Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Am I the only person who hasn't been to the island?

mizzchiffmizzchiff Posts: 12
I haven't been to the island and don't intend to go there. Not interested in spending lots of money on something that will disappear in 30 days. I don't use gold except for what we get as a reward in the game for signing on everyday. And I've used what gold I have used very sparingly. Only purchased 2 water towers with it.

Don't even get me started on the ship. I can't do anything there anymore. All it gives is horseshoes now for something else that's going to be really expensive to do. Does anybody feel this way besides me? I don't imagine I'll be able to use the horseshoes for anything if I haven't been to the island.

Are there other players who haven't been to the island and don't plan to go? If there are, please post back and let me know how you feel. If you think it will be possible to play the game without going to the island at all. I'm very interested to hear what others have to say on playing the game without going to the island.
Post edited by mizzchiff on

Comments

• Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 15.08.2014
    This...really isn't a thread for this subforum, is it? And you're not spending money on something that will disappear, you're spending money on shells for the new features. That won't disappear. Granted the exchange rate is incredibly high, but obviously they don't want the new feature to be a piece of cake people can pwn in two seconds.
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 15.08.2014
    mizzchiff wrote: »
    I haven't been to the island and don't intend to go there. Not interested in spending lots of money on something that will disappear in 30 days. I don't use gold except for what we get as a reward in the game for signing on everyday. And I've used what gold I have used very sparingly. Only purchased 2 water towers with it.

Don't even get me started on the ship. I can't do anything there anymore. All it gives is horseshoes now for something else that's going to be really expensive to do. Does anybody feel this way besides me? I don't imagine I'll be able to use the horseshoes for anything if I haven't been to the island.

Are there other players who haven't been to the island and don't plan to go? If there are, please post back and let me know how you feel. If you think it will be possible to play the game without going to the island at all. I'm very interested to hear what others have to say on playing the game without going to the island.
    Nope just you .. your the only player..:rolleyes:
    edited 15.08.2014
    Lol, Bustaa.

In case you can't tell, he's just joking.
  • mizzchiffmizzchiff Posts: 12
    edited 15.08.2014
    LOL yeah I know Bustaa is joking. I've looked and looked and can't find a single post from anybody that hasn't been to the island. That's why I finally posted myself on this subject.

Wildcard I apologize if I posted this thread in the wrong place. I've only posted a couple of times before this and am not familiar yet with how to do things correctly. I read the message boards all the time and find them very helpful. Just haven't learned all the right way to post things yet. Sorry.
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 15.08.2014
    LOL yeah I know Bustaa is joking. I've looked and looked and can't find a single post from anybody that hasn't been to the island. That's why I finally posted myself on this subject.

Wildcard I apologize if I posted this thread in the wrong place. I've only posted a couple of times before this and am not familiar yet with how to do things correctly. I read the message boards all the time and find them very helpful. Just haven't learned all the right way to post things yet. Sorry.
    Considering this is the first time the island is running your decision to sit it out might not be a bad idea ,, the next time it runs everything will be figured out and youll be able to have a better understanding of the event .. we all will..;) guess that makes me a test dummy:thumbsup:
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 15.08.2014
    You may turn out to be one of the sensible ones by not going there, I know I was a lot richer before I went lol
    Keep collecting the horseshoes, they unlock the stables eventually & we have no idea how many we will need.
    Going to the island is to get seashells, seashells buy seeds, seeds grow flowers which are sold for horseshoes, so really you just cut out all the middle men and went straight to collecting horseshoes. :)
    edited 15.08.2014
    There have been a couple people who mentioned not going to the island and being super thankful that they didn't, given all the posts they're reading. Personally, I'm glad I went to the island so that I could learn how to work it and so that I didn't have to feel like I was missing out on something. I would totally feel like I was missing out, losing fake money is preferable to that. I can always earn it back. Super easy. And if it turns out the island isn't worth it, I'll do something different the next time. But at least I gave it a shot. :)

Bustaa is right, all the kinks and glitches are happening this time around. They'll probably have a ton of bugs worked out for the next time and you'll be richer and a higher level then.

Anyway, wasn't sure you could tell. I know it's not always obvious to me when someone is joking, especially when I don't know them. And I could see a high probability for offense if you couldn't tell it was joke.
  • mizzchiffmizzchiff Posts: 12
    edited 15.08.2014
    So I can still use the horseshoes even if I haven't been to the island?
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 15.08.2014
    So I can still use the horseshoes even if I haven't been to the island?
    Yes, collecting horseshoes is what everything else leads up to, as they are what will be needed to unlock the horse ranch. I expect we are going to need bazillions of them, but at least you can start your collection even though you didn`t go to the island this time around.
    edited 15.08.2014
    Yeah, the horseshoes have nothing to do with the island except that island stuff can help you get more of them. I really wouldn't worry about the island unless you're level 80 and really want to win a sand castle or something.
  • Pink Clover (US1)Pink Clover (US1) Posts: 33
    edited 16.08.2014
    I'm not doing the island, at least not yet. I'm almost L70, doing fine with money. My issue is spending the money & building time for something that will be gone (I do not use gold for anything that goes away). I'm still working on my regular farms, which cost a fortune to keep upgrading & TONS of time to build. The way the island is done just doesn't fit for my personal use or keeping up with the needs of my co-op. Just my personal opinion. :)

As far as the ship changes ... I haven't spent much time figuring it all out yet.
    edited 16.08.2014
    Lol, I'm level 84 and still upgrading myself. My main farms are on hold during the Island Event.
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 16.08.2014
    Bustaa is right- you the only one NOT on the Island, lol ;) 8| :whistling: 8|
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 16.08.2014
    I am not on the island either and neither is my daughter. When we first looked at the announcement we were looking forward to it then started reading more about it. Decided that maybe it was not something we were interested in, at least for the foreseeable future. I am level 66 and daughter is level 43 and we have nowhere near the amount of cash needed. Also we find our ships sail once we have added the 4 'main farm' requirements, and we get cash and XP as well as the horseshoes. There is no waiting around because one type of fruit is missing. As we have not unlocked the airport or island, the greenhouse doesnt unlock so we are not required to use it.

This is a GAME, not a race to see who can do things quicker, faster, better than anyone else (apart from in the missions, which I have given up on too - too many gold players) and I come here to relax and not have to worry about hurrying.

I know not everyone thinks the same way, but hope new players who will reach level 30 before the second run on the island arrives will read the forum and learn from the posts about it. Unless lower level players are prepared to spend gold I can see no way in which they can hope to get the sandcastles.
    edited 16.08.2014
    Not really the place here, Amjad. If you want a cooperative, go to the main list of forums and look for "Players looking for cooperatives" and post there. You can also look in "Cooperatives looking for players".

Yeah, level 66 isn't going to get you far.

In other news, I finished chapter 1. Yay me! Task one of chapter two was actually quick. Took me two minutes 'cuz I just had to sell off some of my stock. Yes, it took me that long to realize I had all I needed to complete chapter two. :rolleyes:
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 16.08.2014
    Yeah, level 66 isn't going to get you far.

In other news, I finished chapter 1. Yay me! Task one of chapter two was actually quick. Took me two minutes 'cuz I just had to sell off some of my stock. Yes, it took me that long to realize I had all I needed to complete chapter two. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your Sand Castle Wildcard !!! You go - you can do this !!! :)

I do NOT agree here Wildcard - Im level 61 , I wanted to see what the Island is all about, so I decided to unlock the Airport & travel ;) I'm doing fine now, on the Island - I did look at the Forum & on other higher levels farms, and I know I will not be able to complete Chapter 3 :/ too much work there & to many buildings needed.
    But - I did complete Chapter1 , few days back - My first Sand Castle went to my gourmet and Im half way working towards the second Castle Chapter2 :) so considering my level , Im doing okiey ;)

one thing for sure - the amount of money transfer, when I was building the Island farm is huge ...we talking above 15mln mark ....that is one sour note...otherwise the Island is stunning & I wish , this was not an Event.
  • edited 16.08.2014
    Hi

I have been to the island and I quiet like the idea of it but, not the bit when it vanishes in 30 days time. Why can't we keep the island and only visit it now and then.

I have read loads of post about it and it may change members actitude towards the island. I do feel the island has to be rushed and not at a pace of the life of the island nice and slow.
  • Betty Boop (NL1)Betty Boop (NL1) NL1 Posts: 4
    edited 16.08.2014
    Hello, I'm level 32 and unlocked the Island..playing it a bit, not putting too much dollars in it though. It would be nice if we could send the ship away without having to fill it with greenhouse stuff...that we have that choice....because what bdreish said:
    Also we find our ships sail once we have added the 4 'main farm' requirements, and we get cash and XP as well as the horseshoes. There is no waiting around because one type of fruit is missing. As we have not unlocked the airport or island, the greenhouse doesnt unlock so we are not required to use it.

If I knew this maybe I wouldn't have started the Island either, now I have no choice
  • farmer carrot (GB1)farmer carrot (GB1) GB1 Posts: 58
    edited 16.08.2014
    I have not been to the island. It sounds expensive and for higher level players. I'm not up to level 60 yet. But as it comes round every month, I'll bide my time until I'm higher up and have more money. One day I too will sit on a beach and drink cocktails.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 16.08.2014
    I do believe that has been a very wise decision, farmer giles4!! And I wish far more players would have taken that decision when I read all the posts of players who lost their savings for the island alone!
    This new Island Event (+ Greenery + revamp ship + paddock) obviously is mend for the highest levels who have millions to sit on and their farms expanded to the max. It is very wise to keep farming on your 3 permanent farms, making them stronger, making more money - and when you reach such a high level and such an amount of money that would allow you to give it a try, only then give it a go.
    This way you will never jeopardize your main 3 farms, which carry this whole game!

As said in one of my other posts before, the island event is not mandatory and it is totally your own choice to play it now or much later!

Untill then, as long as you did not unlock the airport (>island>Greenery>paddock), your ship will sail after filling the 4 first loads!!

And in the meantime you can safe horseshoes for the future.
  • Lanette (GB1)Lanette (GB1) Posts: 17
    edited 16.08.2014

I'm not going to the Island.. lol.. I don't Use the Ship. But I tried it once. I did Missions once. I didn't do the Garage either. I don't buy Gold. I did Co-Op once, for a very short time. Nice Group, but Co-Op isn't my thing either. I am at level 56. I have the three farms. I do those. It's enough frustration for me.. I'm 70 and on SSI. I've played since March (I think it was.) Played a short time just before they took "100% Happiness" Away from the "paying players." I thought," If that's how it goes. I'm not spending my money..For same action down the road.."
  • Regin (US1)Regin (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 17.08.2014
    I've spent 80Million of my money to convert to island dollars. But I had 140 million to start, so I am not losing sleep. Plus I don't need all that money since I have built up my main farms to where I need them to be and I can always make more. But I understand people who are still building up the 3 main farms, how it would be a huge drain on money.
    edited 18.08.2014
    I probably should've phrased it "If you're not going to spend all your time and money on the island farm, knocking yourself out to get as much as you can done, level 66 isn't going to get you far." Most people don't seem to be interested in doing the best they can on the island farm because it's tempoarary. And I don't blame them.
  • edited 02.09.2014
    bustaa3 & RunsWivScissors, in regards to your articles #s 6 & 7,you both are right :D lol.

RunsWivScissors, I definitely was richer before going to the "disappearing" Island. If I decide to take 'da plane' over to the island next time the event rolls around, hopefully I will be able to play more financially wiser; or to quote Wildcard999, at least I gave it a shot. Hopefully have a better decision whether or not to go next time. Boy I looked up and realized, the gold and dollars I had accumulated was gone so quickly. If I play the next Island event I definitely will not do that again :huh:
    I played basically the way Wildcard999 stated I put my main farms on hold during this event to play/develop and learn as much about it as possible.
    My goal was not to get the sandcastles, as I am disappointed by them as a reward.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file