Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

i don't like being forced to follow a hidden plan

If we do not work on the island we get no seashells. No seashells ... no special seeds to give fruit to the ship.

Not able to sail a full cargo on ship? no extra ex points ... and no shipping bonus

That WAS a great way for us to advance and make money IN ESSENCE HOW WE COULD HAVE FUN IN THE GAME

I have to agree with the masses

The game is depressing me

I used to love coming on and chatting with my co-op

now the members are leaving and it is hard to find new players that can learn to enjoy the game enough to stay around for a while

Please try to make the game fun

it may be a money maker to you but it is a GAME to us and you are going to destroy your income

remember don't bite the hand that feeds you
Post edited by kathy213 (US1) on

Comments

• FarmerJojoBell3FarmerJojoBell3 Posts: 48
    edited 15.08.2014
    kathy213 wrote: »
    If we do not work on the island we get no seashells. No seashells ... no special seeds to give fruit to the ship.

Not able to sail a full cargo on ship? no extra ex points ... and no shipping bonus

That WAS a great way for us to advance and make money IN ESSENCE HOW WE COULD HAVE FUN IN THE GAME

now the members are leaving and it is hard to find new players that can learn to enjoy the game enough to stay around for a while

it may be a money maker to you but it is a GAME to us and you are going to destroy your income

You get money and XP from the ship still... You just get extra horseshoes for filling the ship completely. If you fill 2 items, you get money and XP, fill 4 items, get even more money and XP, fill all 6 and get extra horseshoes...

What is the problem? I don't see how it is worse, it only gives us even more by giving us the horseshoes too!! Now you can get money and XP for only 4 items and not 6! I kind of feel it is even better now! They always said the ship was going to change in the long term, shouldn't be surprised that it changed.

I know it means a full 6 hours waiting time for the ship to go if you don't fill it the whole way, but that is the only downside I can see to it.

Honestly, if you want shells, just go click the bubbles!!! You can get 25 shells in a bubble pop on the island. You don't have to build one thing! Just sit there clicking bubbles. You can get oranges, grapes, peanuts, all from the bubbles, which can then be sold for shells on the island. You can get shells plenty fine without ever playng the tasks. You just have to go do it.

I think the island is crazy expensive, definitely meant for high level players (they need something to do), but it still benefits us all in the long term.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 15.08.2014
    Actually, I did the math and it's not so much more as it use to be. Turns out, if you max out your coop's researches, you make more money by selling than shipping. They've reduced the bonuses so it's not quite as worthwhile anymore. There is still a bonus though, and it's pretty big for those with no researches or no coop.

FarmerJojo is right. You can still get seashells without spending tons of money. It only costs 40k to gain island access and you can get tons of seashells just with the bubbles. Sell everything and you'll be able to buy some seeds at the end of it all.
  • Dandy_PantsDandy_Pants Posts: 4
    edited 16.08.2014
    I am not doing the island, so I think it's not fair that I can't fill the ship and get the extra xps. I don't buy gold and I find that it's too expensive to build on the island just to see it vanish after 30 days. With all the sudden changes, this game is starting to be ' not fun ' anymore.
  • Nicole1112Nicole1112 Posts: 18
    edited 16.08.2014

I agree with Kathy.

I used to wait for the ship. I don't care about the ship any more. I have shells and I have tropical fruits I just don't want to sell my products for horseshoes... I can't buy land on my farms for horseshoes
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 16.08.2014
    What I hate is that there's no option for the ship to get sent off once you fill the regular cargo. Not everyone can or wants to do the island. They should be able to send it off once the regular cargo is filled.

It'd be even better if one of your options for the bonus boxes were regular cargo, too. Not necessarily for bonus horseshoes, but for more cash.
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 16.08.2014
    I agree with you Wildcard,since the port is so big maybe we could have 2 ships, one for our normal goods and another for the Island goods. I miss the old ship :(
  • Betty Boop (NL1)Betty Boop (NL1) NL1 Posts: 4
    edited 16.08.2014
    It would be nice to have the choice to send away the ship without the greenhouse stuff:)
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 16.08.2014
    I've found that ever since the island event started, I can't seem to make any money on my farms. It's been stuck around $1 million for over two weeks. So I can't upgrade anything on main, gourmet or flower farms cause I can't get enough $ (since it's being used on the new farm). Now the ship has reduced the amount of experience and money you get, unless you use the shells on these special seeds (additionally a new task involves collecting special fruits, which requires shells). I've been trying to save up shells for the special decorations.

The game is adding too many elements too fast and it feels like everything is forced now. While the new island farm was fun at first, it's quickly becoming a burden and I can't make any progress on my main, gourmet or flower farms because of it.
  • SAUGATA4SAUGATA4 Posts: 59
    edited 18.08.2014
    Yes the Island farm gobbles up all the money you can generate and even after the Greenhouse it does not generate any money to use in your main farms. More over the horse shoes we are getting is very costly if calculated in terms of dollars to generate them. What we get from them is yet not clear. I hope the end result is something worthwhile. The ship too has lost all its charm. There should be a option to sail it after the normal products are full.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 18.08.2014
    But there is that option, guys! There is!!
    If you do not unlock the airport and therefore not unlocking the island, then your ship will sail after loading the first 4 cargos!
    It is totally up to you and only your own choice to play the island event or not! I for one - would never play it below level 100, as I do believe one than would not have or make enough money to play it without jeopardizing your permanent 3 farms, which carry the entire game.
    The island event is not mandatory and you can still let your ship sail and still gain some horseshoes if you decide not to play it!
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 18.08.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    If you do not unlock the airport and therefore not unlocking the island, then your ship will sail after loading the first 4 cargos!
    It is totally up to you and only your own choice to play the island event or not!

Good advice, the event started two weeks ago. There was no warning in the official announcements and the update off the ship was not even there when the event started.
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 18.08.2014
    Maybe they should have a ship that just goes to the island to sell the fruit. Move the greenhouse over there too. You can't get anymore seashells when the event goes away, so the greenhouse will be of no use. Unless you have bought a lot of seeds, before the event ends. Go back to the other ship for the farms.
  • kathy213 (US1)kathy213 (US1) Posts: 83
    edited 18.08.2014
    JO JO no way

the chip no longer pays money at my farm ONLY HORSE SHOES
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 18.08.2014
    JO JO no way

the chip no longer pays money at my farm ONLY HORSE SHOES
    Check the bar on the right hand side for the bonuses. Each slot does indeed only give horseshoes. But the second and fourth slot gives a bonus of farm dollars and XP.
    edited 19.08.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    Good advice, the event started two weeks ago. There was no warning in the official announcements and the update off the ship was not even there when the event started.

Not entirely true Trippel, we were told on beforehand that the ship menu would change in due time. And why should we get warnings for everything? This is a game, and players are supposed to think for themselves and figure out things themselves. I, for one - would not like to have everything made easypeasy for me and every step of the game being handed over to me on a silver platter!
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 19.08.2014
    Not entirely true Trippel, we were told on beforehand that the ship menu would change in due time. And why should we get warnings for everything? This is a game, and players are supposed to think for themselves and figure out things themselves. I, for one - would not like to have everything made easypeasy for me and every step of the game being handed over to me on a silver platter!

Jiesta, you can't have it both ways! You say people could opt out of the problems with the ship by not unlocking the airport, and avoiding the island farm altogether, but how could anyone make an informed decision if they were not aware of the changes to the ship? Hindsight is wonderful, and you'd make a fortune if you could bottle it :)

I only hope that when the island event starts again that the airport will need unlocking again so that I can avoid it - if it remains unlocked when this event finishes and I'm stuck with the extra 2 cargos then I won't be happy.
    edited 19.08.2014
    I have a question for you:
    Playing the island event will give me shells and seeds. I can fill the ship and obtain extra horseshoes.
    In time i will run out of seeds and my ship can only sail two times a day.
    Players who did not go to the island will still be able to sail the ship three times a day ,now obtaining more horseshoes then i do.
    So what will be the difference between doing the event or not.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 19.08.2014
    I have a question for you:
    Playing the island event will give me shells and seeds. I can fill the ship and obtain extra horseshoes.
    In time i will run out of seeds and my ship can only sail two times a day.
    Players who did not go to the island will still be able to sail the ship three times a day ,now obtaining more horseshoes then i do.
    So what will be the difference between doing the event or not.

I am not Jiesta, but the decorations you can win are worth it to me. And as long as I do not know what the horseshoes will do I do not really bother about them. Let that ship sail less than it used to, at least I still get a bit of money from it for the first 4 slots and any extra dollar is welcome, so is the XP.
    edited 19.08.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    I am not Jiesta, but the decorations you can win are worth it to me. And as long as I do not know what the horseshoes will do I do not really bother about them. Let that ship sail less than it used to, at least I still get a bit of money from it for the first 4 slots and any extra dollar is welcome, so is the XP.

And if you don't play the event you get that extra dollar and xp three times a day.

So if you don't need/want the deco or you haven't got the money/time to go for the last chapter you are worse off by playing the event.

I was filling my storehouse with special fruits to be ready when the ship came. The captain must have peeked in my storehouse and all off a suden he asked for a lot more then before, draining my stock completely.

We have two days after the event has ended to decide what seeds to buy. What happens when the captain always wants the fruits i run short on?
    Would it not be a shame to have three fruits in stock and just running short on one?
    Would it not be tempting to buy some from the store?
    Do you know who pays the ferryman?
  • jaktjcajaktjca Posts: 7
    edited 20.08.2014
    Keep in mind that you can reduce the amount of fruit you send with the ship by using the green arrows on each side of the box. There are three amounts and the ship always asks for the maximum based on what is in your storage. I always reduce the amount to the lowest, I get fewer horseshoes, but my fruit lasts longer and I get to send the ship off three times a day.
    Hope this helps.
    jak
  • buddybeau (US1)buddybeau (US1) Posts: 60
    edited 20.08.2014
    that is not true, on my other farm i never unlocked the airport, and the ship still sits until the time is up before it sails on. i didn't start the island either, don't have enough missions to earn certificates.
    edited 20.08.2014
    buddybeau2 wrote: »
    that is not true, on my other farm i never unlocked the airport, and the ship still sits until the time is up before it sails on. i didn't start the island either, don't have enough missions to earn certificates.

Seems that someone out here is giving wrong information.
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 20.08.2014
    " I was filling my storehouse with special fruits to be ready when the ship came. The captain must have peeked in my storehouse and all off a suden he asked for a lot more then before, draining my stock completely."

Thank you Trippe12 I thought i was hallucinating with that very same experience! I found that happened after i planted the special seeds in the greenhouse so now its just the regular seeds while the shells hold up!

My thoughts about all the comments posted so far.... well it is expensive to work the island but it was a change and I did complete the first chapter and task 2 of chapter 2 but i have decided just to make slushes and orange fizzes and collect animals then sell all for the shells and continue to give the captain fruit til those shells run out and i will be able to add to the tower too.

As far as losing money on the main farm, GF or FF.. I have not experienced that at all and I invested well over 14 million on the island farm altogether between the money transfers, land purchases and all the "equipment" and upgrades to run the farm and I am still reaping a hefty profit from my three farms and am not lacking funds at all.... life goes on there independently and irregardless of the island farm!! OBTW I am not "higher level player" and I am a very limited gold buyer...

I figure it is (was) part of the game.. an event that we tried and next time we have the option not to do it and I for one will not do the Island farm again.... only because it is such a shame to do all that work only to see it destroyed.... if we could keep it I would work it but as the won't be possible I won't be doing it again.

Now I AM curious about the horse stable... gonna have to just try it once!!
    Happy Farming!
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 20.08.2014

I was filling my storehouse with special fruits to be ready when the ship came. The captain must have peeked in my storehouse and all off a suden he asked for a lot more then before, draining my stock completely.
    There are three amounts he can ask for. by default he will ask for the most you have in stock. So yes he asks for more if you have more in stock. But there are arrows for you to change the amount between the three.

Until I understand the mechanics more and I know how many horseshoes I need (or if I even want them) I have chosen to give the smallest amount each time. However the more you decide to give (yes, you decide) the more horseshoes per fruit you get, so it may not be the best strategy. But this is a strategy game and others in my co-op have chosen to give the largest and yet others straight down the middle.
    edited 20.08.2014
    Seems that someone out here is giving wrong information.

Yes and it is buddybeau that does so. I did not unlock the island on UK, filled the 4 slots and tadaaa, it sailed away. Tried it out especially for all you guys. So buddybeau did not fill all the 4 slots or has a bug.

Edit: I am level 55 on UK btw and...

About the event: don't like it, don't play it. If you do not care about the decos and the island is draining you from resources then don't be foolish and quit doing that right now. Nobody forces you to play the island. But we are just all so curious that we want to see what it is about and what the rewards will be. I want those decos and I will try my very best to get them. It will probably be only this once that I play the island event, unless I do not manage to get all the decos in which case I will prepare better for the next time and attempt once more. And if that ship is bothering you, it is probably just for a month. You'll catch up later.
  • saya1988 (IN1)saya1988 (IN1) Posts: 283
    edited 20.08.2014
    It is totally up to you and only your own choice to play the island event or not! I for one - would never play it below level 100, as I do believe one than would not have or make enough money to play it without jeopardizing your permanent 3 farms, which carry the entire game.
    The island event is not mandatory and you can still let your ship sail and still gain some horseshoes if you decide not to play it!
    means one can opt next time abt doing island event
    thats a good news
    i hope Jiesta u r nt making this statement only behalf of some player who is below level 30.
    :)
    edited 20.08.2014
    I am only telling you what other players who did not open the airport/island told us. They experienced that the ship will sail after the first 4 loads (as long as you did not unlock airport/island) - I am playing the island so I did not experience this myself. But I always check things twice/triple before writing them down in the forum.

My ship asks me for 6 loads... but as I discovered the little arrows near the last 2 loads in time, because Nafaru had warned us that you can choose out of 3 different amounts of tropical fruit to give to the ship, up untill now I did not have any problems sending the ship away full loaded.

Edit: Samty and Larino were quicker and already clarified things ;)
  • WhajinWhajin Posts: 7
    edited 20.08.2014
    Level 82 atm, spend some 15 mio on the island farm. I got 1,2 mio shells and 500k extra shells on things i can sell right now. Until the end of event i am sure i will be able to buy at least 3 oases for my main farm and getting extra happines things from doing chapter one and two. So all in all for money invested this looks like a good deal. And of course not knowing things in front i didnt start optimal :)

Horse shoes are coming in slowly also.

Maybe the biggest problem for people is not knowing you can sell things on island farm directly for shells to fuel special seeds production 24/7 (almost) and still having enough shells at the end for oases and other decos?

Tho your mileage might vary on level and money saved or willing to invest.
    edited 20.08.2014
    @Larino

I never stated i don't like the event. If the math tells me it can be done i will do it next time. At first i will wait and see how many shoes a horse will need according to GGS.

Already done a little math and if you wil do the same then you will come to the same conclusion that completely finishing the event will cost a fortune in farmdollars and players stating that your three farms can keep up with that are not giving the right information.

There are players who are giving the advice to 'low' level players that it is easy to obtain shells at a low cost.
    I think this is a wrong advice, eventually they will lose money and xp as reward for there efford.

Btw I'm lvl 153 and i dont care how much money the ship or event will make me, just thought that the forum was there to help players by providing them with the right information. The decision to play or not is theirs.
    edited 20.08.2014
    And I agree with you on that. I am level 105 and don't really care about the money. I had 50M when I started, now down to 20M. The farm has not been fully developed and I am certainly not doing all the side tasks. I focus on the chapter tasks for as far as I can manage with as little resources as possible (because I do realize that I will never make it to that final deco if I run out of money completely).

I am also not good at advising. I am good at producing facts and trouble shooting. Which is why I could not tell a low level player anything. I think the island is too expensive for them, but if they want to play, let them play.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file