Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Co-op level up reward

Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
When cooperative levels up, there is dollar and gold reward. Does that reward only add to the cooperative account, or does it also reward every individual member of the cooperative?
Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on

Comments

• Leafmold (GB1)Leafmold (GB1) Posts: 71
    edited 25.10.2014
    Co op only.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 25.10.2014
    My goodness, what a disappointment. All the time I believed members get the reward too ......... :(

It seems to me, that unlike most other games team work, here co-op rather burdens players instead giving help. Kind of a lame concept as new players need all they have for farm development, but developping co-op slows them down.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 25.10.2014
    Kamilcom wrote: »
    My goodness, what a disappointment. All the time I believed members get the reward too ......... :(

It seems to me, that unlike most other games team work, here co-op rather burdens players instead giving help. Kind of a lame concept as new players need all they have for farm development, but developping co-op slows them down.

You forget that the members of a cooperative have the advantage of being able to increase their profits significantly by doing researches.
    edited 25.10.2014
    You forget that the members of a cooperative have the advantage of being able to increase their profits from doing researches.

No, haven't forgoten it at all. Just calculated the return of investment. Investment is asked at the time when all resources are needed for farm development, yet the return of money from research comes very slowly. The faster you invest, the bigger your immediate "loss", slowing your farm progress down. It will of course come back later, but way too late later.

In other words, co-op actually plays against farm developement of low level players, unless they join fully developped co-op or the research is done with a great caution and consideration for their purse. In other case the co-op just gets resourses from them, slowing their farm progress down.

Edit by PINJO: changed the inappropriate word

I wonder what's inappropriate about eddited word. This is a standard correct dictionarry term. The noun "suction" is derived from eddited verb and there's nothing inappropriate about it. Have I missed some recent changes in English language? If not, I suggest this job should be done by an individual with correct knowledge of English language who can distinguish between correct usage of words and their slightly colloquial use, so that inapropriate edditing is avoided.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 25.10.2014
    In other case the co-op just sucks resourses from them, slowing their farm progress down.

Which is another good reason for not allowing players at too low a level to join a cooperative. The "Join a cooperative" task should not be given so early in the game.
  • edited 25.10.2014
    Which is another good reason for not allowing players at too low a level to join a cooperative. The "Join a cooperative" task should not be given so early in the game.

I agree farmerjohn the whole co-op tasks are too much for low level players. But we forget GGS gives tasks in advance before you can actually do them, which is part of the problem. Most of the low level players feel they must complete every task as soon as it is introduced. Sad but true.
    edited 25.10.2014

I've been playing for only a month now and so far this seems to be the only lame concept in otherwise very good game.

Co-ops can still be started and developped by low level players, but with a very slow progress if it should be to their advantage.

Otherwise co-ops are great for chatting while you play, and give game another social dimention.
  • edited 25.10.2014
    I've been playing for only a month now and so far this seems to be the only lame concept in otherwise very good game.

I have been playing for a few months and at first I thought the same way you feel, but after time goes by and the more you play it starts to make sense. The rewards obtained from co-op level ups pays for the cost of researches, which increases the income from selling products i.e. selling pigs might bring a 40% bonus when selling so you are getting your investment back.
    edited 25.10.2014
    I have been playing for a few months and at first I thought the same way you feel, but after time goes by and the more you play it starts to make sense. The rewards obtained from co-op level ups pays for the cost of researches, which increases the income from selling products i.e. selling pigs might bring a 40% bonus when selling so you are getting your investment back.

Of course you are getting your investment back. But after too long time, depending on playing style, and at the time when you need resources for your farm developement most, you burry them in co-op researches. The gain from 20 or 40 % on pigs is rather miniscule, so it's better to focuss on other ways of getting dollars, and then do the research when you have some spare money later.

In my view it makes no sense to increase the finantial struggle at the initial stage of farm developement in hope of getting a few more dollars sometimes months later. By that time many may easily quit the game, or those smarter just leave cooperative with demanding leader, as for a long time they may be much better off on their own then under a leadership which doesn't take into account low level players needs.

Players may be tempted into co-ops by just looking at the percentage gain. But when you start doing your math homework, the real issue comes to light easily, showing, that co-op is actually more of a barrier then help for starting player. Which is the concept I'm not very satisfied with, but can find my way around it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file