Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Annoying letter combination restrictions

Rogue Moon (US1)Rogue Moon (US1) US1 Posts: 19
Okay, I get it. This is a family game. Kids read posts. We need to be nice and watch our language. Even in your coops. But really?????

In real life, I do not use profanity and I am way too PC to everyone. So imagine my annoyance when ONCE AGAIN I am told that my message will not be sent unless I remove the offending WORD.

Knowing full well I did not type THAT word. I stared at that paragraph for 4 minutes before I saw it. I could not use a word because it has a combination of letters in it that is banned. Haul out the thesaurus, you can not use that word! A word written right on my milk carton that was displayed in a very public grocery store only hours ago! The horror!

This is happening a bit too much. Where do I send these "Offensive" words for approval?

Rogue Moon
Post edited by Rogue Moon (US1) on

Comments

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 16.11.2014
    At the top of the "Technical Problems & Bugs" forum

there's a sticky thread "WORD FILTER LIST"

You can submit your words for approval there.

Hope this helps.
  • Rogue Moon (US1)Rogue Moon (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    edited 16.11.2014
    Thanks for the information. You are a great help. :)
  • edited 18.11.2014
    Yes, I was sending an e-mail to my Co-op today about the Island. It would not let me send the word G_apes, because it had _ape in it! Really GGS G_rapes are a fruit and they are part of this game! Nothing wrong with that word for anyone! I'll check on the Word Filter List.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 18.11.2014
    I find that the easiest way around it is to just manipulate the so-called "offensive" word a bit. Changed it a little so it is accepted. Grapes becomes "Graipes", Peacocks becomes "Peachicks", etc. You can still get your message across this way. Ridiculous, I know, but until they dump the whole filter, we gotta put up with it.
  • PootsyPootsy Posts: 24
    edited 27.11.2014
    I find that the easiest way around it is to just manipulate the so-called "offensive" word a bit. Changed it a little so it is accepted. Grapes becomes "Graipes", Peacocks becomes "Peachicks", etc. You can still get your message across this way. Ridiculous, I know, but until they dump the whole filter, we gotta put up with it.

the most ridiculous one that I've come across is skills because of the obvious in the middle of the word although it has typed here ok so it's maybe been approved now.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 27.11.2014

This is really the best arguement against having the list at all. If someone wanted to cuss or be rude, they too can just change the word a bit to get by the filter, making the filter just something to annoy people that are not being rude & not to stop anyone from cussing.
  • Margit kattMargit katt Posts: 153
    edited 29.11.2014
    I couldn't use a Swedish village name to name my main farm. And no matter how hard I looked and looked and lookd I couldn't find waht was wrong with it. I stated that as well in the mentioned thread even if it didn't had to do with messages.

Many countries have for ex. 3 different letters in the number plates on cars. Some of those combinations are not allowed here as they are not "decent". But when you see a car from aomewhere else having those letters... lol

Also I know that the spanish word for time. The spelling is the swedish word for a "street worker"..... So. How on earth is that thesaurus really made from the beginning???

I also bet that some finnish cursing words will pass as the language are so different.

So this thesaurus is not a good thing other than it sort of it meant to protect within the english language...

Well. Can ANYONE find the wrong with the Swedish Village name "Hemfosa"??? I have absolutely NO clue!

edit: The name went right through here....
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 29.11.2014
    I can not find any "bad" words in "Hemsofa" ?
    But I guess there in that word can be hide a bad word in another language than swedish, english.

I think you know, many words wich contains bad word, not can be used?
    E.g. I can not use words as: ekskludere (danish word for exclude) (luder an ludere is danish words for hooker and hookers), forsvinder (the danish word for disappear) (svin is the dansik word for pig), and a lot of other words which contains "forbidden" words in danish or english.
    - it's sometimes a very hard job to write ingame letters to my coop-friends because of that totaly silly censorship program which must be setup by a person who know many bad words I did not know before Bigfarm's mail-system have blocked them. - Yes, I have learned several bad english words I did'nt know before, since I began to play Bigfarm !!!
    edited 29.11.2014
    I couldn't agree more! I know tnose danish words - and that spanish I refered to were "hora". Hooker in swedish or luder (same here)! So. Will the people from South America, Spain etc be able to aks for what time it is??? SO silly.

I believe it's better to tell when there IS an offensive, "bad" word. Or just be able to explain IF someone gets uppset and report it what it is and what it means.. It's just to ask! I mean. One of the worse swedish swearing has a double meaning The word "fan".It has a double meaning in english too, but I refer to a nickname of the "bad guy with horns"... Just pronounced differently. So. This with different languages is SO difficult. what's good here is bad there...

It's better to have some HUGE information screen when you log in saying:

"IF any word seems offensive to you, realize it might NOT be offensive in another language. Uncertain? Ask about it before you get upset and angry."

I mean. We ALL have a 100% right to our own languages. And none of us should swear or use profanity in any public area in any language.
  • SAJ1 (US1)SAJ1 (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 03.12.2014
    So you need to become someone that cannot spell simple everyday words to pass the 'language police". Seems like they might be concerned about the REAL thing rather than being oh so politically correct .
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 03.12.2014
    Or maybe the company should just have a little more faith in a player's ablity to deal with those who use objectionable language. Then there would be no need for a filter at all.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 04.12.2014
    Even in mails in goodgame Empire you can't say kill and that's a wárgame! I can still say that I will slaughter, pillage and plunder my enemies though ;)
  • LiqrbuttLiqrbutt Posts: 48
    edited 04.12.2014
    Yea, I called a friend of mine "Homeskillet" in Good-game Empire and couldn't send the message because skillet contains "kill". What the _ell?
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 04.12.2014
    Bad, bad Liqr :p Using bad words! Naughty boy! :D

Another game I used to play had it even worse, and in chat too. You couldn't even say that you ate 'crackers' with 'butter' on 'saturday' cause all those had a bad word in them ;)
    edited 06.12.2014
    Gwendolen wrote: »

Another game I used to play had it even worse, and in chat too. You couldn't even say that you ate 'crackers' with 'butter' on 'saturday' cause all those had a bad word in them ;)

THAT was really something ... eh... bad??? *shaking head until headache*

In any case. Noone should judge another language until they KNOW what it means.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file