Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Alternative Farmer of the Week

freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
edited 20.08.2014 in The Chicken Coop
Hi everyone! Most of us will never earn a spot on the front page of The Racing Farmer, but that doesn't mean we aren't totally awesome in our own minds ;-) This is a place to have some fun and give recognition to anyone you think has added something to the farming experience. You can nominate whoever you want for whatever reason you want. Just please keep it respectful.

I nominate jaystarr2 for infecting most of the forum with that darn Pina Colada song :P Also maxiroy for their hilarious responses, love the signature pic :-)

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
Post edited by freerange (US1) on

Comments

• edited 08.08.2014
    On our co-op we have been doing a player of the week and a deputy of the month for some time know. So I would like to say who our player of the week is and our Deputy of the month.

POW- TieDie71
    DOM- Shellyshell72

They have been great assets to our co-op.
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 09.08.2014
    Bonnie
    What a wonderful idea! Would it be alright to take your idea and incorporate in my co-op? We too have hard working members who are ready and willing to do participate and we also have wonderfully funny members who can brighten someone's day just by their words in chat!

freerange you are so correct about jaystarr2... i couldn't get that song out of head!!! rofl!!!
    thank you for this wonderful page!!
    I nominate YOU for enlightening and expanding my farming experience!
  • edited 09.08.2014
    Bonnie
    What a wonderful idea! Would it be alright to take your idea and incorporate in my co-op?

Be my guest and use it. I know that the members in my co-op really appreciate that they are recognized.
  • shellyshell72shellyshell72 Posts: 15
    edited 09.08.2014
    we do appreciate it . and i think our whole co-op likes the idea, of us actually showing our gratitude towards their hard work.
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 09.08.2014
    Thanks so much !! I am going to run buy members ASAP! It is a great idea and I am sure the Co-Op will enjoy it too!
    Happy Farming!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 09.08.2014
    Great idea for a thread, freerange! The problem is, I have so many farmers that I admire in this game that I just can't pick one. So I'm going to give you a list of those who I feel deserve recognition for what they do every day here in the Forum. Please forgive me for any gender errors. And the winners are:

Larino- The undisputed Guru of all things cooperative, Larino gives everyone who asks her time in order to answer their questions. And hers is THE definitive answer. A superb multi-tasker, Larino could play the game while juggling 3 chainsaws and riding a unicycle.

Samty- Easily the most helpful player in the Forum, Samty uses exceptional computer skills to guide others in the right direction. And Samty NEVER gets involved in arguments. I for one think Samty would make a great Mod.

Bweatherholt- An experienced and gracious lady, Bweatherholt is not afraid to express her opinion. And man, don't get her mad! She reminds you of your favorite aunt, dear.

Dragonpride- This guy don't play! Dragonpride pulls no punches when it comes to the company's gold hunger. Glad that he's on OUR side!

freerange- Anyone who has read freerange's homespun stories in "The Daily Spud" knows that creativity comes natural to this farmer. This thread is proof of that.

jaystarr- Yeah, that darn song is stuck in my head, too! jaystarr makes things fun for us all, and that's a good thing. And because of a change in the Forum by an update, will forever be searching for her elephant.

SuperSpaceGirl-The name pretty much says it all. Her superpowers include the ability to make everyone smile.

rie22- The most outspoken of the ultra high level farmers, rie22 has a great sense of humor, which is infectious. She really quacks me up!
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 09.08.2014
    Well said farmerjohn but you left out Jiesta, also another great help :)
    Also WildCard, come to think of it there are alot of great farmers here that deserve the title :)
    edited 09.08.2014
    Absolutely right, jello! Too many to list. But I just wanted to give a few of my favorites a good old-fashioned thumbs up! :thumbsup:
  • edited 09.08.2014
    Oh my gosh Farmerjohn, I feel so honored that I am on your list. You have made my day. Thanks! :):):)

~Space~
  • freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 09.08.2014
    Wow! Thanks roadrunner and farmerjohn :D

I'm glad people are using this thread and having fun with it! So many great farmers, good thing we have lots of weeks.

lol that elephant!
    edited 12.08.2014
    So if anyone reading this thread has someone that they would like to give recognition to, please feel free to do so. And to make it interesting, add a few words as to why you feel that player is worthy of recognition. The point here is to demonstrate that there are a great many players who are far more deserving of Player of the Week than those chosen by GGS's mission ranking criteria.
    edited 12.08.2014
    Well, I wouldn't say more deserving, just different. I don't want to take away from the accomplishments of those who have earned conventional rankings. But I do think there are lots of great players that are missed by game metrics. This is for the more personal touch :-)

I'd like to suggest Sue-ana for starting "The Daily Spud News" and her many funny stories. Most recently teaching us how to bring electricity to our island huts and some important safety tips about alligators! Plus she makes me laugh so hard in co-op chat. You wouldn't believe the crazy stuff that doesn't make it into the news LOL!
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.08.2014
    Oooh! I'd like to thank the Academy, my co-op for putting up with my shenanigans, everyone on the forum and I guess GGS for giving us this game, I suppose. Oh! And my mum. You should always thank your mum. :)

Edit: thanks for pointing out this thread to me Freerange! It was awesome :D
    edited 13.08.2014
    One...more....time! IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADAS......8)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.08.2014
    It didn't help that I saw Guardians of the Galaxy on the weekend and the Pina Colada song was in the movie and now I have been singing it online AND offline!!!

If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain!!
    edited 20.08.2014
    LOL farmerjohn 22 is definitely an Alternative Farmer of the Week! My sides hurt from laughing! His 100% accurate weather reports and clever stories for "The Daily Spud" are always a hit. His recent Island coverage has me doubled up over my keyboard. Thanks farmerjohn :-)
    edited 20.08.2014
    Why, thank you so much, freerange! As the saying goes, there's no rest for the wicked! 8o
This discussion has been closed.