Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• asklov (SKN1)asklov (SKN1) Posts: 9
    edited 11.08.2014
    YEEEAAAAAHHHH - I've done the Island farm! I finished it - what a thrill - I got 30 sticker points as a reward!
    Can't wait to do it all over again!!!!!!!!
    Well, my curiosity killed my senses. Not to happen again. Before Next update - I'll buy shares in "good"gamebig farm. 'Cause if the majority acts like me - I'll get my gold back in a winck. If not even faster.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 12.08.2014
    Do peacocks (or fine, peafowl) lay eggs? Because if so, why can't I use them in missions or projects? :P
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 12.08.2014
    Asklov, good for you ;) You where lucky, congratulations.

I'm not gonna even try to finish the event this time. Maybe someday, when i'm higher level...
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 12.08.2014
    Hello hello,

as you may have realized, Latten and I have been a bit silent lately. This is partly due to holiday season (Latten is on vacation right now) and partly due to the fact that we have been forwarding your feedback, reporting bugs and discussing all kinds of island farm related things.

Anyways, I think it's time to answer some questions and clarify some things.

First of all, the UFO event started on all servers. If you would like to participate, feel free to do so. :)
    This event - on top of the island farm - was mostly started for lower level players who had no other events to work with since the island farm only starts from level 30 on. We felt they also deserved to get something to do in the meantime. :D
    Warhola wrote: »
    So does peacock and lemur poo count towards poo missions?

Unfortunately not, Warhola.
    While the dung itself counts towards your general dung pile, it cannot count towards missions because of the temporary nature of the event. I would like to say "what happens on the island, stays on the island" but it seems the dung can be smelled even on your main farm. ;)

This is a bit misleading and we will check if missions could be reworded so you don't get disappointed if island dung does not count properly.
    jess_d wrote: »
    I have a question. I understand that whatever products we have in our inventory when the island farm ends will be converted to shells but what about production facilities? Will we get some shells for the buildings, fields & orchards we build or should I plan to demolish them before the event ends?

jess_d, as it stands now, this conversion will only happen for island dollars and goods in your island farm management, as announced in the teasers.
    However, as part of our feedback towards the developers, we mentioned that it would be great to also get a compensation for buildings and they are investigating if that would be possible with the current balancing concept. :)
    Why is there no demolition value for anything on the island farm?

There is currently a bug in the game that prevents the demolition value from being displayed, RunWivScissors.

I can, however, show you some values so you can estimate how many shells you would get for a demolition process. Here we go:

island field level 1 - 60 shells
    peacock stable level 3 - 1,500 shells
    banana orchard level 4 - 24,000 shells
    fancy house (on island) level 2 - 1,200 shells
    Comfy hammock (on island) - 12,000 shells
    Aniron wrote: »
    It would help if we at least know the prices of these seeds though.

Aniron, the patchnotes for the greenhouse will follow soon. In the discussion about this update, you may also ask the same question and we will answer as good as we can for now. :)
    nig4x4 wrote: »
    Ruety Farmer, I was wondering who would ask. They way things are going lately I'm suspecting the new seeds will prove to be a huge disappointment and the horses will be another money pit producing ....... a pittance of useless certificates! I hope I'm completely wrong!

nig4x4, the horse ranch is still in its conception phase, but from what I've seen so far, there will be a lot to discover. If you have any fears about the horse ranch, feel free to voice them, but do so in a thread in an appropriate forum (either suggestions or questions about the game - whatever suits your doubts best). :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 12.08.2014
    Nafaru--can you tell us anything about when Island Bank bug will be fixed? The proposed update on 8/14 sounds great -- but I'm still miffed about being set back on island event due to bank update bug.
    edited 12.08.2014
    Nafaru--can you tell us anything about when Island Bank bug will be fixed? The proposed update on 8/14 sounds great -- but I'm still miffed about being set back on island event due to bank update bug.

We're determined to have the bug fixed with that update at the latest, djgreeneyes. The earlier, the better.

However, that bug is a tricky one to fix. If the fix itself could harm the functionality of other game elements, we might have to postpone it further. Fingers crossed nothing resurfaces in the upcoming tests!
  • djgreeneyes (US1)djgreeneyes (US1) Posts: 1,766
    edited 12.08.2014
    Thanks for responding so quickly. I have another question, tho. For people who updated the bank and then did not get the benefit of that update every time thereafter that they transferred money, will there be some recompense? Would it be possible to simply multiply the number of times money was transferred after the failed update and then give that monetary difference to the island farm (of course taking suitable dollars difference from main farms account to cover)? For example, say I transferred money 10 times since failed update - I am down $1.5M for each transfer, even though I had sufficient money to transfer in main farms account. Any possibility of getting any of that 10x$1.5M put into island account?
  • edited 12.08.2014
    I am at the second chapter and 1rst task now.
    Until now I have spend over $35.000.000 to transfer to Island $
    On the account of my Island is $ 6.500.000

A new piece of land will cost me $8.500.000, so that is no option.

I am level 85 and I have a reasonable income, but it is really impossible to manage the Island.
    Maybe it was a good idea if you told us to safe a fortune before we began.... :-(
    edited 12.08.2014
    Thanks for responding so quickly. I have another question, tho. For people who updated the bank and then did not get the benefit of that update every time thereafter that they transferred money, will there be some recompense? Would it be possible to simply multiply the number of times money was transferred after the failed update and then give that monetary difference to the island farm (of course taking suitable dollars difference from main farms account to cover)? For example, say I transferred money 10 times since failed update - I am down $1.5M for each transfer, even though I had sufficient money to transfer in main farms account. Any possibility of getting any of that 10x$1.5M put into island account?

Hey djgreeneyes,

due to the nature of this bug, it is not possible to make an automated compensation, else we would have chosen this option. It's a matter of partly missing data that has to be sorted out manually by our support team and those guys are the ones you should best direct this question to. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 12.08.2014
    BesjeB wrote: »
    I am at the second chapter and 1rst task now.
    Until now I have spend over $35.000.000 to transfer to Island $
    On the account of my Island is $ 6.500.000

A new piece of land will cost me $8.500.000, so that is no option.

I am level 85 and I have a reasonable income, but it is really impossible to manage the Island.
    Maybe it was a good idea if you told us to safe a fortune before we began.... :-(

I'm feeling ill to think I will have to spend 35.000.000 just for chapter 1. I never even had 7.000.000 on my main farms or I would have upgraded flower farm yards. Ick. Hoping it will be cheaper to do it more slowly :/
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 12.08.2014
    does anyone know what the sandcastle is? i got it in an achievement on the island farm, but i can't find it anywhere.
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 13.08.2014
    sand castle is a deco you get from completed chapters if you have completed chapters you should get a sand castle it should be in the drop box
  • JojoBellJojoBell Posts: 44
    edited 13.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    I'm feeling ill to think I will have to spend 35.000.000 just for chapter 1. I never even had 7.000.000 on my main farms or I would have upgraded flower farm yards. Ick. Hoping it will be cheaper to do it more slowly :/

You do NOT have to pay 35 million for chapter 1!!! That is just the way the one person played... I am currently in the last task of chapter one and looking at about 7.5-8M. I did spend 500 on two gold houses. I deemed it worth it for the extra workers right away.

The costs depend on the person's playing style, on how much land you feel the urge to purchase (my next plot is only 1.9M and I don't even need it yet), and on how much happiness you have on the farm to assist in keeping the running costs down. My happiness is currently at -82 into the green. So pretty nice.

The island farm is the destroyer of any savings you may have had beforehand, but it might just be worth it in the long term. I'd rather fork over the cash (and use wise playing strategy) and have the shells at the end for the seeds and horse stable, then look back and say "I should've have done that".

Like just about everything in this game, patience pays off. Yup, annoying to sit and wait for the bank cool-down time, but I find that it is alright. Gives me time to make more money to transfer!! :-)
  • TXGma (US1)TXGma (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    edited 13.08.2014
    Thank you! That is the conclusion I am coming to. A co-op member just told me he spent 35 million dollars on the island already and hasn't even gotten to step 2. I'm at a standstill on the island since I am still trying to build my main farms. Not only do I have to use very precious gold to build on the island but it all goes away. That same investment will help me advance numerous levels on the permanent farm. Sort of discouraging when you are still working to contribute to your co-op and still be able to earn certificates to do other things (tractor,etc) so you can't really participate in the island. Now island products will be necessary to fill the ship meaning...I won't be able to fill all six slots and get the bonus...so we are losing there too. What a shame.
  • Jatho500 (US1)Jatho500 (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 13.08.2014
    My suggestion? Enjoy the island as an extra challenge in the game if you have the cash for it - don't waste gold on it!
  • CLEOJEAN (US1)CLEOJEAN (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 13.08.2014
    Has any one tried to upgrade their bank to level 5. I tried to upgrade mine and it would not go to level 5 the upgrade was done and it was stuck and stayed on level 4 would not acknowledge that it was being upgraded to level 5. I e-mailed support but have not heard any thing as of yet. I am not going to try and upgrade it again until they let me know they have fixed this problem.
    cleo
    edited 13.08.2014
    I stepped away. Back now. The Sandcastle- I just found it. I thought it was going to be on the Island farm, but apparently not.

i upgraded the bank all the way to level 7 without incident

Is there a list or chart anywhere with all of the chapters and there "prizes" listed?

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    edited 13.08.2014
    JojoBell wrote: »
    You do NOT have to pay 35 million for chapter 1!!! That is just the way the one person played... I am currently in the last task of chapter one and looking at about 7.5-8M. I did spend 500 on two gold houses. I deemed it worth it for the extra workers right away.

The costs depend on the person's playing style, on how much land you feel the urge to purchase (my next plot is only 1.9M and I don't even need it yet), and on how much happiness you have on the farm to assist in keeping the running costs down. My happiness is currently at -82 into the green. So pretty nice.

The island farm is the destroyer of any savings you may have had beforehand, but it might just be worth it in the long term. I'd rather fork over the cash (and use wise playing strategy) and have the shells at the end for the seeds and horse stable, then look back and say "I should've have done that".

Like just about everything in this game, patience pays off. Yup, annoying to sit and wait for the bank cool-down time, but I find that it is alright. Gives me time to make more money to transfer!! :-)

I've reached that conclusion myself in the meantime, and told others the same thing. Lots of time and no need to finish it all (or anything really), you get there with patience as well as millions.

(But I couldn't stop completely, as I wanted to because of the one-way cash flow; it's a clever lure to be able to build that quickly "just" with dollars).
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 13.08.2014
    chapter 1 takes 3-4mil max if not rush and maybe a few days of building, chapter 2 takes 10-20mil more max if not rush and about 10 days of building, but chapter 3 needs OVER NINE THOUSAND MILLONS (jk but i mean too much i.o.w 100mil+) plus whole month build busy and still not sure if even its possible to finish?!!!

ok i think at this rate alot ppl (including myself) will not even bother with chapter 3 so:

suggestion to ggs:
    little bit adjustment might be due for chapter 3 (either make the deco worth it like 105 happiness or something & definitely not 90 as its much much much much easier & cheaper to rather get a telescope with that happiness/ or make this chapter some easier at least)

p.s. this is not a complaint btw, i enjoy the island farm actually and am thankful for it, but still I will not bother with chapter 3 really never ever probably, if it remains as it is right now.
    edited 13.08.2014
    Is there a list or chart anywhere with all of the chapters and there "prizes" listed?
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.08.2014
    Check the first post of this topic.
  • CLEOJEAN (US1)CLEOJEAN (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 13.08.2014
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/4432vg8msxeeglr/island-farm.quests.pdf go here and see what find gavin Not sure what is there I am just visiting it now
    edited 14.08.2014
    what about the sand fortress? does anyone know its dimensions and value?
  • edited 14.08.2014
    @Snork and @JojoBell
    Like Griffith says, it is becoming more and more expensive and there is no way to avoid this.
    I am at the second task of chapter 2.
    You need all buildings (excapt for the Bananafield), 5 fields, 2x Mango, 2x coconut, 4x peacock and I have 9x deco and 8 houses.
    To fit this all on you farm, you have to buy at least 13 plots....costs: $ 9.600.000
    This is for the land only!
    I am not talking about the costs for production or the buildings and upgrades....only the land.

To do it with less isn't possible, because you need to place these buildings according to the tasks.

How I spend $ 40.000.000 ?
    Farm house level 4
    Bank level 7
    17 plots
    8 simple houses level 4
    ...etc etc.

My suggestion to ggs:
    The Island is great! But it is a little bit to expensive.
    I don't care if I loose all my fake Dollars, because I enjoy it, but it is not fair for the smaller player. For most people it is impossible to finish chapter 2 because of the costs.
    edited 14.08.2014
    Yes, BesjeB, I'm sure I wrote that I'm talking only of getting one deco and the first chapter finished. And while you of course need to build more buildings and hence buy more land IF you want to do more chapters, the upgrades of those buildings are not demanded in the chapter tasks, they are just sensible in the very long run.

Anyway, I now want to tell everyone to stop playing because the horseshoe rate is even more ridiculous than the island prices. Let's try to overcome our clicking addiction *morosely kicks horseshoe that should be made of bloody gold at that cost*
  • edited 14.08.2014
    Nobody knows what the horseshoes are worth, so nobody can say that they are a too expensive or worthless.

....or does somebody knows something I don't know? :love:
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 14.08.2014
    I don't know...
    But what i am thinking... is that people, who uses a lot of gold in to island... are having a horseshoes in the end...
    Gold--->horseshoes...
  • edited 14.08.2014
    I didn't use any gold, but spend a lot (really a lot) of Dollar in too the island.
    Today I came really close to my Oasis.... but now it is gone.... I bought seashells.
    I really put all my faith in too the hands of GGS. I hope they really thought about this horseshoe stuff and that the costs will be rewarded.

If not...they messed up their own game!
    edited 14.08.2014
    Hellooo,
    snork2 wrote: »
    The horseshoes are not extra, they are INSTEAD of the dollars for the products, which used to be at least 150 percent of the normal selling price. That is a gigantic loss.

This is only partly true, snork2!
    The current bonus rewards for 2 and 4 slots filled give you roundabout the same amount of dollars you received for handing over all goods and getting the ship bonus. The only thing that may change if you don't manage to fill all ship slots is the time you have to wait for the ship to leave and return - yes that means you may fill the first 4 slots less often in the beginning, but you will be able to manage later on.
    enochnock wrote: »
    Nafaru- I have a question about the greenhouse. Why is levels 6 & 7 architect levels? None of the other productions/houses on any of our farms are/have 2 levels of the architect stages. I hope that is an error/bug.

I'm sorry, but this is not an error, enochnock.
    Stages 6 and 7 are supposed to be a hard to achieve building with increased yields and that's why 2 architect stages were introduced to this building.

Regards,
    Steffi
    edited 14.08.2014
    Okay Steffi, if GGBF calculated the same better-than-sale prices for individual goods plus the equivalent percentage of the full-ship bonus to go into the new "mixed" reward, then to fill "only" 2 or "only" 4 slots now should actually be MORE profitable than it was before (it just doesn't seem or feel that way to me, but I don't do spreadsheets).
Sign In to comment.