Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• Daniel M (AU1)Daniel M (AU1) Posts: 30
    edited 06.08.2014
    It cost 19900 to produce 30 orange drinks. and then you get 220 for selling them!

Keep your workers as happy as possible is all I can say. Things on the island get very expensive if you don't.
  • Christoffel2Christoffel2 Posts: 2
    edited 06.08.2014
    And everything are produced at a lost on the island
    edited 06.08.2014
    I must say I am thoroughly enjoying the island farm. :) My only issue would be the pointless addition of buildings requiring gold. I have bought one gold house just to see what it is like but will not be upgrading it or buying anything else requiring gold. I see no point in wasting gold that requires real money on something that will disappear after such a short time.
    GGS, if you wanted to encourage more gold buying among players you should have made something more permanent. After the initial rush of excitement people are going to realise the pointlessness of using gold on the island and the gold buying rush will be over as quickly as it started.
    And everything are produced at a lost on the island

Actually I have found the island isn't as expensive as most players seem to think it to be. This is probably due me keeping my workers quite happy. :)

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • JGS (NL1)JGS (NL1) Posts: 12
    edited 06.08.2014
    I like it, but...
    It is nice to have something really new. The bank is ok, but you don't actually earn money there so you need to pump in a lot of money, really a lot of money.
    For me it is not so much of a problem, but I guess at lower levels it will be a waist of progress on the main farms.
    And it is still unclear how many shells will be needed for what seeds. And what those seeds will give you, apart form horse shoes to be traded apparently. And if you are out? Will there be another temporary island via the airfield? And how often do we get these extra farms then?
    Ai, too many questions. Back to having fun with the game then.
  • ritacba1 (AU1)ritacba1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 06.08.2014
    so i have a question not sure if it has been asked. but when the reset is done, do we have to upgrade the bank as well? it is accessible on the airport so do we have to upgrade it from there?
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 06.08.2014
    ritacba12 wrote: »
    so i have a question not sure if it has been asked. but when the reset is done, do we have to upgrade the bank as well? it is accessible on the airport so do we have to upgrade it from there?

Yes. When whole island is reset, bank will also reset.
  • woepsawoepsa Posts: 26
    edited 06.08.2014
    Yesterday i used a few goldpieces and harvested special wildflower seeds twice in one mission.
    5250 wfs - 86 certs

my old record is: 3805 wfs - 136 certs
    Silly me didn't take an appropriate screenshot, so i cant prove it, but i'm 100% sure i didnt miscount. I was the only one who harvested, maybe that has to do with it... Or did the droprate change again?
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 06.08.2014
    Woepsa, the certificates you get is not only depend how much youself is harvesting in a mission.
    I don't know the formula, but I'm sure it also make a difference how many players there is in a mission, and have how much all the players in the mission have harvested together.
    E.g. I have try to get much fewer certs. in a mission where only is myself and harvesting a lot, when I in another mission get more certs in a first place with 6 players even I not harvest as much as in the mission where I was alone.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 06.08.2014
    Does anybody know what we get back if demolish something in island. I mean field or mill or something else we build??
    Yes, field shows 0 seashells and 8 workers back, if demolish. So does mill, 0 seashells. Is that true? Can't have anything back, but workers?
    I was juts thinking to demolish a mill, i'm not gonna do all tasks this time. Waiting higher level and next round 8)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 06.08.2014
    Hello hello,

I guess it's time to answer some questions again.
    So without further ado: let's go ^^
    snork2 wrote: »
    Chave people already posted which (if any) decorations appear when you clear which fields on the island?

There are some hidden things in the undergrowth of the island farm, snork2. If you would like to know what can be found where, you will need to wait for other players to collect this data, though. No spoilers. ;)
    woepsa wrote: »
    Is there no max barn size on the island?
    And what size are the deco's you can buy at the seashell trader?

woepsa, you're in luck. You can use the whole island as your storage... so there is no limit to your storage capacity. ;)
    I wouldn't put it near the beach, though... remember the tides! :p

As for the decorations, you can check their sizes in both the construction menu and the decoration tower for now. We might consider adding the sizes to Benny as well - for as much information as possible on these items.
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    if I mouse over it it says "Airport 00:00" or something. Is this a bug?

Yes, this is indeed a bug, jaystarr. The airport should display the remaining time of the event.
    do we get all 3 sand castles if we finish all 3 chapters of the event?

Yes, Maria8996793, if you manage to finish all 3 chapters, you will also receive all 3 rewards, since the 'payout' of the reward happens right after you finished each chapter.
    Dara15 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what we get back if demolish something in island. I mean field or mill or something else we build??
    Yes, field shows 0 seashells and 8 workers back, if demolish. So does mill, 0 seashells. Is that true?

No, that's not true Dara15. It appears you found a display bug since demolishing buildings should always grant you some sea shells.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 06.08.2014
    woepsa wrote: »
    Yesterday i used a few goldpieces and harvested special wildflower seeds twice in one mission.5250 wfs - 86 certsmy old record is: 3805 wfs - 136 certsSilly me didn't take an appropriate screenshot, so i cant prove it, but i'm 100% sure i didnt miscount. I was the only one who harvested, maybe that has to do with it... Or did the droprate change again?
    if you are the only one that harvesting/collecting or if you are doing a mission alone you will get less certificates than you normally do..not even half..happened to me several times.. :)
  • edited 06.08.2014
    can just anybody tell us, when will we have the greenhouse update? next week? or next 2 weeks? i just can't wait to plant exotic tropical fruit in my own greenhouse :)
  • edited 06.08.2014
    Okay, I don't have the money to play this island this time around, maybe a few months down the road...

So here is my question! Are the other events (Here's To Nature, Fairytale, etc) going to run at any point while the island is running? For those of us, who have to ignore the island, and those that can't get to it since they aren't level 30 yet, an event on occasion would still be nice!!

Another question, the island is supposedly an event... Does the island "event' count as completing an event when you are trying to complete events for the AP points? If you complete all 3 chapters anyway...

And, while I'm at it, will the other vistors come to the farm? I see Benny and his truck and the spend lots of gold money lady are kind of permenant fixtures. At least so far! Will Monty or Omar, Orphanage charity drive, the bee lady, etc show up on the farms while the island event is running?
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 06.08.2014
    if the events are normal, the next event should start next week.
  • woepsawoepsa Posts: 26
    edited 06.08.2014
    Thanks for the answers BriannospamGame2, MrSaece and Nafaru!

I have heared of coopmates who had to upgrade their bank twice to increase 1 lvl, looks like a bug.
    And the coop project names have changed, and dont make much sense anymore, i assume this is a little bug.

Is there any way to see your bank cooldown on another place then actually going to the island, or clicking the airport? If not, would it be possible to add a timer/alarm somewhere please? It's an important cooldown, and in a management game not having optimal management tools is not a challenge, but an annoyance. Thanks :)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 06.08.2014
    Do the chapters reset as well? I know the island itself does, but if you can't finish e.g. chapter 2, but you've done chapter 1, will your progress save for next time? Or are you doomed to make overly expensive orange fizz for eternity?
    edited 06.08.2014
    Do the chapters reset as well? I know the island itself does, but if you can't finish e.g. chapter 2, but you've done chapter 1, will your progress save for next time? Or are you doomed to make overly expensive orange fizz for eternity?

From What I understand everything on the island resets, chapters, buildings, fields, etc.... Only time will tell, Look at it like you would do an event such as the Hawaiian Event. Thne only thing I think that is permanent is anything that shows on your main farm drop box such as seashell and decos
  • pizza1235pizza1235 Posts: 36
    edited 06.08.2014
    in the main farm where the events take place there is a green truck if you click on it you can buy decorations with the seashells you get from the island if you buy a decoration from there will it go to your main farm or the island farm? thank you
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 06.08.2014
    pizza1235 wrote: »
    in the main farm where the events take place there is a green truck if you click on it you can buy decorations with the seashells you get from the island if you buy a decoration from there will it go to your main farm or the island farm? thank you
    Whichever permanent farm (Main, Gourmet or Flower) is open when you click the truck is where it will build. Use the decoration tab on the temporary Island farm if you want to build one there
  • Aniron (generic1)Aniron (generic1) Posts: 21
    edited 06.08.2014
    So you guys probably already know this,but the workers on island farm give pretty good items (you know,the bubbles) i was only clicking them for 10 mins until my undergrowth clears up, but they give 10 island dollars,5 oranges,5 grapes,10 peanuts & 25 shells! so i got 125 shells in 10 mins.
  • KimmieCat (INT1)KimmieCat (INT1) Posts: 52
    edited 06.08.2014
    Volty wrote: »
    I got it ( Personally I buy gold and spend it on my farms, my coop, but not events. I read forums )

And we have a warning in the game before the ivent starts, and it can be open from chapter1-3 tasks, but people can overlook it. ((
    a2af963aa42f.png

They should have stated : waste any gold
    instead of waste any time.
    But I guess GGS rather has money in their bank than in ours :-(
  • edited 06.08.2014

To me it seems like several players here thouhgt they could do this event in 2-3 days, since they complain for the high prices on the Island?
    - Yes, the prices is high, I'm agree in that. But I think it's a little to early to judge about that, It was just yesterday the event start up, and we have 30 day to it.

The prices being too high has nothing to do with getting it done in 2 or 3 days... One has nothing to do with the other. It is the fact that in day 1 alone, I needed over $600,000 to get where I am on the island farm (since I didn't want to use gold), and it is only day 1! I can't afford 29 more days of it. I would assume that it gets more expensive, not less expensive as the days progress...
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 06.08.2014
    Are you an authority on GGS kangaroo identification? What is it if it isn't a roo?

Question: what can I buy with shells besides decorations? And why are there shells AND island bucks when they're not exchangeable? (I'm trying to work out the exchange rate between them and whether something is worth more in one currency or another.)

You buy the seeds with shells, once the greenhouse is enabled, and then plant stuff to get horseshoes yadda yadda this time the info is even for keeps if you click on event overview.

The island bucks are just a sinkhole for our farm dollars, since you earn nearly none and pay loads for each work process. So the income really is only the shells, island bucks are another category.

Also I think it needs to be stated that the sandcasltes are for keeps, on the main farm, so no need to buy them (if anybody managed to get that many of those blasted shells anyway).
  • FarmerBlack (US1)FarmerBlack (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 07.08.2014
    Has anyone else noticed that it costs more Island Dollars per Shell to make Fizz than it does to just sell the Oranges outright? I even added in the 50,000 shells as a reward for the quest step and still come out cheaper for raw ingredients. I haven't gotten to the other items or recipes yet, but I suspect they will be the same. I even compensated for happiness levels with no change in results.
  • Charmed_111Charmed_111 Posts: 4
    edited 07.08.2014
    I think we should get to keep our island farm.

I was excited about it till I came here and found out it's temporary, now I'm bummed.;(
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 07.08.2014
    Do shells carry over to the next event?
    Would be nice to actually use them on seeds like the event advertised, facebook advertised, the airport information panel advertised, etc.

Anyways, do the shells carry over?
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 07.08.2014
    Yes they do :)
    And good morning ;)
  • KenziMAK (US1)KenziMAK (US1) Posts: 15
    edited 07.08.2014
    Would be nice if upgraded bank on island also included less waiting time and/or better exchange rate.
    edited 07.08.2014
    These first three days for me are for upgrading the bank, and also doing a few tasks, after that i can deal with anything this islands throws at me
    edited 07.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    These first three days for me are for upgrading the bank, and also doing a few tasks, after that i can deal with anything this islands throws at me

Same here. Only one more level left to upgrade on my bank and then I can focus fully on the rest of the farm.:)
    The next best thing to upgrade is probably the Island Fields due to their significant crop increase after each level.
Sign In to comment.