Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - August 14th - Greenhouse and Ship V2 - Discussion

Post edited by CM Nafaru on

Comments

• Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 12.08.2014
    It was really quick ))
    I'm so enjoying this eventful vacation, thanks ))
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 12.08.2014
    Me too Volty! Can hardly wait to see this.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 12.08.2014
    • The greenhouse will be unlocked upon completion of the first island farm task.

Does this mean a first chapter or just that you open airport and bank and what was it, before chapter 1 ????
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 12.08.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Does this mean a first chapter or just that you open airport and bank and what was it, before chapter 1 ????

Hey Dara15,

this means that you have to complete the task to visit the farm. Once you collected the reward for this task, the greenhouse is unlocked and can be used. So basically all you have to do is unlocking the airport and travelling to the island for completion of said task.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 12.08.2014
    The building has 7 stages. The first 3 of these stages are available for dollars, all others cost gold.

How much is the gold for each of the last 4 stages for building the greenhouse please ? and will we still be able to use the greenhouse if we dont do the last 4 stages ?
    edited 12.08.2014
    Thank you Steffi

That is a good thing. Because i'm not gonna do the event this time, just the first things to have shells.:)
  • TuanMudaTuanMuda Posts: 1
    edited 12.08.2014
    It was really quick
  • linejl (SKN1)linejl (SKN1) Posts: 9
    edited 12.08.2014
    Please fix the Island bank bug as well !!!
    edited 12.08.2014
    linejl3 wrote: »
    Please fix the Island bank bug as well !!!

We're working on it and hope to have it fixed with the update! :D
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 12.08.2014
    this game is getting complicated.
    edited 12.08.2014
    Totally agree with you Dragonpride ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 12.08.2014
    ...so is that why the greenhouse is suddenly a tiny little brick building (still covered in tarp) and the pretty fountain is just a big puddle? 8|
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 12.08.2014
    3 stage for dollar and 4 stage for gold. can't stop to not have a bad feeling about this... hope the first 2 gold stages be cheap at least
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 12.08.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey Dara15,

this means that you have to complete the task to visit the farm. Once you collected the reward for this task, the greenhouse is unlocked and can be used. So basically all you have to do is unlocking the airport and travelling to the island for completion of said task.

Regards,
    Steffi

I had the same question! So all that means is we need the certs to be able to use on the island, and that's all, right? And once you've unlocked the airport you don't need to actually travel to the island? I'm not sure how much I like making orange fizz ad nauseam ;)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 12.08.2014
    Please oh please make the greenhouse bug free!
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 12.08.2014
    starsie wrote: »
    ...so is that why the greenhouse is suddenly a tiny little brick building (still covered in tarp) and the pretty fountain is just a big puddle? 8|

Because you only get the nice glass house and fountain for gold, I'm sure.
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 12.08.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    3 stage for dollar and 4 stage for gold. can't stop to not have a bad feeling about this... hope the first 2 gold stages be cheap at least

I completely agree why not 5 dollar stages and 2 gold like the dog house this way it would seem more reasonable for those players that do not buy gold or only buy it occasionally.
  • edited 12.08.2014
    I completely agree why not 5 dollar stages and 2 gold like the dog house this way it would seem more reasonable for those players that do not buy gold or only buy it occasionally.

In all likelihood, people only really need the first few stages to get things done anyway, so I suppose it doesn't really matter how many gold stages come afterwards. Much like the nursery! Most people can and do get along just fine with a level one nursery. Then, there are those who pay gold to upgrade it. They reap some benefits, which they deem worthy of gold use, but others do not. Same with the greenhouse!

I, for one, don't see a use in a big massive greenhouse, when I can get what I need from the dollar versions.
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 12.08.2014
    I was glad to read that the task to unlock the greenhouse was just to open the airport. I had wondered about that, too, and had a fear that we'd have to complete chapter 1 or something lol. I'm still on the dratted orange fizz... I doubt I'll ever see the end of chapter 1. :( But that's okay, it's how I do all events; I'm not around often enough or long enough to do much, so I just do what I can. Most events come and go with me barely having worked on them, or sometimes not at all - I don't reap many rewards lol. The greenhouse sounds interesting, though! And the ship, too, though I usually just do what I can on that one, as well. :)

Any idea on how many shells the new seeds will cost? (please say [much] less than the decorations... lol).
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 12.08.2014
    Thanks for updating it during the island event so we get a chance to mess with the seeds while we have shells - I already spent some to test if one of the bigger decos fits my gourmet farm, would be sad if I didn't have any event time left to collect more shells!
    Great timing, looking forward to it and I'm sure the greenhouse will be just like the nursery; sure it's nice to have it maxed but I honestly do just fine without a maxed one too.
    edited 13.08.2014
    Good morning :) It's 5.32 am here and i woke up about an hour ago. Had my coffee and more coffee ;) But i'm not so sure if i can read or write correctly yet.. maybe some more coffee...

It came to my mind to ask about the upgrade about the greenhouse... Is it going to take our building slot, or is it like tractors?
    I hope it's not taken building time from other upgrades.....
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 13.08.2014
    Good morning :) It's 5.32 am here and i woke up about an hour ago. Had my coffee and more coffee ;) But i'm not so sure if i can read or write correctly yet.. maybe some more coffee...

It came to my mind to ask about the upgrade about the greenhouse... Is it going to take our building slot, or is it like tractors?
    I hope it's not taken building time from other upgrades.....

Morning ;)
    The Mine upgrade took our building slot ... so... I think the Greenhouse will either )
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 13.08.2014
    12 minutes to go before the upgrade.... its so late her in the good ol' US of A and after working all day and then reading all the Update Info and the posts here I am thoroughly confused.. so it is off to bed and hope I can sort it all out after getting a good night's sleep! I will admit tho it is exciting to final see what we are up against!!
    Happy Farming!!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 13.08.2014
    The update is due for tomorrow: thursday August 14!! Not today.
    edited 13.08.2014
    Helloooooo,
    starsie wrote: »

Exactly, starsie. :)

The greenhouse has been adjusted to take on the form of stage 1 as a preview of what there is to come.
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    I had the same question! So all that means is we need the certs to be able to use on the island, and that's all, right? And once you've unlocked the airport you don't need to actually travel to the island? I'm not sure how much I like making orange fizz ad nauseam ;)

You will have to travel to the island at least once, jaystarr, to finish the task that asks you to go to the island. The island tutorial and chapter quests, however, do not need to be worked on to unlock the 2 new features. :)

Kelly1028 wrote: »
    Any idea on how many shells the new seeds will cost? (please say [much] less than the decorations... lol).

Hey Kelly1028, one pack of seeds will definitely not be as expensive as the oasis of idleness. ;)
    There will, however, be cheaper and more expensive seeds.

Dara15, the greenhouse indeed works like the mine. So yes, upgrading the greenhouse will occupy your build slot for a while.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • edited 13.08.2014
    Do the tasks at the left automatically take you through Chapter 1, 2, and 3, so you can keep track of how many Orange Fizz Drinks you make, etc.?
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 13.08.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    The update is due for tomorrow: thursday August 14!! Not today.

Thank you Jiesta... it is tough getting old... I am a day ahead of myself...I am going back to bed!! ROFL!!
    Happy Farming!
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 13.08.2014
    So in other words, you managed, again,to make more gold and limiting players that do not want or can't purchase gold, thus creating 2 categories of players. The more you go, the more you introduce ways to draw more gold from us.

I know your corporation needs to make a profit... I've said that already in the past but you are getting greedier and greedier as you go. I'm a gold player myself... just check my farms.... They are painted in BLUE. But you know what, I'm a bit sick and tired of your game and the way you always want more gold. I've spent my fair share and contributed to your profit. And your little scheme to always offer some cheap stuff for non-gold players and your famous claim " See! You don't have to play with gold if you don't want to." is really getting old.

When will this "let's milk our money cows festival ever stop"?

IO
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 14.08.2014
    I've been on vacation the past month and using really slow internet. Trying to enjoy this game but with all these new features and loading times, I am so overwhelmed with these new updates. I miss the days when we just had 3 farms to tend to.

But the island and all these upcoming updates seem so unrelated to the game.

Stick to that wonderful philosophy: K.I.S.S. Otherwise, you might be actually discouraging people from playing your game. I find it incredibly difficult to justify sitting/playing this game for hours on end just to fulfill all these new parts of the game. I don't think I'm the only one feeling this way.

If it wasn't for my cooperative, I'd have left this game months ago and that isn't a good thing. I really enjoyed this game when I first started.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 14.08.2014
    update got canceled for today? ;(
Sign In to comment.