Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Pineapples (and other nursery seeds)

Looking for a clarification on some wording.

I have a task that says "Collect pineapples from the greenhouse."
As far as I can tell I am able to "Purchase pineapple seeds from the greenhouse"
Are these meant to be the same thing? - I don't think so.

Or, Is this a multi step process? - I must purchase seeds first, then grow them somewhere.
In which case, the quest should read "Collect pineapples" or "make pineapples available."

BTW, where do I plant the seeds once I have them? - None of my plots seem to take them.
Post edited by thesurveydoc (US1) on

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 14.08.2014
    'Make available' would mean you have to hand them over

'Collect pineapples' means harvest that many and keep them to do with so as you wish

Its the same terminology GGS have used throughout Big Farm for Tasks, Quests. Projects and Missions
  • thesurveydoc (US1)thesurveydoc (US1) Posts: 80
    edited 14.08.2014
    But I have already purchased some seeds from the greenhouse (with shells) and it has not been noted on my quest tally. So clearly, purchasing seeds in the greenhouse is not the same is collecting pineapples from the greenhouse.

I understand that "collect" has always meant to grow/harvest. But, we aren't doing that in the greenhouse, thus the "collect pineapples from the greenhouse" should be simply "Collect pineapples" as we don't collect then from the greenhouse, we purchase seeds from the greenhouse.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 14.08.2014
    Looking for a clarification on some wording.

I have a task that says "Collect pineapples from the greenhouse."
    As far as I can tell I am able to "Purchase pineapple seeds from the greenhouse"
    Are these meant to be the same thing? - I don't think so.

Or, Is this a multi step process? - I must purchase seeds first, then grow them somewhere.
    In which case, the quest should read "Collect pineapples" or "make pineapples available."

BTW, where do I plant the seeds once I have them? - None of my plots seem to take them.

You have to purchase pineapple seeds from the shell trader then grow them in the greenhouse to complete the task.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 14.08.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    'Make available' would mean you have to hand them over

'Collect pineapples' means harvest that many and keep them to do with so as you wish

Its the same terminology GGS have used throughout Big Farm for Tasks, Quests. Projects and Missions
    I did't say it meant purchase seeds. It means what it says Collect Pineapples not purchase seeds.

Grow the seeds you purchased from the Trader at the top of the game screen in the new Greenhouse at the bottom of your screen
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 14.08.2014
    you can grow exotic seeds in the greenhouse..and actually we do not buy seeds from the greenhouse..we buy them from that green truck..
  • edited 14.08.2014
    Does anyone know how we get the special pineapple seeds? I have the regular ones figured out but there are special ones available as well...I just can't find any information about how to get them.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 14.08.2014
    Does anyone know how we get the special pineapple seeds? I have the regular ones figured out but there are special ones available as well...I just can't find any information about how to get them.

Just buy them from Benny. He has them all in his truck.
  • Jan082Jan082 Posts: 5
    edited 14.08.2014
    You have to scroll through the Shell trader pages to find the special seeds and the palm trees etc

Does anyone know where to find the pineapples after they have been harvested please?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 14.08.2014
    Jan082 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to find the pineapples after they have been harvested please

In your farm management, first tab, 3rd (and 4th) page.
  • Jan082Jan082 Posts: 5
    edited 14.08.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    In your farm management, first tab, 3rd (and 4th) page.

thank you have found them now
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 14.08.2014

The special seeds are on the second page of the truck.
  • BlueSkyesBlueSkyes Posts: 9
    edited 14.08.2014
    Is there any other way of seeing how many shells we have? I see them in the trader truck but they shoud be shown on the island farm too.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.08.2014
    In main farm in green box, inventory, where is water, certificates and so on
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.08.2014
    On the island farm, just look in your Farm mgt menu, upper corner left shows you how many shells you have.
  • thesurveydoc (US1)thesurveydoc (US1) Posts: 80
    edited 14.08.2014
    You have to purchase pineapple seeds from the shell trader then grow them in the greenhouse to complete the task.

Aha!
    Somehow this morning in my "I just woke up and I 'm trying to rush off to work stupor" I managed to seemingly purchase my seeds from the greenhouse (series of erroneous clicks, I am sure) and did not realize that the seeds had actually come from the trader and that I then had to go back to the greenhouse to plant them. TY

ETA: When you click on the "show me" button within the quest, it sends you to the greenhouse (moves you down on the screen) but the trader pops up. Therefore, I thought I had purchased my first seeds from the greenhouse not the trader.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 14.08.2014
    Actually, you get two free pineapple seeds from the task of donating items. That's probably how you got your first seeds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file