Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - The Viking Farm! - Discussion

Did you already see our announcement that solves the mystery around all new items that suddenly showed up in your inventories and game menus?

Have fun discussing it here! :love:
Post edited by CM Nafaru on

Comments

• anvesh.pathakanvesh.pathak Posts: 48
    edited 17.12.2014
    Is this the same money sucker like island farm?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 17.12.2014
    Woohoo Pingus!!!! 20.gif
  • camel (IN1)camel (IN1) Posts: 6
    edited 17.12.2014
    Wow, Wonderful news... We needed the variety. :-)
    Sounds like good fun.. but just hoping on one thing... Give us time to earn some dollars. Finished them in the Island Farm. Looks like here too lots of Dollars needed.

I wish, GGS to give us a themed stable as reward for a realistic collection of rueforms (not like 9crores seashells in Island Farm) And only top 5 players getting the donkey stable... needs to be changed to top 10. Feels very depressing to work that hard to complete all chapters and getting nothing to show for it... Rest of the deco rewards are not at all enticing enough for high level players.

Request NAFARU... Please look into this..
  • edited 17.12.2014
    When will the event start?
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 17.12.2014
    please let this farm generate its own money... as the island just ended and players will not have so much money to enjoy this one
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 17.12.2014
    Hmmm, to be or not to be:

CONST:
    - The island farm just ended leaving us with an empty accout with no time to fill it and no money for viking (no doubt it will be as least as expensive as tropical farm.)
    - We are full of seeds and fruits, but we will not be able to trade them for at least a month, as they will be swaped for another kind of fruit we do not have.
    - The new horsefarm demands more and more horseshoes (now we are able to train more horses at once) and we burned them
    by stupid decision to train our horse before the full update. So two drawbacks: first is a leson to be more carefull with the new updates and not rush in and second is: we need horseshoes and a way to get them is with TROPICAL fruits (we have plenty now).
    - Holliday time means less time for computer and more time with familly (at least I hope so), so less timeto play a time limited event.
    - GGS is on hollidays, so no fixing of severe bugs if they apear. (one post is stating (vicking farm in questions about the game) that they are STILL working on economics.)

PRO:
    - pengins, seals, nice pictures with winter scenario
    - curiosity

Oh why, oh why do I have to be a woman with Pandora's curse. This Vicking farm is so similar to her box.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 17.12.2014
    I know it's already been asked/answered tons on times. What level does the airport/temporary farms become available at?
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 17.12.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    I know it's already been asked/answered tons on times. What level does the airport/temporary farms become available at?

the island farm was available at level 30, i don't know about the new one
    edited 17.12.2014
    luna839 wrote: »
    the island farm was available at level 30, i don't know about the new one

Thank you. I assume it will be the same, I wanted to give my co-op a heads up about this announcement since I know most don't make it over here.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 17.12.2014
    Okay... I love vikings. I love penguins. But to claim that he is following in his ancestors path, when vikings are Northern Hemispheric and penguins are purely Southern Hemispheric, is a kind of laziness on the part of the programers that makes me ill.

-Y
  • Brissydigsu (AU1)Brissydigsu (AU1) Posts: 41
    edited 17.12.2014
    luna839 wrote: »
    please let this farm generate its own money... as the island just ended and players will not have so much money to enjoy this one

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

My regular farms are suffering big time because I don't have the time or money to be able to do vital upgrades and land expansions. Every time I get close to having the 16million that I need to expand my flower farm the island comes back and sucks me dry again!
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 17.12.2014
    Thanks for the announcement (finally!!!), GGS, but...
    WHEN, OH, WHEN DOES IT START, PLEASE? :)
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    edited 17.12.2014
    lol viking farm ? cmon shouldnt it be called xmas farm ;)
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 17.12.2014
    The answer to when? is in the advent calendar !!!
  • garden5garden5 Posts: 11
    edited 17.12.2014
    wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Big Farm Team santa for us this year yipeeeee:love:

viking or coming for winking:p for 30 days viking farm wink us ;)

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    edited 17.12.2014
    Collecting runestones, is it to start a circus seal farm? I see training seals coming up!!
    edited 17.12.2014
    elunia13 wrote: »
    Thanks for the announcement (finally!!!), GGS, but...
    WHEN, OH, WHEN DOES IT START, PLEASE? :)

From the Advent Calendar thread:

"Have fun farming in the snow starting today at approximately 11:00am CET"
    edited 17.12.2014
    The Viking Farm is here... sort of.... Eva is still telling us to help her brother Johnny set up his beach bar though... kinda funny...

-Y

PS> Vikings and Penguins never met
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 17.12.2014
    The vikings are here now ;DDDD
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 17.12.2014
    Is this the same money sucker like island farm?

Yes. Needs to be longer message so I repeat ...... Yes.
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 17.12.2014
    Are sheep that feed on fertilizer and producing plants debris related to sheep that feed on BS and produce money?
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 17.12.2014
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    ......(one post is stating (vicking farm in questions about the game) that they are STILL working on economics.)

As Latten already said that's an untrue post made by a player, not a mod or CM.

I tottaly agree with all the other cons & pros. I think the biggest problem is the greenhouse seeds, by unlocking the vicking farm, tropical seeds become useless until the next island event.... If my curiosity wins, that essentially will force me to play the vicking farm as much as possible in order to keep up with the shipping schedule. I'm falling in to a trap, i am! ;(
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 17.12.2014
    eagle owl wrote: »
    As Latten already said that's an untrue post made by a player, not a mod or CM.

I tottaly agree with all the other cons & pros. I think the biggest problem is the greenhouse seeds, by unlocking the vicking farm, tropical seeds become useless until the next island event.... If my curiosity wins, that essentially will force me to play the vicking farm as much as possible in order to keep up with the shipping schedule. I'm falling in to a trap, i am! ;(

Ha! One more!

Nah, just kidding :) We really hope you like the new farm and enjoy our little surprise, but we don't want to "trap" you with it :P Play at your own leisure, no worries ^^
  • errykaerryka Posts: 29
    edited 17.12.2014
    Some warning would have been good. Had just started a 16hr upgrade.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    edited 17.12.2014
    how predictably boring ..... nothing is different to the island farm zzzzzzzz
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 17.12.2014
    It's started! Looks awesome!
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 17.12.2014
    I don't know what to say... I do like new things, but vikings takes all my dollars, like the tropical island.
    Why it has to be same kind of money pit?

Like the graphics yes, looks nice and cool ;)
    No, not for me this time, too cold in there, and i don't like fish......;)
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 17.12.2014
    One harmless bug. Eva talks about island and her brother Johnny. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 17.12.2014
    Well at least this will help me to learn to survive in snow..brrrr

edit> Hold on that does not mean i am unlocking it yet :whistling:
    edit> I can see a cute owl:), do owls look more cute and fresh in winters ?
    edit> Speaking of which,i think fish warms up our body, so there should be a fish frying shop or something like that, OKAY NOW U HAVE TO CONSIDER THIS.And yes very good idea ill try some fish recipe at home,would be great!
    edit> and yes the graphics seem good in viking farm.
    edit> hmm- and yes these temporary farms cost a lot of money, hope it won,t end up being a drag this time,bcoz last time i was at final stages for completing my chapter and winning the deco but weekend came and i was off..so all mmoney gone with no earning....
    but if u think only positive so i gained some experience and matured...(wait i am talking about my other farm,i never played island farm on this account bcoz i need money for my other farms)
    edited 17.12.2014
    Agree completely. Good post.

But (and everyone is probably already tired of this, and its only day 1) I'd add Penguins and Vikings don't mix! Fix it! Reindeer? Not cute enough? Arctic Foxes? Need it to be a cute avian? How about the Snow Goose? Snowy Owl?

-Y
Sign In to comment.