Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 7th - Player of the week - Discussion

2»

Comments

• jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 08.08.2014
    We are always being told that there is not to be any naming and shaming in the Forum. But now they are going to put the name of the BIGGEST MISSION GOLD SKIPPER on the front page! Don't really see how any pride can be taken from that.
    rhinana wrote: »
    Let's just rename it "Factory Farm of the Week" and be done with it already.

These two quotes made my day.
  • freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 08.08.2014
    I started an Alternative Farmer of the Week thread for people with less conventional accomplishments. Make sure you nominate your favorite alternative achiever :-)

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?117678-Alternative-Farmer-of-the-Week&p=1357866#post1357866
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 08.08.2014
    I second what the others are saying, nice feature but because there are already a few players (or in our server's case just 1) who achieve so, so astronomically high numbers of points each week compared to the rest that there's no way anyone is going to earn more than them any given week to end up there.
    So, it's a mission leader board for only the 1st rank, and the 1st rank never changes on some servers.

Then again it depends on the server I guess. So I only hope newer players or those looking to get into doing missions more often don't get demoralized by those sky-high numbers. :3
  • TonyPlayer2 (AU1)TonyPlayer2 (AU1) Posts: 48
    edited 09.08.2014
    Come on GGS you already know who the few players are going to be Player of the week are, so quit the bulpucky and like every other organisation whether it be business or sport and support the real achievers who bust their guts out with the missions. They could come 20th or 50th in rankings, but work 10 times harder than number 1. I know this means getting off your butts and doing some work, but hey aren't ALL your players worth it!!!!!
  • doodz6doodz6 Posts: 2
    edited 09.08.2014
    any explanation about the green house?
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 09.08.2014
    I don't think that the concept of Player of the Week is bad at all, but I was a bit disappointed to learn that it was for reputation points and, therefore, missions. The top players are so far ahead (on the US server - can't speak for any others) that no one will have much chance of catching up. In fact, the top player hasn't moved from the top spot in forever and is quite far ahead of 2nd and 3rd places. Gold use? Definitely. Even this persons Island Farm is maxed out with expansions and has a lot of the buildings and fields (multiples) already. Gold use in missions? Probably, but I don't know for sure so I don't want to throw around accusations. Gold buying and use is a choice, anyway. If they chose to buy and use it for missions or building or upgrading or expanding, that's up to them. It's not a cheat.

It's just too bad that very few others will have a chance at PotW.

Like I said, the idea is fine. But I wish it could be set up differently. I play another game that does PotW occasionally, and they just take in all active IP addy's for that week and randomly pick someone, who then wins a small in-game gift. This way, it's different and any players who are active have a chance at winning. I'd like this idea a whole lot more if it was set up similar to that, rather than who buys the most gold or who's on the computer and this game 24/7.

Just my two cents. At least I don't depend on my name up in lights! ;):)

Edit by PINJO: removed the player name
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 09.08.2014
    Just checked, studbuzzard s in op position right now for this week
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 09.08.2014
    YOU DONT NEED GOLD TO GET PLAYER OF THE WEEK you can ear it with out why are you all so rude
  • edited 09.08.2014
    They aren't being rude, they are stating a fact.
    Pizza have you seen the weekly mission rankings? The only possible way you are gonna be able to be #1 without using gold is by playing missions 24 hours a day seven days a week, and that might not even be enough.

I like the idea of a player of the week, just not the way they put it in the game.

~Space~
  • edited 09.08.2014
    Pizza have you seen the weekly mission rankings? The only possible way you are gonna be able to be #1 without using gold is by playing missions 24 hours a day seven days a week, and that might not even be enough.

I like the idea of a player of the week, just not the way they put it in the game.

~Space~

Pizza knows the mission rankings plenty well. He/she is in the same co-op as a certain other though. I seriously doubt that particular person needs to gold to win.

My guess is maybe they did back when starting out, but honestly, if you see the farms the person works with...they don't need gold to win! Gold to build their farm to that point, yes. But I doubt they use gold to win any missions, who'd need to with that farm?!

I can't say others in the rankings do or don't, but if their farms are similar, then they don't likely use gold just to win either. It still boils down to gold use!! Don't get me wrong on that! It just is used in building their farms up, not in running missions.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 10.08.2014
    I do not know if this matters but i have seen certain players win and i am almost positive ow they did not use gold. The way i saw it was, i went to his farm. I looked at how much they were harvesting during the mission, then look at their farm and compare what they are doing compared to how many coops they have of each and what level the coops are. I saw a farmer get over 15,000 eggs. Why?, because he had enough coops on both the gourmet farm and main farm to suppport it. He won hands down. Over 200 certs for that mission because I talked to him via message.
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 10.08.2014
    DG312 wrote: »
    Why not just call it "Mug who has blown the most cash on gold to collect loads of stuff during missions this week"?
    Why not call it the player that dished out the beatings this week ... GOOD JOB MISS MIMI YOUR AWESOME....
  • Neets (US1)Neets (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 10.08.2014
    Mimi is great for many reasons, but those in her co-op also know how amazing she is as a Leader also. She def is amazing bustaa!
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 10.08.2014
    exactly farmer jojobell thank you
  • patricia857 (US1)patricia857 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 11.08.2014
    It's nice that they recognize the top player however I'll never get it because I always have missions by myself and never get very many reputation points hardly very fair
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 12.08.2014

~Space~

It might be said they don't work but they do.
    Some top players are computer programers so set up software to run their farms whilst they are not online
    yes you can be top of missions rankings i have done it but to make that many points as some have ( mentioning no names) just is not possible unless you are on 24 hrs 7 days a week
    I should know i have been at the top of the mission rankings and know how much time it takes to get up to top and trying to stay there. But i gave up trying after i see those who use software programs to achieve it were at the top.
    Some use robots to run their farms and some don't
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 12.08.2014
    Some top players are computer programers so set up software to run their farms whilst they are not online
    yes you can be top of missions rankings i have done it but to make that many points as some have ( mentioning no names) just is not possible unless you are on 24 hrs 7 days a week
    I should know i have been at the top of the mission rankings and know how much time it takes to get up to top and trying to stay there. But i gave up trying after i see those who use software programs to achieve it were at the top.

Well I'd bet that is a good way to get an account banned.
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 12.08.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    Well I'd bet that is a good way to get an account banned.

Its true some even admit it
  • ingse1 (GB1)ingse1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 32
    edited 13.08.2014
    And why would someone even bother doing that on this game ?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 13.08.2014
    Player of the Week will become a joke when it's the same player week after week after week. Especially since the matchmaking system has been a joke since day one.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.08.2014
    Ingse3 wrote: »
    And why would someone even bother doing that on this game ?

It's a way to get ahead. Some people like to get ahead.
  • Diane 01 (US1)Diane 01 (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 14.08.2014
    when are they going to change the missions to pigs, and donkeys ?????
    I HOPE ITS SOON
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 14.08.2014

How do I go about getting one of these robots? That would save me a lot of time in RL. ;)

Just kidding GGS :p
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 14.08.2014
    Its true some even admit it
    Ya probably the same person that sold you the vacation to Kansas for a deep sea fishing trip.... ;(
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 12.09.2014
    By now I find it embarrassing to read the same name week after week - not for the players, but for the game makers.
    edited 12.09.2014
    Surely this must be a bug! ;) The same "Player of the Week", for weeks on end. How could this happen? :huh: Boy, I sure didn't see this one coming! :whistling:
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 12.09.2014
    Perhaps after being "player of the week" a certain number of times, the player could be awarded Emeritus standing and then the player of the week honors would pass on to others?
  • momsb (US1)momsb (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    edited 12.09.2014
    That is a good idea djgreeneyes. Perhaps a hall of fame for reaching a set amount of weeks allowing other players a chance at the same title. And watch new names come up each day :)

Happy Farming!
    edited 13.09.2014
    Player of the Week will become a joke when it's the same player week after week after week.

Hmmm.... ESP? :huh: Or common sense? ;)
Sign In to comment.