Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

this game is no fun anymore

I used to enjoy the game but you are making it harder for us to do that ive not been able to do the new island and now and I cant do the task with melon seeds etc not got enough shell

When are you going to give us something to do which is easier and cheaper to do, I feel sorry the new players who don't have much cash

Fountaindale
Post edited by fountaindale on

Comments

• jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 14.08.2014
    Well said fountaindale, I have only been playing for 4 or 5 months and was quite happy with the game but with all the new stuff that has been added it is seeming more like a chore than the relaxed farming game I originally fell in love with.My interest is slowly drifting away.....
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 14.08.2014
    Yes i agree also , in some cases more isnt always better.. i cant even imagine how a new player could even wrap there head around all the stuff they are expecting us to do.. they should change the name from big farm to a full time job oh ya a full time job without a paycheck lol.. well i guess theres always goodgame disco 8)
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 14.08.2014
    You can't please everybody. Part of the problem is there's tons of really high level players that are bored to death with the same features that have been around forever. I do think they're reaching a point of diminishing returns though. It might be time to stop adding new features and just start adding more goals. It gives more gameplay to the higher level players without making the lower level players feel like they're missing out on something.

I still think that instead of complaining, you should just do what you feel like doing and make peace with not participating in the rest. It's not as though you have to give the ship those special seed fruits to get the bonus, although I hate that it just sits there, waiting for the rest you can't ship (they should adjust that and give an option to ship when all regular goods are fulfilled). You still get the bonus. It's just smaller because you're shipping fewer goods on 'full' boats.

Anyway, you can still get more shells if you just send the 40k to the island and click bubbles all day. You really don't have to build anything if you want shells. Just click bubbles there when you're waiting for stuff or watching Youtube vids (your farm on one side of the screen, Youtube on the other) and then sell everything for shells. It'll take a while, but you've still got 20 days left.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 14.08.2014
    What most of us like about the game is that you work on your farm to make it bigger and more productive. By doing that you gradually make progress. And your farm will be there to work on some more the next time you log on. Although the island farm has been fun (and expensive), when the event is over, the whole farm goes POOF! I'm really having second thoughts about ever working on the island farm again. I do find it ironic that the reward for completing a Chapter on the island farm is a sandcastle. The perfect symbol for a temporary structure.
  • RoseRunner3RoseRunner3 Posts: 1
    edited 14.08.2014
    okay! i know this game is no funny any more.
    edited 14.08.2014
    I stopped chasing the steps on the island , i just cleared some land built as many fields (15) got my happiness to 86% and i only grow oranges and grapes and then sell them for the shells .. seems to be working pretty good i manage between 400.000 to half a million shells a day with very low drain on the bank.. and yes a dirt castle on a farm doesnt have much appeal.. i hear the plan to just transfer money hoping for a good exchange rate at the end but until the exchange rate is known i think its a crap shoot and you need the shells now..
    edited 14.08.2014
    Yeah, it will be interesting to see what the dollar to shell conversion rate will be when the event ends.
  • gardengalgardengal Posts: 5
    edited 14.08.2014
    I'm in an active Co-op, I've been here for a while, been busy building up everything and then along comes a new wrinkle (again) that makes it more expensive to play the game. I can no longer afford to play. :S
    edited 14.08.2014
    gardengal wrote: »
    I'm in a n active Co-op, I've been here for a while, been busy building up everything and then along comes a new wrinkle (again) that makes it more expensive to play the game. I can no longer afford to play.

You don't have to spend real money to play, gardengal. All you need is patience.
  • luna524luna524 Posts: 1
    edited 14.08.2014
    yeah I agree when I first started this game is was fun but now that ive been playing for a couple of weeks its got harder to complete tasks and advance to the next level.
  • gardengalgardengal Posts: 5
    edited 14.08.2014
    I agree completely. The architect was one stumbling block - he's never around when I have enough cash to do upgrades. Now we have the greenhouse where you have to convert tons of cash in order to grow tropical fruit for shipping. The island is terribly expensive. It's obvious that the game developers have one goal - to make money from us poor saps who got addicted to this game. I'm out. I quite literally cannot afford it anymore. What fun is that? Trying to figure out how to pay for a stupid game?
    I used to enjoy the game but you are making it harder for us to do that ive not been able to do the new island and now and I cant do the task with melon seeds etc not got enough shell

When are you going to give us something to do which is easier and cheaper to do, I feel sorry the new players who don't have much cash

Fountaindale

Please educate me on just how I can earn enough gold to pay for necessary upgrades? I'd be delighted to stay if I could figure out how to do it without buying coins and dollars. I'm in a co-op where the moderator has mentioned that we need to upgrade on several occasions. You need to do this - you need to do that - in order to keep up with the Joneses. I'm one of the higher level members of the group but I'm just mystified at how people end up with big farms with lots of goodies without spending lots of real world money. If you can tell me how, I'm all ears.

And I agree with that premise - work to make progress - work to accomplish something. I like designing the layouts, making things look balanced and appropriate. I enjoy harvesting and growing, but this whole island thing - perhaps I just didn't read it carefully enough. I didn't realize this was a temporary "campaign". Maybe I misunderstood. I thought it was another environment - a permanent addition to the paradigm.

You spoke of when you log on next it'll be there waiting. Our Co-op has a 3 day limit. If you don't log on for 3 days - you can be terminated from the Co-op.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 14.08.2014
    well its not enough gold but if you buy gold on the prime day ( and its giving the licenses) and its multiplied by the 100% or 150% savings you can get quite a few licenses but even then it only gives you about 5000 gold a week .. but you still need to buy gold to work this angle..
    edited 14.08.2014
    gardengal wrote: »
    You spoke of when you log on next it'll be there waiting. Our Co-op has a 3 day limit. If you don't log on for 3 days - you can be terminated from the Co-op.

Your farm will still be there to build and continue on. That's what I meant. If you're not active enough for your coop, of course they will remove you. And as for "keeping up with the Joneses", that's your own choice. You aren't required to have "lots of goodies" either. Quite a few players are at very high levels and have great farms without having spent a dime of real money on the game.
  • Tony44Gamer (INT1)Tony44Gamer (INT1) Posts: 94
    edited 14.08.2014
    I have a solution to the whole thing if anyone has player call of duty black ops 2 once you are level 55 you perceive and u restart from level one in this game once you hit level 75 u perceive and once you perceive 10 time you become a perceive master
    edited 14.08.2014
    I know it's disheartening for the island farm to disappear, but if that's a problem for anyone, they don't have to build it. Just do what Bustaa did or just gain access to the island farm, don't build anything and click bubbles and grow stuff 'til you've got the shells you need. You get a ton of free stuff from the farm and it's worth quite a few shells, so why not? There really isn't a whole lot of effort that needs to be put into the island farm. That's just for the people who don't care it's going to disappear and want to get somewhere in the tasks.

Gardengal, clearly you need a new coop. Personally, I do NOT see how a coop leader has the right to tell you how to spend your money or what to upgrade on your farm. If you can't keep up without using gold and you can't or won't spend the gold, that coop obviously isn't for you. I'd get a different one. Sure, it's not great losing the sale benefits of a high level coop, but if you've been having to spend gold to get the money to stay in the coop, those sales aren't really doing you much good to begin with, are they?
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 15.08.2014
    Your farm will still be there to build and continue on. That's what I meant. If you're not active enough for your coop, of course they will remove you. And as for "keeping up with the Joneses", that's your own choice. You aren't required to have "lots of goodies" either. Quite a few players are at very high levels and have great farms without having spent a dime of real money on the game.

This! x 1000! Well said.

There is no rule that anyone needs to join an active, fast-paced, competitive co-op. If you are struggling to keep up, join a more laid back one. It took me 3 tries to find the right co-op for my playing style.

Also, it is possible to build up your gold for free but it takes time and patience. And some luck maybe to help acquire those gold licenses.

Anyways, I find that lots of new players get way too caught up in "finishing" the game, achieving all the achievements and completing all the tasks right away. The game isn't meant to be played that way and it is hard to realize this when the option to buy gold and rush your progress is readily available and thrown in your face. The island and greenhouse contribute to this atmosphere, as did the mission revamp and boat.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 15.08.2014
    Gardengal, clearly you need a new coop. Personally, I do NOT see how a coop leader has the right to tell you how to spend your money or what to upgrade on your farm. If you can't keep up without using gold and you can't or won't spend the gold, that coop obviously isn't for you. I'd get a different one. Sure, it's not great losing the sale benefits of a high level coop, but if you've been having to spend gold to get the money to stay in the coop, those sales aren't really doing you much good to begin with, are they?
    I completely agree!

Gardengal, I looked at your farms & I think they are very nice! :) Don't let anyone tell you how to build your farm. Its your farm & you have the right to build it however you want. You don't have to worry about keeping up with anyone. Just do what works best for you. If I were you I would tell the bossy pants in your co-op to take a hike & find myself a new co-op. Trust me at your level there are many higher ranked co-ops that would take you in a minute without expecting you to buy gold or telling you how to build your farm. Good luck & happy farming :)
  • fountaindalefountaindale Posts: 17
    edited 15.08.2014
    there is no problem with the farm that im in it just that it cost to much and im not wasting money just to be lost in 30days time
    edited 15.08.2014
    okay! i know this game is no funny any more.
    The game stopped being funny for me along time ago.. but its the good people you meet who play the game that keeps me coming back everyday..
    edited 15.08.2014
    I never really found this game funny. Sorta fun, yeah, but funny...? Nah, not really. Some of the people here are funny though.
  • Sky962Sky962 Posts: 1
    edited 15.08.2014
    i like this game a lot I've been playing know for a couple of weeks and so ya

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file