Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update - August 14th - Greenhouse and Ship V2 - Discussion

Comments

• sigma957 (US1)sigma957 (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    edited 14.08.2014
    I agree. The boat used to be fun, now it's just a pain. I'm quitting.
    sigma957 @ us 1
  • Babett3Babett3 Posts: 8
    edited 14.08.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    I just can't keep up. Need certs to open the island, need shells to buy um, what? Decor too big to actually use?
    Of my three farms I bankrupted one of them trying to support the island. Thankfully the ship made money so I could do that. Now I can't even send it on it's way because it demands things I can't even provide?

The announcement about this greenhouse right up front will require gold. I may as well just stop right now.
    I have asked for a gold lock (As have MANY other people) for a long time. All this new stuff no one can find time to do something? You won't be getting any gold from me without one. Too many times a slip of the mouse costed me real money. I would spend on this game IF I knew I could allocate it where I want and not lose it with a gimpy mouse.

I like new stuff to figure out. But this is just insane. What ever happened to keep it simple?
    Why can't we buy stuff, ALL stuff with dollars? Not shells, or horseshoes????? Really? Do people carry horseshoes around and trade them for goods?
    GGS really is losing its grip on reality over there [removed drug reference | Nafaru].

LOL awesome rant :P
    Babett3 @ WWW 1
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.08.2014
    Why can't we buy stuff, ALL stuff with dollars? Not shells, or horseshoes????? Really? Do people carry horseshoes around and trade them for goods?
    GGS really is losing its grip on reality over there [removed drug reference | Nafaru].

GREAT WORDS ARTMAKER !!!!
    I think just the same!!!!

(a long time ago, people used animal skins to trade goods, now it seems they use seashells and horseshoes..........)

• saya1988 (IN1)saya1988 (IN1) Posts: 283
    edited 14.08.2014
    one last Question
    horse ranch once unlocked will stay unlocked or we hav to play event again n again?
    please anyone MOD answer , i guess m nt gonna play this island event for seeds again,only n only for deco
    we thought its more fun than charity drive event n profitable too.
    but now..................:(
    saya1988 @ in 1
    Happy farming :)
    16oprm.jpg
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.08.2014
    I'm wondering the same as Art on this. I understand trading in money and XP, but shells and horseshoes? What is this, the stone ages? Or has the game economy really gotten so bad that we need to resort to some sort of barter system?

(In other news if you like pina coladas I can trade you some of those for an earworm remover.)

Also, for serious, why can't I use humus in the greenhouse?
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.08.2014
    MrSaece wrote: »
    those prizes that u suggest is good for high level player..and i think it make sense..why would we give a lot effort and spend a lot of dollars on the island farm just to get some dollars..but for a low level player like me, my main concern is to earn as much dollars as i can..but with that new reward from mr.barnacle, i think it's not really worth to trade my products..and the fact that we have to trade exotic fruits to get him to depart immediately, is just a pain..it somehow makes the island not really an optional farm..i might just ignore the ship from now on :( ..p/s: sorry; my english is not good..

I totally agree, whatever the prizes of the horses even be, i think this update degraded ship's feature and not improved it, and so i also think they need to add a "leave" button without needing the exotic goods too. without that button like other ppl have also said, the island is not an "optional" event anymore and it's rather a "must do" or "you'll lose all extra features", and also yes i think even if it be possible for high level players to get tons of shells to run the ship like normal again, it still makes it impossible for low level players to run the ship like they used to and that will kill the fun for them. and for high level players even if it be possible to run the ship normally with many shells still, what if they be busy or something during island event? should they lose all the features because of not being able to participate fully on island event? definitely no, if u ask me.

so all in all, first things first, I also like to ask ggs to make exotic shipments "optional" and add a "departure" button or sth for the ship after its 100% loaded (with or without the requested exotic stuff) that seems the most important thing right now for most players.

p.s. in short: making farm environment features related to each other was a cool idea of-course, but making them "totally" dependent on each other, was a bad idea in my opinion.
    Griffith @ WWW 1
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 14.08.2014
    How are we going to fill the boat, when the island event is not here , for 30 days? How will we buy seeds. We wont know which ones the boat will want. The island boat for greenhouse seeds should be on the island only.
    jatoda @ us 1 SCARECROW Co-op Leader LOOK OUT BIG BOYS HERE WE COME!!
  • chicke2chicke2 Posts: 1
    edited 14.08.2014
    thank you for letting me know.

today it wouldn't stop telling to do things

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    chicke @ us 1
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 14.08.2014
    Other thoughts about the Ship change, Island and Greenhouse...

First off, it seems to me that the majority of the complaints boil down to... its too complicated or its too hard/takes too long.

I, for one, applaud complexity, challenge, and difficulty. Without these things, I get tired of a game very very quickly.

Ship Change: They told us the first version of the ship was the 'basic' version. Something to get our feet wet, that it would change as the other features were added. Anyone who was counting on it to stay the same, didn't read very carefully. Instead of complaining about the loss of income for the future, how about thanking GGS for the bonus income during the introductory period instead? They didn't have to do that at all. In fact, given the complaints it probably would have been smarter for them NOT to do it, but instead they gave everyone a bonus for a little while.

Island: Leaving aside the Seashells because that's an unknown value for now... Do I want to complete all 3 chapters? Heck yeah! That Sand Palace is awesome! Will I? Probably not... and yes, its a bitter pill to swallow, especially since I, like a lot of others probably, spent some gold in the rush of excitement over something new. Add to that, I am a player who has never once failed an Event (and always chosen hardest since I could), with no gold ever spent to skip steps (Sometimes to rush, especially if a Co-op project worked in tandem). Failure is not an option! But why is that? Didn't I just say I wanted a more challenging, complex game? Yes I did. So my emotions, while valid, are somewhat misplaced here. Instead I should be looking at the future... what do I need to do NEXT time, to succeed? There is little sense of accomplishment without failure. You see... GGS isn't building a game that you can complete with ease, then put in your trash. The Island isn't something you should complete every time... Its something to work towards! Imagine if 4 times a year (no idea how often the Island will recur) you could earn a Sand Castle+Fortress+Palace? You'd have no need for any other Deco's in no time flat. At low levels, maybe all you'll get to do is harvest oranges and make Orange fizz once in awhile for seashells. But next time, you'll be a higher level... you'll be able to do more...etc. Until you reach the vaunted heights, and your Main, Gourmet and Flower farms are done... Then, then you will really be able to sink your teeth, and your over abundance of currency (believe me you'll have it eventually!) into the Island. Imagine how good THAT will feel. When you first get access to the G Farm, or Flower farm... you can't do much. Same concept. Not all levels are equal. This is a game of CHOICES. Whats the most important thing for me to do for my farm right now? The answer is different for everyone playing the game, because each farm is unique. Unfortunately, as far as Co-op success there is one strategy that prevails (Eggs and gold), but there are many ways to succeed as an individual farm.

The Greenhouse: Well, interestingly, Special Tropical seeds produce an almost equivalent amount of seeds to cost as the regular ones (Depending on level, sometimes better), and of course they take MUCH less time to accumulate ship required numbers. But really, like the Island/Seashells, there is no way to determine its real value until we get the final piece of the puzzle. Until then, I'll be trying my best to keep the ship coming 3 times a day instead of twice.

Farm on!
    -Y
    Yakoska @ us 1
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 14.08.2014
    The new features make the game more challenging, and that makes it more interesting for me. It's not easy for me to set aside all the building I need to do on my 3 permanent farms, and I don't have a lot of money to spare, but I still want to do as much as I can with the island farm. Just because it is challenging. But if some players don't like the challenge, their solution is simple: don't play the island. It's not mandatory. I'm glad GGS didn't give us something easy that would be quick & simple to complete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pingo4 @ us 1
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.08.2014
    Yakoska wrote: »

First off, it seems to me that the majority of the complaints boil down to... its too complicated or its too hard/takes too long.

I, for one, applaud complexity, challenge, and difficulty. Without these things, I get tired of a game very very quickly.

Ship Change: They told us the first version of the ship was the 'basic' version. Something to get our feet wet, that it would change as the other features were added. Anyone who was counting on it to stay the same, didn't read very carefully. Instead of complaining about the loss of income for the future, how about thanking GGS for the bonus income during the introductory period instead? They didn't have to do that at all. In fact, given the complaints it probably would have been smarter for them NOT to do it, but instead they gave everyone a bonus for a little while.

Island: Leaving aside the Seashells because that's an unknown value for now... Do I want to complete all 3 chapters? Heck yeah! That Sand Palace is awesome! Will I? Probably not... and yes, its a bitter pill to swallow, especially since I, like a lot of others probably, spent some gold in the rush of excitement over something new. Add to that, I am a player who has never once failed an Event (and always chosen hardest since I could), with no gold ever spent to skip steps (Sometimes to rush, especially if a Co-op project worked in tandem). Failure is not an option! But why is that? Didn't I just say I wanted a more challenging, complex game? Yes I did. So my emotions, while valid, are somewhat misplaced here. Instead I should be looking at the future... what do I need to do NEXT time, to succeed? There is little sense of accomplishment without failure. You see... GGS isn't building a game that you can complete with ease, then put in your trash. The Island isn't something you should complete every time... Its something to work towards! Imagine if 4 times a year (no idea how often the Island will recur) you could earn a Sand Castle+Fortress+Palace? You'd have no need for any other Deco's in no time flat. At low levels, maybe all you'll get to do is harvest oranges and make Orange fizz once in awhile for seashells. But next time, you'll be a higher level... you'll be able to do more...etc. Until you reach the vaunted heights, and your Main, Gourmet and Flower farms are done... Then, then you will really be able to sink your teeth, and your over abundance of currency (believe me you'll have it eventually!) into the Island. Imagine how good THAT will feel. When you first get access to the G Farm, or Flower farm... you can't do much. Same concept. Not all levels are equal. This is a game of CHOICES. Whats the most important thing for me to do for my farm right now? The answer is different for everyone playing the game, because each farm is unique. Unfortunately, as far as Co-op success there is one strategy that prevails (Eggs and gold), but there are many ways to succeed as an individual farm.

The Greenhouse: Well, interestingly, Special Tropical seeds produce an almost equivalent amount of seeds to cost as the regular ones (Depending on level, sometimes better), and of course they take MUCH less time to accumulate ship required numbers. But really, like the Island/Seashells, there is no way to determine its real value until we get the final piece of the puzzle. Until then, I'll be trying my best to keep the ship coming 3 times a day instead of twice.

Farm on!
    -Y

Very well spoken, Yakoska!! Hats off!

Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

• snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.08.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same as Art on this. I understand trading in money and XP, but shells and horseshoes? What is this, the stone ages? Or has the game economy really gotten so bad that we need to resort to some sort of barter system?

(In other news if you like pina coladas I can trade you some of those for an earworm remover.)

Also, for serious, why can't I use humus in the greenhouse?

jaystarr, I'm happy to tell you you failed dismally. The last days I only had "Underneath the Mango Tree (My Honey and Me)" in my head, no alcoholic drinks in sight!

And seriously, for the same reason we can't use it on things they lable orchards, I also wish we could but they always said it's like the nursery.

Instead of complaining about the loss of income for the future, how about thanking GGS for the bonus income during the introductory period instead? They didn't have to do that at all. In fact, given the complaints it probably would have been smarter for them NOT to do it, but instead they gave everyone a bonus for a little while.

... 0.0 ... they most certainly had to, similarly to how like Omar used to give some people 100.000 dollars for the first time he was here, to keep people clicking his cart at all. With all the unhappiness-changes, to introduce yet another thing with no incentive to use would have been impossible. It's basic business strategy, not a sweet little gift.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    snork @ WWW 1
    edited 14.08.2014
    I wasn't suggesting they introduce the ship with no incentive. I was suggesting their alternative would have been to wait until the incentive was clear to introduce the ship. In other words, dump the ship, Island, Greenhouse and horses onto us all at once. Thus the final value of all of it would be clear. I like the way they are doing it.
    Yakoska @ us 1
  • edited 15.08.2014
    I do not like the new updates to the Ship at all. Prior to this, the ship was really helping me(now Level 56) to earn money to do the more and more expensive upgrades, etc.for my main 3 farms. Most of the time Iwas able to fill the entire order and gain the bonus. As soon as I could fill the entire order, theship was on it’s way and back in 6 hours. So, there was a possibility of 4 ships cominga day. If not, the ship sat there for 6 hours, thenwent away and came back in 6 hours. Soby filling the entire order, I got the upgrade points, good money for my 6products and a bonus as well. It was working very well for me.
    On the new ship, I only have 4 regular items. The money for each individual item is notshown, only the horseshoes and a combined amount for 2 items. It is way less money than I was getting fromthe ship in the past!!
    If I do not have the items from the island, the ship justsits there for the whole 6 hours, and then is back in 6 hours, making it possiblefor only 2 ships a day. So GGS hasactually cut my income!!!! I have no way to say, I’m done, I don’t have thatand send the ship on it’s way.
    The items on the Island are IMPOSSIBLY EXPENSIVE!!!!! The seeds and decor take IMPOSSIBLY LARGENUMBERS OF SHELLS to buy them too!!! The décor is way too big for the amount ofhappiness it has, takes up too much farm space!
    All I see are higher and higher prices, and lowerprofits. I don’t see that the Island is makingany money at all. I have spent lots ofmoney there and have really nothing much to show for it. I was really excited about it and it could belots of fun, but not at these prices, only to be totally demolished.
    I just don’t think it’s worth playing the Islandanymore! Even if the horse ranch washere, everything is just too expensive and I don’t see where I am able to makeany sufficient income on the Island to even just break even! Sorry, but this is no longer fun! And the tractors are still hidden away too,might as well not even have them.

[email protected] us1 Leader of our Freespirits Co-op!  Level 203  Player- over 3 yrs!!   

Come Join Us!  We will teach you all about the game!  Read all about us here:  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3385617/#Comment_3385617

edited 15.08.2014
    Obviously the ship is less beneficial right now, because we don't have the horses. That may change. Have to wait and see. But enjoy the benefit it DID give you. :)

But regarding Decos. Yes the Palm trees are worthless (Well not really, but yeah close enough.) The Sand Castle, Fortress, and Palace however are now 3 of the top 8 decos in Happiness to Size ratio. Leaving out the Telescope which is variable. Oasis of Idleness may not be as good as a Tractor or Farm sign... but given enough time and effort, you can buy it for no Gold. Which makes it the best H/S, Deco you can buy without gold. (Event Prizes like Impressive Tea Garden Sand Castle, etc. can't be bought.) Sure it costs a lot. But its no slouch.

As for the Island... if you have a lvl 4 field, you can easily make 50k seashells a day for under 50k farm dollars. Yes, you have to set up the field, happiness and houses first. But if that takes you a week, you still have 3 weeks to reap. And that's only signing in 4/day at about 6 hour intervals. If you can sign in more, with just that same set up, you can make over 200k seashells a day (signing in every 20 mins for 16 hours and sleeping for 8), for under 50k farm dollars. Its not an all or nothing deal. There is advantage to be made, even if its slight, in all aspects of the game.
    Yakoska @ us 1
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 15.08.2014
    I'm with you Yakoska and Jiesta - well spoken :):):)

B)B)B)

Have you fed your dog today?
    bøffe @ skn 1

• bigpapa12bigpapa12 Posts: 87
    edited 15.08.2014
    Other thoughts about the Ship change, Island and Greenhouse... Imagine if 4 times a year (no idea how often the Island will recur) you could earn a Sand Castle+Fortress+Palace? You'd have no need for any other Deco's in no time flat. At low levels, maybe all you'll get to do is harvest oranges and make Orange fizz once in awhile for seashells. But next time, you'll be a higher level... you'll be able to do more...etc. Until you reach the vaunted heights, and your Main, Gourmet and Flower farms are done... Then, then you will really be able to sink your teeth, and your over abundance of currency (believe me you'll have it eventually!) into the Island. Imagine how good THAT will feel. When you first get access to the G Farm, or Flower farm... you can't do much. Same concept. Not all levels are equal. This is a game of CHOICES. Whats the most important thing for me to do for my farm right now? The answer is different for everyone playing the game, because each farm is unique. Unfortunately, as far as Co-op success there is one strategy that prevails (Eggs and gold), but there are many ways to succeed as an individual farm.

Farm on!
    -Y

I'm sorry but gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on some of your points and the main one is about lower level players, currently level 114 and blowing through money like the coop tree grows it. I don't see how lower level players can invest the kind of money needed to achieve major progress on the island, let alone complete it. All I see the island doing for them is bleeding them dry, yes the decos are cool and all but are not even close to necessary to build up your farm. You gain a little happiness per square on some but it takes more money then any low level player needs to spend to, or even I for that matter. Im perfectly happy with the event decos, and it's all gonna boil down to wether or not the horses poop is 24K.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]bigpapa1 @ us 1
  • makivka (US1)makivka (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 15.08.2014
    Can anybody tell me if the greenhouse will be permanent?
    makivka @ us 1
  • edited 15.08.2014
    What is a real "bummer" is - many of us, did pour millions to build the Island, to get the seashells to be able to get seeds to exchange for Horseshoes, to unlock the Horse Stables in long run (I'm assuming).

Now let me see, for spending so much cash on the Island, I got :
    - Seashells , lol
    - no profit from growing produce on Island ,
    - no cash return from any left over money in Islands bank (all will be shells)
    - no money return for demo of the Island buildings
    - very expensive Seeds at the Seashells Trader
    - NO money again for the exotic fruit (can NOT sell it - it's for the ship only)
    - much less money (smaller prices & smaller bonus) on the SHIP
    - the SHIP MUST get exotic fruit , or it sits in port for full 6hrs

So now to the Conclusion !!! We spend huge amounts of money - to get no profit return & get our Ship-money-maker cut down to bare minimum :/ Really not happy now ... very badly thought out by the game-creative GGS team. You designed the Ship to make the game, get extra fun & profits for the Players and now - you found a way to "take it back" :( UNCOOL

The Horses , we waiting for !!! whoaaaa, for the amount of money I have spend on the Island & jumping thru hoops - I want a freakin' STALLION !!! more like an expensive Arab full-blooded race horse , than a work pony , lol

Will see in 20days ++ what happens, right ? Lets cross our fingers GGS creative team, will make some witty decisions , how to incorporate the horses - Unicorns & Pegasus welcome for that amount of island dollars never to come back to any of us, who build decent Island farm ;)

Cheers - beweirded, not so happy Big Farm Player

I completely agree. Then to lose it all in 30 days too! I've put way too much money into it, was fun in the beginning, but WAY TOO EXPENSIVE (I'm level 56.) I had to cut back. Now they took the good income from the ship away too. I'm not going to do more on the island unless it gets better, will be watching and just finish up what I can salvagebefore it is destroyed.

[email protected] us1 Leader of our Freespirits Co-op!  Level 203  Player- over 3 yrs!!   

Come Join Us!  We will teach you all about the game!  Read all about us here:  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3385617/#Comment_3385617

• DLMPlayer (US1)DLMPlayer (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 15.08.2014
    seeds prices reg spec
    LIME 1100 25000
    GRAPEFRUIT 2200 55000
    PINEAPPLE 5500 125000
    HONEYDEW 11000 310000
    THAT IS SHELLS NOT DOLLARS
    DLMPlayer @ us 1
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 15.08.2014
    I am also wondering whether the greenhouse is permanent or temporary, i want to produce the stcok in mass wquantities for the ship because it requires a lot
  • shawho (US1)shawho (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    edited 15.08.2014
    can anyone tell me about the "new horse ranch"?
    shawho @ us 1
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 15.08.2014
    Sorry, guys. Nice try, but our co-op lost its highest ranking member -- triple digits -- right after this update. It's just getting to be too much. I'm pretty sure how most of the others will feel once they get here, too. No way can I do everything that needs to be done without taking up residence in front of this computer and ditching the island farm or going into hock for gold. None of that is going to happen. Production farmers may be the only winners here.

I'm in the same boat here. In the past month we've seen a huge inactivity among members in my coop. We have had people in the group since 2012 and early 2013 and we just haven't seen them in weeks. I've taken on a leadership role in my group and it's becoming very challenging to find new members that are consistently active.

Yet I don't think this will be much of a worry for GGS. Nor will any of our criticism of the new changes that are still to come. I suppose the people that hugely support the new direction of Big Farm will get to look forward to shouldering the costs of keeping the game "free" for others. Maybe then they'll understand the frustration many others have towards the current style of game play.

I was a regular gold-buyer and have stopped using it because I have lost interest in trying to make use of all the features around the farm. I'll do my best to ignore what I can because the game is just much too disorganized and random now. The connections between each feature are just too much of a stretch for me.

The simplicity of the game was fantastic. I truly miss it. I will also miss the coop members that will likely continue to stay offline, and who I will have to eventually boot :( Finding good members is definitely another challenge that I don't look forward to.
    Deputy of the Green Giants Coop

We're recruiting! Visit us on the US1 Server and apply to join our group today.
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 15.08.2014

Farm on!
    -Y

I came on here ready to complain that I was losing my extra income from the boat and then I read this post and it really put things into perspective. Am I sad that I have to work harder to earn the income yes but what if at the end of the horse stables that they may throw some gold our way (wishful thinking I know). But really it might just be helpful for those of us that are not in the triple digit levels that maybe they at least match the going rate along with the horseshoes so people don't lose hope in the game. I know that I have been really enjoying the island and flew through chapter 1 in a little over a week and am now on stage 2 in chapter 2. Things of course going slower this chapter cause I did some major upgrades on my main 3 farms but I still make some $2,000,000 a day or more depending on how much I play. The most important item for me to make is the apple turnovers they are the most profitable out of all the bakery items and can easily make$1.5 million in one day just from that 1 item being produced so don't give up hope players enjoy the challenges that GGS is throwing our way.

Have a blessed day from the Big Red Barn
    VickyFarmer @ us 1
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 15.08.2014
    I'm coming back to this thread to add few things. Most of them will be on more positive note, than my original posting from past morning.

First & foremost I would like to complement the Design Team at GGS for excellent work, on the Island creation - the graphics, the layout, the jive, tropical palette, the new music with jungle sounds - ALL of it is wonderful !!!
    My hat is fully down for that part of the process - well done :) (and I wish the island was not an Event, but an optional, unlocked place where we can build and explore). Think about it - more projects for the co-ops, exotic fruit , animals & big potential of expansion for the future.
    Gosh - I wish I could keep the Island, sighhh.....

What I would like to see is - add the Island, as permanent feature for lvl30 and above with possibility of running extra Events on the Island itself :) Really, as expensive as the Island is - the way it's designed, truly stunning - should be a keeper !!
    I'm planning to make some notes for myself for the next time, the island arrives (hopefully it's not right away after this one ends, as Im drained of funds due to Island building). I'm also very curious , how many $$ I did transfer there without , running cost of the buildings, so will do the quick calculation of the Land Expansion purchases & buildings upgrades, to give me better idea for next time (for the spending notes, I will be holding a box of kleenex, as I think...there might be some tears, upon seeing the total).

Hmmm...another pet-peeve I got about the SHIP, will need some thinking and fixing I guess.
    Agreed with Yakoska post , we forgot to thank the GGS for giving us the ship to receive extra boost of income, big thanks indeed. However people get use to the "good" fast and always will want to keep it - so making the changes to the ship, should have taken that to consideration.
    GGS after making the tweaks to SHIP's cargo - looks like an "indian giver" , we will give you something, once you like it, we will take it away. I'm positive that adding the horseshoes can be done without compromising the income & we could also have the "Set-Sail Away" Button , upon loading 100% without the exotic harvests.

I will be looking forward to the other changes coming soon = use of Horseshoes & maybe some extra seeds for the Greenhouse, as it would be nice to keep using it after we get the horseshoes & the Island Event is gone.

Humble request for Island is - could we keep it? if not , or not yet ..... could we get the option to demolish the buildings and get fair payment in shells for doing so ?

Question to GGS staff (or update moderators) - the information missing about the rate of left-over Island dollars to seashells, should be added. $100 = 1 seashell ?
    None of us know .... may we get the answer, pls
    M o o n i o n s R u l e @ u s 1

G O L D E N    H A R V E S T

• snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 15.08.2014
    You can demolish most of the buildings and get some shells for them, which at the end of the month most people will know and do.
    snork @ WWW 1
    edited 15.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    You can demolish most of the buildings and get some shells for them, which at the end of the month most people will know and do.

Heya Snork - yes, I did click on the building on the Island to demo, but I'm not seeing the value in shells I'm going to collect for it :/ shows "0" and the number of freed workers only

• jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,499
    edited 15.08.2014
    I started updating my greenhouse to level 3 before I went to bed last night. When I logged in this morning it was still level 2. :( Cache has been cleared. Any other suggestions before I contact support?

Thanks MoonionsRule, I'm now singing the banana song! :P

Edit: I can't grow anything in my greenhouse now.

Attachment not found.

Success Team is looking for new members! Click Here
    edited 15.08.2014
    jess_d wrote: »
    I started updating my greenhouse to level 3 before I went to bed last night. When I logged in this morning it was still level 2. :( Cache has been cleared. Any other suggestions before I contact support?

Thanks MoonionsRule, I'm now singing the banana song! :P

Good Morning Jess - actually just refresh, log-out & log back IN, helps to clear cache and squish smaller buggies, like Ship when it docks & Greenhouse upgrade.
    Im currently upgraded to lvl3 of Greenhouse & had to use that trick, to see the upgrade on my own farm, all is fine and growing bigger yield of fruits now ;)

welcome for banana song, Im not 12 ...but there are times I wish I was...lol
    Banana-na-na nana na na NA na ;)

34dad5395f51c64d4468be260d828f5e.jpg

• CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 15.08.2014
    Hello hello,
    enochnock wrote: »
    Okay level 2 greenhouse takes 20 minutes to grow some limes. Will we ever get the opportunity to add humus to increase the amounts produced, please? I know we can buy the special seeds that will increase the amounts, but I would still like to know if we can/will be able to use humus. Since its on the main farm and its using up our building/construction time at least allow us to use humus.

Humus for the greenhouse sounds like an interesting option. Right now it's definitely not possible or desired to add regular humus to the greenhouse. If we get humus for the greenhouse, it will probably be a special type of humus that is a bit harder to get your hands on. Let's see what we can do about this. :)
    jatoda wrote: »
    How are we going to fill the boat, when the island event is not here , for 30 days? How will we buy seeds. We wont know which ones the boat will want. The island boat for greenhouse seeds should be on the island only.

jatoda, Benny's shell trading event will stay a while longer than the island farm and he may as well pop up in breaks between two island events, so you may exchange shells for seeds for longer time periods than just during the island event itself.
    The game is currently balanced so that players who achieve a steady and stable income of shells (read: a lot of activity on the island farm) should be able to manage most requested shipments even when the island event itself is not around. It is going to be a tricky challenge to maintain those shipments, but you will always get horseshoes for the new horse feature in return and if you don't have any seeds left, you may still fill slots 1 to 4 for each shipment. Barnacle won't be mad about that. ;)
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Very well spoken, Yakoska!! Hats off!

Yokasha indeed managed to sum up a few points that you should really consider before judging the recent updates hastily: most of the new farm environment features are designed to be a long-term effort - something that cannot just be achieved in a day or two. And as with all other events (just think of the master stage of themed events), it will take some time to find the perfect strategy for them.

Right now this update might feel like a downgrade to the ship, a very hard to master challenge, be it due to your current level, shortage of dollars or the effort you have to put into it. With time, you will improve your strategy, the amount of cash you can earn on your 3 main farms, maybe you will even change your playstyle altogether. And you will see improvements each time you try the island event and everything that goes along with it. It may appear like a tough process in the beginning but it will also be very satisfying in the end. :)
    makivka wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if the greenhouse will be permanent?

The greenhouse will be permanent, as are your shells and all seeds you can purchase with them. However, if you get the chance to stock up on exotic goods now, it's always a good idea to do so, so you can deliver all goods Barnacle requests for his ship.
    shawho wrote: »
    can anyone tell me about the "new horse ranch"?

The horse ranch is going to be our next bigger update. As soon as we have more info to share, you will find it in the official announcements or discussion sections.

Regards,
    Steffi
Sign In to comment.