Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Island Farm!

Comments

• Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 11.08.2014
    They are staying in your inventory. We need them later, when we have a greenhouse....

So, don't use them all, you will need them :)
  • edited 11.08.2014
    I enjoyed the first few days of the Island, and I would love to continue the fun, cant wait for everything to become active, but at just over level 55 1/2, I need so many millions and millions of dollars to do my upgrades on the 3 farms I have, I just don't see how I can continue to afford the very high prices and long build times with the Island farm. I don't see that the Island Farm is making any money to help build it. There are so many bugs in it too from what I see on the forums and many are saying it is losing money. I'm going to stay on a budget and back off on that a bit until some of the bugs get worked out, I just can't afford the cost and the time to build right now, but mainly the costs just don't make sense. It doesn't make sense to me to have to upgrade the bank, it seems GGS would make more money just leaving it open. Anyway, there have been a lot of good suggestions, I don't think anything has disappeared on my farm yet. I wonder if they do any testing on the game with some real players to see how things go before it put out. I sure would not want anything to disappear, whether I used farm dollars, Island dollars, game gold, or purchased gold. They really do need a gold lock--or a spend lock in general everywhere, an are you sure you want to use gold or donate a certain amount of $ So many bugs, I think I'll hang back a little and keep on reading the forums. Maybe Chapter 1 only since I invested so much already or just drop it for now. ????????
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 11.08.2014
    KenziMAK wrote: »
    Farm Tasks for Chap 1 Part 3:
    1. Own 2 fields level 2 Reward: 20 Premium Island Hummus
    2. Own 1 composter Level 1 Reward: 50 leaves
    3. Own silo Level 2 Reward: 250 dung

Farm Tasks for Chap 1 Part 4:
    1. Have 4 level 1 peacock coops Reward: Premium Peacock Feed x 40
    2. Have 2 mango orchards Level 2 Reward: Premium Island Fertilizer x 40

Could we perhaps also have those tasks in the overview, Prince Mannish? I'm not sure if I should upgrade my single mango grove or not - if only having TWO brings a reward, but maybe one also gave a reward? Thanks again!
    edited 11.08.2014
    SaumyaD2 wrote: »
    Chapter 1

Step 5 - Sell 10,000 peacock, Collect 90,000 sea shells
    Reward - 450,000 Sea shells

Just realised I have no idea how I could collect that many shells??? How exactly is that done?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 11.08.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    Just realised I have no idea how I could collect that many shells??? How exactly is that done?

Sell what you need to sell. Selling the 10,000 peacocks already seems to give 70,000 according to my co-op members. And you can sell some orange fizz, they do not seem to ask for selling orange fizz for any task.
    edited 11.08.2014
    Ah good, just that, thanks.
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 11.08.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Sell what you need to sell. Selling the 10,000 peacocks already seems to give 70,000 according to my co-op members. And you can sell some orange fizz, they do not seem to ask for selling orange fizz for any task.
    Also, whatever you harvest gives you some shells and those gained when clicking bubbles count towards this task too! :)
    edited 11.08.2014
    I feared it would ONLY be the bubbles, that would have taken years.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 11.08.2014
    with not having much money to throw away on island,everything taking 100s of 1000s island dollars ,every building needing so many workers,how do I balance everything. Cannot keep composter going,no leaves,bar upgrade 10 workers so 2.4 million island dollars . No one can afford my drinks ,worry why farming peacocks,lemurs,not for zoos think exotic food
  • solmaz72 (US1)solmaz72 (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 11.08.2014
    i like island farm and i want it exist forever
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 11.08.2014
    What is chapter 3 task 2, 3 ,4 and 5 ?

does anyone know ?
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 12.08.2014
    Did anybody find out, what will be the exchange factor for the Island money to seashells?
    I did notice we are not getting any Island dollars back, if you would wanted to demo the buildings on the island - Im wondering what will we get, after the Island "wraps-up" ?

I do gather - we do NOT have to sell all our produce, animals, and drinks - it will be done automatically.
    It would be nice if GGS , would let us know - how much seashells we get for the remaining cash? pls
  • liam k (INT1)liam k (INT1) INT1 Posts: 16
    edited 12.08.2014
    i am just wondering if anyone knows what chapter 2 tasks 3 , 4 and 5 are i would really appreciate the help
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 12.08.2014
    liam k2-

Chapter 2

Task 1 Collect 9000 Grapes, Collect 18.000 Peanuts Reward 250.000 shells
    Task 2 Collect 600 Summer Slush,Collect 3900 mangoes Reward 500.000 shells
    Task 3 Collect 7000 Coconuts, Collect 4000 grapes Reward 750.000 shells
    Task 4 Produce 3 Fruity Flip in beach bar, Collect 7500 lemurs Reward 1.250.000 shells
    Task 5 Collect 2000 fertilizer, Collect 500 tropical leaves Reward 2.250.000 shells

The 1st post in this thread has the tasks listed as they are being reported.
    edited 12.08.2014
    I just fed lemurs 1st time,cost $46.000+ island dollars Know need to get happiness up to make this cheaper Expansion so expensive,upgrading even more so What are lemurs eating gold covered grapes
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 12.08.2014
    Lesley,
    Level 1 lemur pen: cost to feed at 80 % farm happiness is 11,459; Level 2 field produces 525 grape cost: 10,696... not gold covered and takes 5.50 hours to cycle
    Thank heaven I had a ton of farm cash to use on the Island Farm.... do not think i will hold out to end of the event!! Next expansion costs 3.9 million and that will nearly wipe me out so I am working my Gourmet Farm and Flower Farm like mad trying to build up farm cash again!!! Am I crazy!!! Happy Farming!!
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 12.08.2014
    KenziMAK wrote: »
    Farm Tasks for Chap 1 Part 3:
    1. Own 2 fields level 2 Reward: 20 Premium Island Hummus
    2. Own 1 composter Level 1 Reward: 50 leaves
    3. Own silo Level 2 Reward: 250 dung

Farm Tasks for Chap 1 Part 4:
    1. Have 4 level 1 peacock coops Reward: Premium Peacock Feed x 40
    2. Have 2 mango orchards Level 2 Reward: Premium Island Fertilizer x 40

Thank you! Added in the 1st Post.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 12.08.2014
    Other tasks for Chapter 1 - Step 5

Produce 100 Peacock Feed
    Reward = Peacocks x500

Own 5 fields Level 2
    Reward = Tropical Fallen Leaves x100
    Premium Island Humus x5
    Seashells x7,500

Other tasks for Chapter 2 - Step 1

Own a Silo level 3
    Reward = Dung x400
    Premium Island Fertilizer x20

Have 1 Lemur Pen level 1
    Reward = Lemur Feed x50

Additional info

Fancy House Level 2 upgrade = 2,800 Gold

Demolition value of a Level 1 Field = 60 Seashells [cost to build $20,000]
    Demolition value of a level 2 Lemur Pen = 450 Seashells [cost to build/upgrade $60,000+150,000]
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 12.08.2014
    liam k2 wrote: »
    i am just wondering if anyone knows what chapter 2 tasks 3 , 4 and 5 are i would really appreciate the help
    Go to the first page of this thread, Prince Manish has compiled a nice tables there with all the info you need! :)
  • Ria_ ()Ria_ () Posts: 280
    edited 12.08.2014
    Other task that is marked to be chapter 2 step 2 in the first post is actually chapter 1 step 2.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 12.08.2014
    Ria_2 wrote: »
    Other task that is marked to be chapter 2 step 2 in the first post is actually chapter 1 step 2.

You are correct....All those "other tasks" shown so far on the main list are for Chapter 1 - The 1st 3 tasks with no title are for Step 1 & the others are Steps, 2,3 & 4 in a slightly jumbled order hehe
    edited 12.08.2014
    Know need more ornaments=land Next land cost 820.000 Can ship 600.000 but not making that to do a few times a day Main house,other houses cost 1,200.000 each I am bankrupt Got someone saying will break knees if dont pay back loan on granma Not played week yet
  • Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 12.08.2014
    Small correction (I think):
    "Task 4 Produce 3 Fruity Flip in beach bar, Collect 7500 lemurs 1.250.000 shells "

I think it is not "produce" but "start production" of 3 Fruity Flip
    I worked in advance so I already started the production of 1 Fruity Flip, so it would be finished by the time my task would start. Then I found out I had to start the proudction of the Fruity Flip, not the collection of it.

But what a great thread, I use it regurlarly, so thank you!!
  • LandedGentry (US1)LandedGentry (US1) Posts: 41
    edited 12.08.2014
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm not sure that the players and staff are going to support this effort or a similar one to it however since the Island Farm is so expensive and this is a first run I suggest that we get them to modify the Island Farm to make it self sufficient (self sustaining), make it a permanent farm or when they start the event analyze what the cost is (or will be) and start everyone out with $6,000,000.00 ($6M - six million dollars) on our main farm to devote to the Island Farm.

I see that Prince Manish uses spread sheets and I think that's pretty cool so they can have us do spread sheets for all our farms (or just the Island Farm) and we can keep track of expenses on the Island Farm and see how we need to divert cash to Island money. [It could be a percentage of total profits over time.] The other thing is that with this being the first run of Island Farm once you figure out the cost based on level and Chapters you can reimburse players based on what they spend.

Of course the aim is to make money for the game but if someone didn't like the Decorations from the Island Farm and don't want to put them on their other farms then I think they should be able to trade those shells in for regular farm dollars or something else.

It's a shame that everyone including the coops want us to increase our levels so quickly before we get a chance to get to know and enjoy the game and that makes the events harder to complete. It's like racing through life because you might not survive but when you think like that you are exhausting new players in so many ways and on so many levels. It's almost like war thinking in a casual computer game and it takes a lot of fun out of it.

Why can’t coops do two project a month and be more casual and why can’t we play over time and really have a long term association with the game and the people who work for it and the players in the game?

We all have personal, family, friends, neighborhood, civic, school, work, etc obligations (& hobbies and exercising) before we start playing Goodgame Big Farm, we have them while we are playing and we’ll have them after we play the game. As well rounded human beings we should respect the whole person.

I like this game and I want it to last for a long time on the "inner-verse". I’m also sure you folks know how to make money better than I do.

??????????????????????????????????
  • Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
    edited 13.08.2014
    It seems that the number of workers needed will be impossible to manage with only simple houses.

I have 11 simple houses Level 4, and I still need another 170 workers to upgrade the buildings I have. Not going to happen even if I got rid of all the decorations.

Anyone know what Level 3 and Level 4 cost for the fancy house? (250 gold to purchase, 2800 for Level 2.)
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 13.08.2014
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm not sure that the players and staff are going to support this effort or a similar one to it however since the Island Farm is so expensive and this is a first run I suggest that we get them to modify the Island Farm to make it self sufficient (self sustaining), make it a permanent farm or when they start the event analyze what the cost is (or will be) and start everyone out with $6,000,000.00 ($6M - six million dollars) on our main farm to devote to the Island Farm.

I see that Prince Manish uses spread sheets and I think that's pretty cool so they can have us do spread sheets for all our farms (or just the Island Farm) and we can keep track of expenses on the Island Farm and see how we need to divert cash to Island money. [It could be a percentage of total profits over time.] The other thing is that with this being the first run of Island Farm once you figure out the cost based on level and Chapters you can reimburse players based on what they spend.

Of course the aim is to make money for the game but for someone like me if I don't like the Decorations from the Island Farm and I don't want to put them on my other farms then I think I should be able to trade those shells in for regular farm dollars.

It's a shame that everyone including the coops want us to increase our levels so quickly before we get a chance to get to know and enjoy the game and that makes the events harder to complete. It's like racing through life because you might not survive but when you think like that you are exhausting new players in so many ways and on so many levels. It's almost like war thinking in a casual computer game and it takes a lot of fun out of it.

Why can’t coops do two project a month and be more casual and why can’t we play over time and really have a long term association with the game and the people who work for it and the players in the game?

We all have personal, family, friends, neighborhood, civic, school, work, etc obligations (& hobbies and exercising) before we start playing Goodgame Big Farm, we have them while we are playing and we’ll have them after we play the game. As well rounded human beings we should respect the whole person.

I like this game and I want it to last for a long time on the "inner-verse". I’m also sure you folks know how to make money better than I do.

??????????????????????????????????

I just want to say that there are lots of co-ops that are less project/research driven and are quite laid back. Its just a matter of finding the right co-op for your style. I for one would hate to be in a co-op that only did two projects a month. I enjoy back to back projects and I found a co-op that does that.

That is what I like most about this game, you can play to suit your lifestyle and your gaming desires. I think a major problem for new players is joining or seeking to join a co-op that is far too advanced for their level. My advice to beginners is to seek out a co-op where the majority of players are around your level +/- 15 or so. And communicate with potential co-ops about their style and requirements.

As for the island, at my current level the island is just manageable using no gold so I can see lower level players frustration. I think some revisions/changes after consideration of the first run's success/popularity would be a good idea for GGS.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 13.08.2014
    Kate151 wrote: »
    It seems that the number of workers needed will be impossible to manage with only simple houses.

I have 11 simple houses Level 4, and I still need another 170 workers to upgrade the buildings I have. Not going to happen even if I got rid of all the decorations.

Anyone know what Level 3 and Level 4 cost for the fancy house? (250 gold to purchase, 2800 for Level 2.)

The point is that we must choose what buildings we need to complete the chapters.
    For example I don't want to upgrade Lemurs and Peacocks, it's not worth it.
    As for my plan I'll have 12 simple houses and about -40-50% production cost, maybe less )

And some buildings can be demolished after the task... planning and strategy ))

Cost for the island fancy house:
    1 - 250
    2 - 2800
    3 - 4850
    4 - 6500
  • Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
    edited 13.08.2014
    Volty wrote: »
    The point is that we must choose what buildings we need to complete the chapters.
    For example I don't want to upgrade Lemurs and Peacocks, it's not worth it.

Cost for the island fancy house:
    1 - 250
    2 - 2800
    3 - 4850
    4 - 6500

Is the chapter succession the only goal? I thought that the accumulated seashells were to be used to purchase special seeds, the end goal of which is to be rewarded with a horse ranch.

And the beach bar products which are worth the most seashells need the whole farm to be producing at top capacity. (Lemurs and peacocks are actually only a by-product of manure production for the orchards.) That's been my approach, but it can't be done with simple houses.

Thanks for the fancy house upgrade prices :-)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 13.08.2014
    Chapter succession is the goal of this part of the event. In the bigger picture the eventual goal is running the horse ranch. So basically this is an event in an event and people speak about different levels. Some mean only this island event, with decorations as a goal. Others speak about the big picture and want the shells to get towards the horse ranch. I want both. I play for the decorations, but also eventually want the horse ranch.
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 13.08.2014
    Kate151 wrote: »
    Is the chapter succession the only goal? I thought that the accumulated seashells were to be used to purchase special seeds, the end goal of which is to be rewarded with a horse ranch.

And the beach bar products which are worth the most seashells need the whole farm to be producing at top capacity. (Lemurs and peacocks are actually only a by-product of manure production for the orchards.) That's been my approach, but it can't be done with simple houses.

Thanks for the fancy house upgrade prices :-)

We don't know yet the new seeds prices, but for me the chapters seashell rewards are more profitable, then the beach bar.
    And as it the First island event - the chapter succession is the main goal for me ))
    I use Beach bar ONLY for the tasks, and this number of cocktails can be complete with low capacity. (shhh - I don't want to spend gold on the Island, so it's the only way for me :) )
This discussion has been closed.