Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Is there such thing as too many horseshoes?

Bambi73Bambi73 Posts: 26
I'm watching my mountain of shells melt away while a hill of horseshoes begins piling up. These shells were supposed to buy an oasis or two... or three! Not anymore :(
I can calculate what 135 Happiness will do to my farms, but I have no clue what thousands of horseshoes are good for. If it weren't for income potential of the boat I would have stopped long ago. Today I finally did stop and am content to fill the boat just twice a day. That seed trader wants to much for his seeds without telling me what they're good for!

How about other high level players (I'm 116). Anybody else in the same boat?
Post edited by Bambi73 on

Comments

• Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 17.08.2014
    The horse shoes will do something on the horse ranch, that is all we know. And how many you need it still a mystery. I only bought 3 seeds from Benny just to try out that greenhouse. I bought regular seeds and found out that they only produce a few fruits, so I quit that pretty soon. I want and must have those decos for my deco tower so not spending any shells until I bought 1 piece of every kind. No matter what that silly ship is asking for. At least I still get my money for 4 slots.
  • Bambi73Bambi73 Posts: 26
    edited 17.08.2014
    Well, I never look at the deco tower (or reputation points or sticker albums). I'm all about trying to maximize profit without spending gold, hence my lusting after that 135 HP oasis preferably one on each farm. But I was foolish enough to spend a lot of shells and am now sitting on close to 5,000 horseshoes. Sure hope the ranch will be at least as interesting and challenging as the island... but contribute more and measurable profit! This currency identity crisis gives me a headache: farm dollars to island dollars to shells to horseshoes... Jeepers!!!
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 18.08.2014
    Since the jury is still out on what the horseshoes will do, I've decided to wait on buying seeds until I'm sure what it'll get me. It's not as though I'm going to be in competition with anyone to stock up on seeds or ship out the produce. Waiting won't hurt me, and I can only undo the decision not to buy.
  • Nicole1112Nicole1112 Posts: 18
    edited 18.08.2014
    I am not buying any more seeds too :huh:
    It is not very interesting to do something when you don't know how many horseshoes do you really need or what is your rewards really are :(
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 18.08.2014
    To be honest I'm still filling the ship, but for the extra exp more than anything else... :D
  • SAUGATA4SAUGATA4 Posts: 59
    edited 18.08.2014
    Dollars to island dollars then sea shells and now horse shoes. Nobody knows what hey are worth but one thing for sure they re exesive. So what do we get in the end ? Some more useless things with no dollar or gold value ?just draining our dollars to ake us buy gold ?
    edited 18.08.2014
    I just wish ggs would give us some idea of what's needed to get going, like they did with the certificates necessary to get on the island. By turning the ship into one gigantic horseshoe production machine they have given me the impression that it will take many thousands to make a go at the ranch.

Moderators, anyone? Care to give us an inkling?
  • magician3 (US1)magician3 (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 18.08.2014
    Maybe you can get ping pong balls from the ranch for horseshoes. Then you can take them to the tents behind the farm and throw them into goldfish bowls. and end up with GOLDfish.
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 19.08.2014
    i have 10420 horse shoes , havent missed a ship , my shells are over 4 million never bought the special seeds .. and im only growing grapes and oranges then selling them .. and the bank isnt feeling a thing..
    edited 19.08.2014
    Bustaa, fascinating approach. This time around I wanted to see what I could accomplish going all out on the farm. Plus I wanted the sandcastles. Even with the new version of the boat I'm still generating enough farm dollars to be able to buy all the island land there is, but I'm not so sure I'll be able to complete all three chapters to get the third and best sandcastle.
    I guess I'll have to wait and see what the ranch is all about, but I might very well try your way the next time. Thanks for the numbers and fresh perspective!
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 19.08.2014
    1) I think GGBF might not even know themselves which numbers they will set for the horseshoes, monitoring what we are doing perhaps.

2) We will need many MORE horseshoes than we think, just as with the certificates, where I had initially more than most commenters (since I did missions on the side) but soon ran out (since I'm not putting extra effort or gold in). Except it doesn't matter since if you upgrade it all immediately, you'll be bored again faster.

3) A simple calculation (tired old head only) shows that special seeds are more expensive and not more highly yielding than "normal" seeds, n'est-pas? So just casually doing them on the side is again doable (though the ship will always ask for more than you have).
    edited 20.08.2014
    snork, I think ggs is a lot more sophisticated in their calculations than you believe. Do they make mistakes? Absolutely. But you are talking about a bunch of geeks designing systems. They have spreadsheets and they know how to use them...

But your point about getting bored faster is spot on. I've certainly been there and almost stopped playing. The island has renewed my interest and makes it a lot more fun to keep churning so the coop can continue to benefit.

I'll have to do the special seeds vs. regular calculation, especially now that we can use them on the GF as well. But frankly once you get up in levels and generate a few million farm dollars every day, it's no longer about the money. I think what keeps me going - aside from learning new things like the island and the ranch - is to perfect the balance of all systems/farms. To turn them into a well-oiled machine that never rests.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.08.2014
    I think that the amount of horseshoes needed to unlock the horse farm will be very low, like the number of certs needed to unlock the Airport. They don't want to keep players out of an area where they might spend gold. But once you're there, the sky's the limit.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 21.08.2014
    Yes, the initial number, and then you will suddenly need many more, just as with the garage, that's what I meant.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file