Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 8th - Nothing to see here, move along - Discussion

Comments

• Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 10.10.2014
    Seems GGS needs to get their act together. Wow what a mess.

EDIT: whatever happened to the surprise we were suppose to keep our eyes peeled for, the weekend of the BIG mess with the tractor update? Another lie?
  • vecko (GB1)vecko (GB1) Posts: 21
    edited 10.10.2014
    i started to buy a lot of things just lately...even tho i dont need them lol:p
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 10.10.2014
    Have been to the Brazilian forum and - even taking Google translate into account - they have basically been told that they will have to demolish stables etc in order to make room for more fields. In other words, 'thank you for buying all the houses with gold to house the workers you will no longer need when you only have fields'. If we have to have more fields in order to comply with the GGS ruling, will we also be 'allowed' to have more barns to store the extra crops. Oh silly me - the answer will probably be 'yes, as long as they are the gold purchase ones'.

edited: just had a thought. In one post it was hinted that there would be a new buying/selling option (maybe a market). Surely the people who use their farms as factory farms will just use the market to buy the crops they need, the way that they purchase them at this moment in time. Or am I just being cynical?
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 10.10.2014
    I have to say I am absolutely astonished. In all my gaming years (and there have been many) I have never, ever seen any gaming company use entire servers filled with unsuspecting players as their beta testers.
    These people are your fans and paying customers, and this is how you show respect? By testing them to see how they will react, what buildings they will be forced to demolish?
    And what then? Once they adapt to the change and create a new strategy (if they actually keep playing, that is) you will change the rules again?
    Unbelievable.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 10.10.2014
    Well, i visited the italian forum and the posts of disapproval are the majority. What i found and would like to share is that not only italian players can't buy products with dollars , but also they can't buy exotic seeds !!!! A bug maybe ,but what ....an irony !

An answer from a CM:
    The team was able to confirm that this situation will be temporary and will not be extended to other servers, but will be replaced in the future by a more advanced system. My colleagues are also indicating that the situation is expected to change later this year.

;(
  • EBolar (AU1)EBolar (AU1) Posts: 4
    edited 11.10.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    Yes it's a strategy game. Choosing to buy goods sometimes is a strategy. High level Big Farmers in my my co-op are already quitting their Big Farm because of disillusion with the new farm environment and the island. The drip, drip current loss of farmers will become a flood if this is truly implemented

I have hope though. This is a trial. I'm convinced the trial will be a miserable failure and we will be able to continue to use the strategies we choose to use

The problem is that people have invested in the way things currently are and dont tend to like change.

Adaptability can be part of the strategy. I will be evaluating the changes on the basis of would I play it from scratch and what can I do to exploit the new rules.

What is the cost of change here vs starting fresh with another game.

Yeah its a bummer that they test and learn on production servers, however they are not the only ones. Typically though companies have a set of friendly customers that they do this with.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 11.10.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    The buttons will be back when the test is over, and they'll stay at least until the new feature is done after that. Depending on the details of said feature, the buttons will be removed for all players when the new feature (let's call it a "market") arrives, but only then, and there will be an alternative to buy and sell stuff.
    We don't know yet for how long the test will run, but "until the end of the year" is a good (and rough) estimation. It will probably be November/December.

Wow. Just... WOW.

Just when I think the idiocy can't possibly be worse... So let me get this straight.

1. You decide to test ON LIVE SERVERS,
    2. A "feature" YOU ADMIT that you KNOW PLAYERS WILL HATE,
    3. And YOU DON'T CARE THAT THEY HATE IT,
    4. And you plan to make them continue to suffer the burden FOR TWO MORE MONTHS,

...and you apparently don't see why OTHER PLAYERS on OTHER SERVERS might be upset too??? It has NOTHING to do with anyone trying to "rile" people up - YOU ARE THE ONES DOING THE RILING!!!!

Great googly moogly, what terrible decision making and completely inept customer service. And I can be upset for fellow players being subjected to it, thanks.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 11.10.2014
    To show my solidarity with my fellow farmers on the Brazilian and Italian servers, I will not be playing the game for as long as this fail of a test runs, and if buying products with farm dollars is removed from the game, I'll be quitting permanently.
    Para mostrar a minha solidariedade para com os meus colegas agricultores nos servidores brasileiros e italianos , eu não vou estar jogando o jogo durante o tempo que esta falha de um teste é executado , e se a compra de produtos com dólares fazenda é removido do jogo , eu estarei parar permanentemente.
    Per mostrare la mia solidarietà con i miei colleghi agricoltori sui server brasiliane e italiane , non sarò il gioco per tutto il tempo questo sicuro di un esecuzioni dei test , e se l'acquisto di prodotti agricoli con i dollari viene rimossa dal gioco , sarò smettere definitivamente .
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 11.10.2014
    And I can be upset for fellow players

We all can be upset for fellow players!!!
    I am, really upset!!!!
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 11.10.2014
    Since I first started playing this game there has been so many changes and disappointments in the game that many of the players I started with have left and moved on to other games. For the first time in a while I've dropped down to the bottom of the forum page and was shocked in the number of active players listed...I can remember (I find it hard to remember what I had for dinner yesterday) that there were over 300,000 + active members as I am sure many of you can remember. Now there are 88.000 + active members...I am not sure how GGS gets these numbers, but even I can see there is a vast drop in the stats. WHEN IN THE WORLD are these PEOPLE going to realize THEY CAN NOT KEEP DOING BUSINESS this way and keep the game WE LOVED alive. PLEASE GGS rethink this newest misguided idea and let the PLAYERS play OUR GAME not the way YOU WANT IT PLAYED, but as PAYING CUSTOMERS should be allowed to play. Be safe and please be kind to each other.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 11.10.2014
    I can only guess that the developers need X amount of "No-buying" data to compare with the loads of "Buying" data in order to make this new "Market/whatever" feature work? Aside from being unfair, it does seem a bit callous even then.

-Y
  • roadrunnernm3roadrunnernm3 Posts: 29
    edited 11.10.2014
    How is showing compassion and concern for our fellow BF players on the testing servers "insulting" or "riling" them up? I think any of those players who read this forum will appreciate that we feel just as strongly as they do that this is a bad idea. I have yet to read any post here that is insulting or derogatory in any way to any other player be they Italian, Hungarian, or Brazilian. Rather it is just the opposite.... the feelings expressed here are in solidarity with their protests and frustration.
    Once again a poor choice of wording.....

Sono Italiano, patrimonio e quindi a tutti i miei connazionali mi dispiace per il disagio che si sta vivendo tutto con il gioco e il nuovo "test"!
  • mystie71mystie71 Posts: 59
    edited 11.10.2014
    I feel horrible for our other Big Farm Game Servers!! i am sorry this has happened to u..at least we here at the english server have been given some notice,,YES ggs will change the BUY option!! prolly after christmas:( so all the $ and gold we have spent to build our farms to our co-op strategy is down the toilet! GOTTCHA!! all the $ and gold we spent after last g-farm update,,down the toilet! GOTTCHA!! all the $ and gold spent around the ship and island and greenhouse,,down the toilet!! GOTTCHA!!,not to mention the hard work and effort and time many of us give this game,,,hmmm id be careful,,my big farm game may end up in the toilet too!!;(
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 13.10.2014
    mystie71 wrote: »
    I feel horrible for our other Big Farm Game Servers!! i am sorry this has happened to u..at least we here at the english server have been given some notice,,YES ggs will change the BUY option!! prolly after christmas:( so all the $ and gold we have spent to build our farms to our co-op strategy is down the toilet! GOTTCHA!! all the $ and gold we spent after last g-farm update,,down the toilet! GOTTCHA!! all the $ and gold spent around the ship and island and greenhouse,,down the toilet!! GOTTCHA!!,not to mention the hard work and effort and time many of us give this game,,,hmmm id be careful,,my big farm game may end up in the toilet too!!;(

As said before, we're planning to add another, big feature, that will be in place for the current, direct 'buy products' option. There's absolutely no need to assume that any already spent Dollars and gold will be "gone".
  • ingse1ingse1 Posts: 2
    edited 13.10.2014
    When you force us to demolish things we have buildt on our farms and we get 1/2 of the costs back we are loosing the dollars spent, in my world.
    For those of us that was so stupid to spend gold also, the loss is for the total amount.
    There is 85k registered players on the us server at the moment. 34k is on lvl.1-5, 33k is on lvl.6.30 and only 17k has continued to play the game further than lvl 31 . You do not need to be a scientist to see that all is not well in" paradise". The intern that came up with this idea will proberly cost BF a lot of players.
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 13.10.2014
    As said before, we're planning to add another, big feature, that will be in place for the current, direct 'buy products' option. There's absolutely no need to assume that any already spent Dollars and gold will be "gone".

You are planning.. you are planning the horses for a few months now.. How long will you be tormenting those unfortunate Italian and Brazilian players? How is it that you find this to be OK? What kind of morality do you apply here, if any?
    edited 13.10.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    You are planning.. you are planning the horses for a few months now.. How long will you be tormenting those unfortunate Italian and Brazilian players? How is it that you find this to be OK? What kind of morality do you apply here, if any?

Again, as said before, the test will run for 1-2 months, the new market feature will be there shortly after that. I would love to give you exact numbers, but sadly I don't have any just now.
  • Big Bob3Big Bob3 Posts: 53
    edited 13.10.2014
    As a player who has been here from the beginning, I am astounded at the seemingly deliberate moves to ruin this game. I am the proud owner of Max production farms on both the main and gourmet, mostly because GGS said I couldn't play this way. I guess my playing days will soon be over if the ability to buy products is taken away. I work 2 jobs and my wife is on bedrest from a recent surgery. I simply do not have the time nor patience to sit in front of my computer harvesting corn every 5 minutes. Shame on you GGS for building a game that I play strategically then telling me I am playing wrong. Shame on you for using paying customers as beta testers. Shame on me for continuing to play this increasingly boring and tedious game. As Latten so condescendingly said: "move along", that is just what I might do with this game.
    edited 13.10.2014
    Again, as said before, the test will run for 1-2 months, the new market feature will be there shortly after that. I would love to give you exact numbers, but sadly I don't have any just now.

Latten, I know there will be 1-2-3 months... and what a torment it is for them!
    My question was rhetorical. I wonder how do you sleep at night.. or those colleagues of yours, responsible for this unique decision...
    I also wonder how many Italian and Brazilians would stick around to see that market.. Probable only those registered in these months, because any old decent player that owns a spine should be already sailing for new shores...

But than again, you've made your decision and nothing that we say would make any difference... If this lack of respect can still happen in our days, than nothing more can be added to the subject.
  • EstreliciaEstrelicia Posts: 21
    edited 13.10.2014

Meanwhile you will lose a lot of players, mainly because you didn't think about a few "small" details.

Let me explain, this what´s happening in the Brazilian Server(the biggest BF playing community), a lot of players have decided to stop buying gold and worse than that they have decided to stop spending the gold they still had, as direct consequence of this cooperatives have stopped doing projects, because they lack items to complete the projects and their members refuse to use gold to buy them, you may not know but the projects and the cooperatives were what kept many players in game after some of the disastrous updates made this year, it worked like a bond, some players stayed in game cause of the friends they had in their cooperatives and to help their cooperative, and although they played less than before they stayed in game to help their cooperatives to complete the projects, currently a lot of cooperatives stopped doing them, so that bond is being severed and a lot of those players are migrating to other games.

If you add to that some statements made by the Portuguese CM like this one, you have the perfect recipe for disaster

"Entre outras coisas, afinal não é segredo que a GGS se trata de uma empresa e precisa de monetizar os seus produtos. Mas primordialmente será feita uma análise mais complexa que abrangerá o número de cliques feitos nas fazendas em cada funcionalidade, o que será demolido, o que será construído, tempo de jogo, eventos mais ou menos aliciantes, entre muitos outros elementos de jogo - como havia explicado antes esta é uma tentativa de alcançar um equilíbrio real no BF e otimização dos seus processos."

Translation
    "It's no secret that ggs is a company that needs to make money with it's products. This test is a complex analysis of the number o clicks made in the farms for each feature, of what will be demolished and built, of the time spent in game,of which are the most attractive events, and also of other features of the game- it's an attempt to reach real balance in BF and optimize processes."
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 13.10.2014
    Whoever thought this was a good idea, maybe thinking is not one of their stronger points, maybe the same person who thought the "unhappiness" update was a good idea, how many players did we lose out of that.
    edited 14.10.2014
    Alex_mosu wrote: »
    Latten, I know there will be 1-2-3 months... and what a torment it is for them!
    My question was rhetorical. I wonder how do you sleep at night.. or those colleagues of yours, responsible for this unique decision...
    I also wonder how many Italian and Brazilians would stick around to see that market.. Probable only those registered in these months, because any old decent player that owns a spine should be already sailing for new shores...

But than again, you've made your decision and nothing that we say would make any difference... If this lack of respect can still happen in our days, than nothing more can be added to the subject.

Not much to be said that they will listen to, anyway, you are right.

But you know, I logged in to my farm today to see a very nice 140% offer that was very tempting with a balance of regular farm & island farm items.

And if it had come out last week, before all of this came to light about forced testing of an option that NOBODY aside from the click-counters wants in place, I would totally have gone for it and spent my money on gold and bonuses.

Nope. Not today. Not today, not tomorrow, not next week, not next month. NOT UNTIL the forced test ends... and maybe not even then. Who knows what ludicrously illogical decision awaits around the next corner?

It's not rocket science, for Pete's sake. You DON'T NEED to count clicks to find out what people want and don't want. You could, you know, ASK.

Sheesh.

But whatever, you don't care what I think or have to say. So... I don't care to spend my money on your game.

*shrug*
  • cristybr01cristybr01 Posts: 3
    edited 14.10.2014
    As a Brazilian server player I would like to thank you on behalf of more than 108.000 players in our server for all the support this community has shown to us - and Italians and Hungarians - over this GGS unbelievable idea!!!
    How does it feel to log in the game you play for 18 months and find out that an import game feature, pillar of your strategy, has been removed with no advance notice, with no decent explanation at all? (Brazilians were not included in the ”mini update” official announcement due to a “communication mistake” and the others were informed only 2 days ahead!)
    How does it feel to learn that this is happening only in your server and 2 more lucky ones because it is a test that programmers need to run to introduce new features to the game and you have been chosen? (Why us? You got suitable numbers, answers the CM).
    Well, the feeling is that the company decided to turn some of their costumers into guinea pigs so they can study our farming behavior and get feedback on how we adapt to the new rules (this is basically what our CM answered when asked what was the ”test” about). It doesn’t matter if this will mess with what we have built, investing time and real money…
    Results so far: our forum is in a terrible mood…angry, raging and upset people… punishments, banishment, hidden moderators….by the posts and messages spread over the coops I can tell players are divided in two major groups: the one that decided to leave the game and the one that decided to stay to sabotage the test and boycott GGS ...
    So sad…
    edited 14.10.2014
    cristybr01 wrote: »
    Results so far: our forum is in a terrible mood…angry, raging and upset people… punishments, banishment, hidden moderators….by the posts and messages spread over the coops I can tell players are divided in two major groups: the one that decided to leave the game and the one that decided to stay to sabotage the test and boycott GGS ...
    So sad…

That' great!! Sabotage might be the only thing GGS will understand, if they do not listen to reason. So yes, I support you!! :)
    The Italians should sabotage the test as well... ;)
  • drawdemondrawdemon Posts: 3
    edited 14.10.2014
    I think we can buy that through our Golds ! This is one of strategy that GoodGameStudios want to INCREASE their PROFIT !
    edited 14.10.2014
    Again, and I said so before: Feel free to discuss the general matter of pro and cons of the "buy wares" button and how a market would change things, but don't make this a discussion about the Brazilian forums.

Thank you very much.
  • EstreliciaEstrelicia Posts: 21
    edited 14.10.2014
    Again, and I said so before: Feel free to discuss the general matter of pro and cons of the "buy wares" button and how a market would change things, but don't make this a discussion about the Brazilian forums.

Thank you very much.

I think you are missing the real issue here, this isn't about the Brazilian forum or the Brazilian server, it's about what you guys are doing with 3 live servers, using real players that have spent real time and money to progress in game as guinea pigs, I'm giving feedback about the Brazilian one because I have friends there so I have some inside knowledge about it, but it could be any server I would still be against it, because it's just wrong.
    You may say that GGS has the right to do whatever they want with their servers and their games since that's stated in TOS but when you deal with real people most of them adults, you have to be prepared for the consequences, for every action there's a reaction, and the reaction can go beyond BF itself, because many players that are quiting the game have already stated that they won't play any GGS game in the futur.
    edited 14.10.2014
    Estrelicia wrote: »
    I think you are missing the real issue here, this isn't about the Brazilian forum or the Brazilian server, it's about what you guys are doing with 3 live servers, using real players that have spent real time and money to progress in game as guinea pigs, I'm giving feedback about the Brazilian one because I have friends there so I have some inside knowledge about it, but it could be any server I would still be against it, because it's just wrong.
    You may say that GGS has the right to do whatever they want with their servers and their games since that's stated in TOS but when you deal with real people most of them adults, you have to be prepared for the consequences, for every action there's a reaction, and the reaction can go beyond BF itself, because many players that are quiting the game have already stated that they won't play any GGS game in the futur.

This. This this THIS, a million times THIS.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 14.10.2014
    Is censorship next? The server that shall not be named is not to be discussed. LOL.
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 14.10.2014

Thank you very much.

How can we discuss an element of which you/GGS give nothing but veiled hints at? We had to drone on and on at great length before you even hinted at it. Maybe tell us about it and we might discuss it. Just come out with an update post of what you plan and THEN you have the right to say if the thread is veering off course. Come on now, we can talk about something you don't tell us what it is? Think about what you are saying and the hypocracy involved.

Also.... we'd love to make this not about Brazilian and Italy server/forums. Uh, we weren't the ones that used them as a beta test group and made profit off it it, though. Of course we're going to stand here open mouthed wondering how you feel it's right to do that to people. How about stopping it and taking a different path. Give those people the product they paid for as opposed to a product you decided to change in the middle of the meal while eating. Also..... three words.... "WE ARE SORRY". Try it.

Playing games with people's money isn't a safe thing to do. I'm shocked nobody on those servers and this one doesn't make a new game of thier own and do it right back by not buying gold anymore. How would that feel, hmmm? I bet you'd stop printing code for that one.

Don't understimate one person standing up and taking a stand, getting others to follow. All it takes is the one. If you think it's not possible, you should look up names like Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Che Guevera, Harriet Tubman and Anna Hazare. We can find a different game. Can you find a different gaming company for income as easily? *shakes head at the lunacy within all of this lately*
Sign In to comment.