Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Dog House

SAUGATA4SAUGATA4 Posts: 59
What benefits do you get upgrading the dog house ?
Post edited by SAUGATA4 on

Comments

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 25.10.2014
    When fully upgraded you receive better gifts from your dog - these could be anything from farm cash to cabbages - and also during an event you get 3 of the items required (in current event, cranes). You get 75 XP for training your dog, which you can do twice daily.
  • MordnaMordna Posts: 53
    edited 25.10.2014
    bdreish wrote: »
    You get 75 XP for training your dog, which you can do twice daily.

Correction: You get 72 XP for training and it's only once per day.
  • awerick2awerick2 Posts: 356
    edited 25.10.2014
    Mordna wrote: »
    Correction: You get 72 XP for training and it's only once per day.

Nope, it's once per 8 hours.
  • rosevalley3rosevalley3 Posts: 2
    edited 25.10.2014
    XP is ones a day ,and satified is ones in 8 hours
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 25.10.2014
    You can feed the dog every 8 hours. Feeding gives happiness, and quite often after feeding the dog will give you a gift. The dog will also give gifts randomly at other times.

You can train the dog once a day. Training is what gives the XP points.
    edited 25.10.2014
    awerick2 wrote: »
    Nope, it's once per 8 hours.

Nope, feeding the dog is required every 8 hours. Which brings up the bubble of found treasure automatically. That only happens if you upgraded your doghouse to level 5. The amount of treasure will increase with upgrades at level 6 and 7 (requires gold).

I repeat: Getting XP from training the dog is possible only once per day. But you CAN train your dog however many times you want with absolutely no results, except the little movie of the dog performing the action.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 25.10.2014
    For doghouse level 7
    You get 72 XP for training your dog once a day.
    You get +75 Happiness for your doghouse, which drops to 0 if you do not keep the dog fed (which you do every 8 hours)
    The dog will also give you cool gifts such as 1000 pigs, $100,000 etc & help with events.

EDIT: Corrected XP...Thanks Mordna ^^
    edited 25.10.2014
    For doghouse level 7
    You get 15 XP for training your dog once a day.

True. But you get to perform all tricks once per day.

Level 1 - 7 XP
    Level 2 - 8 XP
    Level 3 - 9 XP
    Level 4 - 10 XP
    Level 5 - 11 XP
    Level 6 - 12 XP
    Level 7 - 15 XP

Total 72 XP. ;)
    edited 25.10.2014
    True. But you get to perform all tricks once per day.

Level 1 - 7 XP
    Level 2 - 8 XP
    Level 3 - 9 XP
    Level 4 - 10 XP
    Level 5 - 11 XP
    Level 6 - 12 XP
    Level 7 - 15 XP

Total 72 XP. ;)

Oops yep 15 is for last trick lol :thumbup: (Edited it ty)
    edited 25.10.2014
    I train twice a day, if you check after 12 hours the gears are there meaning you get the XP for the training.

Sorry, got happiness and XP amounts confused - but you do get the XP twice a day.
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 25.10.2014
    bdreish wrote: »
    I train twice a day, if you check after 12 hours the gears are there meaning you get the XP for the training.

The gears you see only mean that the game is loading that particular element. When you see a yellow star, that is when you are able to train your dog for XP points. And that only happens once a day.
    edited 25.10.2014
    Jinxy2 wrote: »
    The gears you see only mean that the game is loading that particular element. When you see a yellow star, that is when you are able to train your dog for XP points. And that only happens once a day.

Jinxy is right.

But the stars are blue in the corner, like regular XP stars. ^^
  • QuashawnQuashawn Posts: 3
    edited 25.10.2014
    i think only one of you are right you can only feed you dog every eight hours and peform tricks once a day i konow because i do it all the time with my dog max

Hey guys I have a really important question can your dog die.

[Posts Merged by Wabbit: Please use Edit button]
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 25.10.2014
    But the stars are blue in the corner, like regular XP stars. ^^

Lol, I got confused. You are right, Mordna, the little stars are blue. :)

@Quashawn, the dog can't die. But it won't be very happy if left hungry.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 25.10.2014
    As far as i know if you are gone for an extended period of time the dog is put into a kennel where is kept barely alive, when you get back the kennel knows to put it back onto your farm
    edited 26.10.2014

Both my daughter and myself must be very lucky then - as the rest of my coop are - as we get blue gears twice a day and are able to train, and therefore collect XP points, twice a day. You have to click on the wheel to see the blue gears, they are not the yellow feed gears that show in the farm. Try it every 12 hours and you might get a nice surprise :) If you dont believe me, keep a check on your XP.

Apologies, i said gears when i meant stars. When you go into the action wheel on the dog house, you will see you get blue STARS twice a day. I train every 12 hours and if you keep a note of your XP you will see that you DO get the XP.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • JustMe (AU1)JustMe (AU1) Posts: 170
    edited 03.11.2014
    Maybe it is different on different servers? for us 1 it is once a day for xp and every 8 hrs (hover mouse to see count down) it becomes unhappy and needs to be fed. Dog is the best use of gold to me for non gold buyers
    edited 04.11.2014
    kujhawkfan wrote: »
    Maybe it is different on different servers? for us 1 it is once a day for xp and every 8 hrs (hover mouse to see count down) it becomes unhappy and needs to be fed. Dog is the best use of gold to me for non gold buyers

I am on same server as bdreish & mine is once a day for XP too. The "i" button on the doghouse says "Daily Training XP" - It resets at midnight German time the same as the login bonus, as far as I know.
  • edited 07.11.2014
    I sometimes train my dog twice in one of my "Days" It depends on what time it is in Germany. This morning I collected XP at 9 am, US time and again at 4 pm US time. Because the German server resets itself at 3pm my time. BUT I will not be able to collect XP again until after 3 pm tomorrow. Once every 24 hours but not midnight to midnight.

It is handy to know if you get busy and can not log in.

Did that make any sense to anyone else but me?
  • NinaRunner6NinaRunner6 Posts: 1
    edited 08.11.2014
    There is a dog house because I just started this game about 15 min ago
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.11.2014
    There is a dog house because I just started this game about 15 min ago

Welcome to Big Farm, Nina! I'm glad to see that you found your way to the Forum. You'll find a lot of useful info here that will help you in the game. Good luck and Happy Farming! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file