Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Island Farm!

Comments

• ellen3131 (NL1)ellen3131 (NL1) Posts: 33
    edited 13.08.2014
    I'm not that far on the Island yet, but from what I read I might as well stop playing. I don't buy gold and from what I read, you can only finish if you buy houses with gold, which I refuse to do. I understand people who buy gold get to finish faster, but it shouldn't be made impossible to win without buying gold.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 13.08.2014
    ellen3131 wrote: »
    I'm not that far on the Island yet, but from what I read I might as well stop playing. I don't buy gold and from what I read, you can only finish if you buy houses with gold, which I refuse to do. I understand people who buy gold get to finish faster, but it shouldn't be made impossible to win without buying gold.

I'm on 3 task of chapter 2 without gold, but it cost me a lot of dollars and time. High level player of course, if not - it's pointless to go too far on the island.

Attachment not found.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 13.08.2014
    I am just doing the 300 slush puppies,ran out of money feeding peacocks,lemurs I am only level 61 dont have million,gold to pour into island When comes around again maybe richer
  • DLMPlayer (US1)DLMPlayer (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 13.08.2014
    i dont know for sure but the chapters and the tasks are different things. you don't have to complete all task to still complete chapters so you don't have to spend money to get tasks don't or upgrade for a task to still do all the chapters
  • mrbond855mrbond855 Posts: 23
    edited 13.08.2014
    chapter 3 - step 2:
    - harvest 9,000 coconuts

and task: upgrade beach bar to level 4
  • DLMPlayer (US1)DLMPlayer (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 13.08.2014
    i wish we could ship fertilizer to the island even at a shipping charge (not Gold) it would sure help producing fertilizer and is holding me back the need for the dung from coups is holding me back that is
  • ellen3131 (NL1)ellen3131 (NL1) Posts: 33
    edited 13.08.2014
    Volty wrote: »
    I'm on 3 task of chapter 2 without gold, but it cost me a lot of dollars and time. High level player of course, if not - it's pointless to go too far on the island.

Attachment not found.

I'm on task 3 of chapter 1 (I think, the red book on the right says 1 anyway), level 80. But my buildings stand still half the time because everything takes so long.
  • ivo77ivo77 Posts: 2
    edited 13.08.2014
    is there something wrong with the clock on the island.i should be able to play for 30 days,but after only a half day the clock says theres only 21 days of left
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 13.08.2014
    ivo77 wrote: »
    is there something wrong with the clock on the island.i should be able to play for 30 days,but after only a half day the clock says theres only 21 days of left

Did you just reach level 30? The event is already ongoing for about a week. If you weren't level 30 when the event started for us higher levels, you fall into the event later and thus miss the time. Same with the week events, if you reach the correct level on the last day of the event, you only have that day to complete it.
  • MrsSGBrownUserMrsSGBrownUser Posts: 84
    edited 13.08.2014
    DLMPlayer wrote: »
    i dont know for sure but the chapters and the tasks are different things. you don't have to complete all task to still complete chapters so you don't have to spend money to get tasks don't or upgrade for a task to still do all the chapters

If tasks are to upgrade buildings fields etc you have no choice but to spend money in order to compllete tasks and the buildings and fields are then useless if you don't have enough workers for them so you have to upgrade houses or build more houses which means buying more land and its an endless cycle of spend spend spend. I am in task 3 if chapter 1 like the player above and I will be lucky to finish chapter one before my money runs out. I deliberately set aside a budget for this island farm but it has been very hard to keep to it. I have been looking at it as more of a fun thing than a productive one, I hope I get the first decoration to show for it. But I would also like to make the farm profitable and I wonder if we can change island dollars back into farm dollars if that happens? Does anyone know?
    edited 13.08.2014
    [...]But I would also like to make the farm profitable and I wonder if we can change island dollars back into farm dollars if that happens? Does anyone know?

We get nothing else out of this island farm than shells, shells, shells. The island dollars that are left at the end of the event will be transferred into, you guessed it, shells. There is no way to transfer them back into farm dollars, unfortunately.
  • ivo77ivo77 Posts: 2
    edited 13.08.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Did you just reach level 30? The event is already ongoing for about a week. If you weren't level 30 when the event started for us higher levels, you fall into the event later and thus miss the time. Same with the week events, if you reach the correct level on the last day of the event, you only have that day to complete it.

yes i did just reached level 30.thanks for making it clear
  • Cerberoz (US1)Cerberoz (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 13.08.2014
    Is it worth it? Heck I'm spending millions in order to finish the tasks...
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 13.08.2014
    Cerberoz wrote: »
    Is it worth it? Heck I'm spending millions in order to finish the tasks...

That is the very reason why I did not even open the airport. I have upgrades to do on my main farm that are costing up to $20,000,000 and are taking 23hrs+ so it did not even interest me in doing the island farm.

Any money/XP I may lose from items needed on the boat I have already saved by just working my 3 main farms. I cannot see the point in racing through this - it will be available again in the future, by which time I might have reached a high enough level where I do not have much to do on main farms and have the cash necessary to take part in the event.
  • edited 13.08.2014
    Is there some way to see where you are in the chapter that you are working on? Do the tasks keep you going through the items for each chapter, like keeping track of how many drinks are needed and how many you have done? I'm level 56 and I've cut way back because things are just too expensive!!!!! I'd love to finish Chapter 1 at least, but just wondering if the game tracks it like other events or tasks where we have several steps to finish them? I've gotten as far as needing to name my farm, so I don't know what's next.
    edited 13.08.2014
    Is there some way to see where you are in the chapter that you are working on? Do the tasks keep you going through the items for each chapter, like keeping track of how many drinks are needed and how many you have done? I'm level 56 and I've cut way back because things are just too expensive!!!!! I'd love to finish Chapter 1 at least, but just wondering if the game tracks it like other events or tasks where we have several steps to finish them? I've gotten as far as needing to name my farm, so I don't know what's next.

The top task is the chapter task. It is the only task without the head of Johnny on it. If you open it you can see which of the 5 blocks you are at and how much you still need to complete that block. Every chapter holds 5 tasks. It works the same as with booktasks - they also exist from several blocks. All other tasks with Johnny are side tasks and not necessary to complete a chapter (though they do help with completing the chapter and are sometimes inevitable to be able to complete the chapter).
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 13.08.2014
    I think many people don't realise they do not need to do ALL the tasks to get to at least the end of chapter one and get a deco, but only the first one Larino just described.

That's much easier than fullfilling all the EXTRA tasks that demand costly upgrades.

Chapter 1 can be done with patience and mostly non-upgraded buildings.

MrsSGBrownUser, the chapter tasks only demand PRODUCTS from you.
  • Cerberoz (US1)Cerberoz (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 13.08.2014
    thanks for the response bdreish I'll just try finish without spending millions and if I can't finish... like you said it'll come back
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.08.2014
    Level 3 peacocks: $500,000
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 14.08.2014
    I just finished chapter one & got the first sandcastle... probably spent about $8 million I'd guess? And that's not counting the gold I had purchased just for upgrading & some houses.

Prices are rising so high so quickly now though I think I'm pretty much done. I may piddle around with some of the chapter 2 tasks but I won't be diverting money from my main farms like I was to fund chapter one. :-p
  • FarmerBlack (US1)FarmerBlack (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 14.08.2014
    The "Chapter 2 - Step 2" item I believe should be "Chapter 1 - Step 2".
    You need the Mango Orchard for Task 3, and the Peacocks for the Dung to make the Fertilizer to run them.
  • edited 14.08.2014
    The top task is the chapter task. It is the only task without the head of Johnny on it. If you open it you can see which of the 5 blocks you are at and how much you still need to complete that block. Every chapter holds 5 tasks. It works the same as with booktasks - they also exist from several blocks. All other tasks with Johnny are side tasks and not necessary to complete a chapter (though they do help with completing the chapter and are sometimes inevitable to be able to complete the chapter).

Thanks, I got it. I had done all the tasks except naming my farm and it was the only task left. Once I did that the rest all showed up.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 14.08.2014
    Cerberoz wrote: »
    thanks for the response bdreish I'll just try finish without spending millions and if I can't finish... like you said it'll come back

Your welcome. Good luck with the island farm, you will have to let me know how you get on and if you manage to get items for the boat.
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 14.08.2014
    We get nothing else out of this island farm than shells, shells, shells. The island dollars that are left at the end of the event will be transferred into, you guessed it, shells. There is no way to transfer them back into farm dollars, unfortunately.

Hello Larino - do you have any information, as to what the exchange rate will be for the Island dollars to shells? I can NOT find the exchange factor posted anywhere in the GGS info :/
    Would wanted to know, if I should pour extra cash-in, or keep only what I need for running the buildings.

Yes, everything on the Island pays in shells - you make zero profit from all the buildings - ALL SEASHELLS !! which is a pain, to have to transfer extra cash to have money to get the farm to operate :)
    Oh, well - not spending any shells on the decos from the Green Island Truck parked on my Main farm, as Im not sure , what will be required and how much for the Seeds. And since Im not foreseeing myself doing the Island Event again, soon ....... Way to expensive money wise & time wise for singular building spot , we gotta share.
    edited 14.08.2014
    Hello Larino - do you have any information, as to what the exchange rate will be for the Island dollars to shells? I can NOT find the exchange factor posted anywhere in the GGS info :/
    Would wanted to know, if I should pour extra cash-in, or keep only what I need for running the buildings.[...]

Nope, if you cannot find it, then I cannot find it either :) We will have to do with all the info GGS gave us and the exchange rate is not part of that. They have been trying to get it out of GGS staff, but I think they did not manage. We'll have to wait and see...
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 14.08.2014
    Nope, if you cannot find it, then I cannot find it either :) We will have to do with all the info GGS gave us and the exchange rate is not part of that. They have been trying to get it out of GGS staff, but I think they did not manage. We'll have to wait and see...

Yes, indeed - we gotta wait ;)
    Till then the Seeds arrived with the update just done few minutes ago - WOW !!! Look at the prices of those seeds , the Seashells prices are matching the expensive taste of the Island too O.O

m89CbKG.png
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 14.08.2014
    My ship docked asked for limes + honeydew melons,had none Thankfully found seeds but have to plant them Hope enough time to grow them before ship heads home

ship wants 183 limes seeds produce 18 for over 1000+ shells Limes take 18 mins to grow Will not be able to fill ship much. Don,t have enough shells to buy lots of special seeds I am not happy bunnyX(

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • pasohduah (INT1)pasohduah (INT1) Posts: 66
    edited 14.08.2014
    Luckily I abandoned the Island farm on the second day itself...Too much time will be wasted on this just to get everything wiped out after 30 days.
    Anyway,for those whose time have no value...enjoy..
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 14.08.2014
    Yes, indeed - we gotta wait ;)
    Till then the Seeds arrived with the update just done few minutes ago - WOW !!! Look at the prices of those seeds , the Seashells prices are matching the expensive taste of the Island too O.O

m89CbKG.png

While our old products are worth horsepoop. This really is the final straw for me.

Edit by PINJO
  • edited 14.08.2014
    pasohduah wrote: »
    Luckily I abandoned the Island farm on the second day itself...Too much time will be wasted on this just to get everything wiped out after 30 days.
    Anyway,for those whose time have no value...enjoy..

You will not be able to fill the ship and will be missin gout on extra $ and XP
    So maybe it is not a waste of time afterall ;)
This discussion has been closed.