Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Anybody already bored with the horses?

Comments

• NissePlutt (SKN1)NissePlutt (SKN1) Posts: 48
    edited 04.11.2014
    Hm... Horse farm is boring so i don't think i will do anything more there.
    I just figured out that all i get from the boat is Blue stars and horse shoes. I thought we still got money and the blue stars and horse shoes.. So to avoid throwing away expensive stuff to the captain - i will stop giving the boat stuff... the blue stars is ok - but really not worth the money spent on the island to get horse shoes and shells to buy strange seeds.
    Then we come to the island. I think it was funny but a real waste of dollars. But - i am in level "somewhere over 100" so i really don't have any use of the money anymore... so the island was like a funny thing.. way to expensive though.
    To upgrade the farm vehicles seems also like a waste of time... just making us do some missions to make us upgrade the machines... -well yes, some advantages... like a few more workers, a few more happiness

Wait.. if i stop doing the horse, the island and fill the boat... all left is to do is the 3 farms... and the projects and research....
    maybe i should stop playing this game and find a new one,... and maybe get a life in reality...
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 04.11.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »
    If it's this confusing for people who are elbow deep into this game, I can't imagine what it looks like for somebody just coming into this. Must be terribly confusing. Read : not worth the effort.

Sort of faulty logic. That's like saying if a parent with all their years of life experience, and time spent on computers (of their era) is confused about a new update, their kid doesn't have a chance.

A person just starting this game, with no pre-conceived notion (like those who have been playing awhile have) will learn the game the same way we all did, just more inclusively and will possibly understand the ramifications of the new stuff better than the old timers because they are getting it earlier in their learning experience.

-Y
  • E-ric (INT1)E-ric (INT1) Posts: 4
    edited 04.11.2014
    I wish something would come out of the horse ranch to directly benefit the main farm like dung. Also, if a real horse uses up 4,000 horseshoes while training it would be dead soon.:)
  • ShirlAnn (US1)ShirlAnn (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 04.11.2014
    I've already had enough of the Island and the horse. Seems you have to spend a ton of cash and gold to get anywhere on the island to earn seashells to buy seeds for tropical fruit to give to the boat to earn extra horse shoes that you then use to train the horse.

Then after thirty days all the work, money and gold you invested in the island vanishes and you have to start all over again the next time it comes up. Must be some really nasty hurricanes around that island that you have to evacuate the area and completely rebuild.

As for the horse. If you don't increase the endurance, strength and agility to the next level you probably won't win the competition and it can take several rounds and thousands of horse shoes to increase to the next level. I'm almost out of horse shoes now and still do not have enough gold ones to upgrade any of the arenas.

Am I bored with it? You bet.

The last time the island came up I did NOT spend any gold and barely made it through part 1.

One last thing. I wish the architect was on call in farm management again. I have things I still need to upgrade on my main farm and I swear he hides down the road and waits until I have something else going one one of the other farms before he pulls in the driveway, then leaves before that project is done and I can get him started on a job.

Rant over. Have a good day.
  • JjbUser (US1)JjbUser (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 04.11.2014
    Am I missing something? Where do you find the 3 grass growing videos and 10 minute paint drying. Or are you pulling my leg?

Thanks, At least I'm not the only one displeased. The second time thru Island I was very frugal and spent no gold.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 04.11.2014
    JjbUser2 wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Where do you find the 3 grass growing videos and 10 minute paint drying. Or are you pulling my leg?

Do a search on YouTube (10 hours of paint drying)(10 minutes of your Life: Watching grass grow and dew) Talk about viral! LOL
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 04.11.2014
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Sort of faulty logic.

I submit not faulty at all. You have elements that lead upwards to parts unknown and a current element that makes very little sense as far as playability. If anything, people who are versed in this game are having difficulty in playable recognition. How is the target playership going to make sense of it? This isn't a "vcr keeps blinking 12:00, let little timmy fix it" issue. It plain old fashioned is a CHORE to navigate through all of it and the point is....... kids are lazy. They like easy. None of this is clear or easy. Therefore, the target is getting missed.
  • Cowgirl1980 (US1)Cowgirl1980 (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    edited 05.11.2014
    Ok, I'm confused about the gold horseshoes that you need to upgrade the arenas, etc. I have 15 gold horseshoes, where do they come from? I keep training my horse but only get "coins" I think they are? Anyway no more gold horseshoes. Yes, I'm bored.
  • FarmerJojoBell3FarmerJojoBell3 Posts: 48
    edited 05.11.2014
    Ok, I'm confused about the gold horseshoes that you need to upgrade the arenas, etc. I have 15 gold horseshoes, where do they come from? I keep training my horse but only get "coins" I think they are? Anyway no more gold horseshoes. Yes, I'm bored.

You have to win competitions with your horse to get the golden horseshoes. There is a little trailer and jeep on the side close to where the events are located. Click that to access competitions.
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 05.11.2014
    Training gives yellow stars = Training experience points.
    Golden horseshoes you get from winning competitions with your horse.
  • William.dunn63UWilliam.dunn63U Posts: 6
    edited 05.11.2014
    yes very I have got to level 10 on training and can not win any more until they upgrade the horse ranch now so it just sits there unplayable
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 05.11.2014
    yes very I have got to level 10 on training and can not win any more until they upgrade the horse ranch now so it just sits there unplayable

Does it say you can't win anymore? Or are you just losing a lot?
  • Hungry KatnissHungry Katniss Posts: 61
    edited 05.11.2014
    kbahr0072,
    I agree that there's an entertaining factor in that you don't have to use dollars to upgrade it. :)

KinBoshi,
    I like the speculations here about future upgrades. I'm kinda hopin the same will pan out. I think winning tokens would be a great bonus, as competing is a chance at fortune (although, more likely to lose than win!).

kate258,
    Betting gold does sound like a more entertaining aspect, too. But like RunsWivScissors said, I bet I would lose mostly. I've already maxed out on upgrades and training. I think definitely this part of the game would benefit from some kind of animation, even if the horse race were repetitive (like the rest of the stables are), it would be more fun than reading a text.

[Posts Merged by Wabbit: Please use Edit button]
  • KinBoshi (INT1)KinBoshi (INT1) Posts: 34
    edited 05.11.2014
    kbahr0072,
    I agree that there's an entertaining factor in that you don't have to use dollars to upgrade it. :)
    Hungry Katniss,
    I find it highly surprising, that you don't have to use any kind of currency for entering competitions! That's very different in real life. Well, now I hope they don't read this thread...
  • edited 05.11.2014
    kbahr0072,

KinBoshi,
    I like the speculations here about future upgrades. I'm kinda hopin the same will pan out. I think winning tokens would be a great bonus, as competing is a chance at fortune (although, more likely to lose than win!).

kate258,
    Betting gold does sound like a more entertaining aspect, too. But like RunsWivScissors said, I bet I would lose mostly. I've already maxed out on upgrades and training. I think definitely this part of the game would benefit from some kind of animation, even if the horse race were repetitive (like the rest of the stables are), it would be more fun than reading a text.

[Posts Merged by Wabbit: Please use Edit button]

In the Forum for the Discussion for the Official announcements Oct 23 Update about the Horse Ranch, In post # 316 Latten says: There will be animation eventually, just not with this update yet
  • sljwatts (US1)sljwatts (US1) Posts: 15
    edited 05.11.2014
    There are several aspects to the game that are just not fun.... horses, garage to hold decals, island (I didn't play last time- tons of money and gold down the drain) I love my coop, so I do projects and the main farm... the rest is not worth it to me... the relationships on my coop are.... three farms... and that is my focus...
  • ShirlAnn (US1)ShirlAnn (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 05.11.2014
    Do a search on YouTube (10 hours of paint drying)(10 minutes of your Life: Watching grass grow and dew) Talk about viral! LOL

OMG... LOL... they really do have a ten hour video of paint drying! No, I'm not going to watch it. If I want to watch paint dry I'll paint my living room and watch that dry.
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 06.11.2014
    I'm not bored, exactly... just a bit confused (as does seem to prevalent amongst this thread lol). I've got my horse up to "x4" in each of the yellow stars (level 4?) and have raced until I lost each of the challenges (only once so far - just waiting for the cool down). I'm just going to keep racing until I see whether or not I can win any more; if not, then I suppose I'll train a bit more, see what happens.

I tend to look at the whole thing as a learning experience and learning can be fun (yes, kids, I said it lol ;) ). Sometimes you have to try to figure things out yourself to get the hang of things. GGS could take us all by the hand and lead us through every single part of the game and explain it all step by step on what to do and how to do it... or they could offer some information then let us have at it, and let us explore and learn on our own and with the help of discussions with each other. Challenges and hurdles are a good thing, as is helping each other out. :) Besides, the horse farm isn't even fully finished yet...we just need some patience and less rush to do everything at once. Let's not put the cart before the horse... (haha, I see what I did there... ;) ).

My real question, though... will I ever be able to collect horse poo?? I never have enough poo... :( ;(
  • AshleyBordenAshleyBorden Posts: 7
    edited 06.11.2014
    Saw the horse ranch thing on someone else account and I sorta feel bad about not being confused. \i like going though everything and reading every detail (RPG habit) so maybe thats why but I feel like if you moused over and read everything it is understandable. you can click on the competition and see there stats along with your percent to win for people who are confused about why they are losing (sorry if thats not helpfull), but yeah I think when I unlock it I'll just ignore it. It's not fun, it's just waiting for a chance to wait at this point.

I ignore everything but tasks and my farm. Can't wait to be lvl 25 seems to be the only thing worth while besides the main.

(Yes I realize I'm a noob but don't worry I won't be here long ;) )
  • edited 06.11.2014
    HAving a fourth farm where you breed horses would be better the ranch is stupid. the donkeys on the gourmet farm is atleast doing something
  • edited 07.11.2014
    I just keep training the horse. I am at level 9 in all classes. I lose more events than I win, so it will take a while for me to upgrade everything that red head wants me to. I am hoping this is phase 1 and it will get better. I wish they produced manure for the silo though.
  • LadyVaderLadyVader Posts: 28
    edited 07.11.2014
    So I have maxed out on training my horse to level 10. I no longer need my ridiculous accumulated amount of horseshoes anymore because I can no longer train my horse. I can no longer win a challenge because I can no longer train my horse. So now I can no longer upgrade any of the training facilities...So yeah I'm very bored...My horse is useless....
  • Carolaturner (GB1)Carolaturner (GB1) GB1 Posts: 38
    edited 07.11.2014
    I am so bored with the horses i have been training for days can't win any races, so can't upgrade what is the point of them. i was so looking forward to them but am disappointed it is so slow
  • Nathan ST ()Nathan ST () Posts: 7
    edited 08.11.2014
    My only horse is now completely trained to level 10 on all attributes, and in the past 12 challenges I've won 4. When I do lose I check the other horses level and they are above 10 the last one was 15.

I won more challenges with an untrained horse, and obviously I should not have trained at all. The only good thing is the challenges don't cost anything.

Hope GGS plans to fix this with next update
  • edited 08.11.2014
    agree with u vievie4
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 09.11.2014
    I think the Horse ranch is due for quick expansion and fix-ups. Indeed once you reach max training levels, your horse stays at lvl10, while the competitors horses levels keep going up (I think, when you lose the competition that does contribute to George, Lester & Tessa's horses gaining better attributes).

Ranch is becoming, more on boring side - the horse doesn't do much. My training is at max, can NOT really send him to compete anymore, since my experience levels are not growing. Without winning the races, I'm not collecting the golden horseshoes needed to upgrading training grounds.
    The only good thing is - I'm slowly rebuilding my horseshoes collection. It cost me close to 200k of horseshoes to train one horse, I gather in order to take care of the rest "baby horses" coming, the Island event will become more mandatory. We will need a ton of seeds, to grow the fruit to get another 200k for future horses.

I think the GGS team has to make the horses - do a little bit more, than just sit there.
    For now - the Airport, the Island, Greenhouse & Ship, all fizzle at the end effect of the Ranch - with a pony, just sitting there idle :/ all this shebang for floppy end effect? 8|
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 09.11.2014
    I think the Horse ranch is due for quick expansion and fix-ups. Indeed once you reach max training levels, your horse stays at lvl10, while the competitors horses levels keep going up (I think, when you lose the competition that does contribute to George, Lester & Tessa's horses gaining better attributes).

Ranch is becoming, more on boring side - the horse doesn't do much. My training is at max, can NOT really send him to compete anymore, since my experience levels are not growing. Without winning the races, I'm not collecting the golden horseshoes needed to upgrading training grounds.
    The only good thing is - I'm slowly rebuilding my horseshoes collection. It cost me close to 200k of horseshoes to train one horse, I gather in order to take care of the rest "baby horses" coming, the Island event will become more mandatory. We will need a ton of seeds, to grow the fruit to get another 200k for future horses.

I think the GGS team has to make the horses - do a little bit more, than just sit there.
    For now - the Airport, the Island, Greenhouse & Ship, all fizzle at the end effect of the Ranch - with a pony, just sitting there idle :/ all this shebang for floppy end effect? 8|

I agree, boring, but, what can GGS do, this is mainly a game that is internet based and very little of the programming installed on your computer. For that reason not a lot of action type displays can be shown, now, if GGS installed the program on your computer say like Need for speed or something like that, the possibility would exist for them to have a great featuire like the horse farm, but for now we are stuck with limited graphics and a dull ranch. Now, it is possible to make some small animations, but i think just small animations like the windmill and the ship pulling in and out are about the limit
  • edited 09.11.2014
    Kelly1028 wrote: »
    I'm not bored, exactly... just a bit confused (as does seem to prevalent amongst this thread lol). I've got my horse up to "x4" in each of the yellow stars (level 4?) and have raced until I lost each of the challenges (only once so far - just waiting for the cool down). I'm just going to keep racing until I see whether or not I can win any more; if not, then I suppose I'll train a bit more, see what happens.

I tend to look at the whole thing as a learning experience and learning can be fun (yes, kids, I said it lol ;) ). Sometimes you have to try to figure things out yourself to get the hang of things. GGS could take us all by the hand and lead us through every single part of the game and explain it all step by step on what to do and how to do it... or they could offer some information then let us have at it, and let us explore and learn on our own and with the help of discussions with each other. Challenges and hurdles are a good thing, as is helping each other out. :) Besides, the horse farm isn't even fully finished yet...we just need some patience and less rush to do everything at once. Let's not put the cart before the horse... (haha, I see what I did there... ;) ).

My real question, though... will I ever be able to collect horse poo?? I never have enough poo... :( ;(

Save your game gold until you get 2,000, then double it in the mine with your gold, gold mining license. Buy a water tower for each farm. With Level 1 Water Towers, I now have LOTS of poo! Lots of fertilizer, humus, and feed too. :-)
  • Gumbyfoofs (US1)Gumbyfoofs (US1) Posts: 117
    edited 09.11.2014
    The golden horseshoes are used for upgrading the horses training areas. I have run out of all the horseshoes days ago. and keep losing all the competitions. Many in our co-op have changed the names of the horses to Glue Pot and Superglue.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 09.11.2014
    Gumbyfoofs wrote: »
    The golden horseshoes are used for upgrading the horses training areas. I have run out of all the horseshoes days ago. and keep losing all the competitions. Many in our co-op have changed the names of the horses to Glue Pot and Superglue.

I think because we don`t have the full game yet, we have to do everything with 1 horse, which is not how the system is designed. Each event requires training in 2 skills, a main one & a secondary one, so I guess normally we would train a different horse for each event.
    As it is, if you train your horse evenly accross all 3 skills it ends up being unable to win at any event. I changed to training for just one event & while I still lost every time at the other 2, I did get wins in the event that "Also Ran" was good at.
    Now that all skills are nearing level 10 & getting close to even again, I am back to losing more, I did consider not training them all to level 10 until we get the rest of the update, but decided to just go for it & accept the losses & will work out a stategy with the next horse. ^^

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file