Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Vote to keep Island Game

JPJ56 (US1)JPJ56 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
The Island is GREAT. I love my other farms but this is a break. Can we petition to keep this after 30 days ? It would be such a shame to destroy it ! JPJ56
Post edited by JPJ56 (US1) on

Comments

• kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 07.08.2014
    I agree that it is nice, but I think GGS is intending to use this as the 6th event. Just a thought.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 07.08.2014
    I don't foresee GGS changing the 30 day limit no matter how many people sign a petition. It's a gold use haven.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 07.08.2014
    Although the general concensus seems to be keeping the island farm permanent, I really don't see them doing that. At least not until the initial rush to spend gold on it has trickled out.
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 07.08.2014
    can't keep up with 4 islands, but would love to keep it nevertheless. I ibet they would get more gold.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 07.08.2014
    why dont you add a poll to the thread?
  • edited 07.08.2014
    Would like the island to stay.
  • GuestCmiller32 (US1)GuestCmiller32 (US1) US1 Posts: 79
    edited 08.08.2014
    island is a bit much for now. A lot of work still to do on the other 3 farms.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 08.08.2014
    I love the Island farm! I don't know how much I will complete before time runs out but I will miss looking at the beautiful graphics. In a way I would like it to be permanent but in another way I'm glad its temporary. If the island farm was permanent then we would probably just get use to it like our other 3 farms. It wouldn't really be exciting after a while IMO. With it being temporary it creates a challenge. Right now this is the first experience for everyone on this farm. I can't speak for others but I will see how much I complete this time around and maybe try a different strategy next time to complete even more. :)
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 08.08.2014
    I agree with JPJ....it is taking a lot of time, effort, and money to establish all the workings of the farm and I would love to keep the Island Farm as a fourth farm!! Hoping that GGS sees that it is a good addition IF it were to stay! If they do maintain this as just an event, then this will be my only time working it and that is such a shame but I can not envision doing this again just to have it taken away.
    How does one start a poll? I would do it if i knew how to set up and initiate one!!
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 08.08.2014
    How does one start a poll? I would do it if i knew how to set up and initiate one!!

If you start a new thread you will see "Additional Options". There you must use the check box under the "Post a Poll" option with the amount of option you want for the poll. After submitting your thread you will be taken to the page where you can ask the poll question and the answers for it.

If you already posted it is impossible to start a poll without the help of a moderator or a community manager, then you should PM one and they can add a poll for you.
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 08.08.2014
    Thanks PINJO!! will keep in notepad for future reference!
  • TripPsyc2TripPsyc2 Posts: 7
    edited 08.08.2014
    i like the island, and stupidly im rushing one of the farms i have using gold...now, im no good wt the math but the shell guy sells a small tree for 50, 000 shells and a big one for 150,000, on the island i can buy the small one for $35,000 and a large one for 450,000 so..... how much are the shells roughly worth? 1000/island dollars apiece and if we get 15% bonus on our farm dollars how much should we be able to expect a shell to be worth when they destroy all the hard work we do on the island?

also i said in another post i think this event is great if they make some changes, why not make it a bi or tri-monthly event and let us keep the production buildings, bank and decos, especially the things bought with gold? i have no idea how ppl are doing any chapter other than 1, i didn't see we had a choice in chapters,...and i have no idea how even with gold you could do the other chapters starting from scratch, why not make it like the events we have now where they let u keep the things i mentioned then the next time the island comes have chapter 2, then 3 and 4 then start it over then? or not and let you choose a chapter like we do events now? i realize this is to get the seeds and then the horse shoes and horse farm...but seriously, how much is it going to take to open the horse farm\? and then who really cares about the seeds? it will be about building the island farm and completing chapters...
  • AlainaSAlainaS Posts: 47
    edited 08.08.2014
    I would love to see the island farm become permanent. It will be a shame to see it be demolished after 30 days, especially after all the farm cash that has to to be converted to Island cash just to get it up and running. It would also be nice to get Island cash for goods produced on the Island farm instead of shells.
  • Neets (US1)Neets (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 09.08.2014
    Only GGS alias' will vote to keep it.
  • tinyandme (US1)tinyandme (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 09.08.2014
    Trash It. GGS start over.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 09.08.2014
    This is cute, but I doubt a poll or any actual evidence from people weighing in will really sway GGS.

Farm as much as you can on the Island and drink as many pina coladas as you can while it lasts!
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 09.08.2014
    Here's their customers' voices. If they can't hear, well, I wonder.
  • Suz4866Suz4866 Posts: 2
    edited 10.08.2014
    yes i vote to keep the island game
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 10.08.2014
    Nothing short of mass abandonment is going to have a chance of altering the course of the game as laid out by GGS.
  • Prince Krishna2Prince Krishna2 Posts: 228
    edited 10.08.2014
    I agree with you
  • Kitty C.2Kitty C.2 Posts: 18
    edited 02.09.2014
    Agreed but from what I see, they will do as they do no matter how many polls you run.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 03.09.2014
    Guys, we are aware you like the island, but we're planning many more event farms that are sometimes very similar and sometimes radically different. The whole concept of the event farms (as it is right now) makes it impossible to keep them, it's all based on being temporary and giving out permanent rewards for your main farms.

We know you like the island a lot, but please give us the chance to show you what our long time goal is when it comes to the island farm and other, upcoming temporary farms.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 03.09.2014
    WOW Latten - this is BIG NEWS!! And exciting! :thumbup:
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 03.09.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Guys, we are aware you like the island, but we're planning many more event farms that are sometimes very similar and sometimes radically different. The whole concept of the event farms (as it is right now) makes it impossible to keep them, it's all based on being temporary and giving out permanent rewards for your main farms.

We know you like the island a lot, but please give us the chance to show you what our long time goal is when it comes to the island farm and other, upcoming temporary farms.
    OH! :( I'm sure we'll give your long term goal a chance and perhaps my co-op is out of step with the rest of Big Farmers but we disliked it intensely. Several have no intention of even starting it again and most others intend to stick to a few fields of oranges only next time around
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 03.09.2014
    Intriguing news Latten, thanks for that..... I hope the other temporary farms have buildings that fit more than one per land plot. :thumbup:
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 03.09.2014
    I will be glad to see the back of it It ate all my money I got 1 sandcastle Cost millions but worth only 50 happiness Everything was to big I stopped upgrading buildings buying plots because I ran out of money That was 9 days in Just made do with what I had If comes around again,will think long and hard before I went again. So my vote would be against it
  • ValenteanaValenteana Posts: 17
    edited 03.09.2014
    Yes keep it
  • studbuzzrd (US1)studbuzzrd (US1) Posts: 29
    edited 03.09.2014
    I liked the island farm. I found it very challenging and even had great graphics, but all farms have a way of making a profit and supporting itself. If the horse stables in the economic cycle doesnt return that investment back plus some, then i for sure will not do any of those farms again for only a small 90 decoration. I'll simply save the money and go for the charity event drive and get a higher decoration in less time.
  • Sati2Sati2 Posts: 3
    edited 03.09.2014
    Do these islands keep popping up once in a while? I just started yesterday after a long break, and don't really see the point of spending a lot of Money and time to expand the island, when I can only use it for 3 days.

But will it come back again sooner or later?
  • Kitty C.2Kitty C.2 Posts: 18
    edited 03.09.2014
    Don't know if I read Latten's reply correctly, but it seems that we might not even get this particular island back, just different themed farms every time they run as an event. I believe this was the first time an event farm like this has been seen, Sati2, so we're all pretty much in the dark. As far as I can tell, the event farms are meant for high level players who want to play a new game without actually starting a new one. The rewards for this one (and I suppose the ones that will be "very similar") are "too big" decos and a new form of special seed meant to be grown in the greenhouse. The ship guy gives extra horseshoes for the greenhouse fruits. Had I known that he'd give some for normal stuff, I would have held back on going to the island when I found out it was temporary. I probably won't be able to afford the horse stuff when they come out and am not as interested in it like I was the island but now I am stuck with the boat not leaving the harbor without getting the greenhouse fruit. I just hope he stops wanting them when the event is over.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file