Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 09.08.2014
    banker wrote: »
    at the end of the island mission do the shells have an expiration date?
    Nope, the sea shells are forever, or rather until you trade them

Your Island stocks will be auto converted to shells when the Island goes too
  • s1acy (US1)s1acy (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 09.08.2014
    The Island is fun. Yet, one should have the option to trade the shells for Island $$$$. You still have to buy the decos in advance to maintain happiness. The cost are just as high on the regular farms for expansion & upgrading. To bad, that after the 30 days, you Island will start anew, next time around. GGS should save wherever you stopped, so that you can continue. Nevertheless, it's enjoyably tasking making funds & trading after 2hs into Island $$$$. :) Have a good day all.
  • salr1945salr1945 Posts: 6
    edited 09.08.2014
    If everything vanishes after 30 days, so does the gold we spent?? If so I just spent gold for nothing!!
  • Lila320 (US1)Lila320 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 09.08.2014
    couldn't agree more!!!
  • Davidmackv (US1)Davidmackv (US1) Posts: 45
    edited 09.08.2014
    Since the Island is an event, building should be separate and not interfere with the other farms building.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 10.08.2014
    salr1945 wrote: »
    If everything vanishes after 30 days, so does the gold we spent?? If so I just spent gold for nothing!!

Aye, that you did.
  • WTF-1369WTF-1369 Posts: 3
    edited 10.08.2014
    s1acy wrote: »
    Why wasn't it designed in a way to trade shells for Island $$$$$. You have to buy the decos in advance to keep the people happy, the expansion & production costs are astronomical for players whose original farms are still being built. I think that after the 30 day period, all that was accomplished by the players should be saved, so that they will be able to continue and feel a semblance of accomplishment.
    I do enjoy the Island though, it's a fun way to multi-task. Making lots of dollars to maintain, expand - original farms & upgrade everything at large cost :)
    s1acy wrote: »
    The Island is fun. Yet, one should have the option to trade the shells for Island $$$$. You still have to buy the decos in advance to maintain happiness. The cost are just as high on the regular farms for expansion & upgrading. To bad, that after the 30 days, you Island will start anew, next time around. GGS should save wherever you stopped, so that you can continue. Nevertheless, it's enjoyably tasking making funds & trading after 2hs into Island $$$$. :) Have a good day all.
    Davidmackv wrote: »
    Since the Island is an event, building should be separate and not interfere with the other farms building.
    I agree with all of this8)
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 10.08.2014
    Davidmackv wrote: »
    This may be the craziest thing they have come up with yet. I am going to build a farm and let it be destroyed and have to start all over? Waste of time and resources. I hope no one spends gold on this dumpster fire.

Actually I have been checking out islands that other people are building and I am amazed at the number who are buying the gold houses and decos.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 10.08.2014
    The bottom line - what advantage in the game is there to raising horses in a paddock?
  • nig4x4nig4x4 Posts: 58
    edited 10.08.2014
    Text removed by poster due to being deemed inappropriate for this discussion thread
  • Eeme01 (SKN1)Eeme01 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 37
    edited 10.08.2014
    I have suggestion about this island. Instead of starting in zero every time to build this island again I suggest to limit island availability. For example it could be available only couple day of months or one week per month. Building new is always stressful and this game should be relaxing time to spend while playing. If this island will be one farm available only limited time per month I think there will be much more players to spend also gold there == more money for you. Currently there is lot of us who does not want spent gold there since island vanished after one month.
  • Rinker (US1)Rinker (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 10.08.2014
    I just noticed that you can buy a palm tree deco on your main farm screen. If I do that, can I place it onto the island farm ? or do I have to use it on my main farm. I don't have enough room on my main farm for a large deco like that?
    edited 10.08.2014
    Rinker wrote: »
    I just noticed that you can buy a palm tree deco on your main farm screen. If I do that, can I place it onto the island farm ? or do I have to use it on my main farm. I don't have enough room on my main farm for a large deco like that?
    If you buy it from the trader then it can only go on the permanent farms

You can buy them for the Island from the Build menu on the Island for Island Dollars
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 10.08.2014
    No Rinker!

The decos you want to place on your island you can only buy from your island building menu.

If you buy a deco from Benny Buddlers car, than you can only place this deco on 1 of your 3 permanent farms! That is why the car is parked near your permanent farms, and not visible on the island farm.

Edit: Samty beat me to it :)
  • Rinker (US1)Rinker (US1) Posts: 6
    edited 10.08.2014
    thaks for the info.
  • SANDRAUser602SANDRAUser602 Posts: 131
    edited 10.08.2014
    When you say after 30 days it starts back over again....are you saying...... from the beginning ? we have to rebuild all over again ?

if so I say....groundhog day

surfing tipsy...SANDRA
    edited 10.08.2014
    When you say after 30 days it starts back over again....are you saying...... from the beginning ? we have to rebuild all over again ?

if so I say....groundhog day

surfing tipsy...SANDRA
    yes, from when it runs again, which will not be immediately after. How often it runs we don't know yet, but when it does it will be from the same point as this one started
    edited 10.08.2014
    Yes, it has been stated everywhere that the island event is temporary and that everything will vanish after 30 days.
    It is not known yet when the island event will return, maybe after a month, maybe after 2 months?? Your guess is s good as ours! ?(
  • cheryl3 (GB1)cheryl3 (GB1) Posts: 28
    edited 10.08.2014
    Would be nice if there was some kind of alert when the bank cool down period ended, so you know it's time to start off a new transfer.
  • patricia857 (US1)patricia857 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 11.08.2014
    The island farm is really cool. I just wish after investing a lot of money and gold in it that it would be here to stay
  • edited 11.08.2014
    cheryl32 wrote: »
    Would be nice if there was some kind of alert when the bank cool down period ended, so you know it's time to start off a new transfer.

The blue zzz's appear on top of it to let you know when it is done. If you want an alert while working on other farms, I guess that doesn't help a whole lot. But honestly, it isn't that hard to just switch to the island farm quick to check how much time is left on the cool down...

If you have that hard of a time keeping track, you can always just click for the cash on the hour mark and know that in 2 hours it is time to do it again.
  • Vonkje (NL1)Vonkje (NL1) Posts: 9
    edited 11.08.2014
    When you're not on the island farm, you can click the airport to see the cooldown time.
    edited 11.08.2014
    Vonkje wrote: »
    When you're not on the island farm, you can click the airport to see the cooldown time.

Vonkje: I do believe cheryl132 is talking about the cool down time of the bank, which is 2 hours.

What you are talking about is the running time of the whole event, which indeed is to be seen when hovering over the airport (clicking is not necessary) and should now be around 562 hrs.
  • edited 11.08.2014
    BesjeB wrote: »
    What is the final exchange rate between the Island-dollars (that are left on your account) and the Shells you are getting for it?

Now you buy:
    a palmtree for 35.000 Island-dollars....and on the farm for 50.000 shells (rate: 1 shell : $0.70)
    or the big tree for 450.000 Island-dollars...on the farm for 150.000 shells ( rate: 1 shell : $3.00)

Anybody?
    I need to know before trowing in more money then it is already costing.
    The Island is pretty expensive if you ask me :( , but I am pretty sure the award is worth it
  • Vonkje (NL1)Vonkje (NL1) Posts: 9
    edited 11.08.2014
    Yes Cheryl132 was talking about the cooldown time of the bank, as was I.

Apparantly there are 2 different timers at the airport. When you just hover over the airport you get to see the remaining time left for the event. And if you click on the airport to get the ring menu, the time in the center is the cooldown time of the bank.
    edited 11.08.2014
    You are right Vonkje, I did not see that one! I guess I always check my bank building itself to check the time left.;)
  • Debbie88PlayerDebbie88Player Posts: 4
    edited 11.08.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Here's the news! Have fun discussing :)
    my mango field took the 26,000 to grow crop of mango but didnt ever start and didnt put my money back to the bank
  • randy60 (US1)randy60 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 11.08.2014
    Really enjoying this event!

Thank you GGS.
  • Geedah (US1)Geedah (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    edited 11.08.2014
    I don't mind the whole idea of a typhoon/hurricane reset, really. But I would like to see my production on the island in island dollars, not shells. Then I can leverage my production to increase my infrastructure. As it is, I am just draining my permanent farm dollars for overpriced assets. That is discouraging. GGS you can do better.
  • edited 11.08.2014
    I like that we will have to start the farm again...we can learn from our mistakes, and eventually build the
    "perfect" farm, whether you are concerned how it looks, or how much it can produce..etc..
    Haven't you ever been working on your main farm and said to yourself, "Oh, I wish I had put those fields over there, and I wish I had expanded in that direction first, and i wish I had bought that thing first over the other thing and I wish I had upgraded faster, or not upgraded so fast..and now it is too late to do all those things, b/c you can't move anything around and you can't undo certain things...so ya, I actually like that we will have to start again!

Also, who knows how important those seeds will be in the future! Maybe there will be a certain specific amount of a certain specific seed you will need to grow to ship on the boat in order to buy the padlock for your stables! So, you will have to figure out how to earn enough shells on your island farm to afford these certain specific seeds! This is just a guess, but it would be the only reason I can see for this big "Island Event" Whew!

Yes, youcan move things around and redecorate your farm! On the main farm, gourmet farm, and flowerfarm, click on the item to get the circle menu, then click on the red x to movethings, or the yellow arrows to rotate them. You can also click on the cursor (the white arrow at the bottom next tothe yellow building hard hat) to change it to move or rotate too, then click onthe same place to change it back to a normal cursor, helps when you have lotsto move, or rotate to change the cursor.)
    Use theredecorating tool from Larino’s Corner at the web site: http://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2014/02/19/the-redecorating-tool/
    Plan your“new, redecorated farm”, save a screen shot, so you don’t lose your plan, thenpause a few minutes from your regular farming, put all your decos in storage ifyou need to and you will have plenty of room to move everything that you can’tput in storage around, then just take the decos out of storage and put them intheir new places. I do it all the time,loads of fun moving things around and with the redecorating tool, I don’t missany free land spaces hiding behind things. Then, if I don’t like how somethinglooks, just put things in storage so I have room to move things around, and movethem where I want them, then bring them out again.
Sign In to comment.