Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Lonely Solo Missions

Comments

• RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 08.11.2014
    It would be difficult to give the same points on a solo mission, because when you have opponents the points you get (whether you win or lose) are affected by the collective scores of all the players, so it varies from mission to mission.

I do agree with you that solo missions become very tedious though, for me this new event has been great, I am mostly getting 4 or 5 players in missions & haven`t had a single solo one (so far) though I have had a few one-to-one. I hope that things pick up for you, I have noticed a few people on au1 posting that they get a lot of solos, is it that they don`t like doing missions on that server or maybe something to do with timezones?
  • Brissydigsu (AU1)Brissydigsu (AU1) Posts: 41
    edited 08.11.2014
    I actually prefer having fewer opponents on the very rare occasion that I do a mission. Missions in general are extremely boring to me, so I don't do them and I never pay attention to my rep points either. I wouldn't have the faintest idea what a good amounts of certs is or isn't. *shrugs* Each to their own I guess.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 08.11.2014
    i have to agree..but maybe not the same as 1st place rewards..cause players who usually end up 2nd or 3rd etc etc would think that, thats unfair..they would like to do solo missions too..
    the problem is that, the rewards is too small for solo missions..not even half of the 1st rewards..maybe 75% @ 80% would be better..
  • carrianne9 (GB1)carrianne9 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 60
    edited 08.11.2014
    i too am finding that i am alone on a lot of missions it drops the rep points which doesnt seem fair especially with the challenge
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 08.11.2014
    Strange, I haven't had a solo mission in a long time.
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    edited 08.11.2014
    Another 3 missions on my own!! this morning:(
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 20.11.2014
    If the Match engine comes up craps, and you come up with a solo mission, instead of dumping you into whatever it wants, the match engine should give you, your choice of missions. Of course, your choice would still be counted in the formula for the next mission, so if you choose Dung, say, you'd have that much less likely of a chance of getting it against real opponents in the next mission.

-Y
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 01.12.2014
    I get a lot of solo mission races. It's cool you get 1st place, but The reputation points are like half of what you would of got with other people in the race. That is not fair at all. This really hurts my mission ranking. Also when you do have people in the race and there are only 2 people they sit there with a big zero , robs you of reputation points. Not fair at all. makes me want to do bad tricks to them, but their not worthy of get the karma points.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 01.12.2014
    Oh Scissors, if that could be true!! :rolleyes: Wishfull thinking! ;)
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 01.12.2014
    Maryann572 wrote: »
    I get a lot of solo mission races. It's cool you get 1st place, but The reputation points are like half of what you would of got with other people in the race. That is not fair at all. This really hurts my mission ranking. Also when you do have people in the race and there are only 2 people they sit there with a big zero , robs you of reputation points. Not fair at all. makes me want to do bad tricks to them, but their not worthy of get the karma points.

You are talking about other people sitting at zero? Question what is someone supposed to do when they are producing wheat and a wildflower mission comes along? Use gold to finish it quickly?
  • Margit kattMargit katt Posts: 153
    edited 02.12.2014
    This is funny or rather strange really. I'm on a server where we're probably way less players totally as the Northern Countries doesn't have that kind of populations and I've never been alone in a mission. Contrary. Between level 25 and now 38 I've mostly been up against players on levels above 100... I've been in ONE mission where we were 2 players - the other were on level 90 something and me at that point lvl 35. lol Mostly it's between 4-6 players on my server - so far. 8|
  • edited 09.12.2014
    Dear GGS,
    I am taking this issue to you for the second time . I am not getting opponents in mission which makes me exhausted to play this game:(. Please think if you are playing 10 missions in a row with out opponents. I have checked with many players (different levels) regarding this and i learned that they are accompanied with players for most of the missions. Please do the needful. I am losing interest in the game because of this and made me not even to use the gold that i have purchased as i am losing interest in the game. I need your reply. If you hesitate to reply then it is well understood that you are ignoring. Writing this with big disappointment:(.

Regards,
    Prabhu Anand.
  • Grandma Molly (US1)Grandma Molly (US1) US1 Posts: 155
    edited 14.12.2014
    I have had a few lonely missions, but not many. I play in late evening US PST; otherwise I play with much higher levels and the certificate earnings aren't worth the extended evening. I try to play three missions a night.
  • edited 31.12.2014
    It says " looking for suitable mission" only after 4 tries did you find one I could do...and sometimes you would do the same one twice in a row that I couldn't do.

What gives ?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 31.12.2014
    I find the best time to do missions (and I only do them to help the co-op when its the mission event) is first thing in the day, before I have done any harvesting of produce. A lot of the missions I have done I dont have the items needed, but you still get points if you manage to only collect a few items. And yes, it does get VERY BORING when you get a wildflower mission 3 times in a row.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 31.12.2014
    Need more types of missions. We should be able to pick our own mission but at a cost.
    edited 31.12.2014
    Are you getting Solo Mission Races? Tell us what you think of them. I have been having the Solo Blues lately. It's ok to get them once in a while, but to get them back to back , over and over again is not fair at all. It was suggested to try these tactics to lose the Solo Blues. 1. Let them win sometimes. 2. Let the time clock run down to zero before starting another race. 3. Log-out , wait 5 to 10 minutes then log back in. 4. Lose a solo race by not putting anything in. Well I've tried them but why should we have to do all that. Can't GGS get it right. We work hard at make the best farm we can and spend money to buy gold. GGS say it's random that we get solo mission races. We have a member that had 5 days straight of solo mission races. Doesn't sound random to me. "Maryann's got the low down, lonesome, Solo Blues. da da, da da"
  • rob856rob856 Posts: 26
    edited 31.12.2014
    In 3 days i had 1 opponent in missions
    edited 31.12.2014
    I would also like to add. When you get a solo mission race, you get half the reputation points. Not fair at all.
  • rob856rob856 Posts: 26
    edited 31.12.2014
    I'm wondering if no one really is doing the missions because everyone is saving special seeds and humus up and building up their farms for the coopertive challenges, i know i am so i don't do alot of missions anymore .
  • tcape0037 (US1)tcape0037 (US1) Posts: 55
    edited 31.12.2014
    I have had this happen, and see many top players get stuck in this pattern. My advice is to continue losing your solo missions on purpose. The first players I saw when I broke the pattern were top gold players. I purposely lost to them, had about 3 solos, then was seeded with the next tier of players. It took me at least 2 days of losing to get to where I could win an occasional mission and not be thrown into the Solo Blues.

Best advice I can give is to schedule at least one loss to every 2 wins. Top players can't wrap their heads around the concept of losing, but then they are also stuck in the never-ending solo pattern.
    edited 01.01.2015
    Are you getting Solo Mission Races? Tell us what you think of them. I have been having the Solo Blues lately. It's ok to get them once in a while, but to get them back to back , over and over again is not fair at all. It was suggested to try these tactics to lose the Solo Blues. 1. Let them win sometimes. 2. Let the time clock run down to zero before starting another race. 3. Log-out , wait 5 to 10 minutes then log back in. 4. Lose a solo race by not putting anything in. Well I've tried them but why should we have to do all that. Can't GGS get it right. We work hard at make the best farm we can and spend money to buy gold. GGS say it's random that we get solo mission races. We have a member that had 5 days straight of solo mission races. Doesn't sound random to me.

I have never heard GGS say that it is "random". The opponents you get are based on how well you perform in missions, the better you get, the tougher your opps get. If you happen to be better than most people on your server that play missions regulalry, then there is going to be a lack of opponents at your level & you will get lots of solo missions. If you can work out the best time of day to catch the opps that can help, though with the holidays its been pretty quiet everywhere I think. Your only other option is to lose some missions badly, don`t ignore them & get inactive, get a valid but low score, then you will start to drop back to the level that other people are playing at.
    edited 01.01.2015
    Yes, I've been told by people that complained to GGS about solo Missions, They we're told Solo missions are random.
    edited 01.01.2015
    Yes, I've been told by people that complained to GGS about solo Missions, They we're told Solo missions are random.

I just don`t understand how the concept of random can come into it. When you click to search for a mission, it spends 5 minutes looking for other players of the same mission level as you that are also searching for a mission, if no one else clicks in that time you end up with a solo mission.

Sometimes it helps if you wait for the pop-up saying that a mission is available, rather than starting a search yourself, because those pop-ups come when someone else is waiting..... At least thats the theory lol 8|
    edited 01.01.2015
    Yes that's a good suggestion. to wait for it to pop up. Another race I don't like is when you finally get another player in the race and the sit there with a big zero, really bad on your reputation points. I would never do that to anyone.
  • edited 02.01.2015
    Need more types of missions. We should be able to pick our own mission but at a cost.

I think we pay a price when we can not participate in "ANY" mission....TIME can mean everything. Maybe if we could accept or refuse a mission that would help.

It makes me not want to do missions...ever.!!!!
  • FarmerDeb1 (US1)FarmerDeb1 (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 02.01.2015
    That is very frustrating.. If they don't want to do the mission they shouldn't have started it. They should at least put a few in so that the other person get their full points.. I would never do that to anyone..
    edited 02.01.2015
    Well I tried that, waiting till the mission available tab popped up and still got a solo race. I'll try it again. LOL
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 02.01.2015
    Solo missions simply can't be random! A lot of players do already have all their machines in the garage upgradet. So they do not see any reason to play missions anymore. And - as Scissors said - during the holidays a lot of players might be away.

We do play a lot of solo missions, too - and then all of a sudden when the Cooperative Challenge competition is on again - we find ourselves in missions with 5 opponents again :p !! Such a "surprise" !! ;)

It is all so predictable so I do not bother anymore. But I do totally agree on 1 thing with you that keeps annoying me, too: when having 1 or more opponents and their score stays 0!! It is not my fault that they decided not to play so why am I punished for that with a lot lesser reputation points?
  • edited 03.01.2015
    I don't know what you've changed but it is not good....5 hours and still no dung mission.....and if I'm growing wheat, back to back corn and wild flowers can really waste alot of time and money.

Maybe you could set it up to rotate between the animals and the crops...there, that would solve everything for everybody...!!! Don't you think...?

I hope you consider this option.!

8maidsamilking and milking and milking and milking
Sign In to comment.