Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Teaser: The Horse Ranch - Discussion

Some more information about the upcoming Horse Ranch :) Expect more with the next patch notes!
Post edited by Latten (DE1) on

Comments

• edited 14.10.2014
    Arent the pictures against Lester and George the wrong way round?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 14.10.2014
    Arent the pictures against Lester and George the wrong way round?

LOL I was just gonna say the same thing...They swapped horses hehe 8o

Aside from that, GREAT NEWS!!! - Will the amount of training we can do depend on how many horseshoes we have?
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.10.2014
    "Earn prices and fame, have fun by raising and training your own horse..."

it is "prizes" i assume?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 14.10.2014
    LOL I was just gonna say the same thing...They swapped horses hehe 8o

Aside from that, GREAT NEWS!!! - Will the amount of training we can do depend on how many horseshoes we have?

Horseshoes will factor into stuff you'll do on the ranch, yeah :) More information on that with the next patch notes.
    Griffith wrote: »
    "Earn prices and fame, have fun by raising and training your own horse..."

it is "prizes" i assume?

Of course it is, thanks!
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 14.10.2014
    Well I like the teaser. Of course I have been teased forever by the 'coming next' sign in pop up. Looking forwards to it!

-Y
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 14.10.2014
    Yes reminds me of when we were teased for MONTHS with the Dog and then weeks after with BUGS being fixed...hope the TEAM has learn from these set backs...wish them all the luck bringing this update in on time and with as few bugs as possible...wonder if it wouldn't pay to have a smaller server test the ranch before it is placed into the whole Big Farm family??? Be safe and get your pitch forks ready to pitch horsey pooo....
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 14.10.2014
    I feel sorry for the poor lass having to ride in a such a short, flimsy skirt - rather her than me!! :D
  • GuestCmiller32 (US1)GuestCmiller32 (US1) US1 Posts: 79
    edited 14.10.2014
    I want a horse to run the barrels
  • birdworld (US1)birdworld (US1) Posts: 63
    edited 14.10.2014
    I agree. Rose's attire is completely absurd. Dressage helmet, western boots, bandana, and the real kicker - a DRESS. If she is supposed to be a trainer, please dress her like she knows what she is doing. I wouldn't hire a trainer in that getup.
  • YINPlayer2YINPlayer2 Posts: 231
    edited 14.10.2014
    ooohhhh~ i can't wait for it !! when the HORSE RANCH is coming ? this week or next week ???(
  • Peggyegg (GB1)Peggyegg (GB1) GB1 Posts: 67
    edited 14.10.2014
    Penfold wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the poor lass having to ride in a such a short, flimsy skirt - rather her than me!! :D

Hi Penfold

I think that Rose is wearing a trendy pair of designer Lederhosen under her skirt, trimmed with Scarlett ribbon and black lace. The leather may match her jaunty boots.

I did hear a rumour that Rose was formally known as Ross and played in a famous Oompah band. No idea how true it is. I look forward to see her horses performing dressage with that sense of rhythm....

Stay safe & Happy farming xx

Peggyegg
  • edited 14.10.2014
    I like the new info about the horse ranch!
    But, fusing horses, just is not setting right with me!! Guess I'm too much of an old fashioned horse gal! Extra training, advanced training, breeding and lots of Tender Loving Care, would still seem to make more sense to me! I like the old ways and love my horses. The very idea of fusing my horses just makes me sick! Would be like destroying a good friend, or giving up on them. What will happen to my beloved horses personality when they are fused? Guess it must be some new Alien technology.
    I see the comments about Rose's dress and other equipment and I agree. I couldn't ride in that dress either! Must have caught her at a bad time! Certainly does not represent a great trainer. I bet she is upset and embarrassed!!! Whoever approved that photo for publication, must not want her to succeed with her new ranch, new clients, etc.! Sad, because I've heard she is a great trainer too. I hope she gets some good appropriate photos out as we work on the ranch together. There are a LOT of very knowledgeable horse folks out here!
    Well, have to get my farms under control, so I can make some time and try to help her out and see what happens! Back to work!
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 14.10.2014
    birdworld2 wrote: »
    I agree. Rose's attire is completely absurd. Dressage helmet, western boots, bandana, and the real kicker - a DRESS. If she is supposed to be a trainer, please dress her like she knows what she is doing. I wouldn't hire a trainer in that getup.

Once again, GGS doesn't know a thing about what they are doing :D
    A little research would have been appropriate, but I guess they don't have time for details like this.. They are busy with the incoming statistics from Italy and Brazil :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 14.10.2014
    I just find myself LOLing that with Germany's history of excellence in dressage and jumping (and also horse racing) that as pointed out above, not much of that is reflected in either the graphics of the horses or the riders' clothes.

Yeah, it's a game, but really?? You couldn't take two minutes and go for a little realism? (Not to mention that "lasso" and "ranch" imply more Western style riding, which isn't evident in the teaser, but whatever.)

Oh well, I guess we'll see.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 14.10.2014
    I just think barring an all out carnival type atmosphere, they shuld be able to take license and do their own thing, now, i understand that it will not please everyone and be as realistic as we like, but it also has not been started, until then I will give them time to make it as fun to play and as realistic as they can
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 14.10.2014
    Oh, dear, this game is starting to turn into a circus... I did quit one after three years of playing, now it looks like only after ten months I will have to pack up again and go in search of a proper farming game... Any hints, people?

Edit by PINJO: removed the name of another farm game
    edited 14.10.2014
    If you do let people know, if not by forum, by message
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 14.10.2014
    Hopefully GGS provides instructions with the horsefarm so we will know what is the correct way to play it.

I would hate to spend money/gold on an unintended horse.
    edited 14.10.2014
    The farm is going to be like anything else here, the ways to learn are initially by their post, next trial and error, then by forum. Hopefully there are good posts in the forum
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 14.10.2014
    I think that Rose would have looked better in jeans and a shirt, not a dress. But doesn't she look a lot like one of the twins? Sorry but she looks to manly in the face to me. Is the twins her brothers? Is this her Halloween costume?

So all this time we have been collecting horseshoes to have a trainer or to help a trainer who looks as if shes going to a costume party. Well I hope she has more to offer cause at this point I'm not impressed at all, especially since I haven't seen any mention of us earning money. Competitions........ we are already have missions I don't need any more competitions.

"Introducing Rose McLundy, our brand new character, who will introduce you to the new horse ranch. Help her to get the old horse paddock back to shape, and retrain her own horse, which has to deal with a mean strain. Rose is in her early twenties, but she knows exactly what she wants. She loves horses, and so she put all her efforts into rebuilding the abandoned horse ranch near the farm. Since she has a lot of knowledge about horses, but needs some help when it comes to actually managing a business, Rose needs your help to make the best out of the old ranch. "

Does she look like she knows anything about horses? But I'm supposed to help her rebuild the ranch? Whose going to help her look more like a horse trainer? I hope that she is able to help support the ranch as well because we will need money/feed/water/medications and accessories for our horses and from the looks of it she is just for decoration at this point.
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 14.10.2014
    ok........ WHEN?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 14.10.2014
    I only hope that the introduction of the horse farm will not be used as a smokescreen to slip the "not able to buy products" change into the game. :S
    edited 14.10.2014
    What do you mean?
    edited 14.10.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

What I mean is that with everyone happy and distracted with the horse farm, it would be an ideal time for them to make a fundamental and unpopular change in the game. Being unable to buy products immediately comes to mind. Some of you might wonder why I always think the worst. Well, after the Oct. 8th update that so devastated our fellow Italian and Portugeuse Big Farmers, can you blame me?
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 14.10.2014
    Farmerjohn- good point I was thinking the same thing when I first read the announcement. Thinking that this will pacify us and get us excited and then drop something on us or change something else to cause another uproar.
    edited 14.10.2014
    ok, was not really sure what you meant. I know i am going to hold off going to it for at least 3 or 4 days so i can have a plan on how to do it using forum posts
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.10.2014
    I hate teasers. Why they never give us a facts? Really, many players are waiting for horses, but i'm afraid it's going to be a same kind of "money black hole" like the island.... Hope not

But please, give us a real facts, not just hints.
    edited 14.10.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    please, give us a real facts, not just hints.

I agree Dara, what we really need are straight answers and not cryptic messages. It only creates a fog of confusion for players and sets the stage for rumors.
  • mollya3mollya3 Posts: 25
    edited 14.10.2014
    Howdy,

It all sounds wonderful and exciting to me. I just hope we can finally earn back some of the millions and millions of dollars we spent on the island to earn shells, grow seeds, fill the ship and earn horseshoes. Its been a long haul - can't wait to play with the horses.
  • QuashawnQuashawn Posts: 3
    edited 14.10.2014
    well um! I kind of agree with you there but I kind of don't it depends on how many wroks you have I mean come anyone should know that ps. any questons or coments contact the expert Quashawn you no message me and stuff alright thanks I love all my people ?(:rolleyes::D;)8)! thanks you guys
Sign In to comment.