Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 23rd - The Horse Ranch - Discussion

Comments

• feedthepig (US1)feedthepig (US1) Posts: 30
    edited 24.10.2014
    Thanks Yakoska!!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 24.10.2014
    ANother great tip- buy some island houses and change out your housing. I bought a bunch of them to rotate out my houses and get 1 extra worker per house.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 24.10.2014
    i decided i would go with special lime seeds, i have about 18 right now but am going to produce shell to get more, possibly grapefruit also, with humus added into the mix i should be fine
  • edited 24.10.2014
    Will our upgrades to the areas of the horse ranch be visible to other players when visiting other farms? I expected to see the upgraded areas, as we see upgraded garages, libraries, co-op trees, greenhouses, and all other farm structures. Perhaps this will be part of a future update? It would be fun to see the progress.

Attachment not found.

I have been getting only horseshoes and XP for sending my ship since the update. When will I get farm dollars again? Others from my co-op have not had this issue. I already have over a half million horseshoes and would like to get some extra farm dollars for the next time the architect comes around.

Anyone else have this type of payout from the ship?

Edit: I did get a few farm dollars as a loading bonus, as shown on the right side of the picture, but no cash for the goods themselves. Is this a permanent change?

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 24.10.2014
    Attachment not found.

I have been getting only horseshoes and XP for sending my ship since the update. When will I get farm dollars again? Others from my co-op have not had this issue. I already have over a half million horseshoes and would like to get some extra farm dollars for the next time the architect comes around.

Anyone else have this type of payout from the ship?

Edit: I did get a few farm dollars as a loading bonus, as shown on the right side of the picture, but no cash for the goods themselves. Is this a permanent change?

You will not be geting farm dolars again. This is permanent change. Others from your coop are probably refering to geting dolars as bonus for filling 2 and 4 crates. Payment for separate item is now horseshoes.
  • edited 24.10.2014
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    You will not be geting farm dolars again. This is permanent change. Others from your coop are probably refering to geting dolars as bonus for filling 2 and 4 crates. Payment for separate item is now horseshoes.

Thanks for the clarification, aaabbb1.
  • edited 24.10.2014
    hehe here`s one of how the update team is prolly feeling about now.... 5_zps2ec9f5ce.gif
    LOL, ROLF! ..... I got green screens and weird messages "text" that didn't make sense in the beginning too. Seems to be OK now. YEAH!! I'm glad they are rolling this out a little at a time, maybe we'll have fewer bugs that way and the ones we do get can be swatted right back into place quickly!
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 24.10.2014
    This is beginning to smell like a roll back like they did with the machines. I have not gotten horseshoes for all ship events, and thy did say that that would change.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 24.10.2014
    gavinfarms wrote: »
    This is beginning to smell like a roll back like they did with the machines. I have not gotten horseshoes for all ship events, and thy did say that that would change.

I think the only change related to the ship, was to the side tasks you get way back when you first get the ship. They changed the rewards for those tasks to horseshoes now.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 24.10.2014
    Latten/Nafaru:
    I am on the Dutch server NL1.

The text in the Info-ring of the Competition Transporter is in English, while everything else in the game is in Dutch. We would like to see our own language there, too!
    Would you pass this on to the developers plse? THX!
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 24.10.2014
    There is a quest where Lester is challenging you, but picture has a jumping horse. I assume George challenging will have Lester as those pictures were mixed already in teaser.
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 24.10.2014
    So... after the gazillions of farm dollars spent on island we still don't get any back? just different kinds of shoes to upgrade with? this game now has more currencies than I can keep up with.... all located in different places, its getting very confusing & messy!
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 24.10.2014
    When is the last day for the island itself? Isn't there like a two day grace period from when the island ends to when you can buy seeds anymore??

if u click on the green truck, u can see how many days left to buy seeds..it says 4 days..while from the 'island ranking menu', it says 2 days left for the island..
    Yakoska wrote: »
    Reg seeds are, in my opinion, a waste of time. In terms of cost... shells to output, there is no difference in ratio (okay VERY small difference). But in comparison of fruit produced to time, SS's are WAY WAY WAY faster. There is no reason to buy regular tropical seeds (Again in my opinion) until you literally can't afford Special Seeds. Even being online 16 hours every day, you will have difficulty keeping up with the ship demands with regular seeds.

-Y

from my calculation, special seeds even give (a bit)better output and cheaper too..

eg:
    FOR LIMES-

greenhouse level 3;
    RS>1100 per seeds>20 limes
    SS>25000 per seeds>455 limes
    25000/1100x20=454.54545 limes

greenhouse level 7;
    RS>1100 per seeds>24 limes
    SS>25000 per seeds>553 limes
    25000/1100x24=545.45455 limes

but idk if i miscalculate..
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 24.10.2014
    Yakoska wrote: »
    I 'Highly' recommend the following ratio of SS Tropical Fruit seeds: 33 Limes/16 Grapefruits/10 Pineapples/4 Melons. This ratio takes into account both the amount asked for by the ship each trip AND the amount of fruit produced in the Greenhouse for each seed.

-Y

That's about the ratio (but for normal seeds) I used last time. Larino recommends 20/20/30/30 percent though, which I'm doing this time, as the lime rewards were so measly.

ETA: BTW there's a timer showing clearly that the trader will leave in 4 days this time, 2 days after the island event ends.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 24.10.2014
    Max9993 wrote: »
    Right we are off! But where is the animation. Even the donkeys and goats move. Or is endurance training a test to see how long the horse will stand still. :)

There will be animation eventually, just not with this update yet :)
  • awerickawerick Posts: 40
    edited 24.10.2014
    Her's my little bit of complaining about the recent updates that are allegedly good. The complaining is a bout profit, and GGS probably knows this already, but I haven't seen any posts on it, so here I go.

Before the ship

There was barely any profit and my farms struggled. The co-op couldn't grow, and I was ready to quit this impossible and boring game.

Ship version 1

Amazing! I could earn close to a million a day, which wasn't enough, but the game was possible. It also added the fun challenge of trying to complete the ship. It was perfect, an I was ready to think that it was a genuinely good update from the GGS that was perfect.

The island farm, greenhouse, and hose ranch

But of course it wasn't. Now the ship produced 80% less profit for me. However, the island farm was fun. But it had a fatal flaw. It used up all our money and construction slots, since we got less profit. However, we got seashells for greenhouse seeds to fill up the ship and complete a task, plus they gave a lot of horseshoes. The island farm is easily fixed. Give us a separate construction slot for it. Now, you're probably thinking, whoa, we manage the other three farms on one slot, can't we manage the fourth. No. We have unlimited time for the three farms, while only 30 days for the island farm that we are forced to do to get good profit. which mean no time to upgrade our regular farms to get more profit. This is why the profit is horrid now. Less money from the ship means less money for the island farm which means less seashells from the island farm which means less seeds for the greenhouse which means less fruit from the greenhouse which means less greenhouse fruit for the ship which means less full ships which means the ship comes less which means less money from the ship. The profit has been thrown into a ditch. So, we get horseshoes from all this, but the horse ranch isn't profitable either. You say it will come though in another update, but i'm gonna say my expectations. We need as much money from the ship and horse ranch now as we ha from the ship before. Otherwise i'll probably quit, or maybe if it takes too long. Now for a compliment. All this is wonderful because it made the game more fun!
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 24.10.2014
    When I think of all the farm dollars wasted to convert to island dollars, and all the time wasted to earn seashells, and all the seashells wasted to get horseshoes, which in the end give me a bunch of feed I don't need, "fun" isn't the word that comes to mind.
    edited 24.10.2014
    Aphasia wrote: »
    When I think of all the farm dollars wasted to convert to island dollars, and all the time wasted to earn seashells, and all the seashells wasted to get horseshoes, which in the end give me a bunch of feed I don't need, "fun" isn't the word that comes to mind.

True... but actually building up the farm and getting the greenhouse fruits to complete the ship is fun.... but very unprofitable.
  • edited 24.10.2014
    Okay, I put on my big farmer boots and jumped into the dung pile. I started the horse ranch. Nothing horrid happened. I named my horse for free (thought the rename would cost gold), did a bunch of training (which did not interfere with my cow shed upgrade) and did a few competitions (thank the heavens for the skip button on the cheesy storyline, which DID NOT cost gold).

I upgraded the ring and the arena. Four hours was not bad. I have waited more than 20 hours for some upgrades.

What I did find disappointing were the rewards. Very low XP (10, 20..Really??) and literally being rewarded with chicken feed, and small amounts at that. Hopefully this will improve over time. Because for all I spent to get those horseshoes from the island, that is some VERY expensive chicken feed.

Like the island, I am not terribly excited about the new upgrade. All in all, it is another thing to do, another layer to work on overall strategy with. But I agree that profits have been thrown in the ditch. In giving us more, we actually are getting less.

Moonshine1962
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 24.10.2014
    What I did find disappointing were the rewards. Very low XP (10, 20..Really??) and literally being rewarded with chicken feed, and small amounts at that. Hopefully this will improve over time. Because for all I spent to get those horseshoes from the island, that is some VERY expensive chicken feed.

Moonshine1962

I think I read somewhere that the Ranch is going to open somewhere around level 16, so my guess would be that the early stage rewards we are seeing are aimed at people getting these tasks for the first time at that level.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 24.10.2014
    Latten, in future updates for the horse ranch, will we be able to view the ranch and horses of other players? :huh:

Yes, that's definitively a planned feature.
    edited 24.10.2014
    Latten, two questions.

When will we profit from the ranch?
    will we be able to race other people?
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 24.10.2014
    bigpapa12 wrote: »
    just look at yours. It is the same, unless your horse is training then there is just a horse standing there no biggie

Your avatar cracks me up...Couldn't stop laughing. Thanks.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 24.10.2014
    Naming my horse "Chat-breaker"....
    edited 24.10.2014
    Naming my horse "Chat-breaker"....

lol....................
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 24.10.2014
    awerick wrote: »
    Her's my little bit of complaining about the recent updates that are allegedly good. The complaining is a bout profit, and GGS probably knows this already, but I haven't seen any posts on it, so here I go.

The island farm, greenhouse, and hose ranch

But of course it wasn't. Now the ship produced 80% less profit for me. However, the island farm was fun. But it had a fatal flaw. It used up all our money and construction slots, since we got less profit. However, we got seashells for greenhouse seeds to fill up the ship and complete a task, plus they gave a lot of horseshoes. The island farm is easily fixed. Give us a separate construction slot for it. Now, you're probably thinking, whoa, we manage the other three farms on one slot, can't we manage the fourth. No. We have unlimited time for the three farms, while only 30 days for the island farm that we are forced to do to get good profit. which mean no time to upgrade our regular farms to get more profit. This is why the profit is horrid now. Less money from the ship means less money for the island farm which means less seashells from the island farm which means less seeds for the greenhouse which means less fruit from the greenhouse which means less greenhouse fruit for the ship which means less full ships which means the ship comes less which means less money from the ship. The profit has been thrown into a ditch. So, we get horseshoes from all this, but the horse ranch isn't profitable either. You say it will come though in another update, but i'm gonna say my expectations. We need as much money from the ship and horse ranch now as we ha from the ship before. Otherwise i'll probably quit, or maybe if it takes too long. Now for a compliment. All this is wonderful because it made the game more fun!

So as for the construction slot I completely agree and now that the horse ranch is here they ask 2 b upgraded 2 and I think that 2 should have it's own construction slot it isn't right that these "new environments" keep taking up the ever so precious construction slot. if they want everything 2 b upgraded then either 1 make the build time much less or 2 just add another building slot. In addition, the amount of fertilizer for the island is impossible 2 keep up with I can understand that requiring more fertilizer for the orchards that take longer on the farm but why can it not stay similar 2 the main orchards 10 fertilizer for the mangoes 30 for the coconuts and 50 for the bananas. I think that sounds fair what does everyone else think???
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 24.10.2014
    Still waiting on monday to do horse ranch
  • awerick2awerick2 Posts: 356
    edited 24.10.2014
    So as for the construction slot I completely agree and now that the horse ranch is here they ask 2 b upgraded 2 and I think that 2 should have it's own construction slot it isn't right that these "new environments" keep taking up the ever so precious construction slot. if they want everything 2 b upgraded then either 1 make the build time much less or 2 just add another building slot. In addition, the amount of fertilizer for the island is impossible 2 keep up with I can understand that requiring more fertilizer for the orchards that take longer on the farm but why can it not stay similar 2 the main orchards 10 fertilizer for the mangoes 30 for the coconuts and 50 for the bananas. I think that sounds fair what does everyone else think???

Agreed, maybe a slot, for first three farms, island farm, and farm environment. I haven't really been playing the island farm, but in my opinion any cost of fertilizer over 30 per orchard is insane and too much. There are flaws in your calculations GGS. We farmers are drowning in these updates.
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 24.10.2014
    awerick2 wrote: »
    Agreed, maybe a slot, for first three farms, island farm, and farm environment. I haven't really been playing the island farm, but in my opinion any cost of fertilizer over 30 per orchard is insane and too much. There are flaws in your calculations GGS. We farmers are drowning in these updates.

I couldn't have said it better myself we ARE DROWNING in all of these updates and the island does cost 2 much and it can't be self sufficient hence why I now call the transfers "donations" cause you don't see anything back from that money except for a few small decorations that you only get with an absolutely absurd amount of shells earned. I managed to get a the lower 2 of the earn this many shells and get this but the rest is ridiculous 20 million shells come on that is IMPOSSIBLE for most everyone and then it gets even more ridiculous by going to requiring the player 2 get 50 million then even more crazy 90 MILLION. Here comes the best part only 5 people out of the millions that play get the special gifts that is just a pure joke. It should be the top 1,000 people that get the good prizes considering there are about 14,000 players (on the us server) that are playing the island to say 5 is just mean.

Please understand my strong suit is not grammar so please look past the gramatical area's 2 see the message that is there. :D
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 24.10.2014
    Aphasia wrote: »

I agree! Having had time to play the horse ranch I must say its a bitterly disappointing update. The "horse" itself looks like a barbie pony, the competitions are basically rose rambling on for 3 sentences with a winner announced at the end.....B O R I N G! Chook, pig, and cowfeed as a reward for upgrading?? Seriously guys! That would hardly benefit a low ranked player let alone someone in the 100+ level. There might be more exciting things in the ranch as you advance through the levels but at this stage i'm not seeing it. Personally id rather use my island, ship, and greenhouse for something more beneficial (collectible boosters for example) than a kiddy version of a horse ranch

On a positive note the island has grown on me and given players the opportunity to develop strategies to complete the stages without too much farmdollar wastage.
Sign In to comment.