Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The New Ship

RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
I took a picture of my new ship when it first came in to show to someone else & I have only just noticed something on the picture that looks possibly very useful...... It appears that the bottom 2 items can be changed, there are scroll arrrows on them.
I haven`t had a chance to play with it yet, as my ship isn`t back for another hour, but thought it might be helpful to others if, like me, you hadn`t spotted it.

Attachment not found.
Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 14.08.2014
    oh yes!! in fact it changes the amounts of fruit not the product. By default mine was set to the smallest amount
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 14.08.2014
    Excellent, thanks Samty...Can`t wait for my ship to get back hehe
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.08.2014
    That was actually one bit of info announced in the official announcement (unlike the change re. the dollars) - good on you if you can actually produce the higher amounts.
    edited 14.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    That was actually one bit of info announced in the official announcement (unlike the change re. the dollars) - good on you if you can actually produce the higher amounts.
    Missed that :)
    edited 14.08.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    Missed that :)

Me too lol :)
  • Isaac HIsaac H Posts: 2
    edited 14.08.2014
    so what are the horse shoes for, how can i see how many i have so far? thanks
    edited 14.08.2014
    Isaac H wrote: »
    so what are the horse shoes for, how can i see how many i have so far? thanks
    Other than we need horseshoes for the Ranch we don't know what they are for

The horseshoes are in your inventory with the shells. Green box and then the chest. Same place as certificate too
  • jim 33jim 33 Posts: 26
    edited 14.08.2014
    I have a question. After the island event is over, will we still have lots of time to grow items in the greenhouse and ship them? Of course providing we buy plenty of seeds with our shells.
  • Isaac HIsaac H Posts: 2
    edited 14.08.2014
    ahhh yes of course, thanks
  • edited 15.08.2014
    I do not like the new updates to the Ship at all. Prior to this, the ship was really helping me(now Level 56) to earn money to do the more and more expensive upgrades, etc.for my main 3 farms. Most of the time Iwas able to fill the entire order and gain the bonus. As soon as I could fill the entire order, theship was on it’s way and back in 6 hours. So, there was a possibility of 4 ships cominga day. If not, the ship sat there for 6 hours, thenwent away and came back in 6 hours. Soby filling the entire order, I got the upgrade points, good money for my 6products and a bonus as well. It was working very well for me.
    On the new ship, I only have 4 regular items. The money for each individual item is notshown, only the horseshoes and a combined amount for 2 items. It is way less money than I was getting fromthe ship in the past!!
    If I do not have the items from the island, the ship justsits there for the whole 6 hours, and then is back in 6 hours, making it possiblefor only 2 ships a day. So GGS hasactually cut my income!!!! I have no way to say, I’m done, I don’t have thatand send the ship on it’s way.
    The items on the Island are IMPOSSIBLY EXPENSIVE!!!!! The seeds and decor take IMPOSSIBLY LARGENUMBERS OF SHELLS to buy them too!!! The décor is way too big for the amount ofhappiness it has, takes up too much farm space!
    All I see are higher and higher prices, and lowerprofits. I don’t see that the Island is makingany money at all. I have spent lots ofmoney there and have really nothing much to show for it. I was really excited about it and it could belots of fun, but not at these prices, only to be totally demolished.
    I just don’t think it’s worth playing the Islandanymore! Even if the horse ranch washere, everything is just too expensive and I don’t see where I am able to makeany sufficient income on the Island to even just break even! Sorry, but this is no longer fun! And the tractors are still hidden away too,might as well not even have them.

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 15.08.2014
    I totally agree 2nd ship in Only way I can fill it is by not going to bed I filled 3 a day in past. The island wants 90.000 shells 10,000 peacocks loads of upgrades Was good at first,then realised I had burnt through 6 mill in as many days Now seeds costing so many shells. I am level 61
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 15.08.2014
    Thanks for pointing that out, Samty. I hadn't noticed, what with being superbusy with two farms and three roles to fill at a Toastmasters meeting tonight, but now I'll be able to make informed decisions about shipping those goods. If I manage to harvest that much of anything.

Anyone know if there's more tasks after the pineapple one is fulfilled?
    edited 15.08.2014
    Anyone know if there's more tasks after the pineapple one is fulfilled?

Looks like the pineapple one was just to introduce us to using seeds & the greenhouse, as the ship is asking for any of the 4 fruits, think we are on our own now in that respect.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 15.08.2014
    I did it filled up my ship Took 36 hours but I finally did it YIPPEE:)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 15.08.2014
    So what are we supposed to do when our seeds run out? No more full ship until the next time the island event comes around?
    edited 15.08.2014
    Looks that way, maybe the island will be reset after 30 days and then just start again right away for us to begin collecting more shells.... I don`t think my shells are gonna last me too long, I managed to spend them all a lot faster than I made them lol :whistling:
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 15.08.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    oh yes!! in fact it changes the amounts of fruit not the product. By default mine was set to the smallest amount

Actually Samty - there is a little "glitch" for the fruit loading. When you have small amount of exotic fruits in your storage, or you have none (because you growing it) - the ship docks & asks for min of 3 possible loading amounts.
    If your storage has more fruit - the Ship asks for max amount, which you can reduce it before loading - but you have to do it yourself. YES - the horseshoe payment for more fruit is better , however it will use-up your fruit reserves faster.
    Left arrow -reduces the load, right - increases, each of the two fruits ship wants, can be adjusted independently.
  • rheanneke (NL1)rheanneke (NL1) NL1 Posts: 79
    edited 15.08.2014
    If you can not fill the boat completely, you lose money

I don't have the fruits ,so i can only fill up the 4 regular items.
    After calculating it 2 times , i lose the first time 23.000 en the second 20.000 dollar

I will not fill the boat any more, and just sell from the warehouse.

and i know, you get horseshoes for it, well no use for them , so dont need them
    and if they are so expensive, (20.000 missed dollars) they can keep them, and no horse for me.
    edited 15.08.2014
    You lose money for it now? How? I think you need to check your math again. I loaded up 100% of the ship and got 138k. The stuff I'm shipping is only worth $18,271 if I sold it normally. That's a huge bonus!

Make sure you only ship two, four or more types of goods though, and if you can't make all 4 regular types, try to ship the two that are worth the least since the bonus is a fixed, flat rate now.
  • rheanneke (NL1)rheanneke (NL1) NL1 Posts: 79
    edited 15.08.2014
    yes i am sure,

it aks 1582 apples that 1582x 56=88592
    259 almonds 259x90=23310
    328 cherries 328x198=64944
    359 donkeys 359x13=4667

88.592+23.310+64.944+4.667=181.513

the ship offers me 158.000 thats losing money
  • cjj (US1)cjj (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    edited 15.08.2014
    Still trying to figure out if I have a bug or if the ship is not paying out money for goods any longer. last two shiploads (all slots filled) I only recieved horseshoes and exp's....no cash. Is that correct??
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 15.08.2014
    rheanneke wrote: »
    yes i am sure,

it aks 1582 apples that 1582x 56=88592
    259 almonds 259x90=23310
    328 cherries 328x198=64944
    359 donkeys 359x13=4667

88.592+23.310+64.944+4.667=181.513

the ship offers me 158.000 thats losing money

Maybe 158.000 was only for 4 items in a row? There are 2 cash bonuses.

I'm pretty sure that I got a profit from 3 ships: 194.000, 150.000 and 120.000 dollars. And it's with all coop researches.
    edited 15.08.2014
    I see. That's not a bug, that's the Ship not giving you more money than coop prices. If you didn't have a coop, these would be the figures:

apples 1582x 44=69608
    almonds 259x50=12950
    cherries 328x180=59040
    donkeys 359x10=3590

=145,188 which is smaller than 158k. Apparently they 'fixed' the issue people had with thinking coop researches were useless with the ship making them more money. You can probably thank those nay-sayers for this new development.

Cjj, that's not correct, but you should try re-logging in or clearing your cache. Sometimes there's a display error and it doesn't show you getting the money, but it appears the second you log in again. So see if your money amount changes when you log in again. If not, that's a glitch and you'll need to message support about that. Pictures help, so take any screenshots you can.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file