.... No not me personally, but then the island is aimed at higher ranks than mine.

While I agree the changes mess with our plans, I think of us like pioneers, in 6 months when all these temporary islands are well established, I imagine we will just switch back to the fruit or berries or whatever, that we still had from last time each island came around & not have these sorts of breaks, but being the first to do all this new stuff means we will just have to suck it up for now ... Given a choice between dealing with these sorts of issues to get multiple temporary island events or just having 1 island that comes back over & over, I most definately would prefer to have different ones. :thumbsup:
  • MaggieElig (US1)MaggieElig (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 18.12.2014
    I totally agree with MRG12. This time I thought I was ready, having stocked up on Island fruits to fill the ship ..but..NO.. now it wants viking fruits I don't have yet.
  • edited 18.12.2014
    What they should do is mix the two fruits together. Maybe ask for Rose Hips and Pineapples in the same boat. That way more options are there for those who now have tons of island fruit. If it is still jumping between all the fruit options, people still have to play to Viking farm to get seeds, but won't have to stock up on as many in the immediate future, when it is very hard to get them so early in the Viking farm... Just a thought!
  • OGG (GB1)OGG (GB1) Posts: 66
    edited 18.12.2014
    thats twice ive missed the boat,surely u must give enough time to get the products to fill the thing u cant bring in a new product and expect everyone to have it in a flash,things take time something ure not allowing for,syrely it would be better not to include the new seeds just yet !!!!!
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 18.12.2014
    So we go a day or so without the ship sailing..it's not game breaking. It's about figuring out how to get seeds asap so we can get our ships moving again.. without obstacles keeping us on our toes there is no challenge..just mindless repetitive clicking & play strategy -->boring;(
  • edited 19.12.2014
    Gruffydd2 wrote: »
    Honestly? You're including the new products (cloudberries, gooseberries) in the ship's requests even before we've had a chance to earn funds let alone buy seeds and grow the products?

So, the ship will sit idle for six hours because you've designed a request which I have no possibility of fulfilling. Seems unfair to me.

This seems to be a way for all players to lose interest within this game. I had enough Island seeds to proceed forward with this ranch...Now, The ship is asking for the Viking products! There is something wrong with this picture!!! With all due respect, GGS has made a huge mistake!
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 19.12.2014
    i think that is why they have done it....people had this time enough fruit for the ship.....last time island finished a lot of people thought they had 3 days to purchase seeds like after 1st time island was around...that didn't happen last time, so we thought we were prepared this time with lots of tropical seeds....so of course they have to change it up and stop us filling boat so we would then buy gold to put into viking to fast forward production to get runestones to get seeds to get new fruits to fill boat to get horseshoes to train horses to lose at competitions
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 19.12.2014
    This is absolutely terrible. I had 2 million seashells worth of seeds, and much ready seashell produce, and now I can't use them to fill up the ship for at least 1 month. GG is depriving my poor horse of a good education/training. How sad.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 19.12.2014
    This seems to be a way for all players to lose interest within this game. I had enough Island seeds to proceed forward with this ranch...Now, The ship is asking for the Viking products! There is something wrong with this picture!!! With all due respect, GGS has made a huge mistake!

Several members in my coop (myself included) have less interest in the game since they did this. I know it is just a game, but we all plan and strategize for next steps, and when the developers pull a prank like this, we feel betrayed. Why bother trying, when they can change the way the game is played just like that. I guess they don't care unless we buy MORE gold.
  • edited 19.12.2014
    Simple Question,
    Whwn the viking island gone, what kind of fruit the ship will ask? Viking's fruit (berries)? Tropical Fruit? Or both of them?

I still have a tons of fruits from the tropical island but now its become useless since i start biking island and the ship stop asking of them, and now im unable to train my horse, because i havent any horseshoes left because the ship will dock in the harbour for 6 hours and wont asking tropical fruit again.X(;(:S:(
  • edited 19.12.2014
    I have a suggestions, add 2 more slot for the fruits to earn horseshoes

4 slots for the produce you earn from your permanent farm ( 100 % )
    2 slots for tropical fruits (50 % )
    and 2 slots for the winter fruits (berries) ( 50 % )

You can send a ship by fill 6 slots ( 150 % ), but if you fill all slots ( 8 slots ) the ship will give more horseshoes than the 150 % filling reward

Right now, we must fill the winter fruits that currently we arent have, it will be very handy if we can choose which fruits we want to fill, tropical fruits or winter fruits.

I still have a tons of fruits from the tropical island but now its become useless since i start viking island and the ship stop asking of them, and now im unable to train my horse, because i havent any horseshoes left because the ship will dock in the harbour for 6 hours and wont asking tropical fruit again.
  • loony_cz (INT1)loony_cz (INT1) Posts: 2,533
    edited 19.12.2014
    It's been said in the official announcement: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?128455-Announcement-The-Viking-Farm!.

Once you start the viking farm, the ship will ask for the new fruit. If you didn't, it would still ask for the tropical fruit... which you will need again for the ship when you unlock the island farm next time.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 19.12.2014
    When the island left, the shi[ still asked for island fruit, i think it will probably ask for both island and viking fruit besides the regular items
  • edited 19.12.2014
    loony_cz wrote: »
    It's been said in the official announcement: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?128455-Announcement-The-Viking-Farm!.

Once you start the viking farm, the ship will ask for the new fruit. If you didn't, it would still ask for the tropical fruit... which you will need again for the ship when you unlock the island farm next time.

I have read it, so the tropical fruits will be useless until the next tropical island come in the next 2 months?? Nice one ggs, next time i wont open the viking again. i spend 20 million shells for an useless tropical fruits? it would be very helpfull or handy if we can sell them
  • loony_cz (INT1)loony_cz (INT1) Posts: 2,533
    edited 19.12.2014
    futrirafi2 wrote: »
    I have read it, so the tropical fruits will be useless until the next tropical island come in the next 2 months?? Nice one ggs, next time i wont open the viking again. i spend 20 million shells for an useless tropical fruits? it would be very helpfull or handy if we can sell them

Exactly ;) But on the other hand when you start the island farm again, you'll have plenty of the tropical fruit and will be able to load the ship immeadiately. At least you won't have to wait like now.
  • Brissydigsu (AU1)Brissydigsu (AU1) Posts: 41
    edited 19.12.2014
    An alternative is instead of having the fruit related to the particular island that is active at the time being asked for why not have it so the winter fruit is asked for when the tropical island is running and vice versa. That gives everyone a chance to collect the needed runes or shells and purchase the seeds that we need to grow to fill the ship.
  • Solmar (US1)Solmar (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 20.12.2014
    Lol no it is not a great suggestion, that would be worse, that would force players to do both events to always be able to fill the ships.

GG, please make it optional which seeds (viking/or island) are required.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 21.12.2014
    An alternative is instead of having the fruit related to the particular island that is active at the time being asked for why not have it so the winter fruit is asked for when the tropical island is running and vice versa. That gives everyone a chance to collect the needed runes or shells and purchase the seeds that we need to grow to fill the ship.

I think this is a very good one!

I was also irritated by not being able to fill the ship anymore, but it's only a few days , because then you get seeds from the tasks and earn enough runestones to get yourself enough seeds. I found it a bit of a challenge to get enough fruits as fast as possible. And at night I just let the ship go without the viking fruits at the moment till I built up a bit of a stock.
    I also make sure I use a bit less horseshoes than I have coming in, so that stock will also build up, for when I get another horse :) I kept track of the horseshoe income for a few days to see how many I should use each time, so the stocks won't go down.
  • Brissydigsu (AU1)Brissydigsu (AU1) Posts: 41
    edited 30.12.2014
    Solmar wrote: »
    Lol no it is not a great suggestion, that would be worse, that would force players to do both events to always be able to fill the ships.

GG, please make it optional which seeds (viking/or island) are required.

Well I don't know how many times you've done the tropical island, but I've done it the 3 times that its run so far and have over 3 million shells now. So I don't need to do it again this time but I will have to at least unlock the airport so I can get the fruits to change from viking to tropical.

So you don't need to do each island every time. It would depend on what you do with your runes and shells once the event is over.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 30.12.2014
    So you don't need to do each island every time. It would depend on what you do with your runes and shells once the event is over.

Exactly. The way the temporary farm works is that you can always join to work on one, but you don't have to. Feel free to completely ignore the next island or viking farm, and prepare for the one after that, and so on.
  • mees (NL1)mees (NL1) NL1 Posts: 5
    edited 30.12.2014
    Als je Het Eiland echt intensief speelt kan dat ook en altijd een minimum aan de boot levert ,ik heb het eiland 2x gespeeld heb van alle vruchten nog 60.000 stuks en nog 35.000.000 schelpen
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 30.12.2014
    mees12 wrote: »
    Als je Het Eiland echt intensief speelt kan dat ook en altijd een minimum aan de boot levert ,ik heb het eiland 2x gespeeld heb van alle vruchten nog 60.000 stuks en nog 35.000.000 schelpen

Hey mees12,

please keep in mind that this is mainly an English forum :) Even a quick Google Translate translation will help lots.

Thanks,
    Timo
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 30.12.2014
    the question of new fruit for the ship is pointless as the object of this so called free browser game is to get idiots to spend real money to advance.i am level 49 and have spent nowt ,but i think the game has run out of ideas and things like the ufo hunt are now coming round more often time to move on.
  • pasohduah (INT1)pasohduah (INT1) Posts: 66
    edited 31.12.2014
    Best solution -- dont ever visit the Island
  • Heidi (INT1)Heidi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 479
    But if you don't visit the next island, why won't the ship go back to asking for only 4 slots of items?  It makes it forever impossible to fill the ship, and I thought the main rule was that the ship will only ask for items that are possible for you to acquire?!?!   I do not have funds for the next island, but am still being asked for Viking items. The truck is no longer there to purchase them anyways, why wouldn't the captain stop asking for them at the same time the truck goes away?
  • @Heidi Norsk (US1)  The ship will continue to ask for the fruits for the last island that you opened, until you open another one, then it will start to ask for the fruits for that island instead.

There is no going back once you have unlocked the last 2 slots on the ship. You can go to the island and just do some farming so that you can buy some seeds, you do not need to complete all the chapters or tasks or even spend much cash. If you do not want to do that, you will have to get used to ships every 12 hours instead of every 6.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file