Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Paddock (Ranch) Do's & Don'ts

2»

Comments

• kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 16.11.2014
    As far as i can tell, over 2 weeks and it is not worth it, only good thing is that it dooes not use farm cash directly
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 16.11.2014
    I have been going slowly with my horse Using 1000 shells each training section I have won 3 races over 5 days where I have trained 4 times a day Level 7 2 of training sections Level 6 the other Cannot upgrade level 3 on the grounds Not winning enough gold horse shoes to do that Named my horse Champion Should have named it Whiskers after the cat food All its good for
  • lucy822lucy822 Posts: 89
    edited 17.11.2014
    I don't get the horse ranch if i am honest. I am training and training but my horse hardly ever wins a race.... especially dressage. Been stuck at lv 13 for a week.... It will take me months at this rate to upgrade the training areas!
    Has anyone actually sussed out its use/purpose?
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 17.11.2014
    lucy822 wrote: »
    I don't get the horse ranch if i am honest. I am training and training but my horse hardly ever wins a race.... especially dressage. Been stuck at lv 13 for a week.... It will take me months at this rate to upgrade the training areas!
    Has anyone actually sussed out its use/purpose?

Ranking, great prizes and a gold option to climb it.
  • usedoldboat (US1)usedoldboat (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 19.11.2014
    I have now completed ALL available training for my horse. I am a level 10 across all disciplines. Yet, I still continue to lose challenge after challenge. I lost all 3 multiple times today. Each time the red head suggests that I go back and train some more....

I truly thought it would get better with more training. But my Sasafraz is at the top of her game and still can not win a challenge.

I have no idea what my ranking is, I have not received any "Great Prizes" and I did not use gold to climb this ladder.

So, for me, the horse farm has no use at all. I wish I had not even started it. Poor Sasafraz!
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 19.11.2014
    As far as I understand, this is just the first version of the farm, so we get used to it a bit. The updates will follow.

As I understood right the whole conept, our horse is ment to compete with horses of other players (not implementet yet). The competitions with bigfarm caracters is just implementet to get a quick starting boost. So system is made so that you are able to win first couple of games against character and then their horses become so good, that you can not win against them any more, but you have to compete against real players. This is at least how I imagine it would work. Its a guess, but a good guess I think.
    Otherwise the whole thing just does not make sense.

So you trained your horse and now you have to wait for update to be able to use it (compete agains real players).

Maybe Nafaru or Latten can confirm if I guessed right.
  • Nipre3Nipre3 Posts: 46
    edited 20.11.2014
    I'm just wondering if we need to uppgrade the stable with golden horse shoes so that we can get more horses. My problem is that my horse is fully trained and it doesn't win competitions. So I don't get golden horse shoes. How can I uppgrade the stable (when ever it's available) to get more (hopefully better) horses if I don't get golden horse shoes?

Do you keep on competiting with your horse after you have trained it to the max (level 10)? Do you win any competitions?
  • edited 20.11.2014
    Nipre3 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if we need to uppgrade the stable with golden horse shoes so that we can get more horses. My problem is that my horse is fully trained and it doesn't win competitions. So I don't get golden horse shoes. How can I uppgrade the stable (when ever it's available) to get more (hopefully better) horses if I don't get golden horse shoes?

Do you keep on competiting with your horse after you have trained it to the max (level 10)? Do you win any competitions?

I have the same problem. Fully trained horse, competing all the time, and I win race here and there. I hope I can get new horse really soon :)
  • squirrelly1 (US1)squirrelly1 (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 20.11.2014
    I was excited to have something new open, but so far have found it disappointing. My practice areas are at level 3 and my horse up to level 5. I have won and lost races, I seem more likely to win if I have used more horseshoes to train my horse. All in all not too exciting.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 20.11.2014
    I sure do agree with that!
  • myhorsesmyhorses Posts: 1
    edited 21.11.2014
    What level do you have to be to get a stable and horses???
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 21.11.2014
    myhorses wrote: »
    What level do you have to be to get a stable and horses???

In order to open the horse ranch, you must be Level 16 and have completed the first ship task that asks you to fill the ship slots with the required goods.
  • MrsSGBrownUserMrsSGBrownUser Posts: 84
    edited 21.11.2014
    I have been doing the horse training but it takes 4 hours for each kind of training which is really boring. There is no animation at all. I am a country girl, grew up on a farm and farm life is boring enough but this is even more boring than waiting for chickens to lay eggs or milking cows by hand. Thankfully there is no scratch and smell yet on these online games or no one would play the farm ones. My vote so far is the horse training is a waste of the horseshoes it took so long to collect from the shells it was so expensive to collect and so far there is no benefits to the player. There's no xp points yet, and so really we are doing all of this for nothing but the sake of competition. ie we do not want to be left behind when it finally does count to have a trained horse that will be valuable ie to be able to breed more horses and fill up our stable. I am assuming and this is just a guess mind you, that only the trained horses will be qualified to breed with other completely trained horses. Otherwise again, if I am wrong, we have been shoveling horse dung for months for nothing. Just a farm girl's opinion.....
  • PootsyPootsy Posts: 24
    edited 23.11.2014
    I seemed to be winning 2 out of 3 challenges up until I got my horse to level 5/6 now I'm halfway through the training to get all 3 disciplines to lvl 7 and haven't won a single challenge for at least 5 days. Once again the amount of 'stuff' needed to upgrade goes up in ridiculous amounts once you get past the first couple of upgrades. If I remember correctly it jumps from 80 golden horseshoes to get from 2 to 3 to 240 to get from 3 to 4 not something that is going to be happening anytime soon because I am unable to win any of the challenges.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 23.11.2014
    If they aren't going to make it so that we can play it, they may as well get rid of it!!!!!
  • zitella (US1)zitella (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 24.11.2014
    My horse has done all it's training up to level 10. But the people I race against, are leveled much higher. It will cost me 600 gold horseshoes each (x3) to get to the higher level. That is 1800 gold horse shoes.
    BUT, I can rarely win a game, which pays between 25 - 30 gold horseshoes each time. I am winning one competition (25 gold horseshoes) about every 3 times. =9 hours. That is one in nine.

At this rate I might be able to upgrade one of my arenas in about a week of 12 hours a day.

To win you need to train, I can't train til I get 600 gold horseshoes. So, it's lose, lose lose, ...

I am miffed!! We should be able to buy gold horseshoes.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 24.11.2014
    zitella wrote: »
    My horse has done all it's training up to level 10. But the people I race against, are leveled much higher. t will cost me 600 gold horseshoes each (x3) to get to the higher level. That is 1800 gold horse shoes.
    BUT, I can rarely win a game which pays between 25 - 30 gold horseshoes each time. I am winning one competition (25 gold horseshoes) about every 3 times. =9 hours. At this rate I might be able to upgrade one of my arenas in about a week of 12 hours a day.

I am miffed!!

Hang in there, I felt the same way, but I finished my last upgrade on saturday & it didn`t take as long as I expected it would. Each time you win your opponent goes up a level & the number of shoes you win also goes up. :thumbsup:
  • suus2005 (NL1)suus2005 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 80
    edited 24.11.2014
    does anybody know the upgrades (for the horse lvl 10) are done. But i don't win any race. I don't have enough to upgrade (240 shoes). how do i get more horseshoes for upgrade's.
  • afar (INT1)afar (INT1) Posts: 87
    edited 24.11.2014
    suus2005 wrote: »
    does anybody know the upgrades (for the horse lvl 10) are done. But i don't win any race. I don't have enough to upgrade (240 shoes). how do i get more horseshoes for upgrade's.

You can still win races even if the probability is very low. You just have to try and try and try. You will win, in the end.
  • zitella (US1)zitella (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 25.11.2014
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am still plugging along, winning here & there. I've set a timer to remind me to play the races every 3 hours ! : )
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 25.11.2014
    I have trained my horse to level 10 in all 3 areas, but it has been losing for a week, without earning a single piece of golder horseshoe. Is there any why it can improve?

Also, when we start a race, some of the 3 areas look greener while some looks white. Does that mean anything?
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 25.11.2014
    On trick, once you are done training, as a reminder, is to sync racing with your apples. If your apples are ready, its time to race!

One good thing about the racing is, losing doesn't matter :) Especially when your win % like mine is down around 11%....

-Y
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 26.11.2014
    tampoon2 wrote: »

Also, when we start a race, some of the 3 areas look greener while some looks white. Does that mean anything?

This green areas mean which horse ability is more important for the race.
    The green one is worth 3x horse points, the slightly greeen one is 2x horse points and white one is 1x horse points.
    To if your horse has agillity 5, strenght 4 and endurance 6 and you are copmeteng in category with endurance in green, strenght in light green and agillity in white, you get:
    3x6+2x4+1x5=18+8+5=31 points. Your chances of winning or loosing then depends on these points (yours and opponents).
    You can see the number of points for each race when you click details after the race.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file