Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• MollieGlitch (US1)MollieGlitch (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    edited 05.08.2014
    No prize email, but I absolutely love this update! The devs have really outdone themselves on this. I love the lush greenery and the toucans and the other details. And thank you, thank you, thank you for the great island music (and jungle sound effects)! I am sick of that banjo!

ETA: Oh I *did* get the prize email! Thanks!
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 05.08.2014
    Hey guys look at your e-mails, there is reward of 1000 seashells waiting for you :)

Note: winners are selected randomly, so some of you might not get the reward.

Thanks Maria - for letting us know, yesssssssssss got my reward, picked it up already, all the seashells are valuable as they add up to your earnings for the prizes you can get :)
    1,000 shells good gift !!!
  • Maria899679 (US1)Maria899679 (US1) US1 Posts: 133
    edited 05.08.2014
    Thanks Maria - for letting us know, yesssssssssss got my reward, picked it up already, all the seashells are valuable as they add up to your earnings for the prizes you can get :)
    1,000 shells good gift !!!

You are very welcome MoonionsRule :) I'm glad you got your reward :D

Btw, I don't know if this question is answered, but do we get all 3 sand castles if we finish all 3 chapters of the event?
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 05.08.2014
    There is a major flaw here, i do not see any hint of a reef, in order to surf you need one. Guess it is just for show

But I would like to know the different beaches, possibly a naming of the beaches such as Sunset, Waimea, Makapuu, Diamond Head, Sandy Beach

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 05.08.2014
    Couldn't find it anywhere - have people already posted which (if any) decorations appear when you clear which fields on the island? Are there any rewards for the first four plots of land we can buy, for example?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 05.08.2014
    Am I the only person in the game who isnt even opening the airport? I just cant see the point of all the work necessary to do the tasks and then lose it again. Imagine a building that you have struggled on for 30 days (and spent a lot of cash on) disappearing 2 minutes after it has finished building! A permanent farm would have been a more sensible idea. The sale of gold would have increased - I think that after the first flush of this type of event the gold usage will drop dramatically - and it could have been worked on alongside our other farms. I used to play another online game that tried to generate more and more cash flow by using the same methods as seen now - that game is no longer in existence.
  • MAXWELLSMAXWELLS Posts: 1
    edited 05.08.2014
    i feel special. I went to my Island farm press upgrade my Bank on level 2. I went out from Bigfarm then went back on Island farm and i got nothing. Still standing level 1 bank and 25 000 island money gone. What should i do now ? can someone help ?
    edited 05.08.2014
    "Now sit right back and you'll hear a tale a tale of a fatefull trip"???, anyone know the rest?
    MAXWELLS wrote: »
    i feel special. I went to my Island farm press upgrade my Bank on level 2. I went out from Bigfarm then went back on Island farm and i got nothing. Still standing level 1 bank and 25 000 island money gone. What should i do now ? can someone help ?

Can you do a image of it on here?, would definitely help

• woepsawoepsa Posts: 26
    edited 05.08.2014
    After lots of teasers and a postponement i can finally check out the new goodies GGS made for us. But, after a few clicks, i cant do anything but wait 14 hours until my cowshed finishes upgrading.

Maybe i should have expected it, or read through the forum better. But i assumed there was no shared building queue, that felt more "natural" for an extra bonus farm on the other side of the world, and the gap between small players and big players will get bigger now (because the big players don't upgrade much anymore), which can't be what GGS wants.
    (Edit: oh GGS gives us more incentive to spend gold with only 1 queue, never mind most of this post... i should have known)

Probably my own fault, but i think a lot of other players' first experience with the island might also be an anticlimax. Maybe a clear heads-up, or a separate queue for the first few hours might have prevented this.

Anyway, the island looks nice, compliments. And i love the Lemurs, Aye-aye!

And no bugs :) Only i have 2 questions:
    When i look at the island "Farm management" it tells me i have 90 oranges in stock, but it gives no maximum (like 90/2050). Is there no max barn size on the island?
    And what size are the deco's you can buy at the seashell trader?

Thanks for the shells!
    edited 05.08.2014
    i do not think there is any barn size type restriction, my other barn is 2100 and there is a limit shown on the barn, here it is like with special seeds
    edited 05.08.2014
    HIDDEN DECORATIONS?

Has anybody cleared land yet and received the usual surprise rewards for it?

ETA:

rie et al cleared some but their co-ordinates were too unclear.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 05.08.2014
    Is there any way to get rid of the jiggling exclamation point thingy over the airport? I've obviously unlocked the airport and get to the island and whatnot, but it keeps telling me to click on it with the exclamation point thing, and if I mouse over it it says "Airport 00:00" or something. Is this a bug?

Also, 80s THROWBACK TIME! Also now featuring the Village People!

(Dedicated to Maxiroy :D )

If you like Pina Coladas!!
    edited 05.08.2014
    Esp. annoying since it's in the foreground - and all the others !!! have stopped jumping.

(PS: may you have dreams deserving of planting that "song" in our heads)
    edited 05.08.2014
    Hahaha, I do, believe me ;D

Also, why is there a kangaroo on the beach? (Southeastern corner, near the surfboard)
    edited 05.08.2014
    The panda equivalent, although slightly better since OZ is a surfer's paradise (used to like pandas before that spooky one on my farm).
  • woepsawoepsa Posts: 26
    edited 05.08.2014
    Thanks kbahr0072

I also think the exclamation mark over the airport is too big and prominent. A change would be appreciated :)
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 05.08.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    (Dedicated to Maxiroy :D )

If you like Pina Coladas!!

hahahahahahahahaha oh that is a blast from the past! Oh your farm is so pranked next time! LOL
  • WTF-1369WTF-1369 Posts: 3
    edited 05.08.2014
    bdreish wrote: »
    Am I the only person in the game who isnt even opening the airport? I just cant see the point of all the work necessary to do the tasks and then lose it again. Imagine a building that you have struggled on for 30 days (and spent a lot of cash on) disappearing 2 minutes after it has finished building! A permanent farm would have been a more sensible idea. The sale of gold would have increased - I think that after the first flush of this type of event the gold usage will drop dramatically - and it could have been worked on alongside our other farms. I used to play another online game that tried to generate more and more cash flow by using the same methods as seen now - that game is no longer in existence.

I think this is a very nice addition to the game but, I will agree that this should be made into a permanent addition to the game without it resetting after 30 days. It would make the people that have been begging for a new farm very happy
    edited 05.08.2014
    This farm does not recognise achievements made before the task comes up, unlike the main farm.
    I wasted a lot of oranges and expensive fizz and have idle mills now because I daren't waste peanuts before the task comes up.
    edited 05.08.2014
    i am using this event as a test, i have used gold on it for the house and want to see what happens and if the gold used does any good, if at the end it was really a waste because the island resets, then i will do very little the next time

Also, why is there a kangaroo on the beach? (Southeastern corner, near the surfboard)

what kangaroo. there is something that is close, but not one

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 06.08.2014
    I am finding that because you are only earning shells and not cash for all the goods you make i am running out of money to do anything the bank takes forever for you to be able to upgrade again or even transfer cash to the island so i have everything but the bank running the only way would be for me to use gold to rush things up which i am not prepared to do so for me i am just not enjoying it. :( money goes too quick on this island
  • choco10choco10 Posts: 6
    edited 06.08.2014
    Damn, this is a really expensive island! My money is almost spent, all that's left are some sea shells I can do nothing with, so no more trips to this island for me....
    Better focus on my main farm, what a disappointment this island turned out to be!
  • edited 06.08.2014
    Upgrades are hugely expnesive, went from 4,500 for my fence, to 420,000 for one upgrade!! I can't imagine what upgrades 3 and 4 might cost!

I have 4 different farms (on 4 different servers). I started it on my US farm, since it had the most money and I knew it would take some, just didn't know how much at that point. Now that I know, this will be the only farm I run the island on. And unless changes are made, it will be the only time!! I can't afford it! Waaaaay too much money necessary. C'mon GGS, did you really think people could actually afford millions of dollars worth of island farm upgrades in 30 days?? Just for it to disappear?

Unless, of course, you only plan to run this event once a year and people can load up the cash for next year...

I love the looks of the island, the worker outfits are cute, and the basic premise is good, I don't even have a problem with the bank, I plan my stuff around it. Lots of strategy involved in that! But, the island just isn't doable with the funds required to run it. I'm not so excited about the farm anymore.
  • harduphardup Posts: 125
    edited 06.08.2014
    Well, at last I am happy with the new GGS update.
    The design of the island is very nice etc.
    Requires some strategic planning to complete all three Chapters quests and manage it in 30 days.
    Long quest - I love it.
    Definitely this is for level 100+ players for not to get bored with the game.
    Finally, you convert your extra cash into shells to buy some Happiness for the other farms.
    I would like the top happiness artifacts (the Oasis) to be more effective than top prizes coming out of weekly standard quests (professional level 78 for 5x5).
    However, three Sand Castles beat the prof.quest prizes on happiness ratio.
    Thank you, good work !
    edited 06.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »

Are you an authority on GGS kangaroo identification? What is it if it isn't a roo?

Question: what can I buy with shells besides decorations? And why are there shells AND island bucks when they're not exchangeable? (I'm trying to work out the exchange rate between them and whether something is worth more in one currency or another.)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 06.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »

I don't know about you but this looks like a kangaroo to me....
    Attachment not found.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 06.08.2014

It looks like a kangaroo, yes.
    But Shhh, I think it's Agent Mooh in disguise. ;)

Also I think this event mostly is designed for high level players, who have their main-, gourmet- and flowerfarm full built up.
    But since it's also available to lower leveled players, I hope they also get some good stuff out of their work, even they maybe not can complete the event.

To me it seems like several players here thouhgt they could do this event in 2-3 days, since they complain for the high prices on the Island?
    - Yes, the prices is high, I'm agree in that. But I think it's a little to early to judge about that, It was just yesterday the event start up, and we have 30 day to it.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 06.08.2014
    uksharon3 wrote: »
    I am finding that because you are only earning shells and not cash for all the goods you make i am running out of money to do anything the bank takes forever for you to be able to upgrade again or even transfer cash to the island so i have everything but the bank running the only way would be for me to use gold to rush things up which i am not prepared to do so for me i am just not enjoying it. :( money goes too quick on this island

If i got it right, I think that the point is to first upgrade the bank and than focus on the island.

And yes, this is more fun if you are a high level player with over a milion income per day.
  • Daytona4Daytona4 Posts: 14
    edited 06.08.2014
    Loving it, thank you ! :)
  • Christoffel2Christoffel2 Posts: 2
    edited 06.08.2014
    It cost 19900 to produce 30 orange drinks. and then you get 220 for selling them!
Sign In to comment.