Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Seashells

Do our seashells expire at the end of the 30 day Island thing or can we 'bank' them???

Also - the ? button on the airport ring says that we will get seeds in exchange for seashells but as far as I can see we're only being offered decor.
Post edited by tracey40 (GB1) on

Comments

• aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 05.08.2014
    tracey40 wrote: »
    Do our seashells expire at the end of the 30 day Island thing or can we 'bank' them???

Also - the ? button on the airport ring says that we will get seeds in exchange for seashells but as far as I can see we're only being offered decor.

The seeds are locked for now. They are part of next upgrade (together with the greenhouse).

No idea about the seashells. I would like no know it too.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 05.08.2014
    The seeds are not being offered yet. That is because the greenhouse at the south of the farm has not been implemented yet. Once that is implemented you will be able to buy seeds from Benny.

I suppose we get to keep the shells, but I am not entirely sure.
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 05.08.2014
    The seashells had better be permanent - you can see them in your Inventory Equipment. If they're not permanent then what is the point of investing all the farm dollars in order to earn them?
  • Sylvia70Sylvia70 Posts: 6
    edited 05.08.2014
    Thank you for asking the same question that came to my mind. Will the remaining (and there will be remaining seashells - no doubt) collected seashells be carried over to the next event?
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 05.08.2014
    It's all a mystery - just like the grape-eating lemurs. Poor wee mites will starve because there's no vineyard as far as I can see...
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 05.08.2014
    tracey40 wrote: »
    It's all a mystery - just like the grape-eating lemurs. Poor wee mites will starve because there's no vineyard as far as I can see...

You can sow grapes on the island fields :):)
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 05.08.2014
    We will keep all seashells. Everything else...gone after 30, seashells stay. That's for sure ;)
  • Sylvia70Sylvia70 Posts: 6
    edited 05.08.2014
    I hope the Island Dollars will stay along with the seashells...
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 05.08.2014
    Sylvia70 wrote: »
    I hope the Island Dollars will stay along with the seashells...

If I remember correctly, they will be turned into shells at the end. So shells probably stay.
  • Sendy79User (INT1)Sendy79User (INT1) Posts: 42
    edited 05.08.2014
    where can i see how many shells do i have?
  • ValenNValenN Posts: 2
    edited 05.08.2014
    How does one acquire seashells?
    At the airport nothing is said.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 05.08.2014
    where can i see how many shells do i have?

In your inventory at your main-farm or in the exchange-menu of Benny Buddler and his truck.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 05.08.2014
    ValenN wrote: »
    How does one acquire seashells?
    At the airport nothing is said.

If you sell your field products or bar products on the island you will get shells for it. And for finishing some of the tasks, you will get shells too.
  • ValenNValenN Posts: 2
    edited 05.08.2014
    What are the bar products?
    edited 05.08.2014
    ValenN wrote: »
    What are the bar products?

Various drinks/cocktails made with the fruits from the farm.
  • Asid (GB1)Asid (GB1) Posts: 31
    edited 06.08.2014
    So do we get to keep seashells in the end or what? Whats the point of all this? Too much money going in and nothing coming out of it.
  • edited 06.08.2014
    Yes, you keep the shells at the end. The one update said, at the end, everything is sold off and turned into shells, then the event is done. Those seeds you can buy with the shells had better produce a MASSIVE profit, or the entire island is a huge waste of money and time.

It reminds me of selling the bakery goods for less money than you'd make selling the items without turning them into goodies. Granted, they did change that now! But it is one of those, you do this and you'll lose tons of money but it's disguised as a good thing.

This island needs an update already. I'm already pushing over half a million spent.... What do I have? About 4,000 shells and a ton of orange fizz that cost a fortune to make in the first place. I have high happiness and it still costs me about 11,000 to make one batch of drinks. Needs some serious adjusting...
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 06.08.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Various drinks/cocktails made with the fruits from the farm.

Alas, they're all nonalcoholic :(
    edited 06.08.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Alas, they're all nonalcoholic :(

Yes, they are especially for me. If they were alcoholic I would not bother making them XD
  • SMRever (US1)SMRever (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 13.08.2014
    Does anyone know how many shells we get for each task - peacocks, peanuts, fertilizer etc?
    edited 13.08.2014
    SMRever wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many shells we get for each task - peacocks, peanuts, fertilizer etc?

Spreadsheets with all the info on the island farm we have so far can be found here: http://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/spreadsheet-spoilers-and-helpful-information/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file