Home EN General Discussions & Questions

i don't like being forced to follow a hidden plan

2

Comments

  • WhajinWhajin Posts: 7
    edited 20.08.2014
    For low levels things are simple. Go easy ... I hope no one expects to finish chapter at level 30. Tho if someone does more power to him/her :)

    I dont remember with what you start on your farm, but:

    You can do your island farm by having house one field and a bar (if someone can slap a picture of starting farm that would be grand). It will give you some ammount of shells. If you want to go on from that, it gets complicated.

    You get fizz every 2 hours (only one field with oranges, if you build second field it goes to normal 1h per fizz production time).

    So 30 fizz every 2 hours gives you 4300 shells, or going 2 fields or upgrading 1 field gives you fizz per hour or 4300 shells per hour. And that costed nothing...
    Whajin @ WWW 1
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 20.08.2014
    Whajin wrote: »
    [...] (if someone can slap a picture of starting farm that would be grand). [...].

    Here's a picture of the entire island farm environment in starting position: https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/the-new-farm-environment/

    Edit: and you do need to pay the starting costs or production costs for the field and the bar. Without decorations that is a pain. So I would recommend low levels to build at least a few decorations before they use that strategy.
    Contact me! (click here)|Contact support! (click here)

    Need spreadsheets for events etc? Visit our spreadsheet page directly: (click here)

    Have questions about the game? Visit our website: (click here)
    372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • WhajinWhajin Posts: 7
    edited 20.08.2014
    Best strat then would seem to be to spend for 3 tiles, dig for tile 10 and get free oasis. That would sort all happiness problems. Also if you want/can drop 250 gold for lvl 1 house, it is great consindring the massive ammount of 15 workers it provides, more so on small space scenario ...
    Whajin @ WWW 1
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 20.08.2014
    "... and players stating that your three farms can keep up with that are not giving the right information."

    My information for MY three farms IS completely the correct information! While doing the Island Farm I was still able to use the architect to upgrade main farm buildings, upgrade production facilities on the GF, continue to produce crops on the FF, donate EVERY ship payment to the co-op fund, participate in research and donate freely to the co-op fund whenever I felt like it ( over 40 mil worth of donations in total!), continue to maintain the 10,000 stock balance for my GF management AND I still made money selling my products (milk,eggs, apples, pigs, bakery items and flower shop items). I still have a good balance in my farm cash--12.1 million and I haven't harvest anything yet today and, while I have chosen not to worry about completing anymore chapters, I am still producing on the Island for the shells!

    I am just a lowly level 76 player and I would not give any information that I consider wrong OR tell anyone HOW to play OR WHAT to play; however I know WHAT works for me and HOW to go about obtaining it. Were the Island Farm to be a permanent fixture I would definitely continue to play it and play it just as effectively as I have played the other threes farms, which is to play to the best of MY standards and capabilities You are correct about one thing: the decision to play or not IS theirs and mine and yours!

    Happy farming!
    roadrunnernm @ US 1 and WWW
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 20.08.2014
    Completely agree with you roadrunnernm! I am playing the island, used the architect for 2 upgradings and still am making more money than I spend.


    Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

     

  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 20.08.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Completely agree with you roadrunnernm! I am playing the island, used the architect for 2 upgradings and still am making more money than I spend.

    Thanks Jiesta! I was beginning to think I was weirder than I already am.. imagine making more money than we spend... would be so nice in the real world too!!
    roadrunnernm @ US 1 and WWW
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 20.08.2014
    @roadrunnernm:

    I stated that if youre intention is to do the WHOLE event your earnings on your three other farms will not keep up with your costs on the island. You know all the tasks by now and can do the math yourself.
    I would love to hear your estimate of the total costs playing the event all the way.

    Of course it is possible to overload your island with deco's to keep the costs low and i'm sure that playing it that way your other farms will keep up.

    I think 'playing the island' or going for the chapter three deco are two completely different things.
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 20.08.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    I still make more money than I spend up untill now (and believe me: every 2 hrs I put the max amount of money in the bank, just to be sure not to run out of any island dollars)... so, I can afford to go on building on the island. I'll see where it ends, maybe 2 chapters? Maybe I can even finish the event in time? I have patience, but more important: I do have the money needed for such an expensive event! And if I would not have had the money, I would certainly never jeopardize my other 3 permanent farms because of the island event.

    So every two hours you put the max amount of money in the bank, with a lvl 5 bank you can tranfer about 5 million a day. So if you are not playing the island you earn about 6 million a day?
    I'm obviously doing something wrong.
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 20.08.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    So every two hours you put the max amount of money in the bank, with a lvl 5 bank you can tranfer about 5 million a day. So if you are not playing the island you earn about 6 million a day?
    I'm obviously doing something wrong.
    Yes, by starting arguments with well experienced and helpful players I would say you are :)

  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 20.08.2014
    Not looking for an argument, just asking for the facts. It is somewhat strange that the island event can be expensive and inexpensive at the same time, don't you agree.
    She clearly stated that she was tranfering money every two hours and still her savings were growing.
    I was curious about how she can make that amount of dollars. Not an upsetting question i think.
    In fact, it is an opportunity to help a lot of people who are struggling for money.
    199.jpg 53.5K
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 20.08.2014
    I agree. Since the Island came in I've been hemorrhaging money.
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

    Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 21.08.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    @roadrunnernm:

    I stated that if youre intention is to do the WHOLE event your earnings on your three other farms will not keep up with your costs on the island. You know all the tasks by now and can do the math yourself.
    I would love to hear your estimate of the total costs playing the event all the way.

    Of course it is possible to overload your island with deco's to keep the costs low and i'm sure that playing it that way your other farms will keep up.

    I think 'playing the island' or going for the chapter three deco are two completely different things.

    No, I do not know all the tasks by now and why do I need to estimate the cost of playing the event. I have no desire to estimate the cost. It is more than obvious that the cost is pretty steep... but who cares... it is something new and fun and challenging. If one has the means to play it to the end then hey kudos to them, if not then speaking for myself, I just continue to do what I want to do there and that is get enough product to be able to participate in buy fruit seeds and get one deco for the tower.

    I work my regular farms everyday because each day presents itself differently depending on what GGS has us doing at the Fairgrounds or if i am engaged in self missions or co-op projects, or those constant two or three little side bar tasks. Some days I could make 4 million + in farm cash.... or less... or more....and the account builds up nicely for my co-op donations, my research contributions, for the architect, for the GF nursery or for producing oranges and mangoes, peacocks and lemurs...

    My little island farm has 8 small palm trees, one oasis( TY GGS) and one large palm tree ( TY again GGS) and I have 8 parcels of land untouched by man or bulldozer.. I do not feel that it is overloaded by any means.

    Maybe "playing the island" or going for chapter 3 deco are different ... depends on your point of view and/or frame of mind...... its just verbiage... and should I care? I just want to play the game!!!
    roadrunnernm @ US 1 and WWW
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 21.08.2014
    If you have no desire to estimate the costs and don't care about it, on what base do you disagree with me?
    I'm sure you disagree with everyone who dares to ask questions about or criticize the game.
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 21.08.2014
    "not looking for an argument"

    sure doesn't seem like it......
    rhinana @ us 1 Doves Hollow Cooperative Member
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 21.08.2014
    Okay but I (and surely others) would really like to know an estimate of costs as well !
    snork @ WWW 1
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 21.08.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    "not looking for an argument"

    sure doesn't seem like it......

    A simple question is turned into an argument by people, taking turns, who do not play the game but worship it.
    As a student you must have heard about the first amendment, freedom of speech. You are aware that this right includes people who do not share your opinion?
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 21.08.2014
    I am level 106 and had 320M when the island event started. I allowed myself to spend 65M on the island. The first day I did nothing on the island except for upgrading the bank to lvl 2 and putting money in the bank every 2 hrs when being on line. I have quite a busy life next to the computer (lucky me!) so I do not play BF 24/7.

    As from the second day I began building (not before reading all important/relevant comments in forum first), expanding and farming. In contrast to farming on my 3 permanent farms, I follow the Chapter tasks meticulously on the island farm. I do not do any side tasks, if I don't need the reward desperately. If I do not need the produce all my other buildings stand idle, because I simply do not see why spending money on keeping productions going when you do not need the produce for the upcoming tasks and in the knowledge that everything vanishes after 30 days.

    I only upgraded my bank to lvl 5 in the second wk of the event, up to now I didn’t see any reason to upgrade it any further. I have put the highest amount of money in the bank every 2 hrs (the highest amount the banking level of that moment gave me), as long as I was on line; until 2 days ago; now I only put money in the bank when I need it. In the meantime I am working as hard as always on my other 3 permanent farms. They keep being my priority no 1.

    As per today, I did not spend all 65M yet, but approaching the 300M once again (my total amount is mounting up again) – so, yes: still making more money than I spend.
    And as said before, I’ll just see how far I can come. I will definitively not finish the island this time, because of the simple fact that I am going on holidays coming Sunday. But I surely intend to finish all chapters at least once in the future.
    And this first time: along the road I write down some tips for myself for the next time the island comes around.

    I guess it is also about how one plays the game. Some people are eager to get in the highest rankings and will do everything to achieve that. I do not. I care about playing the game and keep being able to play that game for a long time, whatever update or new feature comes around. Furthermore, I am a strategist, I simply love to figure out how to play the game and carefully consider/plan each and every step. To me: the more challenges, the better! And perhaps it also helps that I can be very patient when needed.

    Then again who says Benny Buddler will not come around more often with his shell trader? Maybe the island will come back after 2 or 3 months (who knows?), but maybe Benny’s trader will visit our main farm more often than that (so maybe we will be able to gain more horseshoes in the future – who knows?).

    I do not have an estimate of costs for you, I didn't keep track. I only set myself a budget out of curiosity how far this would bring me. But there are a lot of high ranked players who already expanded the island to the max and build/upgraded almost every item – so perhaps you should ask them?
    This is the very first time the island is there, so all information comes step by step to us, thanks to some players who are willing to make the spreadsheets! Hats off to them! That is where I get my info, too.

    Fact remains: we knew a lot of info on beforehand (also that the boat menu would change in relation to the Island). Reading the official announcements as well as the regular posts of Nafaru/Latten well seems to be a virtue in itself!

    And as for Trippel: you say you are not looking for an argument, but you must admit that the tone of your first posts was kind of argumentative. So plse, do not blame others for being argumentative in response.

    Happy farming all and enjoy the island while you can! 8)


    In Addition:

    For what it is worth, and as far as I can see things now, my advice for the island would be:

    - all levels under lvl 65: do not go to the island. Concentrate on yr 3 farms, making them stronger, making more money. Be very patient.
    - levels between 65 - 100: you can give the island a try. I would say: build 1 more field and harvest a lot of oranges (or peanuts/grapes – this depends on how much you can be on-line and how much money you can afford). Catch bubbles. And maybe, if you can afford it: build a mango orchard, too. So you can at least gain your seashells.
    - levels above 100 and sitting on A LOT of millions: you can afford to explore the island. Be wise and careful in every step you take, because it is tricky. See how far you can get with your millions, without jeopardizing yr 3 permanent farms. One can always stop at a certain point and simply fill the rest of the 30 days with only producing oranges, maybe some orange fizz, mango’s or whatever you feel you can afford to do.

    If you decide to not play the island, then do not unlock the airport either!! Only then your ship will sail upon filling the first 4 loads!

    As I am an occasional gold-buyer (rarely) I can't give any advice on working with gold on the island. Obviously things will go much quicker and be much easier when using gold.


    Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

     

  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 21.08.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    If you have no desire to estimate the costs and don't care about it, on what base do you disagree with me?
    I'm sure you disagree with everyone who dares to ask questions about or criticize the game.

    This is to the point of bordering on the Twilight Zone.... I have no problem with first amendment rights, or second...... fourth, five, ninth, tenth amendment (etc) rights either....I have done my fair share of questioning and OMG criticizing also so don't be TOO sure of anything...

    My philosophy is to each their own and live free...I, unlike you, do not make assumptions about people I do not know. .. do not get in my personal space and get all OCD over a silly thing such as to the estimates on the overall cost of completing the island and my ability to "keep up"...... its a game.. not the construction of a new Mega Space Station ( although I am sure we will be needing one soon)..... enough already... why beat a dead horse... this island is now old news, it is what it is ..... get over it and get ready for the Stables as I am thinking we will have plenty to say about that too.......
    roadrunnernm @ US 1 and WWW
  • Jumbo Whiffy (GB1)Jumbo Whiffy (GB1) Posts: 44
    edited 21.08.2014
    I'm level 92! I have been trying my hardest on the island, losing money, which has put my main 3 farms at a standstill! It was always my intention to go as far as I can go on the island first time around. I didn't want to miss out on something great if I didn't focus a lot of attention on it. But unless a fine horseshoe collection gives absolutely fantastic rewards (stupid amounts of gold, a wad of cash, or even a real life winning lottery ticket popping out from my printer) then I certainly wont be bothering with the island again! The thought of all the hours I've spent towards building a tropical paradise only for a huge tsunami to wipe it all out after 30 days is simply heartbreaking!
    Jumbo Whiffy @ en 1
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 21.08.2014
    I agree Jumbo Whiffy! That is the most disconcerting thing about the whole Island: all that effort, time and work only to be wiped away by a tsunami!! Run for high ground and be safe!
    roadrunnernm @ US 1 and WWW
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 21.08.2014
    @Jiesta, thanks for answering.
    I, unlike you, do not make assumptions about people I do not know.

    Love it.
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 21.08.2014
    I agree Jumbo Whiffy! That is the most disconcerting thing about the whole Island: all that effort, time and work only to be wiped away by a tsunami!! Run for high ground and be safe!

    lol, that's a good analogy.
    No, I don't want to join your coop. I just collect invites so my mailbox is full.
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 21.08.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    @Jiesta, thanks for answering.



    Love it.
    Yes, she is a great person and very helpful, unlike some who use the forum simply to complain Jiesta keeps the peace and always offers good advice :)

  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 21.08.2014
    THX jello9! :rolleyes:


    Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

     

  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 21.08.2014
    I gave thanks to Jiesta for answering.

    The 'love it' was for the quote from roadrunnernm who, in case you missed the point, made an assumption and then states she/he doesn't do that.
    jello9 wrote: »
    Yes, she is a great person and very helpful, unlike some who use the forum simply to complain Jiesta keeps the peace and always offers good advice :)

    If i would take criticism on a game that personal, i would look for help.
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 21.08.2014
    Urks, thank you Jiesta, 65 mill and 300 mill ... oh dear, as mentioned I currently can't even reach the 7 I need for an upgrade, though I'm a good level 68.

    I wish I had had the patience to write down how little I spent on the island, because nobody will do for the lower numbers, and I'm planning to do even less next time ;) but if I had much more money, I'd of course do much more, though also just what was necessary (no side tasks for silly things like a bit of feed).
    snork @ WWW 1
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 21.08.2014
    I see a few off topic posts - let's stay on topic and not make this a personal discussion with assumptions and accusations. Thank you ^^
    Contact me! (click here)|Contact support! (click here)

    Need spreadsheets for events etc? Visit our spreadsheet page directly: (click here)

    Have questions about the game? Visit our website: (click here)
    372768Larino003.png
    Thanks Bondenson!
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 21.08.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    I see a few off topic posts - let's stay on topic and not make this a personal discussion with assumptions and accusations. Thank you ^^

    I had to check if I was on topic. And then I realised I was more on topic than the topic. Phew. :rolleyes:
    snork @ WWW 1
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 22.08.2014
    First of all, i think a game is played for fun and should give you a good feeling by accomplishing something.

    The dollar>shells>seeds>horseshoes does not contribute to that feeling, in fact it feels like being robbed every step of the way. The task 'upgrade the bar', costs 2.5 M will give a reward of 15.000 shells, to buy 1 seed you need 300.000 shells witch will give you a few hundred horseshoes.
    (I'm aware off the fact that i picked a worse case).
    (Some advice for the 'number people', stay away from the stock market)

    The 'upgrade' off the ship is a downgrade.
    Before the upgrade you could obtain more money and about 400 xp every day. Now its about 200 xp/day.
    Less xp mains that it is harder to level-up and harder to get some free gold in doing so.
    Once you have visited the island you have to donate the fruits or your ship is down to two times a day, there is a punishment for trying.

    The event came and most players agreed that it was very expensive.
    'No, this is not true because you don't know whats next'
    Then the update on the ship came and you were able to buy the seeds.
    Lots off players complaining.
    And again:'No, this is not true because you don't know whats next'

    Will this eventually lead to a big surprise or a big disappointment, we don't know.
    GGS knows (i hope), but they won't tell

    So i agree with the TS that there is a lott of 'keeping them in the dark' going on.

    Just my two cents, (what migth be whats left after a 60 million dollar investment).
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 22.08.2014
    I went for 1st sandcastle Got that That is sensible 4x4 not 6x7 No more upgrades Need more workers 1.2 mill next upgraded house ,then upgraded house needs more ornaments which need more land I was level 59 start of island,level 63 now If I play again will be from level 100 I spent 7 million now I spent 250,000 a day

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file