Home EN General Discussions & Questions

The Island Farm!

Comments

• DoctaDreaDoctaDrea Posts: 5
    edited 06.08.2014
    If we keep the shells, does that mean we can save up on multiple 30 day runs to get the top deco?
    DoctaDrea @ us 1
  • edited 06.08.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Ok, first I like it so far. Anything different to figure out is fun.

Several people asked what seashells are for. I'd like to add to that. What are they for????

Trying to "earn" money faster than waiting the two hours, I tried selling some orange fizz. But I think that money went into my main farm funds, not the island. Is that correct? And WHY? Is there no way for the island to earn island bucks on top of what you can transfer?

Meanwhile, has anyone figured out if it's possible to do this island farm to completion without spending gold?
    Cause if not, I may just let it go. (I'll try it myself once first, but nice to know not to expect anything.)

Shells will eventually be used to buy the special seeds for the greenhouse. No the decos aren't really worth it, but look cool.

The only other way to earn island dollars is to click on the worker bubbles/presents. "Selling" the orange fizz is a waste, do NOT make them unless you have a task for them. Costs way to much to just do it. No return on investment except the completeing of the tasks.

It is only day 1. Nobody has figured out if you can complete the island without using gold. Nobody knows what tasks are ahead yet. My guess is yes, but it will require MANY hours of playing at LOTS of farm dollars, but you should be able to complete it without gold.

Gold is seemingly why the made this update. Nobody has millions of farm dollars sitting around ready to be exchanged for something that gets wiped away in 30 days. So to the gold they go, if they can afford it.
    FarmerJojoBell @ us 1 - Leader of GodsServants Co-op!!

JojoBell @ www 1 - Deputy of Blessed R We Co-op!!

Farmerjojobell - @ en 1 - Leader of Positive Vibes Co-op
  • traciehn (US1)traciehn (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 06.08.2014
    Leoca wrote: »
    Guys am I the only one who isn't exactly thrilled about how the island farm works? After so much anticipation I was a bit disappointed. Here are my issues.
    1-The 2hr. waiting period in order to transfer funds.
    2-The fact that I can only use decorations that I get in my drop box, on the island farm! Unlike with the other farms. Instead I have to buy it for the other farms.
    3-I don't like the idea of loosing money left in my account, when the island farm up and leaves.
    4-And this one applies to all farms. I should be able to do constructions, upgrades and demolitions simultaneously. After all, every farm has its own workforce. What, is there only one set of tools that everyone has to take turns to borrow?
    I really hope they rectify this stuff.

I completely agree...especially with only being able to build/demolish/upgrade one thing at a time. Some of my upgrades now are taking over 20 hours. Seriously?
    traciehn @ us 1
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 06.08.2014
    Awwww now this blows. I finally figured out, upgrading the exchange building lets you move more money at a time. Well great. HOW?????? If I move money in, then you can't upgrade the building. "busy."

So I guess the only way is move money, and do NOTHING with it. Move more... do nothing, until you have enough?

I swear, do the teams here sit and figure out ways to frustrate people? If there were no time limits to this new farm it wouldn't matter how long stuff takes. But there is a time limit. And most people can't sit by a computer every two hours. All day. All night.

I can only hope the next time this "event" rolls around it saves some of our work. If this is a start from scratch thing every time, this may be my only trip through oz.

Still taking a we'll see on this one. But it sure looks like there is more stuff available to build and upgrade than there is time to do it.
    Artmaker @ en 1
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 06.08.2014
    looks like there is more stuff available to build and upgrade than there is time to do it.

Elaborate money grab
    Aphasia @ us 1
  • edited 06.08.2014

I can only hope the next time this "event" rolls around it saves some of our work. If this is a start from scratch thing every time, this may be my only trip through oz.

Still taking a we'll see on this one. But it sure looks like there is more stuff available to build and upgrade than there is time to do it.

No stuff is supposed to be saved from this run to the next one. It is all from scratch again.

It will be a tight fit on time to build/upgrade everything, but still doable if you play often enough. It was designed that way though, hard to fit it all in. That way you would spend more gold to get it done faster.

It is so obvious, hence the gold licsense prime offer curenntly running. Buy lots of gold, finish your island!
    FarmerJojoBell @ us 1 - Leader of GodsServants Co-op!!

JojoBell @ www 1 - Deputy of Blessed R We Co-op!!

Farmerjojobell - @ en 1 - Leader of Positive Vibes Co-op
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 06.08.2014
    Aphasia wrote: »
    Elaborate money grab

Exactly. And too bad then refuse to install some form of gold lock, a gold bank, a warning before it's gone.
    I might actually spend a few bucks here and there if they did.
    Probably a good thing they didn't. Cause I won't either. Lost it too many times with simple slips of the mouse.

So... ok. REAL tight fit for sure. And after a few tries starting over from scratch each time, I can see this just becoming one of those things I ignore.

Still... it's fun for the moment. I do like a challenge. We'll go with that. Something new. Gotta figure it out.

Speaking of which, HOW do you upgrade that exchange building? I tried after it was cooled off and it still says building is busy. What gives? If I could get more farm money moved I might be able to do something.

Maybe tomorrow. Nuff of this for one day. And tomorrow is perfect beach weather so won't be on here much.
    lol.... trading the cyber fake beach for a real one. Yea baby! Any time. 8)
    Artmaker @ en 1
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 06.08.2014
    I managed to upgrade the bank but the logic of it seemed to be something like this:

1. Burn money at the exchange
    2. Wait 2 hours
    3. Burn more money at the exchange
    4. Wait 2 hours
    5. Scream in frustration because you realized everything on the island is not cost effective.
    6. Burn even more money
    7. Wait 2 hours
    8. Finally upgrade the frigging bank
    9. Wait for the upgrade to be done
    10. Burn money at a slightly lesser rate

I guess I'm liking the change because it's different, but I can't help but feel like I'm getting conned the whole time I'm exploring the island and doing its tasks.
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • CountryKaren (US1)CountryKaren (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    edited 06.08.2014
    I paid with Seashells to "Demolish" land. Paid $$ for land. Haven't paid gold for land.
    I'm compiling information about the temporary island farm here. I need your help to complete. Thanks!

This event unlocks at level 30 or above. It will run for 30 days. After this time is over, all your progress will be reset and you will get some rewards for your work on the island, depending on your progress. In order to be able to travel to the island farm, you need to have the airport unlocked.

HjpBRte.png

The journey begins..

• Task 1: Donate 25 certificates
      Reward: 40,000 $
    • Task 2: Exchange dollars for island dollars
      Reward: 50 XP
    • Task 3: Visit island farm
      Reward: 4000 island dollars

HjpBRte.png

Island farm tasks
    • Task 1: Harvest 60 oranges
      Reward: 240 oranges
    • Task 2: Start production of orange fizz
      Reward: 1 island humus.
    • Task 3: Build a house.
      Reward: Small palm tree
    • Task 4: Build a sugar mill
      Reward: 600 peanuts.
    • Task 5: Sell 60 oranges
      Reward: Reward:1 Premium Island Humus
    • Task 6: Name your island farm
      Reward: 20 sea shells

Some other tasks

Chapter 1

Serial no.
    Task
    Reward

Task 1
    Start production of Orange Fizz (15 time)
    50,000 sea shells

Task 2

Task 3

Task 4

Task 5

Island farm expansion cost

• Plot 1: 50 gold or 23,000 island dollars
    • Plot 2: 350 gold or 79000 island dollars

Agrees with jaystarr2

Upgrade Bank before transferring any money!!!. That is the only way you can upgrade bank to make more money.
    Exactly. And too bad then refuse to install some form of gold lock, a gold bank, a warning before it's gone.
    I might actually spend a few bucks here and there if they did.
    Probably a good thing they didn't. Cause I won't either. Lost it too many times with simple slips of the mouse.

So... ok. REAL tight fit for sure. And after a few tries starting over from scratch each time, I can see this just becoming one of those things I ignore.

Still... it's fun for the moment. I do like a challenge. We'll go with that. Something new. Gotta figure it out.

Speaking of which, HOW do you upgrade that exchange building? I tried after it was cooled off and it still says building is busy. What gives? If I could get more farm money moved I might be able to do something.

Maybe tomorrow. Nuff of this for one day. And tomorrow is perfect beach weather so won't be on here much.
    lol.... trading the cyber fake beach for a real one. Yea baby! Any time. 8)

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    CountryKaren @ us 1
  • Robimeri (INT1)Robimeri (INT1) Posts: 3
    edited 06.08.2014
    Hey guys, I do a "Tip Of The Month" segment with my coop regularly and for this month, I decided to do one on the new farm. I won't be sharing everything on this post, but I'll share 1 tip here regarding the bank.

Here's my step-by-step suggestion.
    After your first transfer of 46000, spend some money, but save 25000 to upgrade your bank after the 2 hours where your bank is on cooldown. After the upgrade, transfer 92000 and save 55000 to upgrade the bank after 2 hours. After that, transfer 345000 and save 120000 for the next upgrade. Repeat the same procedure till you upgrade to the maximum. Progress might be slow for the first 4 hours, but it'll pick up when your bank is level 4 and above. It'll save you A LOT of time later on, trust me.

Disclaimer: These are only tips that I've gotten in the last 12 hours I've been playing on the island farm.

Have a great month ahead with the new farm :)
    Robimeri @ WWW 1
  • mistie (US1)mistie (US1) US1 Posts: 304
    edited 06.08.2014
    Sorry, I didn't pay attention to expansion 4 and 5 but the sixth one is $430,000 -or- 1,500 gold.
    mistie @ us 1
  • Splash4Fun (US1)Splash4Fun (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 06.08.2014
    But, I don't have millions to spend. And the stupid bank won't upgrade!! And, this one makes me feel like a COMPLETE IDIOT! I loved the setting. Hate the steps. What happens if I just ignore it or let it go? I haven't been a player long so I have no idea the consequences besides losing what I've already invested.
    Splash4Fun @ us 1
  • Jammicus (NL1)Jammicus (NL1) Posts: 368
    edited 06.08.2014
    that's all that will happen Splash4Fun. it's no big deal if you decide to ignore it. Most likely it will come around again in a little while and it will be whiped anyways so everybody gets to start from scratch again. So if you want to ignore it now you may still do it at a later time.
    As Albert Einstein said: “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
  • edited 06.08.2014
    I completed a task (upgrade sugar mill) and I believe it said the reward was 50,000 sea shells however my balance is at 1257 sea shells. Glitch in the sea shell counter, or the incorrect number of sea shells was stated as the reward? Hopefully the first one.
    ChampionHello @ au 1
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 06.08.2014
    I completed a task (upgrade sugar mill) and I believe it said the reward was 50,000 sea shells however my balance is at 1257 sea shells. Glitch in the sea shell counter, or the incorrect number of sea shells was stated as the reward? Hopefully the first one.

You get 50.000 shells for making coctail 15 times. For upgrading mill you get 570 peanuts
  • lollifantlollifant Posts: 18
    edited 06.08.2014
    mistie wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't pay attention to expansion 4 and 5 but the sixth one is $430,000 -or- 1,500 gold.

# 4 is $210.000 or 1.050 gold.

You get 570 peanuts for the upgrade

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
    lollifant @ nl 1
  • Nabil1366Nabil1366 Posts: 27
    edited 06.08.2014
    Plot 4 costs
    210,000 island dollars
    1,050 golds
    Nabil136 @ en 1 - Level 60
  • SaumyaD2SaumyaD2 Posts: 42
    edited 06.08.2014
    Chapter 1

Step 5 - Sell 10,000 peacock, Collect 90,000 sea shells
    Reward - 450,000 Sea shells
    wizard_signature_by_xcustomgraphix_d4fqvsw.jpg

Farming Wizards
    # Rank 5 Cooperative IN1
    Motivated, High energy players with a great sense of humour! We succeed in tackling EVERY challenge with smiles on our faces!
  • rosebush (INT1)rosebush (INT1) Posts: 48
    edited 06.08.2014
    Plot 5 $300,000 or 1500 gold, bank upgrade level 4 $120,000 or 231 gold. 2hr 30 min build time
    rosebush @ WWW 1

• Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 06.08.2014
    Thank you everyone!

Chapter 1

Step 2: Produce 150 Peacock feed, Collect 6000 pea nuts.
    Reward: 100.000 shells and 10 premium island humus
  • DoctaDreaDoctaDrea Posts: 5
    edited 06.08.2014
    Thanks so much for the task updates. Super helpful for planning ahead!
    I'm having fun with the island. Yea, my main farm is only a baby 38 and could use more attention, but it isn't going anywhere. What's the rush?
    Is the island cost effective? I don't know. I'm just playing around and having fun with it. Full speed ahead!
    DoctaDrea @ us 1
  • seansmithseansmith Posts: 1
    edited 06.08.2014
    so do we get to keep this island farm, or after the 30 days we don't have it anymore?
    seansmith @ au 1
    edited 06.08.2014
    Bank upgrade level 5 costs 350.000 (5h)
    edited 06.08.2014
    Plot 5 is wrong, it should be 1250 gold or 300.000 dollars
    lollifant @ nl 1
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 06.08.2014
    lollifant, Thanks for the correction!
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 06.08.2014
    Next 2 plots are

$430, 000 (forgot the Gold price sorry)
    $600,000 or 1800 GOLD

• MankeertMankeert Posts: 8
    edited 06.08.2014
    The reward for the second task of chapter 1 is not 10 premium island humus but 10 premium island fertilizer
    Join us now!! We are the one and only BEST coop in Indian Server! We are serious :-)

27ymht.jpg
    edited 06.08.2014
    Next 2 plots are

$430, 000 (forgot the Gold price sorry)
    $600,000 or 1800 GOLD

It is 1.500 gold for plot 6
    lollifant @ nl 1
    edited 06.08.2014
    bank upgrade to level 6 costs 850.000 isl.doll.
  • ruby8031ruby8031 Posts: 1
    edited 06.08.2014
    How do I re name my farm's?
    ruby8031 @ us 1
This discussion has been closed.