Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gourmet Farm composter

Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33
Is there any good reason why I should have a composter on my gourmet farm? I am never in a hurry for humus, so it seems that the composer on my main farm is plenty. I am thinking about demolishing the gourmet composter. I could use the space, workers and $$. Just thought I'd check with y'all before I do it.

Thanks for your input!!^^
Post edited by Marycat (US1) on

Comments

• Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 19.08.2014
    I demolished it. Upgraded it as far as I could before architect level for the xp and then demolished it. It uses a lot of leaves and I easily get by with the composter on main.
    I found it a bit of a pity, because it looks great, but I could put in an extra goat instead in that exact spot, which I personally found a lot more usefull than an idle sitting composter.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 19.08.2014
    I demolished my GF composter too. I upgraded it to level 4 to complete the tasks but then I replaced it with a goat. I do just fine with my composter on main so I don't need another one. Keep in mind we're going to be getting a new nursery for the GF soon so it may be better for you to get rid of the composter & make plans for the nursery (that is if you want one). :)
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 19.08.2014
    Yep its a waste of space..
  • Adrienne_chilisAdrienne_chilis Posts: 141
    edited 19.08.2014
    Hmm, I never thought about it. I guess I'm gonna get rid of my composter too on GF. I do like the way it looks though... What to do? I'll have to sleep on it.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 19.08.2014
    Maybe not a good idea just yet, when we get the Gourmet farm Nursery tomorrow, we may need it for water, unless you can make enough on main farm to supply water far 2 nurseries, hang on to your composted for now.
    A case of wait & see, other then to "make 6 humus" side task, I never use mine.
    George
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 19.08.2014
    It depends on the type of farm you have. If you have a lot of orchards you would probably use it more. I got rid of mine for a while & ended up putting it back, because I was being buried in leaves & the one on main farm is so slow.
    It cleared the backlog of leaves really fast, so I prefer that one to the main one now.
    Always useful to have 2 of stuff when one is being upgraded too.

As with most things, you will figure out what works best for you. :thumbsup:
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 21.08.2014
    I built mine a while ago because I was drowning in leaves, but using way too much humus, so I kept running out. I've since hit my max, ran out of leaves and now have to sell humus to make more.

I'm now upgrading to the 4th level and will be demolishing tomorrow. It's soooo not worth it anymore.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 21.08.2014
    I demolished it very soon, didn't even upgrade it IIRC. While I keep the two silos, I also use the cheaper one mostly, and just keep the MF one for emergencies or missions. The same need does not exist with hummus though.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 24.08.2014
    You mean Events, not missions, right? 'Cuz there's no fertilizer mission anymore, but it's definitely useful for the tasks in Events.

Mine is gone now, yay! I've got a beach in its place and I'm now able to upgrade more stuff there. I had a worker shortage.
    edited 24.08.2014
    Hm, yes, just events now!

And you mean ... peaches? It took me so long to wonder how you got a beach on your gourmet farm :)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 24.08.2014
    I think he means the Hawaiian beach deco, Snork :)
    edited 24.08.2014
    Of course, happiness etc.
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 25.08.2014
    I was wondering where to put the nursery in gourmet farm, then I remember my composter which was NEVER used. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file