Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Teaser: The Horse Ranch - Discussion

Comments

• QuashawnQuashawn Posts: 3
    edited 14.10.2014
    wait one miuntue hold the phone you guy we do really need real anwers like come on don't lie to us mates jk but be for real we do truly need real facts not lies
  • Gallina (DE1)Gallina (DE1) DE1 Posts: 180
    edited 14.10.2014
    I agree Dara, what we really need are straight answers and not cryptic messages. It only creates a fog of confusion for players and sets the stage for rumors.

I have been playing now for one an a half years on the German server. My experience with GGS is: they love to be cryptic, the new features are mostly for gold players and they add two new bugs when they try to eliminate one. I therefore do not expect anything anymore, just wait an see - and quit the game if I find that the horse ranch is too expensive.

In fact, this is not a farm game anymore. Who knows a farm with any of the decorations you can get in the events??? Who has a library next to his farm in his real life??? And which farmer cannot buy the products he wants (as long as he has got enough money)???

I hope that Big Farm will not have the same destiny as good old Farmer...
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 14.10.2014
    Sounds interesting. :) But "fusing" horses... are we talking horse breeding (have 2, breed, get one more to make 3 with traits from both parents) or are we talking some kind of genetically modified supernatural mutation thing? Maybe that UFO will come back, shine a beam down onto the horses and somehow "squeeze" them together into one mutant-horse! lol ;)

Seriously, though - are we going to end up losing a couple of horses that we've spend time and dollars (and gold, for some) just to get some type of super-horse? I don't want to lose horses... :'( I like them as they are. Have to wait and see, I guess. :)
  • kaydidit (US1)kaydidit (US1) Posts: 36
    edited 14.10.2014
    I really hope this addition comes about without a huge number of glitches. I also wish the game was more realistic as a farm, but alas it is the best I have found so far.
  • barbcwy (US1)barbcwy (US1) Posts: 38
    edited 14.10.2014
    While I am anxious to get the horses, I am willing to wait as long as it takes to ensure the bugs are worked out.
    It sounds like this will be a much longer event than the island I hope.
    Looking forward to this new addition.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 15.10.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    Hopefully GGS provides instructions with the horsefarm so we will know what is the correct way to play it.

LOL you'd just better plan to GROW all your horse feed (since who knows if you'll be able to BUY any!) -

... because, you know, that's what all of the big stables do. (Not!)
  • edited 15.10.2014
    Well these prizes we are supposed to be winning...are they gigantic decorations like the island ones? There is no reason to even try for prizes if they are huge like that. Give me a real prize, worth something, and sure I'll play the horse ranch. Hey maybe all of those horseshoes can give me a gold license in the end, great prize idea (just dreaming, I know that would never happen).

I could care less what Rose is wearing, it is a game!! If this was real life it would be one thing, but this is just a game. Just because she trains horses, etc, doesn't mean she is always dressed like a trainer. Maybe she has a life outside the stables? Maybe she gets changed before going into work with the horses? It is a nice outfit and she looks just fine in my opinion.
  • Tdd7Tdd7 Posts: 34
    edited 15.10.2014
    Is the ranch still scheduled to arrive before the end of the year?
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 15.10.2014
    As far as anyone knows yes, it is supposed to be implemented this year
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 15.10.2014
    What I mean is that with everyone happy and distracted with the horse farm, it would be an ideal time for them to make a fundamental and unpopular change in the game. Being unable to buy products immediately comes to mind. Some of you might wonder why I always think the worst. Well, after the Oct. 8th update that so devastated our fellow Italian and Portugeuse Big Farmers, can you blame me?

No, I don't blame you at all. Its their "Track record". Also, gouge all the last dregs of gold possible, in the excitement to "dressage" up the books before the public floatation: that will be the attitude. This teaser just builds the anticipation. They are clever, but I believe that its questionable morality.

Fuse is a polite way of saying kill. Guess the old ones are sent to the e-glue factory. So I am adding two faced to my list of annoyances, after all the refusing of GG$ to intoduce bacon into the game.

Please message me too with the name of the other game. Odd how we are meant to be competitive in missions, but GG$ won't take any competiton by allowing naming of other games.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 15.10.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    I hate teasers. Why they never give us a facts? Really, many players are waiting for horses, but i'm afraid it's going to be a same kind of "money black hole" like the island.... Hope not

But please, give us a real facts, not just hints.

There will be way more facts in the next patch notes :)
    Kelly1028 wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. :) But "fusing" horses... are we talking horse breeding (have 2, breed, get one more to make 3 with traits from both parents) or are we talking some kind of genetically modified supernatural mutation thing? Maybe that UFO will come back, shine a beam down onto the horses and somehow "squeeze" them together into one mutant-horse! lol ;)

Seriously, though - are we going to end up losing a couple of horses that we've spend time and dollars (and gold, for some) just to get some type of super-horse? I don't want to lose horses... :'( I like them as they are. Have to wait and see, I guess. :)

"Fusing" is the word we're using right now, this might very well change to "breeding" along the way. Generally, you will use 2 different horses to create one new one, and the two horses won't be available anymore. No supernatural mutations, it's just a word we use for it.
    Tdd7 wrote: »
    Is the ranch still scheduled to arrive before the end of the year?

It's scheduled to arrive in the next update even! That's why we wanted to give you a quick teaser in advance to our regular patchnotes next week.
  • rick1558 (US1)rick1558 (US1) Posts: 17
    edited 15.10.2014
    Great news Latten, thanks for the updates. Keep up the great work!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.10.2014
    Thanks Latten! Love the teasers (up untill now everything clear to all our coop-members), but we love the suspension/surprise, too! And looking forward to the horse paddock to come! :D
  • Maryann57 (US1)Maryann57 (US1) Posts: 90
    edited 15.10.2014
    I'm looking forward to the Horse Ranch. A lot of bad talk over Rose. She looks fine to me, I'm sure she'll have jeans to ride her horse when needed. Not enough women wear dresses anymore. I understand why you used the word fused in horse breeding for the game. Take 2 horses to make one in a game it's not breeding, because they're not real LOL In the game world fusing is the right word. Happy Farming!!!!!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 16.10.2014
    Not enough women wear dresses anymore.

Gee, I can't imagine why. /sarcasm

Can we keep the value judgments where they belong (barefoot & pregnant in the kitchen, LOL)... :rolleyes:
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 16.10.2014
    Thanks, Latten. :) I know it wouldn't be supernatural (despite the already-existing UFO lol) but just wasn't sure what "fusing" actually meant since it's not a word that's usually associated with animals, whereas "breeding" usually is. ;):) It's too bad that we still lose the original horses, but I guess that's the way things go.

Maryann572 - I definitely get what you're saying, and you're right, it's just a game - but technically it's still breeding. :) Use two (pixel) adults (mom and dad, let's say), get a third "pixel" (baby, we'll call it) and, well... that's breeding, whether it's pixels or not lol. ;) "Fusing" is more scientific, as you fuse wires together, for example (or your house has a fuse box, full of electronics and wires), and that's probably why it's a bit of a confusing choice for a word in relation to animals. :) I guess as long as there's no mention of a slaughterhouse, it's all good lol. :)
    edited 16.10.2014
    Kelly1028 wrote: »
    Thanks, Latten. :) I know it wouldn't be supernatural (despite the already-existing UFO lol) but just wasn't sure what "fusing" actually meant since it's not a word that's usually associated with animals, whereas "breeding" usually is. ;):) It's too bad that we still lose the original horses, but I guess that's the way things go.

Yeah, "fusing" will most probably turn out as "breeding" in the end, we'll see :)
  • samson7 (IN1)samson7 (IN1) Posts: 12
    edited 17.10.2014
    but when will it be avalible?(
  • JoshuafarmerJoshuafarmer Posts: 1
    edited 17.10.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Some more information about the upcoming Horse Ranch :) Expect more with the next patch notes!
    How do I get it ?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 17.10.2014
    samson7
    It will probably get operational in one of the next updates (it is expected within a fortnight now).

Joshuafarmer
    When the paddock is operational you can work there with your horseshoes (which you get from the ship when exchanging them for tropical fruits). How and where for the horseshoes are needed, we still don't know. Your guess is as good as ours.

(Operating the island gives you shells > shells you can trade at Benny Buddlers Green truck for tropical seeds > these seeds you can grow in the Greenhouse into tropical fruits > these fruits you can exchange with Captain Barnacle (ship) for horseshoes)

Advice:
    Read the Official Announcements as wel as all posts from Latten & Nafaru in the forum and you will find all available information.
  • rata22rata22 Posts: 49
    edited 17.10.2014
    The only thing I found wrong with the the new farm owner was her belt buckle. It's bad luck to have a horseshoe that way. You want it the other way so you can pour out all your good fortune. :S
    edited 17.10.2014
    Jieste, the Board moderater said we will also need shells for the Horse Paddock. I do not know if this is true but have you heard anything like that?
    edited 17.10.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    Jieste, the Board moderater said we will also need shells for the Horse Paddock. I do not know if this is true but have you heard anything like that?

Indirectly! You'll need shells for the Shell trader to get seeds for the greenhouse, which in return help you with the ship. And from the ship, you'll get horseshoes, which will help you on the horse ranch :)
    edited 17.10.2014
    That is what i thought but the way he made it sounds was directly, i am using the island farm but only for shells, and am doing a decent joib of it, but i thought maybe i was doing it ioncorerectly and needed to save the shellls and not purchase seeds with some of them
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 18.10.2014
    We don't need shells to get horseshoes, it just means we can get them a lot faster. Without greenhouse seeds, we still get horseshoes from the ship, but a lot less, and only once every 12 hours instead of 6.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 19.10.2014
    I think it sounds totally awesome and I look forward to it very much!

Only thing I find a pity is the 'fusing' of horses. I don't want to lose my horses to get a new one. I want a pappa horse, a mamma horse and cute little fillies :)
    edited 19.10.2014
    I am planning on bringing up a quarter horse if i can, we had to put away ours because of swamp fever. His name was Pappy and he was around 19 years old
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 19.10.2014
    Pretty sure the belt buckle is the correct way. To hold the luck in, and not lose it.

-Y
  • sjottisjotti Posts: 2
    edited 20.10.2014
    Can anybody tell me WHEN the horse ranch is opening? I'v been vaiting for ever..hmmm
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 20.10.2014
    sjotti wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me WHEN the horse ranch is opening? I'v been vaiting for ever..hmmm

Soon, very soon ;) Just keep an eye out for the official announcements.
Sign In to comment.