Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

ARG! Lost a LOT of GOLD on the new Island.

SoftAllan (SKN1)SoftAllan (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 10
Be careful! The new island deletes itself after 30 days?! I just spend some 80.000 gold on expanding the farm to the full area and THEN found out it is going to be reset ;( Talking about farming my gold coins!
Post edited by SoftAllan (SKN1) on

Comments

• Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 05.08.2014
    The reset after 30 days was announced everywhere. It is even in the task where you have to go to the island farm, stated in the task window. Maybe read all information before you dash into something next time? :)
  • KitteymewPlayerKitteymewPlayer Posts: 13
    edited 05.08.2014
    I'm confused - I donated certs and then exchanged cash for island dollars, but when I clicked on the plane nothing happened. now the plane is gone and still no island
  • SoftAllan (SKN1)SoftAllan (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 10
    edited 05.08.2014
    Yes that might be it. I sometimes act before I think ;) Well, sometimes you just have to learn the hard way. :pinch:
    edited 05.08.2014
    I'm confused - I donated certs and then exchanged cash for island dollars, but when I clicked on the plane nothing happened. now the plane is gone and still no island

Is there a new next harvest line on your next harvest menu? The island should be there as soon as you get the task to visit the island. You can also click the island button in the airport's ring menu and in the drop down at the top. 3 ways to visit the island ^^
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 05.08.2014

In addition to Larino: and if all buttons still are greyed-out than Latten advises you to restart your pc. This solved this problem for a few of my coop-members, too.
  • KitteymewPlayerKitteymewPlayer Posts: 13
    edited 05.08.2014
    I didn't have a new harvest line and the ring wouldn't let me do anything after I clicked it the first time, but I logged out of the game and back in and now it's there
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 05.08.2014
    Beware of it, if you spend gold on it you loose the lot after 30 days
    to me its a ridiculous idea. why would anyone want to spend all there time money gold and then after 30 days loose the lot. All this time waiting for something new to come to boost interest and this turns up.
  • sac77777777sac77777777 Posts: 39
    edited 05.08.2014
    Is there a powerful decoration or something that we get for playing this island farm? Or some other useful thing?

It seems rather silly to spend time and money on it if it is going to be around for only 30 days.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 05.08.2014
    It still can be confusing to some people. I see that on the décor that it has a 29day count down where as on the buildings it does not. This also makes it a little confusing. I figured everything did get cleared but I wanted to be absolutely sure that this was correct and I wasn't misreading something myself. I will not be buying décor or houses for gold because it will be wiped out. I don't see the point. maybe it makes sense for others but not for me. My pockets don't go that deep. Had those gold buildings, décor and plots been permanent I would have bought them with gold.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 05.08.2014
    Is there a powerful decoration or something that we get for playing this island farm? Or some other useful thing?

Yes. Fore each finished chapter you will get a sand castle deco. More information on sand castles can be found in deco tower (13th floor).

In addition to this, you are getting seashells. For seashells you can buy some island deco for other three farms (these stay permanent) or exotic seeds.
    edited 05.08.2014
    You can buy a 7x7 deco for 135 happiness and the final reward for chapter 3 is a deco for 90 happiness. The other decos vary in happiness values we already know, starting with 50 for the sand castles. The rest you can view in the deco tower.

Also, this event is only a link in a much larger event. If you click on the airport and then the question mark 12 o'clock on the ring menu, you will see the entire cycle of all the environment parts and how they are linked. The final stage is the horse stable and you will need the exotic seeds you can win in this event to ship them with the ship in the harbour and then receive horse shoes to work your horse farm with. It is all future, not everything has been implemented yet, but I think we are going to get very busy once it has.
  • sac77777777sac77777777 Posts: 39
    edited 05.08.2014
    Thanks guys :)
  • fountaindalefountaindale Posts: 17
    edited 05.08.2014
    a lot of people with quit doing this as it expensive so its been a waste of your time making this challenge for use all
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 05.08.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Maybe read all information before you dash into something next time? :)

tosagreements.jpg?w=1012&h=826
    edited 05.08.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »
    tosagreements.jpg?w=1012&h=826

At least it does mean it was there and you could have read it and have no right to complain ; ) But that may just be my opinion ^^
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 05.08.2014
    we have the same opinion, lol.

This reminds me of the Southpark episode where Kyle just clicked yes to the apple agreement without reading it.
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 05.08.2014
    lol, 1.8 M seashells for a deco?
  • JojoBellJojoBell Posts: 44
    edited 05.08.2014
    Moonlime wrote: »
    lol, 1.8 M seashells for a deco?

If you play the island, you will find that isn't too hard to obtain really. Especially when you figure in the fact that you have 30 to collect those shells. I already have a ton of them!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file