Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Decorations

letitrein2letitrein2 Posts: 10
I was wondering if someone had the "decoration fix" I want to know what decoration takes up the least amount of room but gives me the most happiness. I do not have gold to spend on it just cash. Would it be a certain decoration from a mission like the camp or Asian theme ect.

Thanks from the LetsFarm co-op

letitrein
Post edited by letitrein2 on

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 03.09.2013
    Happiness Analysis is a spreadsheet showing Happiness per Square, per Dollar and also per Gold for all the decorations
  • letitrein2letitrein2 Posts: 10
    edited 03.09.2013
    I don't overly get the spread sheet. I don't care what the décor cost as long as it is not gold. I just want to know what are the best decors that take up the least amount of space and give me the most happiness.
    edited 03.09.2013
    Look at the column labelled h/sq - that's happiness per square. Any event decor has more happiness per square than an equivalent non event dec. Lake is the best for happiness per square for non even decs
  • letitrein2letitrein2 Posts: 10
    edited 03.09.2013
    ok thanks so any event one or the lake lol that's all I needed to know
  • VeeRichVeeRich Posts: 6
    edited 04.09.2013
    Thanks for the tip rhon. These spreadsheets are more detailed than the ones I make for work...
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 04.09.2013
    I think the spreadsheet is a little misleading--there are others that take up less space and in the right combinations can give very high happiness. I am still a huge fan of the 'pile of goods'.
  • MalikBilal2MalikBilal2 Posts: 374
    edited 04.09.2013
    the most happiness is given u by enchanted tree. its more than any other dollar deco
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 04.09.2013
    The spreadsheet is not misleading; it's the lack of knowledge on how to use it most effectively that misleads. The happiness per square does not take account of the shape of decorations, but it's the best guide for filling large open areas. When the shape of the decoration is more important, you should pay more attention to the "longest" and "shortest" columns, and when the better decorations are still locked, you should pay attention to the "level" column.

The enchanted tree has 20 squares and 33 happiness; it's the best happiness per square you can buy with farm dollars (apart from the variable and undependable values of a telescope), so that's your best choice to fill in large areas as soon as it unlocks for you. The pile of goods has 18 squares but only 20 happiness; it's utterly wasted in a large area. Square for square, even the fountain is actually a better value than the pile of goods.

The greatest value of the pile of goods is its shape. When you've got a long space that's only 3 squares wide, such as you often have beside a barn, pigsty, or orchard, especially in that awkward plot that sticks out to the side of your farm when you're expanding, the pile of goods is beyond price, because not much else will fit in there, so the space would otherwise be wasted.
    edited 04.09.2013
    There are better decos instead of the lake --if space allows.

Look what happens to the happiness meter if you take 2 pile of good and put in 1 shed instead. If space allows: 2 pile of good is better than 1 shed.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 05.09.2013
    But a shed is 6x4 and 2 piles of goods is 6x6. That is 24 squares for 35 happy vs 36 for 40 happy. If you do the math the shed is much better. Personally I don't like the pile of goods much and only have a few for when I absolutely can't fit anything else in. But I love playing tetris and have helped some of my co-op mates tetris their farms. I have no problem fitting in the good 5x4 and 5x5 decorations and have very few other decorations. And for cash with exception of special deco's the lake is the best happy per square.

And a tip for when you want to tetris your own farm. Look for things to give you multiples of 5's. Ex, 7 +8 = 15, so orchards or sty/barns next to fields or cow barns can be fit nicely together. Or 7+7 +6 = 20. And 5 orchards lined up is 7 x 35 add a row of 5 fields 8 x 30 + 1 cowshed 8 x 5 gives you 8 x 35. Together you get 15 x 35. Leaving you plenty of space for the best 5 x4 and 5 x 5 deco's.

Hope this helps. Happy tetrising
    edited 05.09.2013
    bangs head on wall.

IF space allows 2 pile of good is better than 1 shed. If i know that is the case, I would make sure i have plenty of room to have lots of pile of good.
    edited 05.09.2013
    ElizabethK wrote: »
    Look for things to give you multiples of 5's. Ex, 7 +8 = 15, so orchards or sty/barns next to fields or cow barns can be fit nicely together. Or 7+7 +6 = 20. And 5 orchards lined up is 7 x 35 add a row of 5 fields 8 x 30 + 1 cowshed 8 x 5 gives you 8 x 35. Together you get 15 x 35. Leaving you plenty of space for the best 5 x4 and 5 x 5 deco's.

Hmmmmmm... That will probably help things once I get rid of the stupid holes in the middle of my farms. I'll have to see if I can make it work with my preference for having my fields in a clump in the middle rather than all in a line!

The best tetrising advice I can give is that the composter plus the nursery makes a very neat 5x10 package.
    edited 05.09.2013
    bangs head on wall.

IF space allows 2 pile of good is better than 1 shed. If i know that is the case, I would make sure i have plenty of room to have lots of pile of good.

Monica imagine you have a lot of 6x3 deco's you put them together to make a 6x6. Line them in a row of 4 sets gives 6 x 24. That is 8 6x3 deco's at 20 each gives happiness of 20 x 8 = 160. Now in that same 6 x24 space you can have 6 6 x 4 sheds at 35 happiness each. Giving you happiness of 35 x 6 = 210. In conclusion 6 sheds is better than 8 pile of goods.

The pile of goods does come in handy for those spots that nothing else will fit, but other decorations can give you much more happiness.

Also another tip for tetrissing. If you have 3 orchards that gives 21 x 7, Add the silo, water tower or any 4x4 item with the 4x3 duck pond that can be found for free on your farm. This gives you a 4 x7 to add to orchards giving you a 7 x 25. Line that up with the farm house and 3 cowsheds 8x25 and you have 15 x 25.

And yes the nursery is great with the composter.
    edited 05.09.2013
    OMG so much math & I Really struggle LOL. I will have to figure it out on paper.
    I am still trying to get the happiness raised for that achievement thing, so i am still experimenting.
    edited 05.09.2013
    If you need any tips I would be happy to help.... I really enjoy it if you can't tell :) And sometimes at night I see the patterns. I know I am sick in the head but I like to do math puzzles in my free time. :S
    edited 06.09.2013
    OMG so much math & I Really struggle LOL. I will have to figure it out on paper.
    I am still trying to get the happiness raised for that achievement thing, so i am still experimenting.

This is one of the things the Redecorate your farm the easy way tool is really good for. I use the happiness per square from the spreadsheet to identify my most valuable decorations — event prizes, enchanted trees, stone dragons, and thickets for me — and then I shuffle around my buildings to plot out the largest possible area to put those 5x5 and 5x4 decorations, hoping I still have a 4x4 space left for my birdhouse. Once I've placed as many of those as I can, then I worry about filling in any remaining weird spaces with that free duck pond and then the lesser decorations that actually fit them. Any juggling is going to be aimed at primarily making a high happiness per square deco fit, or secondarily for not leaving any unoccupied squares, rather than working for combinations I prefer for other reasons.

And once I've bumped my achievement as high as I can, then I put things back into the arrangements I like best for aesthetics and convenient clickability, such as putting low stone dragons or frog princes instead of tall trees in front of production/processing buildings, until the next expansion. :)
    edited 06.09.2013
    ElizabethK had some neat ideas to try. After i finish with the cranes tomorrow i will re-arrange again (if my eyes are not done for the day. I still can't figure out that program either--Just frustrating. I will update my posts in this thread.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 06.09.2013
    Monica, how can't you figure out the program (I suppose you mean the redecorating tool)? Cannot open it or do not know how to use it?
    edited 06.09.2013
    i don't understand how to use it. I have asked a couple times and i just can't figure it out and i deleted the file now. I am doing ok though.
    edited 06.09.2013
    Hmm, but it is so easy... You open the tool in the browser. Then, you simply click on the 'expand' buttons to re-make your farm in the tool (as many plots as you have bought), then you click on the squares on the right with the names on them so they move to the middle right area. If you want to turn them 90° you drag them on the turn tool and release (they will jump back in the middle right area, turned 90°). Then you drag them to the grid wherever you want them to be. If you do not need them you drag them to the dustbin. Or was anything else unclear about it?

Maybe you can re-download the tool and try with this description? Just trying to help :) Did not know you had trouble with it. Still your own choice of course :)
    edited 06.09.2013
    ok i tried to download it 3rd time--sent me to the screen that says won't read it and then to the Adobe page, but it says all is current. I don't want to mess with it now.
    edited 06.09.2013
    Did you try to open it or to save it? If you save it and then select the 'open with...' function, you can pick the browser. Because it is such a weird file, the computer will not recognize it and try to open it with all kinds of programs that can do nothing with it. Therefore you need to link it to the browser first :) Good luck, I hope this will help you get further with it!
    edited 06.09.2013
    omg so confused & REALLY frustrated.
    I give up before i break or delete something really important on my computer.
    So save it and then try to open? still goes to a page that says i don't have the right program.
    OMG i got it, but not sure how LOL
    edited 06.09.2013
    If you have downloaded the file - it should end in .swf, then you can just drag it onto an already open tab in your favourite browser
    edited 06.09.2013
    Hahaha, it was correct what you did ^^ And then in that page indeed pick a programme and select the browser, but I see you have found it ^^ I did not know you could do it the way Rhon explained :P So next time that is also an option XD At least you're getting somewhere?
    edited 06.09.2013
    omg my head hurts now. I got it to open Finally, but not sure really what i am doing in it. I will post later after a break.
    edited 06.09.2013
    Okie, well read back on my first help post to have a short guide on how to use the tool once you opened it ^^ I hope it'll work now and you will enjoy the easy way of redecorating ^^ Imo it really helps getting your decos and buildings into a nice fit on the farm to squeeze in as much as possible!
  • Kevin3Farmer2Kevin3Farmer2 Posts: 36
    edited 24.08.2014
    rhon3 wrote: »
    Happiness Analysis is a spreadsheet showing Happiness per Square, per Dollar and also per Gold for all the decorations

This is a great resource, but I notice that the "Tree with Rope Lights" is not listed, but I've seen it on a couple of farms. Anybody know its specs?
    edited 24.08.2014
    This is a great resource, but I notice that the "Tree with Rope Lights" is not listed, but I've seen it on a couple of farms. Anybody know its specs?

You can see all decos and their info in the deco tower and calculate the happiness per square yourself :) Divide the happiness by the amount of squares it occupies.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 24.08.2014
    Is it 'Pretty Rope Lights', line 44 of the spreadsheet or is that a different one?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file