Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Lonely Solo Missions

Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
edited 25.02.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
All the missions I have had for the past few days have all been just myself anyone else found this?
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• edited 09.09.2014
    yes. we do lonely missions! Really frustrating. even if we do alone it should give good score when we do more collections atleast.

a 160 level player has 5 fields with 3 7 level farm and a 120 level player has all 7 level fields. so current strategy on matching opponents is not right.
  • Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 09.09.2014
    I only got in a "lonely" mission when I start the mission myself.
    When I am asked to start a mission I Always almost get in a mission with more people.
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    edited 09.09.2014
    I will have to try that, I have had 3 more missions since posting the above,All have been "lonely missions"
  • Daniel M (AU1)Daniel M (AU1) Posts: 30
    edited 10.09.2014
    I agree. The missions as they are now, separate different level players to the point where there is hardly anyone to go against.
    I myself have been doing missions for three days straight and have only come across 4 players. This does make for a rather lonely time doing them.
    edited 10.09.2014
    Another day and still no one to do missions with:(
  • Leafmold (GB1)Leafmold (GB1) Posts: 71
    edited 10.09.2014
    A shot in the dark here, but it may have something to do with your location. You're up and playing when many are asleep? It could be a northern/southern hemisphere thing!
    edited 10.09.2014
    No Cannot be that, as I am on the AU server Australia and NZ,so we are all up and about at more or less the same time. Up until a week ago I have always had other people to do the missions with, but this last week I have had not one person. I will see what happens tomorrow but this does not seem right.
  • edited 10.09.2014
    Mee83 wrote: »
    No Cannot be that, as I am on the AU server Australia and NZ,so we are all up and about at more or less the same time. Up until a week ago I have always had other people to do the missions with, but this last week I have had not one person. I will see what happens tomorrow but this does not seem right.

I think you should report it to support, so they can check it out.
    edited 10.09.2014
    Yay at last this morning I got a partner to do a mission with:)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 11.09.2014
    For what it's worth: I've read players state that when they choose for a mission themselves, they much likely get to play "lonely". But when they click on the tab when the system asks them if they want to play a mission, they almost always have opponents.

Might be a tip (?) ........ :huh:
  • TheCosmicCat (AU1)TheCosmicCat (AU1) Posts: 82
    edited 11.09.2014
    How do you pick which mission u want to do? instead of search for a mission?
    edited 11.09.2014
    No - I am referring to this small "announcing tab" which pops up at the bottom of your screen and tells you a mission is ready to be played. You just have to click it and there you go....

And the choice one has to ignore this pop up tab (switch it off) and thus choose bij hand when to play a mission.

WHAT mission could not and still can't be chosen.
    edited 12.09.2014
    Why did they change it then? It is kinda annoying now (i think…) I almost always have opponents, when i don't though, i think of it as a bonus, because i am guaranteed to get a prize. :)
  • kothar44 (US1)kothar44 (US1) Posts: 16
    edited 12.09.2014
    I am on the US1 server and typically have 0 or 1 opponent. It has been so long since I had over 3 opponents that I do not recall the last time it happened.

My belief is that those who were really into the missions have completed all 4 tractors and no longer play. There were also a large number who never became involved in missions at all. That leaves only us "stragglers" still trying to meet up. I have seen such strange match making (such as right now where we are doing eggs and I have 10 coops and 10 ducks and another of the 3 players has 1 coop and 2 ducks) that I don't think they even look for anything other than someone else trying to find a match at a particular time on a particular server.
    edited 12.09.2014
    I just started an egg mission, for the first time i harvest i got 87 (i am level 55) and he had 2394 (he was level 115), this was less than ten mins in.

I think they need to match player levels better.
  • Leafmold (GB1)Leafmold (GB1) Posts: 71
    edited 12.09.2014
    Think of it this way tho, octo. Perhaps the level 115 player was the only one ready to play. Otherwise... solo mission!
  • mrgreenjeansmrgreenjeans Posts: 29
    edited 12.09.2014
    I've only been playing since June but I've only ever had one mission where I was alone. I did notice when the island event was going I had to wait longer for a mission and had less people in each one. I assumed people were busy on the island and not playing missions as much.
  • fountaindalefountaindale Posts: 17
    edited 12.09.2014
    i love it when im on my own
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 12.09.2014
    That is simply another good example of GGS short sight planning. They most of the time do that and that is why most of the time they touch that game to supposedly make it better, they screw it up even more. They fail to plan ahead, to foresee what will happen and then people complain rightfully so. Most high ranked players have completed their trucks and have no more reasons to compete in missions... there is simply no incentive to do so, thx to GGS wonderful DEV team. So we end up again, with a "broken" part of the game.

I have said it many times and will say it again: The only thing that GGS does not make any mistake on whatsoever is... drum roll... The Buy Gold web page! That works flawlessly every single time. Amazing, no? I'm starting to think that they (GGS) gave that portion of the site dev to a sub-contractor that actually knew what he was doing. LOL

All I have to say...

IO
    edited 14.09.2014
    So… back to an earlier post of mine,

Does anyone know if you can pick what mission you want to do? or do you still have ti search for it?
    It used to be that you could start whichever mission you picked…

please help - really want to pick my own mission
    edited 14.09.2014
    You can't pick your own mission. Read the official announcement about the mission-revamp (april 4, Update - April 14th - Mission rework, Nafaru).
    edited 16.09.2014
    Is it possible for you to give me a link?
  • edited 18.09.2014
    kothar44 wrote: »
    I am on the US1 server and typically have 0 or 1 opponent. It has been so long since I had over 3 opponents that I do not recall the last time it happened.

My belief is that those who were really into the missions have completed all 4 tractors and no longer play. There were also a large number who never became involved in missions at all. That leaves only us "stragglers" still trying to meet up. I have seen such strange match making (such as right now where we are doing eggs and I have 10 coops and 10 ducks and another of the 3 players has 1 coop and 2 ducks) that I don't think they even look for anything other than someone else trying to find a match at a particular time on a particular server.

I'm on US1 too and all my missions have been full of players all the time now. I keep my missions going whenever I am on-line. I think the match up of player has more to than just the level you are. Some players use gold to harvest a lot quickly. Some hold their harvests - say of eggs - until they get an egg mission. I'm not always in 1st place, but I usually win something and it does add up. I'm building tractors. GGS has said there will be other uses coming for the certs too. I suggest you report your problem to support.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 30.09.2014
    I almost died of shock today,, i got some missions with other players.. but alas it did not last long, 4 missions and back to solo missions.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 01.10.2014
    not a missions person Doing 1 now because its a task Collect eggs Just me Will I get any cerficates doing it on own
  • edited 02.10.2014
    Lesley52 wrote: »
    not a missions person Doing 1 now because its a task Collect eggs Just me Will I get any cerficates doing it on own

Yes, you get certs for completing missions, even if you are the only one playing. You need certs for entering the Island Event, and for all the tractors. There may be more coming that you will need certs for too. Never hurts to do mission whenever you are on-line. You do not have to be in 1st place to win some certs.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 03.10.2014
    doing mission now collect dung just 2 of us Collect dung I have 270 the other 1981 Guess I need more fiber in diet
  • carissa885carissa885 Posts: 12
    edited 03.10.2014
    I love lonely missions! At least I know I'll be first and get more certificates.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 03.10.2014
    carissa885 wrote: »
    I love lonely missions! At least I know I'll be first and get more certificates.

Sorry to break it to you, but you get less certificates if you are alone in mission, even if you win. Number of certificates you win is a combination of these three: how many people are with you in mission, your place and amount you collect. A couple of people allready confirmed (sorry cant find the thread - was long time ago), that you get significanty less certificates if you are alone then if you play with a full group, even if you do not come up first.
Sign In to comment.