Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - December 11th - Horse breeding and other surprises - Discussion thread

Comments

• Margit kattMargit katt Posts: 153
    edited 11.12.2014
    Max9993 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the addition of berries to be planted in the greenhouse and Runestnes to be collected in a Viking Farm??????? What is that all about?

I just saw that. And. What are Goose berries and cloud berries doing in a green house???? Cloud berries are growing in the wild and very harsh landscape in NORTHERN Scandinavia with real serious winters. Goose berries I've had myself - they're also fully winter resistent and NEED the winters in order to thrive as they rest then... And it's ALMOST the same with Black berries.
    Pine apples etc are fine in a green house as they wouldn't survive the Northern winters. At least not here around Stockholm in Sweden.
    But Goose berries and especially Cloud berries??? In real life they would DIE in a green house. Viking Farm???? The Vikings picked the berries in the forrests. LOL

Also. I'm going to WAIT to do anything with the horse until I know that we have a CHOICE to keep the horses already fully trained and that the competitions becomes more reality based.

One GOOD point though: I don't need as many horse shoes to train my horse anymore - and that's very good.

@ Briannospam:

I completely agree with you. That's not rewards for higher levels - not even to me on level 44. It's good for those that just have begun with the main farm. On those levels it's a real reward and helpful, meaning below level 30-35.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 11.12.2014
    I was wondering about the horses' GENDER too.:huh:

is it a boy? is it a girl? is it both? is it neither? hehehhee
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 11.12.2014
    What, no geldings? LOL
  • edited 11.12.2014
    Seeker1 wrote: »
    I hope "SET FREE" has a confirm screen.. I would hate to accidently press it and have one of my horses run off into the sunset.

That button scares me.:pinch:

Yes, that button looks a little dangerous to me too... Would like someone to confirm what happens when that button is pushed please! I've been very cautious around that button, making sure I don't click anything near there.

I do have my second horse "Maple Sugar" in training now. So far this seems a lot easier than the whole slew of words in the update.

For those who haven't found it yet, there is another tab at the top of the horse area with hearts, that is where you go for the breeding. Family tree thing is interesting too. Maple Sugar's parents look like twins though... ?(

Looking forward to the horse quest, island type thing that was mentioned in the update too... Curious as to what that is...
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 11.12.2014
    There's someone already in the nordic player's helpthread saying she seems to have lost her original horse. She wants to know if it's possible to get it back?
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?125668-Game-help-for-Nordic-players-%28Hj%C3%A6lp-til-nordic-spillere-Apuja-pohjoismaisille-pelaajille%29&p=1510893&viewfull=1#post1510893
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 11.12.2014
    Seeker1 wrote: »
    I hope "SET FREE" has a confirm screen.. I would hate to accidently press it and have one of my horses run off into the sunset.

That button scares me.:pinch:
    Yes, that button looks a little dangerous to me too... Would like someone to confirm what happens when that button is pushed please! I've been very cautious around that button, making sure I don't click anything near there.

From the annoncement:
    To free stalls, you may always decide to select one of your horses and set it free. This process has to be confirmed.

Facts from the game:
    Attachment not found.
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 11.12.2014
    My pictures shows fawn and brown horses but I have now got 2 fawn ones in the fields, are we getting a choice of colours please
    ^^^^^^^^
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 11.12.2014
    HELP
    On the seashell trader I can only buy special Pinapple and Melons where have the lime and gratefruit gone
    X(X(X(

Why are you trying to confuse us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked it when the SP seeds were on the same page so I can work out easyer how much money to spend on each item
    edited 11.12.2014
    HELP
    On the seashell trader I can only buy special Pinapple and Melons where have the lime and gratefruit gone
    X(X(X(

First page with normal lime and grapefruit.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 11.12.2014
    dollar -> island dollar -> shells -> tropical seeds -> horseshoes -> competition horseshoes

to be continued ...
    (from this point forward is just a guess )

competition horseshoes/horses -> viking dollar -> viking shell -> viking seeds -> rune-stone -> competition rune-stone

to be continued...

ok not sure if anyone understood my message ^ but is it just me feeling they are just stalling us cause they have absolutely no plan whatsoever to ever make horseshoes useful at all?
    been like 4 months since horseshoes came and still the end of this chain is just unclear and they remain still absolutely useless! :S

p.s. i know you may think i am being delusional a bit... but truth is... the same horse you spent like 70000+ horseshoes to make level 10, can now after this update be trained to same level with like 5000 horseshoes only... so this stalling thing that i am talking about has eaten lots of our horseshoes for absolutely nothing! that is same as if they simply deleted 65000 of our horseshoes for nothing and no one has even noticed it...
  • sharonuksharonuk Posts: 1
    edited 11.12.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    dollar -> island dollar -> shells -> tropical seeds -> horseshoes -> competition horseshoes

to be continued ...
    (from this point forward is just a guess )

competition horseshoes/horses -> viking dollar -> viking shell -> viking seeds -> rune-stone -> competition rune-stone

to be continued...

ok not sure if anyone understood my message ^ but is it just me feeling they are just stalling us cause they have absolutely no plan whatsoever to ever make horseshoes useful at all?
    been like 4 months since horseshoes came and still the end of this chain is just unclear and they remain still absolutely useless! :S

p.s. i know you may think i am being delusional a bit... but truth is... the same horse you spent like 70000+ horseshoes to make level 10, can now after this update be trained to same level with like 5000 horseshoes only... so this stalling thing that i am talking about has eaten lots of our horseshoes for absolutely nothing! that is same as if they simply deleted 65000 of our horseshoes for nothing and no one has even noticed it...

I don't think they know what they are doing with the game this used to be a great farm game and now they are just adding more and more boring nothing to do with farming stuff a game is supposed to be fun, relaxing to play at the end of a hard day at work but this as ended up stressful, frustrating and baffling to many god knows where they are going to go with this because to me its going down the pan.
    edited 11.12.2014
    Rune-stone is clearly Viking version of shells. But yes, I too am starting to think they come up things as they go and wonder if they have any idea what the mystery thing is going to be that ties it all back to farms. And I still can't understand why the Viking thing has to start so soon that Island had to be cut short. Or why it (island) even started if it can't run full time.
  • edited 11.12.2014
    From the annoncement:

Facts from the game:
    Attachment not found.

Thanks!! I obviously missed that during the first reading when the words started blurring together! lol
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 11.12.2014
    sharonuk wrote: »
    I don't think they know what they are doing with the game this used to be a great farm game and now they are just adding more and more boring nothing to do with farming stuff a game is supposed to be fun, relaxing to play at the end of a hard day at work but this as ended up stressful, frustrating and baffling to many god knows where they are going to go with this because to me its going down the pan.

lol exactly, and you know what worries me now? what if now again go use 100000 horseshoes to make our horse lvl 100 now, and then 1 month from now they raise max level of horse to 1000?!! so i'm kinda worried to even train any horse anymore until ggs gives a reasonable response to this matter about our lost horseshoes at least.(even though i highly doubt they will though, no matter how i look at it, this just seems they did it on purpose to waste our horseshoes to force us to do island farm again)

p.s. i have a feeling that real winners in all this, was players who didnt even train their first horse at all. and even from now on maybe not touching horses be the best options too... till they at least make it clear what is the last prize for this chain anyway.
    rs.jpg 77.5K
    edited 11.12.2014
    I'm actually thinking this fast training might be a bug (the kind that gets fixed fast as soon as they notice) it would make no sence to have things happen this fast if we are supposed to spend months training and breeding our horses.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 11.12.2014
    The training has changed significantly for me. I needed anywhere from 1000 to 2000 points for the next level, now I need 11 for all three of them ... except when I click on them, each "only" demands 5 more ... now this might seem a huge bonus, except I think I wasted all my shells since 1000 of them equalized overnight. If I had saved them, I'd be level 100 instead of 9 now.

And I'm losing the event now because the game was inaccessible for me all day, not just a few hours. Please extend the event?!
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 11.12.2014
    LOL, I thought the same today. Specially with breeding it would be really helpful to know, right? :p

I got a nice dark brown horse today and decided it was a boy.
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 11.12.2014
    yelp i was wondering the same thing ^^
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 12.12.2014
    I think the training-point structure has been retooled since we can now train upto level 100.
    perhaps to help lower level players.

I max-out the horse shoes for one training session on my new horse it goes to level 14 already.

Im guessing.. upgrading the STABLE gives availible slots for new horse.. so if you are at level 2 STABLE,
    and decide to breed 2 horse, you'll need to SET FREE one horse afterward, since you'll have 3 horses and just 2 slot availible.
    I dont know IM just guessing..

I havent been upgrading my training facilites for a while now, just saving the gold shoes... so now im already at level 3 stable... and WOW.. level 4 STABLE needs 2400 gold shoes.;(
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 12.12.2014
    I just can't gather the benefit of breeding my horses. Fame?
    That update took over 5 hours. I had given up waiting and wasted precious hours while trying to work on the Asian Event.
    edited 12.12.2014
    Faster training. What benefits may come from having a good horse, no-one knows. :huh: And it wasn't really the update, their Datacenter had problems that started right after the update (according to this game's facebookpage).
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 12.12.2014
    yorkydevil wrote: »
    Its the usual way for GGS to try and confuse us, they dont do simple things, because with some logic we could work it out. Like the missions, why so many variations to the requirements- why not just do players of near level ranking in a proper random order for the mission. So much rubbish like what level you are and how good or bad you did previous missions and did you use gold and if you have short or long hair or depending on what you had for dinner. Random ! GGS's first line of defence, is 13 missions before i got a wild flower mission, to harvest my specials, random ? Clear your cache ! The horse ranch will be the same, we'll choose to breed the most talented horses in the world, being bought using gold of course, and we will end up with a donkey because of GGS's stupid idea's. meaning we have to buy even more horses using gold, complain ! and the they'll blame it on the cup of coffee you had, or tell you to clear the cache. Doing the update on a Friday is so that all the complaints can be dealt with after a good 2 days rest.
    I did like this game, and still like the game really, but not all the pathetic things and excuses that GGS come out with, Yes they need gold sales but ask us to buy, oooopps they do every 5 minutes, and not try to make out that the players are all too thick and stupid that they will not notice GGS trying to trick us into buying gold.
    I bet you can guess where i would like to stick that pitch fork.. answers to my in box

You know where yorkydevil, it remains for us to guess.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 12.12.2014
    In this update, does anyone know why the seeds are in different orders? Such as the greenhouse seeds. The order was rearranged and the special seeds for regular fields.......why?
  • MKlineMKline Posts: 2
    edited 12.12.2014
    I have a mission to upgrade the stable and also the other three "arena" areas. I have plenty of horseshoes, but when I go to click the upgrade button, it says "Not possible." I have clicked on the blue "i" and I am past the required level for the upgrades. Can anyone help me? I'd like to get rid of these tasks as they've been just sitting there for weeks now!
  • edited 12.12.2014
    MKline wrote: »
    I have a mission to upgrade the stable and also the other three "arena" areas. I have plenty of horseshoes, but when I go to click the upgrade button, it says "Not possible." I have clicked on the blue "i" and I am past the required level for the upgrades. Can anyone help me? I'd like to get rid of these tasks as they've been just sitting there for weeks now!

Are you using the correct horseshoes? You have to use the Gold horseshoes from winning competitions to upgrade the arenas/stables. Regular horseshoes won't work for that.
    edited 12.12.2014
    Also, on the horses, I pressed the breeding button, and it just erased my first horse. I lost two before I even knew what happened. I fully trained one 4 times and the other 3. That is 28,000 horseshoes lost...caput...goodbye. And they are not easy to come by. Can GS replace those? I realize they can't replace my time, but maybe the horseshoes?
  • FarmerJojoBell3FarmerJojoBell3 Posts: 48
    edited 12.12.2014
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    Also, on the horses, I pressed the breeding button, and it just erased my first horse. I lost two before I even knew what happened. I fully trained one 4 times and the other 3. That is 28,000 horseshoes lost...caput...goodbye. And they are not easy to come by. Can GS replace those? I realize they can't replace my time, but maybe the horseshoes?

That is what happens when you breed horses on the game, the parents disappear and you get the new horse, which I don't think is really worth it yet... But that is normal. So no, they won't replace the horseshoes. It is designed to be that way.
    edited 12.12.2014
    Then what is the possible benefit of the using the breeding program?
  • Changnian (US1)Changnian (US1) Posts: 18
    edited 12.12.2014
    X(
    This stable and horse is about as interesting as watching paint dry....
    Please, please, please....get rid of this. It was a mistake from the start and rather than trying to salvage something so dull and boring, just admit the mistake, get rid of it, and move on to something new.

X(

Whack it with an axe! Somewhere between (terrible idea) and (massive insult to all involved). Island farm, greenhouse, angry Captain Barnacle, horse ranch, grossly unfair horse races...

Now we have... what? Intersex horses!?

I am just as embracing of diversity as the next guy; and quite a bit more than the fellow a few seats down, throwing rocks at the next guy wearing pink tights. But a stable containing only intersex or hermaphrodite horses is... just not family-friendly.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 12.12.2014
    Changnian wrote: »
    X(

X(

Whack it with an axe! Somewhere between (terrible idea) and (massive insult to all involved). Island farm, greenhouse, angry Captain Barnacle, horse ranch, grossly unfair horse races...

Now we have... what? Intersex horses!?

I am just as embracing of diversity as the next guy; and quite a bit more than the fellow a few seats down, throwing rocks at the next guy wearing pink tights. But a stable containing only intersex or hermaphrodite horses is... just not family-friendly.

Not family friendly....You have got to be kidding...
Sign In to comment.