Home EN The Chicken Coop

honoring Robin Williams

Tony44Gamer (INT1)Tony44Gamer (INT1) Posts: 94
edited 14.08.2014 in The Chicken Coop
In mid-2014, Williams had admitted himself into the Hazelden Foundation Addiction Treatment Center in Lindstrom, Minnesota, for continued sobriety treatment related to his alcoholism.[108] According to his publicist, Williams suffered from depression.[109]

At around 11:45 a.m. (PDT) on August 11, 2014, Williams was discovered by his personal assistant at his home near Tiburon, California.[110] Emergency 911 dispatchers received a call reporting Williams was unresponsive and not breathing about ten minutes later.[111] He was pronounced dead shortly after emergency personnel arrived, at 12:02 p.m. (PDT)[112][113][114]

The Marin County Sheriff's department reported there were cuts along Williams's left wrist, and that a pocket knife was found close to his body. The Sheriff's department confirmed on August 12, 2014 that Williams was found with a belt around his neck and that preliminary results of forensic examination supported his death to be a result of asphyxia by hanging.[115][116] Toxicology tests have since been scheduled
I hope other people in America care he also did Williams did a number of stand-up comedy tours, beginning in the early 1970s. Some of his tours include An Evening With Robin Williams (1982), Robin Williams: At The Met (1986), and Robin Williams LIVE on Broadway (2002). The latter broke many long-held records for a comedy show. In some cases, tickets were sold out within thirty minutes of going on sale.[56]

After a six-year break, in August 2008, Williams announced a new 26-city tour titled "Weapons of Self-Destruction". He said that this was his last chance to make cracks at the expense of the current Bush Administration, but by the time the show was staged, only a few minutes covered that subject. The tour started at the end of September 2009 and concluded in New York on December 3, and was the subject of an HBO special on December 8, 2009
also Williams appeared opposite Steve Martin at Lincoln Center in an Off-Broadway production of Waiting for Godot in 1988.[58] He made his Broadway acting debut in Rajiv Joseph's Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo, which opened at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on March 31, 2011.[59] He headlined his own one-man show, Robin Williams: Live on Broadway, that played at The Broadway Theatre in July 2002.[60]

R.I.P...... ROBIN WILLAMS :(
Post edited by Tony44Gamer (INT1) on
tony44gamer @ www1 the hope
tony44gamer @ EN1 no co-op
tony54player @ us1 here we go
tony44gamer @ AU1 no co-op

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 32,634
    edited 13.08.2014
    I grew up watching Robin Williams since his first TV role in Mork & Mindy. He was a tremendously talented individual who made countless people laugh over the years. His passing shows that no matter how wealthy, loved, or famous a person is, they are not immune to depression. He will be greatly missed.

• kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 13.08.2014
    I believe that not his talent should be talked about but his charitable works (Yes he was extremely talented and very funny)

I believe the following is a complete listing:

Aid Still Required
    American Foundation for AIDS Research
    Amnesty International
    Andre Agassi Foundation for Education
    Augie's Quest
    Bob Woodruff Foundation
    Celebrity Fight Night Foundation
    Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
    Comic Relief
    David Foster Foundation
    Doctors Without Borders
    Dogs Deserve Better
    Dream Foundation
    Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
    Heifer International
    International Medical Corps
    Keep Memory Alive
    LIVESTRONG
    Love Our Children USA
    Luke Neuhedel Foundation
    Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center
    MusiCares
    Prince's Rainforests Project
    Prince's Trust
    Robert F Kennedy Memorial
    Smile Train
    St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
    UNICEF
  • JbumpkinJbumpkin Posts: 4
    edited 13.08.2014
    Wow, Those are a lot of accomplishments! I thought he was a caring person, but didn't realize he was so busy in helping others like that. Great for him. :)
    Jbumpkin @ us 1
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.08.2014
    Dead Poets Society was one of the reasons I went into teaching. :D
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 14.08.2014
    I am all for praising him for his talent but a lot of times people forget how much good people do in the world and forget to praise people on those things that are not noticed a lot of times
  • Tony44Gamer (INT1)Tony44Gamer (INT1) Posts: 94
    edited 14.08.2014
    thank you for showing what else he has done for the charity
    tony44gamer @ www1 the hope
    tony44gamer @ EN1 no co-op
    tony54player @ us1 here we go
    tony44gamer @ AU1 no co-op
This discussion has been closed.