Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - The Viking Farm! - Discussion

Comments

• Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 17.12.2014
    So far it seems it's a bit too totally the same thing as island, just different graphics. I hope it doesn't continue to have the same tasks even though that would certainly help finishing them. Lovely graphics. Slushy and gray, just what I see looking out the window. ;) No nice faterfalls etc. here though.

E: water sounds are nice, but they make me feel I need to visit a toilet.
  • Mouseslb (US1)Mouseslb (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    edited 17.12.2014
    No Penguins in the North except in Zoos!!!
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 17.12.2014
    Somewhere a chapterguide? SO i can see the missions? PLS let it not be the same as the topical Island...
    But i Think I have to skip as it is to expensive then
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 17.12.2014
    the ship still asked for tropical fruits..
    so i guess it will stop asking for tropical fruits if we open the viking farm..or is it just a bug???
    i thought, i finally got the chance to get rid of the greenhouse fruits(at least for a while)..

p/s:my suggestion is; lock the 5th & 6th slots of the ship every time the tempory farm started..and who would like to send the greenhouse fruits can unlock it again..
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 17.12.2014
    You have to start the Viking farm first to get the Viking berries on the ship.

From announcement:

"All Viking themed greenhouse goods (berries and rose hips) will be required to fill ship slots 5 and 6 once you unlock the Viking farm. Tropical Fruit will no longer be needed until you unlock the Island farm again. "
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 17.12.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Ha! One more!

Nah, just kidding :) We really hope you like the new farm and enjoy our little surprise, but we don't want to "trap" you with it :P Play at your own leisure, no worries ^^

I wrote it in a humoristic way. Ofc it's not a literal trap. Perhaps, i should have added a 'lol' or something. It was more of a comment about my incapacity to resist temptation LOL ...i know, i know , texts can be tricky at times, but i was certainly smiling while writing it (as i'm now) . ;)
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 17.12.2014
    One bug I'm glad about is that the girl talks of a bloody BEACH BAR which luckily doesn't exist on this snowy version of the island farm.

Otherwise the graphics are cheaper looking than usual and the CLUCK sound is also the same as the tropical one - really odd nobody noticed on run through. The only thing I like about this loveless clunky clone is the crashing of the waves, could also go through as a wind sound, even better than the tropical one.

What ARE those animal sounds supposed to be? I see no penguins. The two little owls?

Finally, we learned that penguins were indeed transported to the other pole by various people and now do actually live on the same pole as ice bears, not just in zoos, so what used to be smart people knowledge vs. stupidity may no longer be true. Qi.
  • AedmanAedman Posts: 20
    edited 17.12.2014
    Geography and Biology are certainly not GGS's strong suit. Rose Hips grow on Roses. We already have "Rose Seeds." Penguins went South for the summer. But I digress.

I, like most, play Big Farm for fun. This time of year, many of us do not the steady time to dedicate to the game; just occasional pop-ins for harvests, et al. I will be 100% sitting out this Event, simply because I will not have the necessary time to dedicate for such an event: as enticing as Decos, et al, may be.

Hello GGS, there is such a thing as BURN OUT. :(:(:(
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 17.12.2014
    I am just wondering when they will make the temporary farms possible for the lower level farms to play with out dumping a ton of gold into them??? I like the farms and can see doing them more when I have more money in my bank account (farm) but in order to do that I need to be able to build that bank account and also get a chance to upgrade my main farms so I am begging you GGS PLEASE WAIT A FEW MONTHS BETWEEN THE TEMPORARY FARMS WE NEED i repeat NEED that time to restore our coffers and build our main farms so that we can actually enjoy these temporary farms
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 17.12.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    \Finally, we learned that penguins were indeed transported to the other pole by various people and now do actually live on the same pole as ice bears, not just in zoos, so what used to be smart people knowledge vs. stupidity may no longer be true. Qi.

Where did we learn this? Did I miss it?

-Y
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 17.12.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    One bug I'm glad about is that the girl talks of a bloody BEACH BAR which luckily doesn't exist on this snowy version of the island farm.

Otherwise the graphics are cheaper looking than usual and the CLUCK sound is also the same as the tropical one - really odd nobody noticed on run through. The only thing I like about this loveless clunky clone is the crashing of the waves, could also go through as a wind sound, even better than the tropical one.

What ARE those animal sounds supposed to be? I see no penguins. The two little owls?

Finally, we learned that penguins were indeed transported to the other pole by various people and now do actually live on the same pole as ice bears, not just in zoos, so what used to be smart people knowledge vs. stupidity may no longer be true. Qi.

Yes, there is one pinguin, on one of the floes in the South! There are many hidden animals to be found in this Viking land! Wale, pinguin, snowshoe hares, snow goat, sea-horse, etc. .... and I simply love the hidden small Norwegian trolls!
    edited 17.12.2014
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Where did we learn this? Did I miss it?

-Y

On "Qi", the information-you-thought-that-was-true-but-isnt show. Where all the learned intelligent answers are wrong and the most complicated answers behind that are revealed, often proving that the seemingly inane dumb belief is true IF for another reason - at least for a while, until new knowledge emerges.

Apart from humans transporting penguins by ships to the north, there are countless flightless b/w pengwin birds in the Arctic that probably gave the Antarctic penguins their name, later on, even though they're biologically not penguins.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 17.12.2014
    I am just wondering when they will make the temporary farms possible for the lower level farms to play with out dumping a ton of gold into them,....
    i just do chapter1:huh: unless i am stable..
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 17.12.2014
    GGS says the farm is just for the farmewrs with money to spare? Guess what I wil not waste my my money on another extra farm only to have it disappear, next time it will be circus island, then undersea island only to have it disappear. Why not have a extra farm that does not disappear
    edited 17.12.2014
    By extension, the horse farm is also only for farmers with money to spare.

:(

(No shells, no shoes).
  • tscharf (INT1)tscharf (INT1) Posts: 17
    edited 17.12.2014
    Nafaru wrote: "Naturally there is a lot of literature on traditional Viking life. We spared neither trouble nor expense to make some select classics available in a new wing of your library."

Where are the viking library books? I don't see them!!!?(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 17.12.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    GGS says the farm is just for the farmewrs with money to spare? Guess what I wil not waste my my money on another extra farm only to have it disappear, next time it will be circus island, then undersea island only to have it disappear.
    ]
    haha ..that's what the Droopy would think in cartoon network.

:huh:I hope ggs dont read all posts or else their head will spin and would stop thinking about making games for years
  • dsx2dsx2 Posts: 2
    edited 17.12.2014
    i agree with u
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 17.12.2014
    For me the only real issue with these temporary farms is an irreversible effect of unlocking the boat slots, which block the boat, and seemingly lack of direct information from game maker that these temporary farms are just a money sucker, completely dependent on the income from permanent farms. Other than that, I like it and I like the concept. Nevertheless, without the option to lock the 5th and 6th slot and with lack of info about consequences it IS a trap, as somebody jokingly mentioned already. If we were given the option to make a choice to "manualy" lock/unlock boat compartments, then everything else is also in the power of my choice. Can start the event if I feel like it, or skip it, or go as far as I want to. All these extentions give more options about how to play, which I really like, it's just this irreversible effect on boat that irritated me a lot.
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 17.12.2014
    I am just wondering when they will make the temporary farms possible for the lower level farms to play with out dumping a ton of gold into them??? I like the farms and can see doing them more when I have more money in my bank account (farm) but in order to do that I need to be able to build that bank account and also get a chance to upgrade my main farms so I am begging you GGS PLEASE WAIT A FEW MONTHS BETWEEN THE TEMPORARY FARMS WE NEED i repeat NEED that time to restore our coffers and build our main farms so that we can actually enjoy these temporary farms

I would have to disagree. There are alot of high level players who have had their main farms done for some time and sitting on lots of money...but nothing to do with it. This is really intended for them, not lower levels who are not well established just yet. This should be seen as a goal for lower levels, not a requirement. To have these events go months at a time without appearing for the reasons you have stated really does not match up with the whole intent and purpose of these events to begin with...which was to give the higher level farmers who are well established something to do. I am not a high level..i am level 71, but i have been able to complete some of the island events to obtain some rewards and seeds...however i don't expect to be able to finish them just yet. I do what i can and enjoy the challenge along the way. When i earn the proper level status and finish all of my farms, i know i will appreciate these temp farms even more to keep me entertained and busy ^^
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 17.12.2014
    DeAnna777 wrote: »
    I would have to disagree. There are alot of high level players who have had their main farms done for some time and sitting on lots of money...but nothing to do with it. This is really intended for them, not lower levels who are not well established just yet. This should be seen as a goal for lower levels, not a requirement. To have these events go months at a time without appearing for the reasons you have stated really does not match up with the whole intent and purpose of these events to begin with...which was to give the higher level farmers who are well established something to do. I am not a high level..i am level 71, but i have been able to complete some of the island events to obtain some rewards and seeds...however i don't expect to be able to finish them just yet. I do what i can and enjoy the challenge along the way. When i earn the proper level status and finish all of my farms, i know i will appreciate these temp farms even more to keep me entertained and busy ^^

I second that.

Only let the game makers include some warning at the start of these events for lover levels with explanations. And maybe think about giving gamers power to lock the extra boat compartments if they chose not to play the event after starting it. Other than that, that's exactly as DeAnna says. Great extentions for high level players. Thumbs up for that.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 17.12.2014
    Even though the idea of a new Viking farm is neat, the novelty is cool and all, and that it looks nice, we really have NO time to earn money to fund it.

The island farm ended just days ago. Maybe space each temporary farm appearance by 15 days to give us time to make money.

Thanks for the advent surprise but this could've waited until the New Year as a gift then, and it still would've been cool.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 17.12.2014
    I completely agree with DeAnna!!

The lower levels should concentrate on their 3 main farms and try to make a lot of money. Then - one day - you will be able to play/finish these 30-days events, too! My advise to my coop players was and always will be: never to jeopardize your 3 main farms, as they are the backbones of the entire game! Better safe you farm dollars up for later! ;)
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 17.12.2014
    Bank now needs to be clicked to find out how much time before it's free again. Why? And as someone already said there is no librarybooks for Vikings.
  • AngieGamer71 (US1)AngieGamer71 (US1) Posts: 117
    edited 17.12.2014
    They should have waited to start the Viking Farm.. seriously 2 days after Island Farm ends they start a new one that plays out (and probably cost just as much) as the island farm? My bank cannot sustain another 30 day heist. Thank goodness it looks like the ship will not ask for the viking seeds if I do not unlock the farm. Maybe if they waited even a week for people to gather more money and get over the last disappearing island, I think more people would participate.

Considering I have plenty of island fruit and horsehoes I will definitely skip the Viking Farm.
  • marie19952marie19952 Posts: 2
    edited 17.12.2014
    oh how I agree and if I knew that if I opened this new farm I would need the new seeds for the ship I would not have done it. In the least I can say I am not happy about 16hrs between special farms and no time to save for it!!!
  • Yon Beast (US1)Yon Beast (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 17.12.2014
    it almost look like things are a bit backwards when it comes to grow food for penguins....is 5 and a half hours. but penguins cycle is half of that.
  • PeggyAnn2PeggyAnn2 Posts: 36
    edited 17.12.2014
    Okay so you got me interested!! Here is what I found.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_auk
    And another: Perhaps this location?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baffin_Island

Yakoska wrote: »
    Okay... I love vikings. I love penguins. But to claim that he is following in his ancestors path, when vikings are Northern Hemispheric and penguins are purely Southern Hemispheric, is a kind of laziness on the part of the programers that makes me ill.

-Y
  • edited 17.12.2014
    Why? Why? Why?

Why re-brand the Island Farm as the Viking Farm? Does no one here listen to the players? I'm sure that there are a few players who may like these temporary farms, but from what I've seen in the forum, they are wildly unpopular. The consensus in my cooperative is 100% thumbs down. If you don't listen to your customers, they will not play and buy gold. These temporary farms are much too confusing to new players as well.

I honestly have enough to do with my cooperative and really don't need these money pits.

I've said my peace, now back to milking the cows.

Festus
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 17.12.2014
    Yes, the temp farms are expensive but they are designed that way because if they were not, they would not be much of a challenge for farmers who have fully completed and upgraded their farms. These farmers have no more land to buy or expensive lengthy upgrades to carry out and fund. All of their income that is rolling in hour after hour day to day is pure surplus to play these temp farms with.
    Again, we have to keep in mind these temp farms are really intended for higher levels...and a goal for the lower levels to work towards and look forward to^^

Sign In to comment.