Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Adults only

Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33
edited 21.07.2015 in The Chicken Coop
Hi,

I'm just curious as to how many adults are playing this game, and how you find time for it.
Post edited by Marycat (US1) on

Comments

• Kevin3Farmer2Kevin3Farmer2 Posts: 36
    edited 17.08.2014
    I'm retired.
  • IsisGirlIsisGirl Posts: 6
    edited 17.08.2014
    I am playing but work full time so only in the evenings and w/end
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 19.08.2014
    I think there are more adults than children playing this game, actually. Because despite appearances this is NOT a game for children. All 14 members of my coop are adults, over 25! And I work from home, so can log-in any time I want! :)
  • MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 20.08.2014
    who said this game isnt for children?
  • jjjjjjjjjjjj10jjjjjjjjjjjj10 Posts: 136
    edited 30.08.2014
    it is for children too
  • eishaheishah Posts: 129
    edited 06.09.2014
    I am 11.My brothers also play Big Farm.One of my brother is 7 and one is 4....But amazing they both can settle their farms
  • kiupio5kiupio5 Posts: 33
    edited 06.09.2014
    i am going to be an adult in 5 more years
  • Tankerspam2Tankerspam2 Posts: 8
    edited 08.10.2014
    That's like saying you'll be an adult in 21 years XD.
    Add me t the count.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 09.10.2014
    retired navy
  • edited 17.10.2014
    I am 32 years old I slipped and fell on Thursday night and sprained my hand and wrist and and ended up finding this game Friday night and started playing it. when the splint comes off I will be playing this game and xbox live on xbox 360.
  • UmBitty (US1)UmBitty (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 17.10.2014
    "But amazing they can both settle their farms". Very maturely parsed Eishah.
  • Leafmold (GB1)Leafmold (GB1) Posts: 71
    edited 17.10.2014
    I'm 48, semi retired.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 17.10.2014
    I work from home on the phones (you don't want me calling you. Heh). While I do, I use my personal computer to play in between calls.

-Y
  • MMusharrafMMMMusharrafMM Posts: 38
    edited 27.10.2014
    I think I am a really young guy playing compared to the others here. I mean, I'm 14! Look at the others! THERE IS HARDLY ANY UNDER 30 (I said hardly, there might be some). But this game MUST be meant for children cause it can really improve the strategy level of the brain. But, the adults equally deserve a right to play as well.
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 30.10.2014
    I'm 57 and retired. I believe there are a lot more adults than kids playing. GGS needs the money we pay for gold. LOL I've been a gamer since super Nitendo. LOL
  • TMNT7TMNT7 Posts: 51
    edited 05.02.2015
    If you're young at heart, then you can appreciate this game :)
    "Forever 21" because I look it.
    One of my earliest encounters with a "video game" was one in which you had to give directions to a triangle (called a "turtle") with (X,Y) coordinates, and it would move around on the screen according to what you programmed. Go figure!
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 05.02.2015
    I'm not sure what I expected when I saw the thread title, but this seems alright! Carry on :D
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 05.02.2015
    LMBO.. Me too Latten, the title grabbed me, and pulled me in!!! Welp I am 35, and also work from home. Which allows me plenty of time to play this game. My co-op is too all adults and as far as who can play the game, I feel that its more geered towards paying players (like me) to fund it. I don't know too many young children that have a gaming allowances..

Maryann572--Do you remember Atari? I remember playing with a joystick.. the game was you were a space ship, and had to shoot the aliens as they came down to your ship from the top of the screen. I also remember being sooo excited to use the game gun to play that other game on Atari, I think it was called Duck Hunters?? The one that at the beginning of it, the dog's head pops out from the grass!!!
  • emilylennox (US1)emilylennox (US1) Posts: 217
    edited 05.02.2015
    I am 11 too. Let me just say that hurt my feelings that kids like me should not play this game. This game teaches us about farming and being around other people. The coop i am in there is a lot of kids.

thank you
  • AmyandMattAmyandMatt Posts: 27
    edited 06.02.2015
    I like your picture profile I have that movie of Narnia. But I haven't watch mine a while ever since my real life best friend got married to unhealthy person. :thumbsup:
  • miraclebabymiraclebaby Posts: 12
    edited 12.02.2015
    I am way past 20s , So yes I am an adult -- how do I have time to play is when my 2 yr old is either taking a nap or when she is in bed for the night .. or when she wants to sit on my lap and help me play.:).. .. my first video games where Atari , Coleco and regular Nintendo....As for as who playing this game i think everyone plays it for something to do...
  • edited 13.02.2015
    I am 11 too. Let me just say that hurt my feelings that kids like me should not play this game. This game teaches us about farming and being around other people. The coop i am in there is a lot of kids.

thank you

:) Nobody said kids shouldn't play, just that they think more adults play it than children do. Which is likely the case! But nobody says kids can't play it though too!

I'm early 30's, and currently working from home, though likely to change that soon. So I do have a lot of time to play as well!

I have had kids playing in my co-ops in the past, all currently late teens and up now in my co-ops. Kids don't typically stay for long, mostly because I think it doesn't hold their attention. They tend to turn red after level 20... After you start leveling up, it takes longer and longer to get things done, great for adults who like to strategize, but not for kids who get bored easily. That said, there are some kids who really do enjoy playing and have a lot of fun with the game.
  • VictoriaDD7 (US1)VictoriaDD7 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    edited 18.02.2015
    I am old enough to brag on rights to the first Atari game. First Zelda game. First Super Maro game. And X-box, and Playstation 2-3.... and I am that old. I even farmed of Facebook but it drove me nuts because it has such difficutly loading... DAILY so I quite it.
    Found BF by accident, and have enjoyed it since.
    I think all ages should be offered the chance to play. If they find other intersts and go, that is fine. Age and "things" do that to people. Life sometimes changes and we decide to move on to other things..
    For now, I play Big Farm....

Until? When ever....
  • StrategicFarmerStrategicFarmer Posts: 2
    edited 19.02.2015
    Almost 50! shhhhh ;)
  • edited 20.02.2015
    So technically I am not an adult, however most of the time on this game when people chat with me they think I am until I tell them how old I really am. Anyway, I wasn't going to post in this thread until I saw the post by JojoBell, and after I saw that well I just couldn't help myself. So yeah here are the couple things I want to say...
    I have had kids playing in my co-ops in the past, all currently late teens and up now in my co-ops. Kids don't typically stay for long, mostly because I think it doesn't hold their attention. They tend to turn red after level 20... After you start leveling up, it takes longer and longer to get things done, great for adults who like to strategize, but not for kids who get bored easily.

I agree with this statement 100%. During my time farming and running my co-op about 90% of the other kids that have joined haven't lasted very long. They just get bored easily or the are too busy with other stuff like school.
    I am not one of those kids.
    That said, there are some kids who really do enjoy playing and have a lot of fun with the game.

And I am quite proud to say that I am one of these kinds of kids. I am able to play this game because I am homeschooled, and I am very thankful for that. This game is not just game, it helps to keep your mind active and I personally love math, and this game uses quite a bit of math in it. So when I am working on making my farm perfect, I get to use my math skills to do that.

So now let me take just a quick moment to tell you what I have achieved during my time playing Big Farm, I started playing when I was almost 13, and now I am almost 15. On March 1st, I will have been playing this game for 2 years, and that will also be my co-op, Super Awesome's 2ed birthday. During these past 2 years I have managed to get my farm to level 115, finish all tasks on my main farm, and all but 2 tasks on each of my gourmet & flower farms. My Co-op, which I am leader of, with the help of my amazing team has gotten to Level 74 and is currently ranked #80 at of all co-ops on the US Server.

I completely agree that most of the players on Big Farm are adults, but there are the few kids that are like me, and are just as good at farming as those adults.
    It really just depends on the kind of person. Because all it takes is a little perseverance and patience to do the things that I have achieved on my farm.

Well I think that is everything, sorry for the long post, I am a writer, so yeah. ;)

~Space~
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.02.2015
    An EXCELLENT post, SuperSpaceGirl! Like you, I didn't plan on posting in this thread, but you have inspired me to do so! Your reply is a superb example that age is not a measurement of maturity. I've seen the young players throwing their tantrums right along with those who claim to be adults. I believe that Big Farm is a game that can be enjoyed by anyone who has the patience and maturity to play it. It seems that nowadays so many people are expectant of instant gratification that a game that progresses so slowly just isn't their cup of tea, and I can understand why this is so. You just can't get a big farm overnight! And there are so many other games that you can play where there is constant action and advancement to keep a player busy. But those of us who have played the game for a long time know that building your farms little by little, seeing them develop and grow day by day is a source of great personal satisfaction. And being able to make friends with others from all over the world who feel the same way is equally satisfying. This isn't a game for a certain age, but of a certain mentality, one that is willing to invest effort for great personal reward. Your post is proof of that, SuperSpaceGirl! ^^
  • edited 20.02.2015
    Awwww, FarmerJohn, your post has made my day! :)
    And I agree with your post completely, it takes a certain kind of person to stick with the game for the long run. And alot of people just want things to move faster. I know alot of people in my co-op have said at one time or another how they want buildings to build faster or have more then one construction window. And I have told them pretty much what you said, You don't get a Big Farm overnight, it takes time, but it is worth it in the end.
    And for me, because this game takes time and you can't be done in a few weeks, that is why I enjoy it so much and have stuck with it that long.

~Space~
  • miss maymiss may Posts: 7
    edited 21.02.2015
    I am 38, and am disabled. I play everyday. I do not think anyone said that kids could not play this game or should not play. I think what they were saying is that it is meant for adults, because GGS is funded by the gold that we buy. This game is addictive regardless how old you are.lol

I remember the Atari too. Kids these days do not know what we are talking about when we talk about Atari. It was the Nintendo that had the duck hunter game. Nice to meet ya'll.
  • Betka20 (INT1)Betka20 (INT1) Posts: 1
    edited 01.03.2015
    I'm 23 years. i usually play it when i have free time.
  • Ruthy6Ruthy6 Posts: 1
    edited 02.03.2015
    I have cancer and can't get out much, it passes the time between sleeping and feeling rubbish. I can't really do much else at the moment. I think it's a teen/adult game anyway. What do most adults do at night? Watch TV? Watch catch up TV? We are a generation of people who want to be constantly entertained. I tend to have BF on in the background while I nap or watch TV. That way I can keep an eye on what needs to be harvested. I'm 33 by the way.

I also very much agree with Farmer John and Super Space Girl, I hadn't read their posts when I wrote mine. I've been playing for a year now and I'm proud of my lovely farm(s). My 13 year old son plays too, he is learning a lot about managing money and saving up and WAITING :) ...compared to all his xbox games that are all 'go'.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
This discussion has been closed.