Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Go to Island or not?

I've just reached lvl 30 (yay me!) & have the option to go to the island & beach bar & having read through a lot of posts I can't make up my mind whether to ignore it or not, I would appreciate any advice on this.
Post edited by AwesomeGail.dea on

Comments

• Tony44Gamer (INT1)Tony44Gamer (INT1) Posts: 94
    edited 22.08.2014
    don't do it
  • AwesomeGail.deaAwesomeGail.dea Posts: 20
    edited 22.08.2014
    LOL :D do I need to open the airport anyway?
    edited 22.08.2014
    true dat......
  • Kaiowas (NL1)Kaiowas (NL1) Posts: 153
    edited 22.08.2014
    Don't go to the Island I would say
  • Kyler992Kyler992 Posts: 34
    edited 22.08.2014
    don't wate your time and money
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 22.08.2014
    Island needs a LOT of dollars. I'M at level 53 now. And can't do the island evet, not enough dollars. It will come again, so try next time.
    And if you don't open the airport or island, you can load a ship full and send it away. If you open island now, ship will ask you fruits. And fruits are something that i never have enough. So ship will stay 6 hours waiting...
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    edited 22.08.2014
    I agree with Dara.

My farm on skn is level 101 and i am not sure i can complet chapter 3 on the island.
    I have spent lots of dollars, and a little gold to get to where i am now.

Have other farm on www and in - level 74 and 59.

the level 74 can make chapter 2 if i am lucky
    the level 59 may finish chapter 1 i work a lot extra.

Wait to go to island untill you have upgraded your main, gourmet and flower farm to what you want.

But of course i may change my mind, when we get the horses....
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 22.08.2014
    As other players in this thread, Don't go to the Island this time.
    Add to all the other good reasons already given by others, think on that you don't even have 30 days for it, like me and all others who was ready to start on the Island from day one, the half of time is already gone.

It would be much better for you to built up your permanent farms, maybe go hard for the butique on the flower farm, because when you can sell honey cream, the flower farm will give you a very nice income, and more better when you also can sell soap boxes.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 22.08.2014
    Dont even open the airport! You will not have nearly enough cash to be able to do anything on the island and, as others have said, you do not have a lot of time left for the event.

Wait until you have a few more levels under your belt, and make sure you have many millions in cash to be able to do anything worthwhile in that farm.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 22.08.2014
    Yes if I had visions of future would not have gone to island Most of time now ship waiting in habour while I grow fruit Spent 7 mill have 1 dissappointing sandcastle I was level 59 Next time I try if GS still doing it level 100
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 22.08.2014
    You know you don't have to do the island tasks, right? Not mandatory. Several people have posted about how they simply grow and sell oranges and orange fizzes to make seashells....
  • edited 22.08.2014
    I agree with rhinana....I started out on the Island Farm trying to do all the tasks and found it impossibly expensive. I have switched my game to trying to complete only the chapter tasks and am having much more success. My advice to you AwesomeGail would be to go to the island...even if you just click the worker's bubbles and check it out you will get something out of it as well as a better idea of what you are doing for the next time the event comes around. I really enjoy the Island farm....just don't get in over your head.
  • mizzchiffmizzchiff Posts: 12
    edited 22.08.2014
    I haven't been to the island and don't regret not going. Don't intend to ever go. You can play the game just fine without it. I can fill the ship (with 4 items) and send it on it's way. Don't have to wait the six hours for whatever is in the bottom 2 slots because I never opened the island. My advice is not to go. If you feel you have to get the experience of at least seeing it, wait until the next time it's open. That will give you time to decide what you want to do.

I'm glad I didn't spend the money on the island because there are WAY too many things I need to build on my 3 farms. Rather spend my money on that than something that will disappear in 30 days.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 22.08.2014
    Well, if your ship is sailing on 4 items, I'd probably say don't go to the island at this point. If its not... then open the island... make a field.. and make oranges, peanuts and grapes. and don't worry too much about it.
  • edited 23.08.2014
    No, do not go there, it's a money pit!!! Just have fun with your other 3 farms.
  • Brendan da bossBrendan da boss Posts: 1
    edited 24.08.2014
    Do not start island farm.

i am lvl 44 and have started it and find it very hard to finish chapter 1 as i lack the cash

i am also not a gold buyer so the game gets increasingly hard aswell.

i suggest you wait until you reach a higher level before u start this farm in the next event otherwise u will face all the problems everyone else in this thread it talking about.

the farms not that good anyway as u cant take your money back or trade shells (another form of currency) back into farm dollars or even the island farm dollars

i hope this helps
  • Am0uraaAm0uraa Posts: 11
    edited 24.08.2014
    im level 41 and i was giving up to build the island but changed my mind. now im in chapter 2 :D If u ready for wasting millions dollars for one sandcastle and some horseshoe then go for it. but if u dont, then spending dollars for uprading building on main farm btter..
  • mollya3mollya3 Posts: 25
    edited 24.08.2014
    Absolutely go to the island!!! Once there, do what you can, then trade your shells for seeds, grow the seeds and fill up the ship. You'll receive horseshoes from the ship that you will be able to use in the Riding Stable area when it opens. Its fun no matter how much you are able to do on the island. 8)
  • grace1970 (NL1)grace1970 (NL1) Posts: 54
    edited 24.08.2014
    I am level 81 and find the Island hard to play, it takes a lot of o progress. I have reached chapter 3 and will do what I can but I am not upgrading or building anymore, which basically means that I am stuck.
    In my coop most players have decided to concentrate on earning sea shells so we can buy seeds for the greenhouse and earn horse shoes for the ranch. If that is your goal, go ahead and start playing the Island. Otherwise don't do it t and focus on your other farms.
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 24.08.2014
    If you do go to the island and you dont want to spend tons of cash .. just have a few fields and concentrate on growing oranges and selling them for the shells.. to do all the tasks youll only get a sand castle thats worth 50 happiness points.. thats not worth the investment.. just my opinion
  • Regin (US1)Regin (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 24.08.2014
    I've spent more than 100 million and am still at Chapter 2. I don't think I can finish Chapter 3 either. But I like some people's idea. Go to the island and make orange fizz and sell them for shells.
  • misty0455 (US1)misty0455 (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 24.08.2014
    I finished Island in 13-14 days, spent a lot of gold and about 70 million farm dollars but I have used shells to buy special seeds, seeds grow quick, and you get extra xpts and horseshoes, would i do it again, not if I have to start from scratch as a lot of people think will happen, and deco's r really too big for regular farms. I am lev 129
  • AwesomeGail.deaAwesomeGail.dea Posts: 20
    edited 24.08.2014
    Thanks everyone, got good answers, I decided to go but am just growing oranges for the shells, yes I now have the problem of filling the ship, but even if I just do the four items I'm getting a better return (more money) for those, & I really like the island, I'm not going to worry about doing any of the chapters, just pootling around doing what I can ^^
    edited 28.08.2014
    wait the money you changed to island cash does it go back to farm cash after the island disappears
  • Ali Tamer (INT1)Ali Tamer (INT1) Posts: 7
    edited 28.08.2014
    I am lvl 70 .. and I will be lucky if i finished chapter 2 ................ don't go don't go
  • wilma79 (NL1)wilma79 (NL1) Posts: 312
    edited 28.08.2014
    Money transfered to the island will be returned in seashells when the event ends
  • SalvatorePlayerSalvatorePlayer Posts: 11
    edited 28.08.2014
    I agree, it is hard to play on the island farm because i am lacking the cash. I am still on chapter one!X( just going to finish the last task and then im just gonna grow exotic fruits to sell for seashells
  • ahoneybearahoneybear Posts: 3
    edited 28.08.2014
    I agree. have been neglecting other farms. on level 84. gonna take ur advice. no more upgrading.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file