Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - August 14th - Greenhouse and Ship V2 - Discussion

Comments

• snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.08.2014
    It takes longest for the icons in the ship to become visible. I do hover to see the text before I click on the green arrow but it's THE NASTIEST TRICK YET to get rid of all the dollars and just give us some measly horseshoes when we were used to get more than the going price for loading the ship.

That was REALLY WRONG of you guys. You said there'd be changes and horseshoes, and unlike most I read the forums, but even I was now robbed, not realising you would not give any money for individual products anymore.

And only a measly amount for all products, which I never reach due to not building the bakery.

I'd stopped criticising you a while ago, but that really is poop dung of you.
  • edited 14.08.2014
    @snork2 - you are still getting some $ with the ship.
    But the horseshoes are extra.

The problem is that (like on the picture of MoonionsRule) when you loaded 100% ...the boat just stays in your harbor...waiting for the fruits.
    So if you want it or not.....you have to play the island and buy the fruit
    edited 14.08.2014
    The horseshoes are not extra, they are INSTEAD of the dollars for the products, which used to be at least 150 percent of the normal selling price. That is a gigantic loss.

And yes, I'm not even managing the 100 percent to get that little full-boat money, so I'll have the ship once a day only. I will now stop playing the island rather than do it more, I've finally had enough (I liked the boat as you might have guessed :()
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 14.08.2014
    BesjeB wrote: »
    @snork2 - you are still getting some $ with the ship.
    But the horseshoes are extra.

The problem is that (like on the picture of MoonionsRule) when you loaded 100% ...the boat just stays in your harbor...waiting for the fruits.
    So if you want it or not.....you have to play the island and buy the fruit

Yes, Besje - you made a very good point in your post. You got the extra cash or you don't , you HAVE to play on the Island (well at least once I guess, to unlock the Airport & get the seeds for Greenhouse)....
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.08.2014
    Just this morning we where talking with co'op friends how we like the ship. Extra dollars and XP:s...... It was so good and everybody liked it.

That's it, I don't like it anymore.

Captain can go somewhere far, maybe to the island and take Monty and his wheel with him. They can eat pineapples and go round with the wheel and sit in beach bar with Jhonny.....X(
  • s1acy (US1)s1acy (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 14.08.2014
    My one Question to GGS Team -Why is everything so Costly ($$$$) to expand / upgrade?????"
    I've finally found an online game that is really enjoyable, yet it's just so tiresome with the high cost of upgrading to have produce & expansion to keep workers happy. :)
  • saya1988 (IN1)saya1988 (IN1) Posts: 283
    edited 14.08.2014
    means we have to load ship 3times a day with those fruits
    n after the event ?
    means we cant send the ship more than once a day bcz it wont be fully loaded so wait for 12 hrs then again wait for 12 hrs
    nt happy with that
    i used to load it thrice every day :(
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 14.08.2014
    saya1988, you can carry on growing the seeds after the event. So stock up on seeds while you can. And if I've read it correctly the shell trader will come at other times not just when the island event is on
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 14.08.2014
    Not going to lose any sleep. I didnt do the island farm so will not have any fruit to put on the boat. It will take me longer to upgrade and level up, but I dont like to be pressured into doing something i dont want to do. My purchases of gold, which I made regularly, will now stop. No skin off my nose but money out of GGS's bank.
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 14.08.2014
    Nafaru- I have a question about the greenhouse. Why is levels 6 & 7 architect levels? None of the other productions/houses on any of our farms are/have 2 levels of the architect stages. I hope that is an error/bug.

Thanks
  • Terddybug (INT1)Terddybug (INT1) INT1 Posts: 63
    edited 14.08.2014
    Acording to the Info menu the upgrade time for level 1 should be 1h06 and for level 2 should be 2h45.

Why is it double?

Attachment not found.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 14.08.2014
    Terddybug,
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey Volty,

this is a display error only.
    The farm house bonus does not apply to environment elements, so the construction time for greenhouse stage 2 is 2 hours, not 1. The game just applies the construction time bonus even though it shouldn't.

That bug has been forwarded. Thanks.

Regards,
    Steffi
    You have a level 7 Farmhouse and the 50% discount is wrongly being shown in the displayed time :(
  • saya1988 (IN1)saya1988 (IN1) Posts: 283
    edited 14.08.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    saya1988, you can carry on growing the seeds after the event. So stock up on seeds while you can. And if I've read it correctly the shell trader will come at other times not just when the island event is on

dreams to buy an oasis gone for a long time nw
    :(
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.08.2014
    i gotta say i agree with alot of comments here after the update, this update whether be proved that is good or bad later, right now has made the game very vague.
    untill it be clear of how we can use horseshoes and what benefits the horses will have (& how much we need for what benefit) , i cant decide to throw away shells for seeds either.
    as volty mentioned, it really will be a bad joke if we end up with thousands of horseshoes and then be needing 25 horseshoes to unlock horses.
    plus if the horses only give dollar as prize, then once again it might be stupid to do this whole cycle.
    from dollar to shells and then from shell to horseshoes and then back to dollar?

so here's the suggestion: I just hope u come up with very good benefits from horses and not just "dollar" or "some XP" otherwise this whole cycle might just not worth the effort if it be just for raising 1 dollar to 1.25 dollar at the end. (if even that)
    now what can be considered a good prize that worth the effort?
    here are my suggestions:
    1- new stables, limited buildings (like irish chicken coop) and not just high happiness deco only: this allows players to have motivation to do this whole cycle knowing they get something special out of it at least and not just dollar
    2- limited items needed for achievements (such as token, rose seeds, etc): this allow player to have motivation to this whole cycle knowing they can get improve their achievements and not just get some dollar.
    3- trading horseshoes for project collectibles?! not sure if all players might like this idea but i think it be good if free players/low spenders can get a chance to be able to get more collectibles too. this makes competition between co-ops more alive. (than the dead state that it has right now)
    4- *other future ideas by other players in this thread*
    edited 14.08.2014
    Why doesn't our farmhouse construction discount apply to building the greenhouse? Its only fair that it does since it is on our main farm. What is the harm in allowing us to use our farmhouse construction time? Considering all of the issues and bugs lately.
  • nkt1982nkt1982 Posts: 8
    edited 14.08.2014
    I personally don't like this update. Since the money (with huge profit) we earn from each slot is replaced with horseshoes. Now the money we earn from ship is only the bonus. I've once think the ship is my "money maker" :(
    edited 14.08.2014
    What is a real "bummer" is - many of us, did pour millions to build the Island, to get the seashells to be able to get seeds to exchange for Horseshoes, to unlock the Horse Stables in long run (I'm assuming).

Now let me see, for spending so much cash on the Island, I got :
    - Seashells , lol
    - no profit from growing produce on Island ,
    - no cash return from any left over money in Islands bank (all will be shells)
    - no money return for demo of the Island buildings
    - very expensive Seeds at the Seashells Trader
    - NO money again for the exotic fruit (can NOT sell it - it's for the ship only)
    - much less money (smaller prices & smaller bonus) on the SHIP
    - the SHIP MUST get exotic fruit , or it sits in port for full 6hrs

So now to the Conclusion !!! We spend huge amounts of money - to get no profit return & get our Ship-money-maker cut down to bare minimum :/ Really not happy now ... very badly thought out by the game-creative GGS team. You designed the Ship to make the game, get extra fun & profits for the Players and now - you found a way to "take it back" :( UNCOOL

The Horses , we waiting for !!! whoaaaa, for the amount of money I have spend on the Island & jumping thru hoops - I want a freakin' STALLION !!! more like an expensive Arab full-blooded race horse , than a work pony , lol

Will see in 20days ++ what happens, right ? Lets cross our fingers GGS creative team, will make some witty decisions , how to incorporate the horses - Unicorns & Pegasus welcome for that amount of island dollars never to come back to any of us, who build decent Island farm ;)

Cheers - beweirded, not so happy Big Farm Player
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 14.08.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    i gotta say i agree with alot of comments here after the update, this update whether be proved that is good or bad later, right now has made the game very vague.untill it be clear of how we can use horseshoes and what benefits the horses will have (& how much we need for what benefit) , i cant decide to throw away shells for seeds either.as volty mentioned, it really will be a bad joke if we end up with thousands of horseshoes and then be needing 25 horseshoes to unlock horses.plus if the horses only give dollar as prize, then once again it might be stupid to do this whole cycle. from dollar to shells and then from shell to horseshoes and then back to dollar? so here's the suggestion: I just hope u come up with very good benefits from horses and not just "dollar" or "some XP" otherwise this whole cycle might just not worth the effort if it be just for raising 1 dollar to 1.25 dollar at the end. (if even that)now what can be considered a good prize that worth the effort?here are my suggestions:1- new stables, limited buildings (like irish chicken coop) and not just high happiness deco only: this allows players to have motivation to do this whole cycle knowing they get something special out of it at least and not just dollar2- limited items needed for achievements (such as token, rose seeds, etc): this allow player to have motivation to this whole cycle knowing they can get improve their achievements and not just get some dollar.3- trading horseshoes for project collectibles?! not sure if all players might like this idea but i think it be good if free players/low spenders can get a chance to be able to get more collectibles too. this makes competition between co-ops more alive. (than the dead state that it has right now)4- *other future ideas by other players in this thread*
    those prizes that u suggest is good for high level player..and i think it make sense..why would we give a lot effort and spend a lot of dollars on the island farm just to get some dollars..but for a low level player like me, my main concern is to earn as much dollars as i can..but with that new reward from mr.barnacle, i think it's not really worth to trade my products..and the fact that we have to trade exotic fruits to get him to depart immediately, is just a pain..it somehow makes the island not really an optional farm..i might just ignore the ship from now on :( ..p/s: sorry; my english is not good..
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 14.08.2014
    again ( as I stated in another thread )......... I am not paying for a meal at a restaurant when the waiter and chef just say "trust me, I know it costs a lot, but let's surprise you". Meanwhile, the guy sitting next to me who has been waiting longer and has money to burn could care less because he's bored and not hungry anyways.

It's really that simple. Where is GGS losing this point?
    edited 14.08.2014
    Okay level 2 greenhouse takes 20 minutes to grow some limes. Will we ever get the opportunity to add humus to increase the amounts produced, please? I know we can buy the special seeds that will increase the amounts, but I would still like to know if we can/will be able to use humus. Since its on the main farm and its using up our building/construction time at least allow us to use humus.
    edited 14.08.2014
    enochnock wrote: »
    Okay level 2 greenhouse takes 20 minutes to grow some limes. Will we ever get the opportunity to add humus to increase the amounts produced, please? I know we can buy the special seeds that will increase the amounts, but I would still like to know if we can/will be able to use humus. Since its on the main farm and its using up our building/construction time at least allow us to use humus.

Never, it's like the Nursery, not like a field.
  • MollieGlitch (US1)MollieGlitch (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    edited 14.08.2014
    Sorry, guys. Nice try, but our co-op lost its highest ranking member -- triple digits -- right after this update. It's just getting to be too much. I'm pretty sure how most of the others will feel once they get here, too. No way can I do everything that needs to be done without taking up residence in front of this computer and ditching the island farm or going into hock for gold. None of that is going to happen. Production farmers may be the only winners here.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 14.08.2014
    I just can't keep up. Need certs to open the island, need shells to buy um, what? Decor too big to actually use?
    Of my three farms I bankrupted one of them trying to support the island. Thankfully the ship made money so I could do that. Now I can't even send it on it's way because it demands things I can't even provide?

The announcement about this greenhouse right up front will require gold. I may as well just stop right now.
    I have asked for a gold lock (As have MANY other people) for a long time. All this new stuff no one can find time to do something? You won't be getting any gold from me without one. Too many times a slip of the mouse costed me real money. I would spend on this game IF I knew I could allocate it where I want and not lose it with a gimpy mouse.

I like new stuff to figure out. But this is just insane. What ever happened to keep it simple?
    Why can't we buy stuff, ALL stuff with dollars? Not shells, or horseshoes????? Really? Do people carry horseshoes around and trade them for goods?
    GGS really is losing its grip on reality over there [removed drug reference | Nafaru].
    edited 14.08.2014
    What is a real "bummer" is - many of us, did pour millions to build the Island, to get the seashells to be able to get seeds to exchange for Horseshoes, to unlock the Horse Stables in long run (I'm assuming).

Now let me see, for spending so much cash on the Island, I got :
    - Seashells , lol
    - no profit from growing produce on Island ,
    - no cash return from any left over money in Islands bank (all will be shells)
    - no money return for demo of the Island buildings
    - very expensive Seeds at the Seashells Trader
    - NO money again for the exotic fruit (can NOT sell it - it's for the ship only)
    - much less money (smaller prices & smaller bonus) on the SHIP
    - the SHIP MUST get exotic fruit , or it sits in port for full 6hrs

So now to the Conclusion !!! We spend huge amounts of money - to get no profit return & get our Ship-money-maker cut down to bare minimum :/ Really not happy now ... very badly thought out by the game-creative GGS team. You designed the Ship to make the game, get extra fun & profits for the Players and now - you found a way to "take it back" :( UNCOOL

The Horses , we waiting for !!! whoaaaa, for the amount of money I have spend on the Island & jumping thru hoops - I want a freakin' STALLION !!! more like an expensive Arab full-blooded race horse , than a work pony , lol

Will see in 20days ++ what happens, right ? Lets cross our fingers GGS creative team, will make some witty decisions , how to incorporate the horses - Unicorns & Pegasus welcome for that amount of island dollars never to come back to any of us, who build decent Island farm ;)

Cheers - beweirded, not so happy Big Farm Player

I was going to say that your Arabian stallions seem humble and unicorns are the least we can expect (as you then said yourself). Maybe Omar will sell us a pegasus. On the next April 1st.

:(
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 14.08.2014
    If and when the Island is to high level players (i'm on level 75 and I don't think I can finish all chapters, especially now that changes to the ship have cut my revenues a lot) now the ship is to high level players too. Those seeds are unbelievably expensive.
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 14.08.2014
    ok why wont my greenhouse grow the seeds it comes up with an error message

This is an invalid ID.
    Support-Info:
    Command: PBFarmProduceResponse
    ErrorCode: 4
    Timestamp: 1408029740
    Zone: 11
    PID:231791

will this be sorted please as my boat now wants these
    Michele

ps its working now
    edited 14.08.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    I like new stuff to figure out. But this is just insane. What ever happened to keep it simple?
    Why can't we buy stuff, ALL stuff with dollars? Not shells, or horseshoes????? Really? Do people carry horseshoes around and trade them for goods?
    GGS really is losing its grip on reality over there [removed drug reference | Nafaru]

I want some of that "weed" , rofl - maybe I will see "My little Pony" worth 20-25mln (or more, sanked on the beautiful Island, lol)
  • Bosbes68Bosbes68 Posts: 27
    edited 14.08.2014
    Babett3 wrote: »
    you know what? you are completely right! i was thinking the same. this game is no longer relaxing! it became work to play everything it and it seems there will be more work to come...

i use to play farmville for years and in the beginning it was like this game. it was relaxing and fun, then the updates began and more and more real money was required to play it to the fullest... thats why i quit playing farmville and was really relieved to find this game, because it was relaxing and fun. now i wonder where bigfarm is heading and when it is time to quit this game...

actually... I just saw that it is not doable for me to fill the boat anymore. And I have been thinking of leaving. Again... I left over half a year ago and came back because I was curious about the changes on farm2. Gonna have to think about this, for my coöp. Grtz, Vera
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 14.08.2014
    i just used all my shells for buy greenhouse seeds, wonder how i will do
  • Jatho500 (US1)Jatho500 (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 14.08.2014
    seems the island bank bug has carried over to the greenhouse....I ran the first upgrade, but the building did not level up, and now the next upgrade said 2h, but when I started it, it was actually a 5h upgrade! so I'm stuck. I just hope the greenhouse actually upgrades this time.
Sign In to comment.