Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Naming island farm

X( I am seething, I am furious - and I DEMAND an explanation why I can't call my island farm Peacock Paradise???????????????????????
Post edited by elunia13 (GB1) on

Comments

• Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 05.08.2014
    probably because it contains too much letters
  • Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 05.08.2014
    13 characters is the limit for naming the farm.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 05.08.2014
    Are you sure it isn't the word filter being over zealous? Despite there being a Research with Skill in its name try typing it in a message
  • elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 05.08.2014
    It is this idiotic word filter, of course it is! I am sooo upset that I didn't formulate the question properly perhaps, I know very well that the word cock here is a problem, but really, peacocks are animals on the island, so GGS needs to do something about it. I guess I better contact support, but I needed to vent my anger publicly!!!
  • KitteymewPlayerKitteymewPlayer Posts: 13
    edited 05.08.2014
    how can I change the name?
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 05.08.2014
    how can I change the name?
    Same as all the other farms. Use 'Settings' from the square menu top right
  • KitteymewPlayerKitteymewPlayer Posts: 13
    edited 05.08.2014
    thank you :)
  • Sophie10002Sophie10002 Posts: 18
    edited 05.08.2014
    Every time I try and put a letter in the name the island it comes up rename. Any 1st letter. Logged out and back in and same thing. Without a name cannot move forward in the island game. Please Help!

Fixed!
    What a game.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 05.08.2014
    It's not fixed for me... :(

Hmm, that was ridiculous. Apparently I am NOT allowed to call it "Tropicana" but "Island Farm" is okay. *eyeroll* Good thing it's only 30 days. :-p

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • BlackKoiBlackKoi Posts: 1
    edited 05.08.2014
    Every time I try to rename my Island Farm, I get an "Invalid Name" message. Some names I have tried are: Tropical Fish, Tropics, TropicalFish, etc. As far as I can tell none of these are swear words or have special characters, and hopefully it's a bug that can be fixed! Thank you!
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 05.08.2014
    The game has very odd notions of what is a "bad word." It wouldn't let me include the word "floral" in my flower farm name, and I have no idea why. It probably thinks part of the word "tropical" is inappropriate, but don't ask me what it might be. I think the only thing you can do is try something that doesn't include "tropical" and see if that works.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 05.08.2014
    It wouldn't let me name my farm Tropicana, but Island Farm was apparently acceptable. :-p
  • Tdd7Tdd7 Posts: 34
    edited 05.08.2014
    It includes things that are swear words in other languages, so probably something in the middle is a dirty word in some other language. :/
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 05.08.2014
    :D I tried to name island farm - Pina Colada... wouldn't let me do it, of course.
    I named it like this: Pin a Colada ;)
    No problems with that 8)
    Meaning is not the same, but who cares, it's only 30 days... ;)
  • wickedwitchy (US1)wickedwitchy (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 05.08.2014
    I for get how to name it in the first place :(
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 05.08.2014
    I wanted to call my farm tropical view would not let me Which is swear word?
  • LandedGentry (US1)LandedGentry (US1) Posts: 41
    edited 05.08.2014
    I tried "Vacation Island", "Vacation" and the bad language message came up.

It could be right. Vacations are so expensive these days. Who knows?

Everything is so expensive these days.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.08.2014
    Well thank goodness that this censor program is working! VACATION! How obscene!
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 05.08.2014
    If he filter is being stupid, try copy/pasting ç in place of the c. Or just misspell the whole thing so you can actually fit it into the 13 character space. Like a vanity license plate. You know how many spellings of 'love' there are for license plates? I saw lov once. And also luvv. Things really aren't perfect, so try to work around the issues instead of just getting mad and throwing a tantrum.
  • rahma40rahma40 Posts: 12
    edited 06.08.2014
    I have been trying to give a name to the island farm which is " Tropical " but it refused and said no swear words are allowed .... but i do not think that the word tropical or tropicana has something wrong in it ... hope its just a bug ?????? any help regarding that ?
  • Neets (US1)Neets (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 06.08.2014
    I can't name mine either, won't say the name but had the word Tropical in it, glitches should always be expected, I hope they sort it out soon though as it is the last task...
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 06.08.2014
    One of the members in our co-op tried to name her island "Tropical" as well but it does indeed show the foul language warning. ;s
    We've been wondering if it means something bad in some language but nobody could think of anything and the co-op chat doesn't censor it either. o.o
    edited 06.08.2014
    well , It happened to me like her the co op member ... I ever tried to name it containing " Tropical" but then that warning shew up :(:( I do really hate such filter :(
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 06.08.2014
    i have no mail regarding island farm .what can i do
    edited 06.08.2014
    Finally I was able to fix it .. I just put a small space between the "i" and the "c" because "pic" isnt allowed to be written :):)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 06.08.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    :D I tried to name island farm - Pina Colada... wouldn't let me do it, of course.
    I named it like this: Pin a Colada ;)
    No problems with that 8)
    Meaning is not the same, but who cares, it's only 30 days... ;)

THAT SONG! :D

Mine's called "Scamtastic Isle". Pina colada was a definite close second :)
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 06.08.2014
    elunia13 wrote: »
    X( I am seething, I am furious - and I DEMAND an explanation why I can't call my island farm Peacock Paradise???????????????????????
    Dont think you can have cock in the name.......^^
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 06.08.2014
    I named mine Fantasy Island! I use to love that show when I was younger. The plane boss, the plane!!!
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 06.08.2014
    Let's face it.
    The programmers behind the censorship filter has more bad thinking than most of us combined.
  • edited 06.08.2014
    So I just was told that I have 1000 seashells and to use them on this island farm but I cant get in to the island farm do I have to be a certain level in order to go into this farm?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file