Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - September 10th - Cooperative, cooperative, small changes and a parking spot! - Discussion

Post edited by CM Nafaru on

Comments

• mollya3mollya3 Posts: 25
    edited 08.09.2014
    Hello Nafaru,

This is wonderful news! Cannot wait.

Molly
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 08.09.2014
    New Co-op projects? About time! :)

I like the parking spot too.

-Y
  • Kevin3Farmer2Kevin3Farmer2 Posts: 36
    edited 08.09.2014
    Good ideas all. Especially giving the g-farm more to do with coop success.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 08.09.2014
    open lock icon shows that your cooperative is free for anyone to join, as long as there are any member slots left.
    I don't think this is much worth.
    1. Most serious coops expect reasonable enough of their members that they at least contribute to the coop by actively participating in projects.
    - A few coops have researched everything, and therefore has no need for more donations of dollars and / or gold.
    2. If a coop nothing expect of their members, I consider this as a sign that such coop is un-serious. - Fine, that's their choice.
    But while I doubt also to the kind coops watching announcements in forum.¨- If I am right in this assumption, how are these "free for all" coops then find out that there is now this new thing, and how to use it?
    To prevent cooperative hopping and other random annoyances, you may not re-enter a cooperative you previously joined through the open cooperative feature and were removed from. Furthermore, if more than 20 cooperatives removed you soon after joining them through the open cooperative feature, you may no longer use this feature.
    If I read and understand this correctly, this means that the traveller service soon will be impossible.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 08.09.2014
    If I read and understand this correctly, this means that the traveller service soon will be impossible.

I think you misunderstood. The quote says,
    To prevent cooperative hopping and other random annoyances, you may not re-enter a cooperative you previously joined through the open cooperative feature and were removed from. Furthermore, if more than 20 cooperatives removed you soon after joining them through the open cooperative feature, you may no longer use this feature.

The key words there are "a co-op you ... were removed from." Travellers aren't removed from co-ops, they join and then leave of their own volition. So I don't think this change will affect us travellers at all. At least, I certainly hope not! That's my reading of it, anyway.
    edited 08.09.2014
    Normaly I don't like to be wrong, but here I hope you are right Pingo42. :-)
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 08.09.2014
    1. Most serious coops expect reasonable enough of their members that they at least contribute to the coop by actively participating in projects.
    - A few coops have researched everything, and therefore has no need for more donations of dollars and / or gold.
    2. If a coop nothing expect of their members, I consider this as a sign that such coop is un-serious. - Fine, that's their choice.
    But while I doubt also to the kind coops watching announcements in forum.¨- If I am right in this assumption, how are these "free for all" coops then find out that there is now this new thing, and how to use it?

I took it to mean that if you "freely join" a co-op and are removed by that co-op's leader (perhaps for nonparticipation or being offensive) then you cannot rejoin it. And that if you keep "freely joining" co-ops and keep being removed by leaders then you will be blocked from "freely joining" others and will have to apply from then on.

So travelers should be ok because they often leave the co-op on their own and are not removed by the leader.

I think the "free to join" option will be good for some co-ops and not for others. Personally I would never use this option as I don't want my co-op to be filled up with low level players who need to be removed once they don't end up playing to our style.

ETA: I was too slow! Pingo42 beat me to it :)
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 08.09.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    So travelers should be ok because they often leave the co-op on their own and are not removed by the leader.

Yes, we travellers don't tend to hang around waiting for someone to kick us out of the co-op, so I think this change shouldn't affect us in any way. :)
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 08.09.2014
    1. Very excited about the new projects involving gourmet farm. FINALLY!!! :-D
    2. I think opening one's coop for everyone to join is not a good idea, this is going to lead to problems...
    3. Pity it's only one tractor, but hopefully it's a beginning! :-)
  • edited 08.09.2014
    grt news!can,t wait for it .:-))
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 08.09.2014
    OMG people will see my farm machines...How embarassing!! PaperBag_zps17865ce1.gif
    edited 08.09.2014
    elunia13 wrote: »
    2. I think opening one's coop for everyone to join is not a good idea, this is going to lead to problems...

I don't think so. I sometimes have seen a coop description where are writen something like this: "Everyone can join here, we not require any kind of donation". This is close to be the same as the new coming search criteria, and I think coops who works in that way feel fine about playing at that way. But at the same time, I don't think that type of coops are big, because it cost something to grow a coop and research for better prices.
  • Gamle-mormor2Gamle-mormor2 Posts: 7
    edited 08.09.2014
    Hej Nafaru.
    Kan man få denna sida på Svenska.

Hi Nafaru.
    Can you get this page in Swedish
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 08.09.2014
    I have encountered too many lower level players that just do not participate and ignore requests and do not even have the common decency to answer when addressed in chat. It is not a fun thing to boot people out of the co-op but it has to be done and so I have many, many times. I will not be using the "Open Door" policy concerning the co-op. I definitely do not need the extra added headache!

The new GF projects sound great.. now we have to work harder to get to level 16!! We are ready willing and able!!
    ROFL.. display one of my farm machines??? okay ... will now also have to get more certs too to level up so I have a decent looking machine to show!
    So much work to do!! Happy Farming!!
  • MJs MeadowsMJs Meadows Posts: 44
    edited 08.09.2014
    I do sincerely hope that I am understanding this update information as Pingo4 is...and that it will NOT affect us travellers...but I sure would feel better if a CM could completely put my worries to rest. Input would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.09.2014
    I was wondering who within the co-op would be authorized to select the "Open Door" option. Founder, Leader, and Deputies? I wouldn't want regular members to be able to choose it by mistake.
  • Doctor Annie (US1)Doctor Annie (US1) Posts: 91
    edited 08.09.2014
    I was just wondering what the default setting will be; closed door or open door. Could you get new members you hadn't planned on before you get the door shut if you want to have minimum levels for new members? Or do you have to decide to have an open door policy?
  • Lucky70 (US1)Lucky70 (US1) Posts: 18
    edited 08.09.2014
    This is a great addition for the coop projects. Looking forward to the new challenges ^^
    I think the open door update for coops is a good thing for the new coops to get members (beginners) but for the coops that are already established it maybe a problem. The good thing is that the coop still has the choice to have their members apply. I just think that there should be a notification in the game that this change is coming so that the coops can make sure that they have time to make their selection before a member just joins that does not meet the criteria of their coop and take up their open space for a member.
  • Bosbes68Bosbes68 Posts: 27
    edited 08.09.2014
    I like the idea of the new projects. AND looking forward to spooky events :) But .... open the coöp? Nope. Things will stay just the way they are, I have already discussed it with deputies and players, our group will keep the door closed and select players on our own. But otherwise...surprisingly nice update announcement.
  • Daniel M (AU1)Daniel M (AU1) Posts: 30
    edited 08.09.2014
    Love everything, but the open door option for co-ops.:) I used to play a game where we had clans which had the open and request only options. I never once saw a clan with the open to all policy do well. They always constantly filled up with players who weren't really serious about the game or weren't interested in helping their clan. The same will most certainly happen to those co-ops who choose this method here as well.
  • Rose Lee2Rose Lee2 Posts: 11
    edited 08.09.2014
    looking forward to the new projects
    love the parking space hope we get more parking spots for our other machines in the future
    not so keen on the open door policy but im sure some coops will love it like the teaching coops
    I read the wording to mean you had to be booted out of a coop so I also think that it will not hurt our
    wonderful travelers
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 08.09.2014
    I think that "open door option" is good for training co-ops.
    And maybe for those who are not crazy about ranking and look for new friends and good chatting. )

So it's not bad to have choice.
  • edited 08.09.2014
    I don't like the open door policy. It's really nothing new, because we could always blindly accept all applicants. Most applicants do not type in a message of their own to join the co-op. I've sent so many e-mails to applicants and only 1 or 2 have replied-in another language too. I'd rather have some mandatory fields for the co-op application, like age, do they speak English, how many hours they play a day and how often, where they are from, will they participate in projects and Research, collectibles and donations to the coop, chat e-mails, etc. Many many applicants do not even acknowledge my emails. I don't think they even know the e-mail is there!!! How about a red "!" to alert them when a new email comes? When I decline their application, I tell them it's because they need to reply to my e-mail, tell them how to do it, and that I will reconsider their application if they reply to my e-mail. Not one person has then replied to my e-mail. If they can't respond to my e-mail, they probably won't play either. So, I think, they just get the task to join a co-op, have no idea what it means and/or just don't care about it. GGS needs more help info on the co-ops and also more tasks. If a co-op applicant does not respond, then chances are they won't respond once they are in the co-op either. Some co-ops are adults only. I've had 8 and 10yr. olds apply too. I will continue to screen applicants, if someone replies, it tells me we can communicate and they are serious about the co-op. I would like the application to have some mandatory fields. Or how about a co-op task with several things to learn before joining co-op.
    Yeah, I can display one tractor, but only 1???? Why not all 4?
    Can't wait for the spooky event!
    Also how is GGS communicating changes with those that do not use the forums?
    Happy Farming All!
  • edited 09.09.2014
    Wow, can't wait for new projects!! I think the seasonal spooky event is about halloween!! can't wait to see pumpkins fly around my farm!^^
  • Mammas Baby (US1)Mammas Baby (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    edited 09.09.2014
    How about forgetting all the silly little changes and just give us our horses?? Most do not care where the farm equipment is parked, but they do see an empty "unavailable" sign on the horse pasture. How about is ggs??When do we get our horses????????? With no riddles added i might add.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 09.09.2014
    How about forgetting all the silly little changes and just give us our horses?? Most do not care where the farm equipment is parked, but they do see an empty "unavailable" sign on the horse pasture. How about is ggs??When do we get our horses????????? With no riddles added i might add.

What makes these changes "silly"? It seems there are 2 pages of people that are excited about this update. The new collectables and co-op projects has been requested for well over a year. Thank you for rolling out this update.
  • DG312DG312 Posts: 28
    edited 09.09.2014
    Gourmet projects sound like fun. Any ETA on when we can cash in our horseshoes?
  • KitteymewPlayerKitteymewPlayer Posts: 13
    edited 09.09.2014
    I read it the same way - a member has to be "removed" from the co-op. Pingo, I love your dogs!!
  • edited 09.09.2014
    I think that since Travellers join by invitation and we leave on their own, we should be fine. I am just wondering if my popping in and out of several coops, several times per day to deliver goods will be seen as "Co-op Hopping" But again, I come in by invitation each time. I do wish they would make a way for us Travellers to enter and leave by one extended invitation with a time or project limit instead of having to store up 10 or so invitations from each coop. This would also work to "Try out" a coop or for a coop to try out a player.
  • Woodstock MWoodstock M Posts: 110
    edited 09.09.2014
    Would be nice to get some new projects...

But I hope having GF dropping collectibles would not decrease even further the drop rate of the collectibles.
Sign In to comment.