Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Breeding - My Horse Is Gone!

My horse that I have had since the stables opened is now gone.

I bred it, and now I have two new "Goldy" horses, but not my original that I have spent tons of time leveling up.

HELP!
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• PootsyPootsy Posts: 24
    edited 12.12.2014
    I've obviously missed something or done something wrong in this complicated breeding of horses because although I've successfully got a new horse both of the horses that I have trained & nurtured have disappeared ;( X( is this the normal thing that's going to happen every time?? If this is the norm WHY wasn't it outlined CLEARLY in the instructions etc???????

Needless to say I'm more than a little ticked off right now.;(:SX(?(8|
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 12.12.2014
    I'm thinking they should have kept the original word "fusing". It would have been less confusing. Yes, "parents" will disappear, that is how it works. Both very long forum announcements explained it.
  • afar (INT1)afar (INT1) Posts: 87
    edited 12.12.2014
    In the official announcement, Pootsy, it is said that
    • You can mate 2 horses in order to get a new foal. The parents will leave after this process, in order to make way for the new generation.
    But, at the very least, a horse that is not bought has better abilities :D and..remember next time: they will leave once they have a kid. They want to go honeymoon to somewhere outside the stables, since stables is not romantic, and never, ever come back.
  • PootsyPootsy Posts: 24
    edited 12.12.2014
    many many thanks to both of you ^^ I'd better go & get my eyes retested lol I read & re-read and still missed it ho-hum lol

Loving your honeymoon theory Rhyme :love:
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 12.12.2014
    Do you mean that all my previous trainings are now GONE?
    What is the purpose of this mating then?
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 12.12.2014
    The new horse has all the training (averaged out) of the two parents, so you are only losing 1 set of trainings. That said, the new horse will train faster then the old ones, and have some or more special abilities. In theory that offsets the loss. Plus of course, the room issue.

-Y
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 12.12.2014
    can anyone tell me how this horse breeding works ??
    I just bred mine. My horses are no longer there...did i do something wrong or is that the way it should be...seems dodgy as to me.
  • Brissydigsu (AU1)Brissydigsu (AU1) Posts: 41
    edited 12.12.2014
    According to the official announcement that Latten made your original horses that you bred with are supposed to be replaced by the new foal. en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?127726-Update-December-11th-Horse-breeding-and-other-surprises
    If all your horses have disappeared then I have no clue
  • mick6 (AU1)mick6 (AU1) Posts: 158
    edited 12.12.2014
    Oh ok...Thanks Brissy... :):):)
    i didnt know that. so dont use gold to rename your horse before breeding..lol
  • TheDestroyer4TheDestroyer4 Posts: 17
    edited 13.12.2014
    When you breed two horse it says in the update that the parents will disappear and the young horse will stay with a mix of the parents abilitys
  • kiki10 (NL1)kiki10 (NL1) Posts: 9
    edited 13.12.2014
    After I bought the second horse I tried the function 'breed'. After that my first horse was GONE!!
    It was level 9 !!
    This is no fun at all!!!!
    I want my horse back!!
    I'm not gonna train 2 horses from scratch again. that will take me months !!!!!!

as it turns out, my current and only horse is the offspring of my two other horses. (named after one of his parents) they are both gone. which is strange since breeding should mean you get more animals and not diminish your livestock

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 13.12.2014
    Try read the manual, you'll find it here

Look at it from the bright side:
    1. The new horse you have get, is better than it's parents. :)
    2. Training now goes much faster than before the update. It's correct, that before the update it took lots of time and cost lots of shells to train a horse to the level 9 your first horse have. But after the update, just one training in full intensive (cost 4000 shells), raise the new horse from level 1 to level 14. :)
  • edited 13.12.2014
    Dont forget, how many training points you get is depend of your arenas levels, the higher the arena, you will get more training points during intensive training (each level upgrade will increase 41 training points)
    edited 13.12.2014
    Also Breeding effects can help to quicker raise the horse level in training.
    - I have not myself have time to doing any experiments with it yet, I only talking from what I have read in the annoncement.
  • cordia (AU1)cordia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    edited 13.12.2014
    I tried the breeding feature.
    BF would not save the name of my new horse. I tried retyping it and saving/closing about three times.
    Then I did something else on the farm, then went back to the horses again.
    The new horse was there without a name.
    The second horse was there - compulsorily called Goldy.
    My original horse 'Beauty' that I have been training non stop for the past month has gone :(
  • cordia (AU1)cordia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    edited 13.12.2014
    ok, i have now read all the information and realise that my original horse Beauty was meant to disappear. Fare thee well Beauty! Hope you are not destined for pet food! And now I can save a name for the new horse so technically no prob now.
  • jean5 (NL1)jean5 (NL1) Posts: 4
    edited 13.12.2014
    Help

I also lost my first horse witch I have had since the stables opened.

I bred it, and now I have two new "Goldy" horses, but not my original that I have spent tons of time leveling up.

Can anybody help me to find it back?
    edited 13.12.2014
    Sorry to say this jean52, since you have used your first horse to breeding, it's gone, and you can never get it back.
    But remember your new horse is a better horse than your first horse.
    edited 14.12.2014
    I still don't understand fully. Why are BOTH parent horses gone, comes a better horse and another new one?
    Why can't I keep one of the parent horses?
  • edited 14.12.2014
    Because if you keep both parents and still get the baby, you wont have enough stalls to keep all the horses
    edited 14.12.2014
    The child of the parents is a little better than the parents.
    Both parents gone because GSS have decided it should be so.
    edited 14.12.2014
    I know there is not enough space, so shouldn't just ONE parent be gone?
    In real-life breeding, we always keep the good lot.
    I just expected that this Stable part could be more logical.
  • edited 14.12.2014
    The logic is, you have a baby (ex:female or whatever) and still have her father, the father cant breed with his baby and so the baby, so it would be simple if both parents are gone when the baby born so you can buy a new one and breed it again
  • Tor95Tor95 Posts: 2
    edited 14.12.2014
    Very logical indeed. Both parents disappear in order to prevent future inbreeding.
  • Peacefulinok (US1)Peacefulinok (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    edited 14.12.2014
    One horse was not over a ten yet, but they let me breed it accidentally anyway. Regardless of averaging, taking less time or whatever, how can it be beneficial to get 6 stalls filled with horses if they can be lost with a click? This pony may grow old and be untrained!
  • edited 14.12.2014
    Ok, I had a single horse and then I was able to update the horse stable and I got a second horse. I then bred the two horses and I got a third.

But, I lost the first horse.

So what's up with that?

How do I get my first horse back?
  • edited 14.12.2014
    I havent breed my horse anyway, ggs didnt force us to breed our horses, but if you want a new horse that better from your current horse, you can breed them, just play with your horses all the way you like ut.
    edited 14.12.2014
    tampoon2 wrote: »
    In real-life breeding, we always keep the good lot..

Bigfarm is not real life :)
    In Bigfarm you can find lot's of things which have nothing to do with real life, as example just check the prices for e.g. eggs, apples and many other things, or building times.
  • edited 14.12.2014
    Perhaps the better question to all of this confusion is "What is the purpose of the horse stables in the first place?" I suppose it is a way for us to "Compete" with other players. To what end? I personally would prefer a clearly defined end goal for all this time and effort. It would also be nice if that end goal was better than some egotistical "bragging rights" or chicken feed.

Moonshine1962
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 14.12.2014
    Eventually, I am sure there will be 'Mission' for racing/jumping/dressage. And then there will be a Co-op Horse Challenge event.

Whether or not that is the end result, I don't know. I like the horse training and breeding so far, despite being the type to want to get attached (and thus hate losing) animals.

-Y
Sign In to comment.