Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Island goods in a Boat

Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
When the slots in the boat for island farm products unlock, do they stay unlocked forever?
Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on

Comments

• PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 28.10.2014
    Yep it will ask for it every time. But it is not really the island products that the boat asks, it is the greenhouse products what you can make of the shells you can earn when the island returns.

If i was you i would wait a couple of levels or until the next island to unlock them. Then just harvest some shells and unlock it when you feel like it.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 28.10.2014
    Well, too late, I already played the Island. Thinking that the boat slots will only be available during the island event, and then "lock" again.

So the Island event is actually a complete rip off and has no logic to unlock at level 30. It doesn't help anything and only presents obstacles for farm developement at this level. I wonder what "smartie" created this lame concept. Be it in real life, he would deserve a Nobel price for it.

Since it's not the first "trick" in this game, I'm getting really disgusted with it.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 28.10.2014
    The Island gives you several rewards. You get shells to buy tropic seeds to get extra horseshoes to get what... isn't clear yet. So I can see thinking this is a rip off...

The Castles, however, are better rewards than even the hardest Weekly event deco. And you can get up to 3, each one better than the last. So that's a tangible reward. Leaving aside the lesser rewards for shell accumulation like the Slide, Skiff, etc. So even without the shells leading to anything... yet. There are rewards to be had.

And of course, my favorite reward, which is to personal taste, but I have fun. :) Like I do with all the events.

-Y
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 28.10.2014
    Yakoska, thanks for sharing your view, but you missed the whole point of my comment. The island opens at the time when you need dollars for your farms developement, so you can¨t finance island properly. But at the same time it block one of the best dollar givers you have available to progress your farm. And leaves this resource blocked even when the event is gone. It might be rewarding at higher levels, but at level 30 it's nothing but a hidden masked pit hole. It promisses progress, but deliveres a set back.

Besides that this concept of last two compartments being unlocked forever in a way "forces" me to play Island every time after i just started Island side tasks, or pay the penalty of stuck boat bringing less dollars and experience for ever. Since the whole island is demolished at the end of the event, leaving this hindering artefact behind it without possibility to opt out is even more illogical and anoying.

Also read a bit more in the link below, if you will.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?123933-quot-Send-the-boat-quot-butto

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file